Team vs Spurs (A)

BFC1997

Very well-known member
Joined
12 Feb 2011
Messages
18,010
Reaction score
20,336
Location
Isleworth

Team vs Spurs (A)

A real shame we don’t have Wissa, Schade or Mbeumo available to really do some damage against their high line.

Nonetheless it feels like we need to go 3-5-2, defend like lions in a low block and draw them in and try to kill them on the counter.

No Reguilon, presumably no Nørgaard still. Tricky one but can’t be writing it off.

What would you go with? I can’t decide yet.

Feels like we need to get KLP closer to Ivan, but with Janelt needed in the middle and SR ineligible we don’t have another option at LB / LWB. Also how to fit Ajer in without dropping any of Pinnock / Collins / Mee?
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

I thought Norgaard was available for this one?
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

I don’t think that has been said and I am not sure how likely it is.
Perhaps I was being overly optimistic, but after the Wolves replay, Frank said that he'd miss NF, but would be back shortly after that. I took it to mean that he could make Spurs, given the gap. Fingers crossed.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Probably has to be the same team, would like a bit more pace up top to get in behind the high line like we did vs Villa, but don’t really have any other option at LWB that would allow KLP up top. Schade if fit would only be on the bench. Congo could get knocked out on Wednesday which could get Wissa back, although I suspect they’ll beat Tanzania.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Flekken
Ajer, Collins, Pinnock, Mee, Janelt
Jensen, Norgaard, New
KLP, Toney

If Norggard still out Janelt moving into midfield and Mads R at Left Wing Back. Need a bit of pace upfront to support Toney.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Flekken
Ajer, Collins, Pinnock, Mee, Janelt
Jensen, Norgaard, New
KLP, Toney

If Norggard still out Janelt moving into midfield and Mads R at Left Wing Back. Need a bit of pace upfront to support Toney.
He won't be dropping Maupay , 5 goals and 3 assists
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Flekken
Ajer, Collins, Pinnock, Mee, Janelt
Jensen, Norgaard, New
KLP, Toney

If Norggard still out Janelt moving into midfield and Mads R at Left Wing Back. Need a bit of pace upfront to support Toney.
Don’t think Nørgaard will be fit.
Think it very unlikely we sign a new CM?
Also difficult to drop Neal currently
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

I think Thomas will make one change, which will be Nörgaard in for Damsgaard
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Also DR Congo play their final group game of the AFCON against Tanzania on Wednesday. If they lose that they are out of the tournament and surely Wissa will be back in time for the Spurs game.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Also DR Congo play their final group game of the AFCON against Tanzania on Wednesday. If they lose that they are out of the tournament and surely Wissa will be back in time for the Spurs game.
Excellent option to have off the bench but don't think he'll be in contention for a start. His last couple of performances before he went didn't do him much justice either.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

He won't be dropping Maupay , 5 goals and 3 assists

Horses for courses for me. We are not going to have much of the ball and would need to break quickly like the fixture last season. Not much pace with Ivan and Neil. So it's KLP and Toney for me, totally understand your comment.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Don’t think Nørgaard will be fit.
Think it very unlikely we sign a new CM?
Also difficult to drop Neal currently

Just my view, I just don't think we will beat Spurs without pace up top, as for the midfielder I live in hope as we have a number of similar players that I don't think are good enough long term. Would be great to get a midfielder that can break the defensive line. This may come as a shock I think we are OK in the forward area with Ivan back for now But I think we need better in midfield. I felt we struggled a bit in there on Saturday. As I said totally understand the comment regarding Maupay.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Its a shame Neal keeps scoring as he's so slow ! Could do with some pace on the wings , KLP and Josh but I cant see that happening if he wants Ivan and Neal starting
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

I'd like to see KLP up front for this one. Horses for courses and we need pace up there. Toney and Maupay are not quick!

So with that in mind I'd probably have Roerslev at LWB and Ajer on the right. Midfield 3 the same as NF unless Norgaard is available of course.

Maupay can do some damage from the bench!
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

I'd go with this,

Flekken
Ajer, Collins, Pinnock, Mee, Keane-Potter
Jensen, Janelt, Da Silva
Maupay, Toney

I think they're getting the better of Janelt either way at left back so there's no point complaining about the lack of defensive ability of KLP, it's the same either way. At least with Da Silva we might be able to catch them on the break, he has explosive power that Damsgaard clearly lacks.

The good news is we can swap out all three midfielders now with Dams, Yarmo and Baptiste so we don't fall apart if we get some tired legs in there or if JDS has one of his off days. I'd also attack on the counter with Ajer and KLP, we might as well lose 5-4 as 2-0 as we won't stop them from scoring.

It's fun playing against Spurs these days anyway so i'm looking forward to the game either way. Hopefully we can ensure that the disgusting Richarlison doesn't score at least.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Flekken
Collins Pinnock Mee
Ajer Jensen Norgaard Janelt KLP
Toney Maupay

Subs
Strakosha
Zanka
Roerslev
DaSilva
Baptise
Yarmoluik
Damsgaard
Olakigbe
Schade if fit/Wissa if back from Afcon/B teamer
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Flekken
Collins Pinnock Mee
Ajer Jensen Norgaard Janelt KLP
Toney Maupay

Subs
Strakosha
Zanka
Roerslev
DaSilva
Baptise
Yarmoluik
Damsgaard
Olakigbe
Schade if fit/Wissa if back from Afcon/B teamer

If Roerslev fit then swap him for KLP as full back and play KLP instead of Maupay up front

Harsh on NM but as we won’t have much of the ball, and their expected high line, then KLP is more likely to beat their off sides while playing a low block. Jensen and Toney can then pass behind their defence
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

......................Flekken
.............Pinnock........Mee
...Ajer.........Noorgard.....Janelt
.....................Jensen
..JDS............Toney............KLP
....................Maupay
5 defensive plus Jensen
4 attacking plus Jensen
I thought Collins was over casual out of position and nullified Roerslev, last week.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

A real shame we don’t have Wissa, Schade or Mbeumo available to really do some damage against their high line.

Nonetheless it feels like we need to go 3-5-2, defend like lions in a low block and draw them in and try to kill them on the counter.

No Reguilon, presumably no Nørgaard still. Tricky one but can’t be writing it off.

What would you go with? I can’t decide yet.

Feels like we need to get KLP closer to Ivan, but with Janelt needed in the middle and SR ineligible we don’t have another option at LB / LWB. Also how to fit Ajer in without dropping any of Pinnock / Collins / Mee?
Could play Ajer as right wing back and Mads play on the left.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Could play Ajer as right wing back and Mads play on the left.
Not gonna lie, I hate that

Roerslev is awkward enough on the ball on his strong side. His main strength of being able to get high and wide and produce those early first time crosses on the break is completely diminished if he has to cut in each time.

Ajer, I like him better RCB or RB for many reasons.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Flekken
Ajer Pinnock Mee
Roerslev Jensen Norgaard Janelt KLP
Maupay Toney

Harsh on Collins but personally I always like Ajer on the right of a back three as he has that extra pace and ability to make runs forward. Lack of pace up front not ideal but it could work if we push KLP up high, he will have more cover with Janelt tucked in behind him.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Flekken,Collins,Mee,Pinnock,Roerslev,Jensen,Norgaard,Janelt,KLP,Toney,Maupay.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

After a morale-boosting win it's sensible to change as little as possible. Just Norgaard for Damsgaard. Shame our front two don't have more pace to exploit Spurs' often ridiculously high line, but Roerslev and KLP both offer pace out wide.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

I think I would enjoy seeing Janelt on the bench... he has played so much and at so many different positions. It would be good to see him have a little bit of a rest and come on for a final 20 or so to contribute.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

I think I would enjoy seeing Janelt on the bench... he has played so much and at so many different positions. It would be good to see him have a little bit of a rest and come on for a final 20 or so to contribute.
He would have had 11 days off before the Spurs game coupled with a recent break in Dubai. He plays with CN and Jensen in the middle
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

It is tough to think about dropping Maupay, but not really sure we can justify both him and Toney in the side for such a tough away game - especially where pace on the break is going to be key and Neal doesn’t have any.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Mee, Collins, Pinnock, Ajer, Roerslev.

Can play max 4/5 of these, who do you drop? Instinctively I think Roerslev, but he did OK vs Forest and he’s probably more natural than Ajer at RWB if we play a back 5 (which would seem likely).
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Midfield. Nørgaard back in gives us the flexibility of being able to move Janelt to LB/LWB in Reguilon’s absence.

But then it means you need to put Damsgaard / Dasilva / Baptiste in midfield with CN&MJ which is a bit “brave” for Spurs away.

Alternative though would be KLP at LWB, which I don’t like; he is not the best defensively, and it also means our only naturally wide attacking player is once again pegged back into a defensive role. Would prefer him as close to Toney as possible.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Flekken, Ajer, Collins, Pinnock, Mee, Roerslev, Norgaard, Janelt, Jensen, Toney, KLP.

KLP up front with Toney as the only player with real pace in the squad currently available. Ajer as RWB to give us a bit of counter-attacking momentum down the right. Janelt stays in midfield to help tighten things up in there but would use him as the 6 and have Norgaard and Jensen as the more mobile 8s. Roerslev LWB as we need someone with a bit of mobility and defensive nous there. Otherwise we'd have to go 4-3-3 to get the desired pace on the counter with KLP and JDS wide but feel that would leave us far too open.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Flekken
Collins Pinnock Mee
Roerslev Jensen Norgaard Janelt KLP
Toney Maupay

Bench: Valdimarsson,Baptiste,Ajer,Dasilva,Damsgaard,Yarmolyuk,Zanka,Olakigbe,Brierley
That would be my team, only debate I have in my mind is whether Roerslev or Ajer.

I get what others are saying about KLP up top but you just can't drop a striker that has scored 3 in 3. Maupay starts up top for me with Ivan.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

That would be my team, only debate I have in my mind is whether Roerslev or Ajer.

I get what others are saying about KLP up top but you just can't drop a striker that has scored 3 in 3. Maupay starts up top for me with Ivan.
Ajer for Mads Mads for KLP. KLP fluffed his chance v Florist imo so Mads keeps his place albeit on the other side of the line. Before anyone starts JLP could/should have had a hatrick v our Woody foes.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

A real shame we don’t have Wissa, Schade or Mbeumo available to really do some damage against their high line.

Nonetheless it feels like we need to go 3-5-2, defend like lions in a low block and draw them in and try to kill them on the counter.

No Reguilon, presumably no Nørgaard still. Tricky one but can’t be writing it off.

What would you go with? I can’t decide yet.

Feels like we need to get KLP closer to Ivan, but with Janelt needed in the middle and SR ineligible we don’t have another option at LB / LWB. Also how to fit Ajer in without dropping any of Pinnock / Collins / Mee?
Watching the first half of Spurs v City I've done Frank's job for him.

All we need to do is pay two attacking wing backs to keep Udogie and Porro busy, but the same players will also need to mark Kuluvseski and Werner out of the game too.
Maupay to wind up Romero to get him sent off and Jensen to chum up to the referee before Maddison does...hey presto Toney to score a late penalty and we win.
 

Team vs Spurs (A)

Watching the first half of Spurs v City I've done Frank's job for him.

All we need to do is pay two attacking wing backs to keep Udogie and Porro busy, but the same players will also need to mark Kuluvseski and Werner out of the game too.
Maupay to wind up Romero to get him sent off and Jensen to chum up to the referee before Maddison does...hey presto Toney to score a late penalty and we win.
How much do you expect MB to pay?
 
Back
Top Bottom