Team vs Stoke (A)

Team vs Stoke (A)

I used to get annoyed by cup teams being seriously weak and filled with obvious no hopers so didn’t go to many cup games. The one where Jota was rumoured to be returning which made the trip worthwhile and the roar when he came on was about as loud as anything I ever heard at GP.

Now, because even the young lads have big promise (MPH cost way more than Herman so if he’s behind other starting players, they must be rated!) and we take winning whatever the line up to be seriously important, I’m actually looking forward to seeing what the next generation look like at Stoke.
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

Forss will start.
Mbeumo and Pinnock injured.

Thomas says there will not be so many changes for this one as there was vs FGR or Oldham:

 

Team vs Stoke (A)

Forss will start.
Mbeumo and Pinnock injured.

Thomas says there will not be so many changes for this one as there was vs FGR or Oldham:



Probably because we won't have enough players to cover both the first team and B team games otherwise... Expect a lot of the inbetweeners to be on the bench though. If Fosu and Valencia can't get in this squad then we know it's totally over for them here.. (expected Fosu to start but his absence from the bench in the last couple of games makes you wonder..)
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

Forss will start.
Mbeumo and Pinnock injured.

Thomas says there will not be so many changes for this one as there was vs FGR or Oldham:


IIRC we made 11 changes for Oldham, so I'm expecting 10 for this

Think Thomas has previous for this
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

We haven't won a cup since 1942, and even that wasn't a proper one. Let's win the League Cup. We're a different level now and for the first time ever it's a totally realistic aim. We're not going to make the playoffs this year and there's plenty in the tank to ensure a second season in the Prem. There are only two games to win before the semis, at which point we would go full strength anyway. I can't see two extra games for our first team having much bearing on our league outcome. Why not go for it?
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

I can't see TF taking a stronger team than we played against FGR or Oldham. It makes little sense. Especially with a bankable game on Saturday. I would expect very few risks to be taken given the knocks v Leicester and the depleted midfield atm.
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

I can't see TF taking a stronger team than we played against FGR or Oldham. It makes little sense. Especially with a bankable game on Saturday. I would expect very few risks to be taken given the knocks v Leicester and the depleted midfield atm.
I wish we could take a team as strong as that which played in the two earlier rounds. So many players injured now.
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

I wish we could take a team as strong as that which played in the two earlier rounds. So many players injured now.
We’re only missing Wissa from the team which started v Oldham. We’re missing MBS, Halil, Wissa, Janelt and possibly Pinnock from that which started v Forest Green.
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

It will be the bench team mainly. The B team have a cup match tonight as well
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

It will be the bench team mainly. The B team have a cup match tonight as well
That’ll be interesting to see that lineup.

Was hoping we’d see Lachlan Brook at Stoke but he’s away with Australia U23s.
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

I can't see TF taking a stronger team than we played against FGR or Oldham. It makes little sense. Especially with a bankable game on Saturday. I would expect very few risks to be taken given the knocks v Leicester and the depleted midfield atm.
Despite my previous post, I suppose I reluctantly have to agree, purely because of the injury pickle we find ourselves in. Shame though. If ever there was a season to go all out for a cup, this would have been it.
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

Based on what we know…

Fernandez
Ajer, Goode, Zanka
Mads, Norgaard, Ghoddos, Jensen, Henry
Forss, Toney
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

The injuries have rocked us a bit (or even if they haven't actually rocked the team, they're rocked me).

I would be ok if we play a very weak team and go out fighting bravely, i'd also be ok with it if we won. Gotta be honest, with no Raya for 4 months and 2 defeats in a row... survival is the priority again in my mind.
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

Carabao cup could have been a realistic target for another semi final appearance or even better but for the chronic injury list . Pretty sure the club’s strategy at this stage would have been to put out a pretty strong eleven , winning games is always good obviously but going a long way in the cup is great for the clubs profile , but now can’t see the point in risking more than a couple of first teamers .
A real shame !
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

Risking Toney, Norgaard and Henry in the Carabao Cup with our current injury list would be beyond stupid.
‘Based on what we know’ referred to Frank’s comments I read saying he is planning on picking a strong team, as well as those who we know are injured and unavailable.
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

‘Based on what we know’ referred to Frank’s comments I read saying he is planning on picking a strong team, as well as those who we know are injured and unavailable.

TF believes, or can bluff believing, that any 11 from the squad will make a strong team so that phrase is a bit of a red herring
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

TF believes, or can bluff believing, that any 11 from the squad will make a strong team so that phrase is a bit of a red herring
He’s not going to say any team of ours is a weak one!
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

I think the Rob Rowan board at Jersey Road may get a new name or two tomorrow!

Cox or Shepperd or Winterbottom or Rees!!!!

Stevens Goode Zanka Thompson

Peart-Harris Bidstrup Maghoma

Ghoddos Forss Fosu

Subs: Fernandez, Ajer, Canos, Roerslev, Jensen, Toney, +3

We can't risk playing Fernandez in the cup. One freak injury and we're down to B teamers or some out of contract 40 yo who is still match fit! Personally I wouldn't play Zanka or Ghoddos either, but we're running out of options!
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

I think the Rob Rowan board at Jersey Road may get a new name or two tomorrow!

Cox or Shepperd or Winterbottom or Rees!!!!

Stevens Goode Zanka Thompson

Peart-Harris Bidstrup Maghoma

Ghoddos Forss Fosu

Subs: Fernandez, Ajer, Canos, Roerslev, Jensen, Toney, +3

We can't risk playing Fernandez in the cup. One freak injury and we're down to B teamers or some out of contract 40 yo who is still match fit! Personally I wouldn't play Zanka or Ghoddos either, but we're running out of options!
I like this team, however, depending on the team Stoke put out, I don't think it'll be good enough to win there - if Stoke played a strong eleven .
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

I think the Rob Rowan board at Jersey Road may get a new name or two tomorrow!

Cox or Shepperd or Winterbottom or Rees!!!!

Stevens Goode Zanka Thompson

Peart-Harris Bidstrup Maghoma

Ghoddos Forss Fosu

Subs: Fernandez, Ajer, Canos, Roerslev, Jensen, Toney, +3

We can't risk playing Fernandez in the cup. One freak injury and we're down to B teamers or some out of contract 40 yo who is still match fit! Personally I wouldn't play Zanka or Ghoddos either, but we're running out of options!
Fernandez has never played for us against anyone above League Two opposition, I would be amazed if he doesn’t start tonight.
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

Blimey - we're putting out a strong team. Didn't see that coming!
 

Team vs Stoke (A)

TF swinging his big Danish nuts with that line up !
 
Back
Top Bottom