Team vs Walsall

ladbroke

Well-known member
Joined
15 Jul 2006
Messages
18,087
Reaction score
5,836
Location
Arbroath, NE Scotland

Team vs Walsall

Lets get this party started...

A party until the end of April that is....

I'd actually show intent with this game. Hard to think of anyone to drop but needs must....

Moore
Logan Dean Craig Bidwell
Donaldson Forshaw Douglas Forrester
Trotta BWP

Lee, Hodson, Reeves*, Dallas/Saunders, Dave, Adeyemi, Hayes

**if allowed as I thought if players suffered concussion they have to sit out a minimum of 7 days

I realise 442 is not our formation, but from 5 of the 6 in midfield/up front, who would you possibly leave unmarked to double up on any single player. By not doubling up, you then let our players get the freedom they used to have before being ganged up (Forrester style)...
Allow Douglas to bully in midfield and Forshaw to create down the middle. Forrester and Donaldson to terrorise the wings as they have been doing of late.
As I said, hard to drop anyone, but I feel this is a good team to get maybe a 3-4 goal win over Warsaw.............
 

Team vs Walsall

--------------------Moore-------------

Logan-------Dean------Craig----Bidwell

Forshaw---Douglas---Diagouraga--Forrester

--------Donaldson-----Wright Philips--------

Lee
Kearnan
Hodson
Saunders
Adayemi
Hayes
Trotta
 

Team vs Walsall

--------------------Moore-------------

Logan-------Dean------Craig----Bidwell

Forshaw---Douglas---Diagouraga--Forrester

--------Donaldson-----Wright Philips--------

Lee
Kearnan
Hodson
Saunders
Adayemi
Hayes
Trotta
 

Team vs Walsall

Moore
Logan Dean. Craig. Bidwell

Donaldson Forshaw Douglas Forrester

Trotta Wright Phillips


Lee Dallas Dave Reeve Hodson Hayes Adeyemi
 

Team vs Walsall

Moore
Logan Dean. Craig. Bidwell

Donaldson Forshaw Douglas Forrester

Trotta Wright Phillips


Lee Dallas Dave Reeve Hodson Hayes Adeyemi

Jesus, that looks a little frightening.
 

Team vs Walsall

Moore
Logan Dean. Craig. Bidwell

Donaldson Forshaw Douglas Forrester

Trotta Wright Phillips


Lee Dallas Dave Reeve Hodson Hayes Adeyemi

Good shout.............or go 433
Moore
Logan Dean Craig Bidwell
Forshaw Douglas Diagouraga
Donaldson Trotta Wright-Phillips
 

Team vs Walsall

--------------------Lee-------------

Logan-------Dean------Craig----Bidwell

Donaldson---Forshaw---Adeyemi--Forrester

--------Hayes-----Wright Philips--------


Moore..Douglas...reeves...Hodson...Trotta...Dave....Saunders




Looking for plenty on energy in the center of midfield, and put the successful Charlton pairing up front, also give moore and douglas a rest.
 

Team vs Walsall

..........sorry but Douglas has to play .......he doesn't need resting..........the heartbeat of the team.............
 

Team vs Walsall

moore
logan dean craig bidwell
reeves douglas forshaw
donaldson bwp forrester

trotta adyemei toumani lee hodson kiernan hayes
 

Team vs Walsall

FACKIN AVE SOME OF THAT...

Actually, it'll so be Hayes up top on his jack... It's Brentford Innit.
 

Team vs Walsall

Moore
Logan, Dean, Craig, Bidwell
Forshaw, Douglas, Reeves
Donaldson, BWP, Forrester

Subs: Lee, Hodson, Barron, Dave, Saunders, Dallas, Trotta
 
Last edited:

Team vs Walsall

Moore
Logan Dean Craig Bidwell
Forshaw Douglas Adeyemi
Donaldson Trotta Forrester

Lee
Hodson
Kiernan
Saunders
Toumani
BWP
Hayes
 

Team vs Walsall

Lee
Hodson Kiernan Craig Bidwell
Douglas Dave
Donaldson Saunders Forrester
Trotta

Subs
Moore
Dean
Logan
Forshaw
Reeves
Hayes
BWP
 

Team vs Walsall

Expect BWP to start on bench and whilst the temptation may be to have an ultra attacking line up Rosler has loads of experience and will want some bite in the team
 

Team vs Walsall

--------------------Moore-------------

Logan-------Dean------Craig----Bidwell

Forshaw---Douglas---Diagouraga--Forrester

--------Donaldson-----Wright Philips--------

Lee
Kearnan
Hodson
Saunders
Adayemi
Hayes
Trotta

I think this is the line up for me, although don't mind going with a 4-3-3 shape as I think we get more from Donaldson from wider positions but this line up means we can swith from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 easily. Having said that I suspect BWP may start on the bench depending on how match fit he is/isn't.
 

Team vs Walsall

Lee
Hodson dean Craig Logan
Adeyemi Douglas
Forshaw. Forrester
Donaldson BWP

Subs
Moore
Dave
Saunders
Trotta
Kiernan
Reeves
Bidwell
 

Team vs Walsall

--------------------Moore-------------

Logan-------Dean------Craig----Bidwell

Forshaw---Douglas---Diagouraga--Forrester

--------Donaldson-----Wright Philips--------

Lee
Kearnan
Hodson
Saunders
Adayemi
Hayes
Trotta

You beat me too it , the above side please
 

Team vs Walsall

Lee
Hodson dean Craig Logan
Adeyemi Douglas
Forshaw. Forrester
Donaldson BWP

Subs
Moore
Dave
Saunders
Trotta
Kiernan
Reeves
Bidwell

Like this but would start with Trotta and BWP on the bench.
 

Team vs Walsall

Could even give Donaldson a rest? I reckon he will go Hayes and Trotta upfront and then bring BWP on for Trotta at 60 or so?

Not any of our dream team...but would make sense - has Donaldson even missed a game yet?
 

Team vs Walsall

Moore
Logan Dean. Craig. Bidwell

Donaldson Forshaw Douglas Forrester

Trotta Wright Phillips


Lee Dallas Dave Reeve Hodson Hayes Adeyemi


Agree with this we need forshaw in middle to do some proper damage, hopefully Harry and Clayton get back to there form before Xmas as well and we should score lots of goals with this team
 

Team vs Walsall

...................S.Moore.....................
Logan.......Dean...Craig........Bidwell
Forshaw..Douglas..Adeyemi..Forrester
..........Donaldson...Trotta................

Subs: Lee, Hodson, L.Moore, Diagouraga, Saunders, Hayes, Wright-Phillips.
 

Team vs Walsall

I would go for Dave in CM giving JD a breather, BWP and Trotta up front! And Sam on right. Looking at YouTube videos BWP loves balls being whipped in for him to finish
 

Team vs Walsall

I would go for Dave in CM giving JD a breather, BWP and Trotta up front! And Sam on right. Looking at YouTube videos BWP loves balls being whipped in for him to finish

As GP200 said Douglas is the heartbeat of this team. He may lack the technical ability of the excellent Forshaw but when Douglas clicks the team click. IMHO would be madness to give him a breather. Yes we did beat Sheff Utd without him but the exception proves the rule.
 

Team vs Walsall

As GP200 said Douglas is the heartbeat of this team. He may lack the technical ability of the excellent Forshaw but when Douglas clicks the team click. IMHO would be madness to give him a breather. Yes we did beat Sheff Utd without him but the exception proves the rule.

Spot on.
 

Team vs Walsall

4 points separating 7 teams at the moment. I believe it is there for the taking. Come on lads, lets send a signal of intent on Saturday.
 

Team vs Walsall

Er before everyone gets too excited and turns up expecting a win and don't bother cheering the team on, please be aware that Walsall have got 25 points out of the last 33 and won there last away game (at Doncaster), and also beat Bournemouth last month.

This is no gimme.
 

Team vs Walsall

Er before everyone gets too excited and turns up expecting a win and don't bother cheering the team on, please be aware that Walsall have got 25 points out of the last 33 and won there last away game (at Doncaster), and also beat Bournemouth last month.

This is no gimme.

Our Griffin Park record shows we're better against teams that come at us, than those that sit back looking for a 0-0. I typically associate Walsall in the latter, so I hope they do come at us. It will either way be a hard game for them, and with our players having firmly focussed their attention to the league I hope this is one of the strongest performances we give all season, whether we get a result or not. If our fans at least try and continue the support we gave on Sunday, that will also possibly very much spur us to the result a few of us are expecting to happen. We have no right to 'expect' a result, but even they will know we have the decent capability to get one.
 

Team vs Walsall

As GP200 said Douglas is the heartbeat of this team. He may lack the technical ability of the excellent Forshaw but when Douglas clicks the team click. IMHO would be madness to give him a breather. Yes we did beat Sheff Utd without him but the exception proves the rule.

I agree Douglas has had a terrific season, but we now have a big enough squad of quality to rest players for the odd game
Just my thoughts
 

Team vs Walsall

I agree Douglas has had a terrific season, but we now have a big enough squad of quality to rest players for the odd game
Just my thoughts

Dougie is a warhorse and one of those players who can do the 46 games without needing a rest. Unfortunately I can't go vs Walsall due to yet another domestic commitment. Shame cos I'm intrigued to see what Uwe does in terms of tactics and personnel. He has got a very wide range of options now. IMO back five will stay unchanged. Dougie, Forshaw, Clayton will play. Remaining three are the interesting choices and whether we go 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.The management seem to like Adeyemi so I think he'll play. Leaves two places between Harry, Trotta and BWP .
 

Team vs Walsall

Dougie is a warhorse and one of those players who can do the 46 games without needing a rest. Unfortunately I can't go vs Walsall due to yet another domestic commitment. Shame cos I'm intrigued to see what Uwe does in terms of tactics and personnel. He has got a very wide range of options now. IMO back five will stay unchanged. Dougie, Forshaw, Clayton will play. Remaining three are the interesting choices and whether we go 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.The management seem to like Adeyemi so I think he'll play. Leaves two places between Harry, Trotta and BWP .

Agree with your post beepopalula, think BWP with start life on the bench for no good reason other than he is new, and all new players seem to get introduced that way.
 

Team vs Walsall

Dougie is a warhorse and one of those players who can do the 46 games without needing a rest. Unfortunately I can't go vs Walsall due to yet another domestic commitment. Shame cos I'm intrigued to see what Uwe does in terms of tactics and personnel. He has got a very wide range of options now. IMO back five will stay unchanged. Dougie, Forshaw, Clayton will play. Remaining three are the interesting choices and whether we go 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.The management seem to like Adeyemi so I think he'll play. Leaves two places between Harry, Trotta and BWP .

Dougie would always be the first name on my teamsheet. Another interesting one is Liam Moore. I cant believe looking at his pedigree that he signed for us so he could sit on the bench. Uwe certainly has a problem regarding team selection but I would think that its one that he relishes.
 

Team vs Walsall

Agree with your post beepopalula, think BWP with start life on the bench for no good reason other than he is new, and all new players seem to get introduced that way.

Thing is, do you play Trotta and BWP from the start? IMO yes as they are real deal goalscorers. I wouldn't play Clayton up front as he prospers best in a wide position. We shall see.
 

Team vs Walsall

Thing is, do you play Trotta and BWP from the start? IMO yes as they are real deal goalscorers. I wouldn't play Clayton up front as he prospers best in a wide position. We shall see.

Was impressed with Clayton's defensive shift against Chelsea though I remain unconvinced that out wide is his best position, maybe as part of a 4-3-3 but we don't set up like that. Think it will be CD and one of the other two........
 

Team vs Walsall

Moore
Logan Dean Craig Bidwell
Forshaw Toumani Douglas Harry
Donaldson BWP

Lee. Hodson. Moore. Adeyemi. Sammy. Hayes. Trotta.
 

Team vs Walsall

You can bet whatever team/formation is selected at around 5.00pm on Saturday someone will have a moan!

We should have the GPG Sweepstake - time and moaner!!
 

Team vs Walsall

--------------------Moore-------------

Logan-------Dean------Craig----Bidwell

Forshaw---Douglas---Diagouraga--Forrester

--------Donaldson-----Wright Philips--------

Lee
Kearnan
Hodson
Saunders
Adayemi
Hayes
Trotta

Probably about right with Moore replacing the departed Kiernan.
Have to admit Harry not sure of a place on current form though IMHO :confused:
 

Team vs Walsall

Probably about right with Moore replacing the departed Kiernan.
Have to admit Harry not sure of a place on current form though IMHO :confused:

Harry has dipped in form it's true but Harry on a bad day is still our most creative player and a considerable goal threat. Appreciate Uwe's rationale for not starting him on Sunday for tactical reasons but cannot see a similar argument to exclude him on Saturday if he's fit.
 

Team vs Walsall

I can't see us playing Forrester, Donaldson, Trotta and BWP; even at home, I think that is one attacker too many, especially with Forshaw presumably one of what would be 2 in CM. I think it will either be Forshaw, Douglas, Adeyemi in MF3 with Donaldson, Forrester and BWP up front, or Forshaw and Donaldson wide, Douglas/Adeyemi central and BWP and Trotta up front
 

Team vs Walsall

Just going back over a lot of these teams... there are many squads invalid due to using 6 loan players....
 

Team vs Walsall

I can't see us playing Forrester, Donaldson, Trotta and BWP; even at home, I think that is one attacker too many, especially with Forshaw presumably one of what would be 2 in CM. I think it will either be Forshaw, Douglas, Adeyemi in MF3 with Donaldson, Forrester and BWP up front, or Forshaw and Donaldson wide, Douglas/Adeyemi central and BWP and Trotta up front

If you want to see how far we've come with the present management, look at the names and whether we could even have had this kind of discussion 18 months ago.:)
 

Team vs Walsall

Thing is, do you play Trotta and BWP from the start? IMO yes as they are real deal goalscorers. I wouldn't play Clayton up front as he prospers best in a wide position. We shall see.

I'd be amazed if he played both of them from the start, would I want him to, that's a different question but I can't see Uwe doing it?
Can we afford to have 2 strikers who both only come alive in and around the box, it would be a major change to try and adapt to that?
If it's 2 up top, then IMO it has to be Clayton and another, the another won't be Hayes, I still feel sorry for Hayes though.
 

Team vs Walsall

Just going back over a lot of these teams... there are many squads invalid due to using 6 loan players....
Good point. But which loanees would start for us?
Bidwell, BWP and Trotta i guess. So does that mean we could have 2 on the bench?
 
Back
Top Bottom