team vs Wolves away

Joined
10 Jul 2014
Messages
270
Reaction score
0

team vs Wolves away

A blip today, let's get back to winning ways at Molinuex on Sunday.

--------------Button-----------------

Odubajo --Tarkowski--Craig----Bidwell


--------------Douglas---------------

Jota-----Saunders---Diagouragia-Judge

---------------Gray----------------

Subs: Bonham, Dean, Toral, Pritchard, Dallas,Smith, Betinho
 

team vs Wolves away

Team For Wolves

Button

Bidwell
Tarky
Craig
Moses

Toral
Toums
Pritchard
Judge
Dallas

Andre
 

team vs Wolves away

Button

Odubajo Dean Tarky Bidwell

Dallas Toums Douglas Judge Toral

Gray

Subs.... Bonham, Craig, Pritchard, Jota, NP, Saunders, Nico
 

team vs Wolves away

Button
Moses
Tarky
Dean
Bidwell
Douglas
Dallas
Pritchard
Diagouraga
Judge
Gray

Subs: Bonham, Craig, Toral, Jota, Smith, Saunders

Can't believe I am leaving Jota out but feel this may not be his type of game. Dallas in and Tarky back for Craig.
 

team vs Wolves away

-------------------Button--------------------

--Odubajo --Tarkowski--Dean--Bidwell--

-----------------Diagouragia---------------

---Jota---Saunders---Douglas---Judge---

--------------------Gray--------------------

Subs: Bonham, Craig, Toral, Pritchard, Dallas,Smith, Betinh
 

team vs Wolves away

I think the fact that Jota played the 90 minutes suggests he isn't going to play on Sunday.
 

team vs Wolves away

Now they have dicko back, they will put 4 past us if we do that.

We lost today because of a team effort against us. Dicko is only one player, the rest of Wolves team do not match the team we played today. We can play through them on Sunday and win.
 

team vs Wolves away

Button
Odubajo Tarkowski Craig Bidwell
Douglas Diagouraga
Jota Toral Judge
Gray
 

team vs Wolves away

------------Button----------

Odubajo---Dean----Tarkowski----Bidwell

-----Douglas---Judge----Pritchard-----

-------Jota-----Gray-----Dallas
 

team vs Wolves away

Isn't Craig suspended after 5 yellows?

Therefore, Tarky and Harlee must be at the back.

No, see the yellow peril thread. The rules regarding bookings changed this season for the Championship, League's 1 & 2.
 

team vs Wolves away

Why are so many people choosing Craig over Dean? Craig was woeful today (although Dean not much better) and hasn't been at his best since the start of the season. I think giving the JT and HD partnership a go again could be the answer.
 

team vs Wolves away

tbh there's not much to choose between any of them. All 3 are on balance proving to be at championship standard most of the time but all prone to mistakes. Not sure any have premier league potential.
Whoever the manager selects is fine by me at the moment.
 

team vs Wolves away

Why are so many people choosing Craig over Dean? Craig was woeful today (although Dean not much better) and hasn't been at his best since the start of the season. I think giving the JT and HD partnership a go again could be the answer.

To answer your first point it's to wind Northamptonbee up,Craig "hasn't been at his best "bit you must be having a bobble he's been excellent most games the same goes for Dean.current form 7 wins in 9 let's all panic and slaughter the players.FFS
 

team vs Wolves away

Maybe we need to pick a back two in light of who we're playing, rather than always stick with the same two. Craig struggles against bigger forwards so maybe Tarks would have been a better choice.
 

team vs Wolves away

I would play Tarks for TC but I worry that he hasn't played for a while and will be up against a very strong Wolves front line. Fingers crossed! I can't say I will travel up feeling particularly optimistic
 

team vs Wolves away

Button

Odubajo
Dean
Tarkowski
Bidwell

Diagouraga
Douglas

Judge
Toral
Pritchard

Gray

The only other question mark is over whether to bring in Dallas and use his energy against a side who have less than 48 hours to recover from a tough game at Watford. If so I would move Judge back into a deeper role and replace probably Diagouraga
 

team vs Wolves away

Button

Odubajo
Dean
Tarkowski
Bidwell

Diagouraga
Douglas

Judge
Toral
Pritchard

Gray

The only other question mark is over whether to bring in Dallas and use his energy against a side who have less than 48 hours to recover from a tough game at Watford. If so I would move Judge back into a deeper role and replace probably Diagouraga

Would like to see Dallas's energy and directness but would probably replace Pritchard of the team you've suggested. Thought the latter was poor today. Will Dougie be fit? if not would bring Toral in and sit Toums as the defensive midfielder.
 

team vs Wolves away

Button
Odubajo, Tarks, Craig, Bidwell
Toums, Douglas
Jota, Judge, Dallas
Gray

We can give Dougie & Judge a rest in the Cup game. Jota to stay in, Jota can torment any side. Sam not yet, despite scoring 2 I dont think after seeing him yesterday he's ready for a League start yet, in for the Cup game next week. Tarks in for Harlee & back for the Cup with Craig missing out.
 

team vs Wolves away

Button
Moses Tarks Dean Bidwell
Dougie Toums
Dallas Judge Pritch
Gray

Wolves away with Dicko back and looking for revenge will be a power and energy game.
 

team vs Wolves away

Button

Odubajo Dean Tarky Bidwell

Dallas Toums Douglas Judge Toral

Gray

Subs.... Bonham, Craig, Pritchard, Jota, NP, Saunders, Nico

This, but Smith or Betinho on the bench instead of NP
 

team vs Wolves away

Button
Odubajo Tarkowski Dean Bidwell
Douglas Diagouraga
Jota Judge Pritchard
Gray

Subs: Bonham, Craig, Saunders, Toral, Dallas, Smith, Betinho.
 

team vs Wolves away

I think Sammy Saunders could be effective in the left forward berth - rather than relying on Bidwell to get forward.
Tricky one.
Tarks for Harlee.
Maybe Toral for Dougie (though look what happened at Cardiff in second half).
 

team vs Wolves away

Button

Odubajo Dean Tarky Bidwell

Dallas Toums Douglas Judge Toral

Gray

Subs.... Bonham, Craig, Pritchard, Jota, NP, Saunders, Nico

Toral on the left gives us absolutely nothing in my view. I can see an argument for playing him tomorrow but only in the middle. I am not sure that Pritchard deserves to dropped either. I am expecting a lot of pressing early on so would play Douglas a little deeper than normal, with Toral in front of him. I would unleash Jota second half, either once we have weathered the storm or to utilise the space if they are chasing the game

So that amounts to:

Button
Moses Dean Tarks Bidwell
Toumani Douglas
Judge Toral Pritchard
Gray
 

team vs Wolves away

Toral on the left gives us absolutely nothing in my view. I can see an argument for playing him tomorrow but only in the middle. I am not sure that Pritchard deserves to dropped either. I am expecting a lot of pressing early on so would play Douglas a little deeper than normal, with Toral in front of him. I would unleash Jota second half, either once we have weathered the storm or to utilise the space if they are chasing the game

So that amounts to:

Button
Moses Dean Tarks Bidwell
Toumani Douglas
Judge Toral Pritchard
Gray

I would be OK with this. I think i would perhaps prefer to play Douglas and Toral together with Dallas, Judge, and Pritchard in front. Give Toums a rest.

We have Toral and Dallas who can come in fresh and not impact on the quality of the team - let's use that.


Button

Odubajo Dean Tarky Bidwell

Toral Douglas

Dallas Judge Pritchard

Gray

Subs: Jota, Toumani, Saunders, Craig, Yennaris, Bonham, Proswich
 

team vs Wolves away

Why are so many people choosing Craig over Dean? Craig was woeful today (although Dean not much better) and hasn't been at his best since the start of the season. I think giving the JT and HD partnership a go again could be the answer.

I think we really missed Craig when he was suspended and then left out earlier in the season after his sending off against Brum. Would be a mistake to drop him after yesterday's display....in my opinion.
 

team vs Wolves away

Button
Odubajo Tarkowski Dean Bidwell
Douglas Diagouraga
Jota Judge Pritchard
Gray

Subs: Bonham, Craig, Saunders, Toral, Dallas, Smith, Betinho.

Yep looks good although maybe Harlee with JT on the bench ?
 

team vs Wolves away

I think we will play all three defensive MFs in Douglas, Toums and Toral
 

team vs Wolves away

I wonder if Craig will be dropped completely just to give him some proper rest, so he gets back to his best sooner.
 

team vs Wolves away

I wonder if Craig will be dropped completely just to give him some proper rest, so he gets back to his best sooner.

not dropped.....rested....It's a squad game so I understand :warbs:;)
 

team vs Wolves away

Button

Bidwell
Tarky
Craig
Moses

Toral
Toums
Pritchard
Judge
Dallas

Andre

Why no Dean? It was Craig who had the real out of sorts nightmare game. Dean was trying to scramble the ball over their line right at the end.Dean made a bad mistake, but Craig looked out of sorts throughout yesterday.

However, just might be that Warbs will stick with yesterday's starting line-up, on the basis that it was a below par collective team performance, rather than blaming any individuals. I would support that based on team morale, and the fact that collectively they all know they have to put in a real shift tomorrow, so they'll be up for it.
 
Last edited:

team vs Wolves away

Thought the subs were telling, Gray, Judge (MoM) & Douglas all rested, with the game already lost.

Warburton clearly made those subs with tomorrow in mind though loads sitting near me could not see that
 

team vs Wolves away

Button

Odubajo
Dean
Tarks
Bidwell

Toums
Dougie


Pritchard
Judgey
Jota

Gray

Assuming Dougie is ok and just had an off day rather than carrying a knock, if not Toral ready for a start again.
 

team vs Wolves away

This, but Smith or Betinho on the bench instead of NP

I don't care if Betinho has put on two stone and has a Class A drug problem; I'd play him ahead of NP. In Fact I'd play Craig up front first, given his ability to turn and speed off the mark on display yesterday.
 

team vs Wolves away

I wonder if Craig will be dropped completely just to give him some proper rest, so he gets back to his best sooner.

He was at his best as recently as Cardiff away!
 

team vs Wolves away

Why are so many people choosing Craig over Dean? Craig was woeful today (although Dean not much better) and hasn't been at his best since the start of the season. I think giving the JT and HD partnership a go again could be the answer.

No idea. Dean's been performing far better than Craig imo so I'd drop Craig and give Tarks his shot.
 
Back
Top Bottom