The Andy Scott Thread

The Andy Scott Thread

Be fair. We all made predictions last week before anyone knew anything of Bostick, Woycjek, and Van der Graf Generator arriving.

AH, but that prediction was before we got the new loan signings Marky.

I'm sorry but this is b***ocks. You were happy to criticise the manager but when he takes action you don't have the grace to admit that you were wrong. I bet you're secretly hoping that we lose the next two games so that you can come back and crow - and you will.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I'm sorry but this is b***ocks. You were happy to criticise the manager but when he takes action you don't have the grace to admit that you were wrong. I bet you're secretly hoping that we lose the next two games so that you can come back and crow - and you will.

unfortunatey Wayfarer cannot get to matches, so he just gets info from here and listening on Beesworld. Which isn;t enough to pass judgement on AS or any player/game IMO.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I'm sorry but this is b***ocks. You were happy to criticise the manager but when he takes action you don't have the grace to admit that you were wrong. I bet you're secretly hoping that we lose the next two games so that you can come back and crow - and you will.

Wrong about what? I want us to win every game. I am not sure Andy Scott has earned the right not to be criticised.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I struggle to see what all the fuss is about. Andy Scott is new in his job, and whether you are a football manager, accountant, brickie, airline pilot, or bus driver, you will make mistakes in the early days. The only issues are a/ is he so crap that he should be sacked at once - i personally dont think so, and b/ should he be replaced regardless of the answer to [a], and again, i dont think we are sinking so badly that we need to out him asap. Things have gone wrong and he has made some wrong decisions, but it's not that dire yet, surely?
 

The Andy Scott Thread

to cheer u all up, as if you dinn't realise, our next 10league games are as follows.


Home
Millwall
Walsall
Colchester
Leeds
Charlton
Southampton.
Might get 1 point from that lot against Walsall

AWAY
Wycombe
Tranmere
M K Dons
Gillingham

Should get at the least 2 points from them games.
Whitch gives us 3 points from the next 10 games. Of course I hope I'm totally wrong, but going on current form can anyone see any different?

1 point ahead of target already
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I hope he has a D on his hat and about 9 to hand out to his players today.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I struggle to see what all the fuss is about. Andy Scott is new in his job, and whether you are a football manager, accountant, brickie, airline pilot, or bus driver, you will make mistakes in the early days. The only issues are a/ is he so crap that he should be sacked at once - i personally dont think so, and b/ should he be replaced regardless of the answer to [a], and again, i dont think we are sinking so badly that we need to out him asap. Things have gone wrong and he has made some wrong decisions, but it's not that dire yet, surely?

Couple of points he is about a year into this job so the description "New" is I think misleading. I beleive he is an intelligent guy but somewhere along the way he seems to have started beleiving that he can do no wrong and that the failures have been due to players/weather/dugouts/squad strengths...delete as appropriate.

In reality I suggest that the style of play that he has continued from last season will not work in this division so he needs to reveiew this and then stop tinkering with the team, lets try and play a settled side for 4/5 games on the bounce with players playing in there chosen positions. Foster Wilson Pim Dickson being the defence ( appreciate Wilson out for 1 game) Saundres Kev Bean Bostock and Charlie Strevens.

If we play the ball to feet and keep the same team so they can get used to each other it may be that we will get out of the mess we are in, conversley if we continue with the existing style and continually change the team then I genuinley beleive that relegation will be likely and then quite frankly you can say that the Manager was not up to the task as he could not see the faults of the team style and selection that he determined.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I find it all rather sad to read the comments by regular and dedicated fans,especially on the game last night.Lack of fight,enthusiasm and determination seems to be the theme running through many of the reports.
This surely must be down to the manager.
Last Sunday, in the most appalling conditions, the under 15 team that my son plays for,took on the league leaders in a Cup tie. Last minute illnesses meant that we had to play the whole game with only 10 men,and we finished with 3 of them limping.
The oppposition were bigger,stronger and honestly better than we were.We kept them down to 1-0 in the first half.In the second half, facing a gale, our team stood fast like a band of brothers,fought and competed for every ball,even the walking wounded went limping after the ball.We launched our one and only attack in the last minute, equalised,held them in extra time and then went on to win the penalty shoot out.

If a team of 14 and 15 year olds can show this sort of determination,why cannot a team of professional footballers.

Get them motivated Mr Scott please.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I know of 2 very well known GPGers who have said enough is enough now for a while.:sad:
Well done Scotty, you're turning Brentford into a nightmare experience rather than a fun hobby.
 
Last edited:

The Andy Scott Thread

somthing needs to be done quick otherwise were soon be chatting about scott on the sackings thread! ok we now know how to lose and draw lets see some league wins mr scott!
 

The Andy Scott Thread

If we are out the cup come 5.30pm then the pressure will mount.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I don't expect us to be in the top six, or even ten, but recent performances have given cause for concern. There is an over-reliance on loan players whilst players who are capable of performing at this level are not getting a look-in.
I can tolerate losing games but I will not accept performances where the players either seem clueless as to what is expected of them or don't put the effort in. I do not involve myself closely with the club and do not speak to players etc. so I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but somebody needs to get a grip and if the present manager and coaches can't address this then :wave:
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Wasnt there so cant comment on the game.People speak of lack of effort.I watched Stoke V Pompey the other day.Pompey were all over Stoke,but got unlucky and lost 1-0.Now they do not have a manager but at least their players looked like they cared and were giving their all.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I don't expect us to be in the top six, or even ten, but recent performances have given cause for concern. There is an over-reliance on loan players whilst players who are capable of performing at this level are not getting a look-in.
I can tolerate losing games but I will not accept performances where the players either seem clueless as to what is expected of them or don't put the effort in.

Last night there was a right back playing at left back, a central defender playing at right back and an 'attacking midfielder' playing on the right wing. Then when Charlie went off he was replaced by someone that had been with the club for approximately 20 minutes. This may go some way to explaining why the team look a little lost at the moment. They haven't got a clue who is who or where they're supposed to be.

Just a thought
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I have read on other threads here AS believes the position of our dugout may be the cause of our home feebleness, And also weather conditions were a factor in a display of fantasy hoofball at fellow barrel scrapers Wycombe. So no cause for alarm just yet then.
I will be on the look out for other such favourites as, Mum forgot to set my alarm.And I
couldn't find my oyster card. hiding behind excuses can be excused up to a limit, but is starting to make him appear pathetic in my eyes, TAXI for scott?
 

The Andy Scott Thread

We're in a relegation fight...and if continues his cautious style of play, we're only heading in one direction...DOWN!
 

The Andy Scott Thread

What worries me is that despite changes that have been made which are 'in tune' with what's being cried out for on this site, results have not improved.

Examples:
-Replace Hunt with Bean
-Drop Bennett
-Partner Strevens with Mac
-Get new midfielder (Bostock)
-Bring in new keeper

All that said, I do think AS deserves time and support. That said this support must not be indefinite regardless of results. This is exactly what we gave to Holder in 92/93 and looked what happened. Who what might have been if we'd have replaced him around Feb/March?
 

The Andy Scott Thread

What worries me is that despite changes that have been made which are 'in tune' with what's being cried out for on this site, results have not improved.

Examples:
-Replace Hunt with Bean
-Drop Bennett
-Partner Strevens with Mac
-Get new midfielder (Bostock)
-Bring in new keeper

All that said, I do think AS deserves time and support. That said this support must not be indefinite regardless of results. This is exactly what we gave to Holder in 92/93 and looked what happened. Who what might have been if we'd have replaced him around Feb/March?


think we may need a "Great Escape".............anyone got MadDogs mobile number :D
 

The Andy Scott Thread

"Am I alone in taking a dislike to Andy Scott
Having watched his teams a few times now I just find them a moaning, cheating bunch with any skill carefully removed"

A Wycombe view. Not just me then.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

"Am I alone in taking a dislike to Andy Scott
Having watched his teams a few times now I just find them a moaning, cheating bunch with any skill carefully removed"

A Wycombe view. Not just me then.

The bloke's got a f***ing cheek as far as I'm concerned, ignoring his third observation, which is most certainly up for debate at the moment. Everything else aside, they were dealt one of the most generous hands I've ever seen by the little toss pot in pink last night.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

The bloke's got a f***ing cheek as far as I'm concerned, ignoring his third observation, which is most certainly up for debate at the moment. Everything else aside, they were dealt one of the most generous hands I've ever seen by the little toss pot in pink last night.

Andy wasn't wearing pink last night.;)

The fans and team turned into a moaning bunch of nutters last night, we all did and it's all out frustration. Every player was getting called names at certain points during the game as Brentford put on another rank show and the club became looney tunes again. I see his point, we had nothing so we moaned at the ref all night, he gave us some stupid decisions but not as an important stupid one that he gave them.
I still believe it was handball at the end and we should have had a pen but maybe my rose tinted specs and the veins in my neck sticking out demanded it.
We must have looked a right club full of waankers last night in the home team's eyes.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I was hoping for a top of the bottom half of the league finish this season. Still think we can do it but we must get the ball down and play.
I'm sure we will start winning a few soon and move on up.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

The problem last night is not difficult to pinpoint - we had the wrong personnel on the ptich for the type of game we play. We press high up the field, attacking down the flanks with wingers and overlapping full-backs, relying on two mainly holding midfielders to win the ball, get it wide and track back to cover the full-backs. This system of play explains why AS bought three wingers in the summer. When it works well we look a good team (Millwall and at times against Charlton for example). Last night's team included our least effective (this season) winger (Wood) and two winger/full-back combinations that had hardly ever played together. It is not surprising we were bad. To the extent that AS was responsible for this team he was culpable but it seems his hand was largely forced. What we need now is a settled period of team selection with Dickson/Weston (Bostock until MW is fit) on the left and Foster/Bostock (Taylor until MW is fit) on the right. Changing the midfield is not the answer because it would mean changing the whole way of playing which would be disastrous right now. We also need a plan B when this method isn't working or for occasions like last night when the personnel aren't available. The easiest and probably best option (though I know it won't be popular) in those circumstances is to put Strevens and Cort on together, hit it long and encourage the wingers to pick up the knock-downs.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Its a long season and were only in November and were above the relegation zone so no need to panic, one more win and Im sure we will hear the promotion song again from ealing road lol
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I don't expect us to be in the top six, or even ten, but recent performances have given cause for concern. There is an over-reliance on loan players whilst players who are capable of performing at this level are not getting a look-in.
I can tolerate losing games but I will not accept performances where the players either seem clueless as to what is expected of them or don't put the effort in. I do not involve myself closely with the club and do not speak to players etc. so I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but somebody needs to get a grip and if the present manager and coaches can't address this then :wave:

Agreed.If you take out the rather fortunate win vs Southend, we have a dire record. AS has assembled a reasonably good squad now on paper but they aren't performing and he doesn't seem able to get a performance out of them. Football is a hard profession. If we are in the bottom four by mid December, sorry but it should be goodbye. AS is up against better players and better managers now and he is being found out.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Its a long season and were only in November and were above the relegation zone so no need to panic, one more win and Im sure we will hear the promotion song again from ealing road lol

You're having a laugh, right?
Head. Sand. Buried.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Every player was getting called names at certain points during the game /QUOTE]

That'll help

I don't agree with it and try my hardest to keep it in but Brooker pushed me too far but I can understand why it happens. There was anger from the away end last night, you want to turn around and tell them to shut it but it goes in one ear and out of the other with me most of the time, anyway they can say what they like, they paid their money.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Loyal supporters? Pah!! :rolleyes:

Questioning the loyalty of people who have missed maybe 10 games in the last 5 years is not quite right, trips to Yeovil, Exeter and Wycombe have pushed people too far.
It's not a loyality thing but whole days out watching this sh*t perform is pointless at the moment.
 
Last edited:

The Andy Scott Thread

Questioning the loyalty of people who have miseed maybe 10 games in the last 5 years is not quite right, trips to Yeovil, Exeter and Wycombe have pushed people too far.
It's not a loyality thing but whole days out watching this sh*t perform is pointless at the moment.

:imwith:

People do start to think that it is waste of time and money, especially when on a limited budget.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Why did he buy Taylor and Saunders and not play them? He obviously doesnt rate them now we got them.
Why did he get Price on loan?
Why did he get Kabba in?
So many mistakes.
Cant see him turning this around I am afraid
 

The Andy Scott Thread

You're having a laugh, right?
Head. Sand. Buried.

But he is right though.
It IS November.
We ARE above the drop zone.
There is no sense in panic.
Despite the loss last night we have a stronger team now than at the start of the season. Give them some time to play together and the points will come.
We could well have come away with an undeserved point last night and 90 % of the panic monkeys would have been happy. FACT
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Give them some time to play together and the points will come.

Not if the confidence gets torn to shreds. Not if they are being played out of position on a regular basis. Not if they lose faith in the manager.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

And another thing: even Tranmere have started winning games. Apart from Stockport, I can't think of another team in this division that we look like beating.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

this will sound bad especially after how loyal i feel i have been in the past 25 years but the style we play, the results were getting, how bad the credit crunch has hit me,ive really been put off going to the bees at the mo and i feel guilty for thinking like this but for example i stayed at home for the last home game against walsall and for the first time ever it didnt bother me in the slightest. i even found the replay boring even though we scored a few. the only reason il be around this weekend is beacuse i wanna catch up with my mates i havent seen since leyton away.

Cmon andy sort it out and lets get that feel good factor back!
 

The Andy Scott Thread

Not if the confidence gets torn to shreds. Not if they are being played out of position on a regular basis. Not if they lose faith in the manager.

So lets hope the above dont happen then.
Is it not an insult to the players to say they cant adapt to slightly different positions ? A lot of complainants of andy's positional selections (who pop up on here when we lose) over complicate the game.
As long as they can run, pass jump and think - they can play anywhere.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

This is my post from the Wycombe match report. Think its relevant.

Here are the bare facts:

Played 18 won 4
Scored 5 away from home, 3 of them come on the first day of the season.
We get brushed aside last night by a team who lost 6-0 only 2 weeks ago.
We go to Gateshead and by all acounts get outplayed, fortunate to get a replay.
Consistantly disgraceful away from home. Yeovil, Exeter last night, all Leroyesque.
Not winning away and not making the most of home games. Brighton, Oldham, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Walsall. On paper you'd expect to pick up atleast 3 points against one of them teams at home we haven't.
Andy Scotts arrogance, lack of tactical awareness, press handling. Why does he persist on a losing formula?..He surely must of known after a month of the season we were short in the middle of midfield. But hasn't made a signing. He plays players out of position far too regularly. His plan "B" is always in-effective. Press conferences, NEVER takes responsibility, always down to players, has even gone as far as criticising individual players. Thats great man management. The players must be delighted to see that on Sunday morning.

Nobody else is saying it but I think AS should go. I'm not being a ****, I just dont want us to go down. You look at our upcoming fixtures. Under the current helm/mentality I honestly cant see us getting 3 points untill January 16th. Where is that gonna leave us in the league. We need an injection of something...And not just LOAN signings this time, which is quite clearly not the answer this season.

Someone on a previous page played down the fact that AS has lost the dressing room. Are you sure?...Did Exeter, Yeovil and last night honestly look like a set of players that were willing to give blood, sweat and tears for their manager?..Hardly.

There is something seriously wrong at the moment.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

But he is right though.
It IS November.
We ARE above the drop zone.
There is no sense in panic.
Despite the loss last night we have a stronger team now than at the start of the season. Give them some time to play together and the points will come.
We could well have come away with an undeserved point last night and 90 % of the panic monkeys would have been happy. FACT

the truth.

People saying its not worth going, following a team doesn't work like that.

Success is moving from one faliure to another without losing motivation. :cool:
 

The Andy Scott Thread

the truth.

People saying its not worth going, following a team doesn't work like that.

Success is moving from one faliure to another without losing motivation. :cool:

Blimey, its Logan the Philosopher :D
 

The Andy Scott Thread

I might not go Saturday, because the players don't listen, the dug outs need moving and it may well be a bit windy.
 

The Andy Scott Thread

As long as they can run, pass jump and think - they can play anywhere.



......................to paraphrase Meatloaf "One or Two Out Of Four Ain't Bad".....................the problem areas being passing and thinking...........
 
Back
Top Bottom