The Bitter End

JonnieGee

INVALID EMAIL
Joined
31 Dec 2000
Messages
682
Reaction score
0
Location
Bishop's Stortford, Herts

The Bitter End

Now I have recovered slightly from the disappointment of Sunday, and can think a little more objectively, I have read the various threads on the board. I have to say I agree with the various points raised and so there is no value in repeating them.

One point that has not been made:

Was the large number of Bees fans who failed to stay to see the players off the pitch – ignoring the fact it would have been a sporting gesture to acknowledge the worthy winners. Of course the management and most of the players let the Club down on the day (as did a number of fans in the minutes “silence”) with a poor performance. It has however been generally recognised on this board that some of the players played well and what about all the players efforts for getting to the final? Does that not deserve some applause? What ever happened to the idea that we win and loose together?
 

The Bitter End

bollox, i was gutted, i take no pleasure in seeing vale flags waving about, or medals and the trophy being presented, it was bad enough seeing the picture the next day in the current bun
i clapped the players as i was walking out for their "effort" but they recieved plenty of applause from bees for getting to cardiff at the two southend games
 

The Bitter End

Quite frankly I was with my fiancee and future in laws, non of which are big football fans, and they were brought along to bolster the support!
They were not entertained by our beloved team and were also soaked to the skin. After waiting 20 mins in the pouring rain for the bus, then walking 20 mins in pouring rain trying to find the ground without any directions to follow, they were desperate to get back to the coach before the rush to avoid another soaking. As it turned out the bus was in a different place to where we were told to wait so we probably , luckily, saved ourselves a good 30 minutes soaking. They even spent 20 mins trying to get a cuppa at half time to relieve the pain but gave up on that too.
All in all, a piss poor outing, a long , wet , painful way to see a game. I wouldn't mind if the team had put up a performance to warrant the aggravation but they were piss poor all round and the manasger made it worse by doing nothing to stop it!!!

Leaving at full time was the best thing we did all day!!!
 

The Bitter End

Understand what you're saying JG and you are right.

I left at the final whistle. The reason? I was their in 85 when Wigan won and watched them (Wigan)parade the cup. I was their when Crewe slaughtered us 1-0 in the play-offs, and here we were again playing crap in what was for us a major final. I just couldnt bring myself to applaud - I was gutted!!

Apart from that I had a 2 mile walk back to the hotel to get to the car and wanted out of Cardiff bloody quick!

No excuse really but at the time it seemed right - we all handle disappointments diferently!
 

The Bitter End

so we walked away - what of it? Could have been worse, could have stayed and booed, or just smashed the place up out of frustration. Walking away was probably the right thing to do. Credit to those who stayed - but everyones built differently.
 

The Bitter End

I applauded both sets of players AS I left the stadium....much in the same way the players applaud fans as they leave the field after a defeat.We had a long journey home and work the next day unlike the players.Defeat is hard to take for all fans but I thought Bees fans handled it quite well.
 

The Bitter End

I stayed to watch the Bees get their medals but left as Port Vale were going to collect theirs.
I couldn't stand to watch them lift it or parade it because it was so close to being ours. (Evan though we didn't deserve it!!)
 

The Bitter End

I stayed to the very end because I believe that the players did try their hardest, but it simply wasn't enough. I appreciated their efforts, but was more than disappointed at the way they played. Therefore, it was only right to applaud them off, and show that I still support Brentford.

This is not a slur against anyone who went early.
 

The Bitter End

I only stayed cause my Dad did but I did not apploaud because the club let us down, the performance was not one merited for the travel and support they got and quite frankly I was mad with fury. As for watching Vale pick up and parade the trophy nothing could be more like rubbing sh*t in your face. It's sickening because as with 97 its a case of 'look what you could have won (if you wern't so sh*t)'
 

The Bitter End

I stayed right until the end half of the bees didn't thank us and even the Port Vale team didn't once aknowledge us.Sunday Bloody Sunday.
 

The Bitter End

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ruv u:
I stayed right until the end half of the bees didn't thank us and even the Port Vale team didn't once aknowledge us.</font>

well said
mad.gif


i stayed to the end, partly cos i wanted to applaud the efforts, but then again i did have to stay to watch the Orient match afterwards anyway... a little disappointed by how few there were at the end, but understand their reasons
frown.gif
 

The Bitter End

well i argree with you all by leaving at the end because i did awell there was not point watching the team get the medal as it was a long jornary home after losing
 
Back
Top Bottom