The Ignore Function

Mikey Bee

Not entirely serious
Joined
12 Apr 2000
Messages
5,614
Reaction score
6,153
Location
Ruislip

The Ignore Function

What exactly does the "Ignore" function do?

I probably should know this but I've only ever done it once despite disagreeing with a lot...and I mean a LOT...of people on here but I felt forced to do it because they were an energy vampire that sucked my joie de vivre.

Does the person I've ignored know that I've done that?
Do I still get to see threads that they've started but I don't see their subsequent responses?

How does it work?
 

The Ignore Function

No, they don't know. I think you will see a thread started by someone you ignore but not that person's subsequent posts. Note though that you will always see where they have been quoted unless you have also ignored the quoter.
 

The Ignore Function

Does the person I've ignored know that I've done that?
No

Do I still get to see threads that they've started but I don't see their subsequent responses?
You won’t see a thread started by someone you ignore

How does it work?
All posts by the person you ignore will not appear in threads unless you choose to ‘show ignored content‘

The person you ignore can still see your posts

If someone replies to someone you ignore, you will see the reply but not the original post unless you choose to show it

You can see everything you ignore from within your profile
 

The Ignore Function

No


You won’t see a thread started by someone you ignore


All posts by the person you ignore will not appear in threads unless you choose to ‘show ignored content‘

The person you ignore can still see your posts

If someone replies to someone you ignore, you will see the reply but not the original post unless you choose to show it

You can see everything you ignore from within your profile
Are you sure you don't see new threads? Not sure how that works when non ignored posters start posting.

Not an expert as admin can't ignore posters. ?
 

The Ignore Function

Are you sure you don't see new threads? Not sure how that works when non ignored posters start posting.

Not an expert as admin can't ignore posters. ?
Not sure about new threads. But if someone you are ignoring is the only new poster in a thread. You still see the thread shows up in new posts but it says by ignored member or likewise.

Also don't worry Minky. I'm putting all Ghoddos threads on ignore and don't start many!!
 

The Ignore Function

No


You won’t see a thread started by someone you ignore


All posts by the person you ignore will not appear in threads unless you choose to ‘show ignored content‘

The person you ignore can still see your posts

If someone replies to someone you ignore, you will see the reply but not the original post unless you choose to show it

You can see everything you ignore from within your profile

Hmmm...Interesting.

Maybe I need to find someone to ignore and test your hypotheses. If only there were someone I could choose....
 

The Ignore Function

Not sure about new threads. But if someone you are ignoring is the only new poster in a thread. You still see the thread shows up in new posts but it says by ignored member or likewise.

Also don't worry Minky. I'm putting all Ghoddos threads on ignore and don't start many!!
Thx, that makes sense.
 

The Ignore Function

Are you sure you don't see new threads? Not sure how that works when non ignored posters start posting.

Not an expert as admin can't ignore posters. ?
You don't see threads started by ignored posters.
If non-ignored posters post on it, you won't see it.
 

The Ignore Function

Are you sure you don't see new threads? Not sure how that works when non ignored posters start posting.
I don’t see any part of a thread where the OP is on ignore.

Only discovered this when I was looking at the posts of someone I had on ignore and found an entire thread they’d started and I couldn’t see any of it. When I clicked on the thread it started at post number 2.
 

The Ignore Function

I have never intentionally put anybody on ignore, but quite often I see on a post, somebody being quoted and it says that I can’t see it because I’m ignoring them.
Is it easy to do by accident?
 

The Ignore Function

You don't see threads started by ignored posters.
If non-ignored posters post on it, you won't see it.

Yeah. I've just checked that too but I didn't want to reveal that the thread I tested was the "Team vs palace" in 'Brentford First Team Matches' in case I identified the person I just ignored.

:oops:
 

The Ignore Function

It's a shame that you can't see threads started by ignored users but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
 

The Ignore Function

Is it easy to do by accident?
It is actually. When you. tap on someone’s name, the ‘ignore’ and ‘follow’ buttons are next to each other. When on mobile, I’ve often found myself unintentionally following or ignoring someone!
 

The Ignore Function

OK, but I ignored someone because I didn't want to see any threads they created so don't change in haste, please.

I'm curious. Why would you want to ignore threads they created? Surely if they create a thread you don't want to see, you simply ignore the thread? If you don't want to see anything they post, then just ignore them.
 

The Ignore Function

What exactly does the "Ignore" function do?

I probably should know this but I've only ever done it once despite disagreeing with a lot...and I mean a LOT...of people on here but I felt forced to do it because they were an energy vampire that sucked my joie de vivre.

Does the person I've ignored know that I've done that?
Do I still get to see threads that they've started but I don't see their subsequent responses?

How does it work?
Don’t know as your on my ignore list ??
 

The Ignore Function

I'm curious. Why would you want to ignore threads they created? Surely if they create a thread you don't want to see, you simply ignore the thread? If you don't want to see anything they post, then just ignore them.
I see a new thread (or an old one comes up), I say FFS, another bloody thread from x, and my mental health declines.
All solved by a blanket ignoring.
 

The Ignore Function

I see a new thread (or an old one comes up), I say FFS, another bloody thread from x, and my mental health declines.
All solved by a blanket ignoring.

I hear you. However if someone on my ignore list were to start a thread "Team vs palace" in 'Brentford First Team Matches', for example, and I couldn't read the subsequent replies, I would be a bit disappointed that I've missed out on wholesome GPG content.

Not that I have. Obviously.
 

The Ignore Function

I hear you. However if someone on my ignore list were to start a thread "Team vs palace" in 'Brentford First Team Matches', for example, and I couldn't read the subsequent replies, I would be a bit disappointed that I've missed out on wholesome GPG content.

Not that I have. Obviously.
I think you can unignore the thread without ignoring the user.

Edit - has someone said that already?
 

The Ignore Function

I’m seeing ignored threads in the main feed.

Some threads I’ve set to ignore (e.g. Wordle) are now showing in the new-posts list

When I open that thread the ignore button shows as “Unignore”.

Screenshot 2025-10-18 at 08.23.29.png
 

The Ignore Function

Got 36 people on my ignore list, mainly bed-wetting ****s. Looking for more to ignore too. PM me if you hate KA/think we’re going to get relegated/you applauded Saka/don’t like the seat colours/think we shouldn’t sing “let him die”.

No time wasters please.
 

The Ignore Function

Got 36 people on my ignore list, mainly bed-wetting ****s. Looking for more to ignore too. PM me if you hate KA/think we’re going to get relegated/you applauded Saka/don’t like the seat colours/think we shouldn’t sing “let him die”.

No time wasters please.

I not only wet the bed I crap it
Can’t wait to clap wissa
Expect to be down by Easter with that clown in charge
Don’t think we should ever say bad words about the opposition


:sueme:
 

The Ignore Function

Got 36 people on my ignore list, mainly bed-wetting ****s. Looking for more to ignore too. PM me if you hate KA/think we’re going to get relegated/you applauded Saka/don’t like the seat colours/think we shouldn’t sing “let him die”.

No time wasters please.
So singing along to 'You'll never walk alone' is okay? Noted!
 

The Ignore Function

I’m seeing ignored threads in the main feed.

Some threads I’ve set to ignore (e.g. Wordle) are now showing in the new-posts list

When I open that thread the ignore button shows as “Unignore”.

View attachment 60687
Think this is likely to be a PEBKAC error.
 

The Ignore Function

Got 36 people on my ignore list, mainly bed-wetting ****s. Looking for more to ignore too. PM me if you hate KA/think we’re going to get relegated/you applauded Saka/don’t like the seat colours/think we shouldn’t sing “let him die”.

No time wasters please.
Just wondering did I make the 36?
 

The Ignore Function

Is it not possible to block someone so that you do not see anything these post,rather then just ignore them?

You still see that they have posted,just can't see the content.
 

The Ignore Function

Whatever happened to @beesupfulhamdown!
Joined in June this year and posted literally hundreds of times in a short period and not been seen since 10th October... :LOL:
 

The Ignore Function

Don't think it would take much guessing to work this one out.
Of course - but showed his age as 31 which obviously should have been 11..... :ROFLMAO:
I enjoyed winding him up.... :ROFLMAO:
 

The Ignore Function

Whatever happened to @beesupfulhamdown!
Joined in June this year and posted literally hundreds of times in a short period and not been seen since 10th October... :LOL:
His phone had a melt down and he is waiting for Christmas for Santa to bring him a new one.
Meanwhile, he is using "Elf on the shelf" to play back great situations opposition teams had against us to make himself feel warm and fuzzy.
 

The Ignore Function

Whatever happened to @beesupfulhamdown!
Joined in June this year and posted literally hundreds of times in a short period and not been seen since 10th October... :LOL:
Good point always enjoyed his posting and enjoyed people having a hissy fit about him posting even more
 
Back
Top Bottom