The Michael Owen thread

The Michael Owen thread

Scored again today. Anyone noticed that he has this habit of scoring pretty much every time he plays a game of football? If I was Arsenal, or any other club with a big squad, I'd bite his hand off. The ultimate "fox in the box" that Francis Jeffers never became.
 

The Michael Owen thread

His goalscoring record at Newcastle is actually ridiculously good, 29 goals in 51 appearnces and he's been half fit most of the time in a side that have struggled for the past three years.

Still England's best goalscorer, Kinnear says he won't be sold in January but I think it'll be hard to keep him. If I was Arsene Wenger or Rafael Benitez I would definitely be considering a bid.
 

The Michael Owen thread

I would'nt be surprised if Redknapp put's in a bid for him to be honest.
 

The Michael Owen thread

Fair shout. Not sure he'd come down South for Tottenham though. Everton would be my bet.

Not a man to play up front on his own IMHO.

He'll still break England's scoring record.

World Cup quarter final you need a goal, is there anyone else in the country you'd want to bring on?
 

The Michael Owen thread

I would'nt be surprised if Redknapp put's in a bid for him to be honest.

Harry likes 4-5-1 too much, Owen can only play in a 4-4-2 formation. Everton most likely destination...its near his stables.
 

The Michael Owen thread

World Cup quarter final you need a goal, is there anyone else in the country you'd want to bring on?

:no: Not Defoe, that's for certain. He's got to convince Capello first though - the recent run must help.
 

The Michael Owen thread

Harry likes 4-5-1 too much, Owen can only play in a 4-4-2 formation. Everton most likely destination...its near his stables.

How would that go down with the toffee's though,being an ex red :eek:
 

The Michael Owen thread

Mickey Quinn on Talksport says he travels by his helicopter from his Cheshire home to the training ground and doesn't want to up root at all, Spurs is a no no but Everton could happen. I reckon Liverpool will have a go after getting Fowler last time
 

The Michael Owen thread

What about Manchester United coming in for him in the same way the did with Henrikk Larsson a couple of seasons ago? Pick him up on the cheap in January, with Rooney possibly facing a European ban if anything comes from the stamping incident?
 

The Michael Owen thread

I think Ashley will have realised it's more important they stay up and he leaves for nothing rather than collect £5 million quid next month and risk going down. Can you imagine Viduka going for that 50/50 for Owen's goal? Give him games and he will score.
 

The Michael Owen thread

I think Ashley will have realised it's more important they stay up and he leaves for nothing rather than collect £5 million quid next month and risk going down. Can you imagine Viduka going for that 50/50 for Owen's goal? Give him games and he will score.

Agree, they would be mad to let him go for a few million when survival in the PL could be everything including a decent price for Ashley.

My guess is Owen does not see himself playing into his mid/ late thirties and is the type to retire earlier and concentrate on his horses. He has one more move in him.
 

The Michael Owen thread

he really has ruined his career in the last 5 years, barely played in 3 years at newcastle and barely played in Madrid either....he may have made loads of money and still scored a few goals but hes wasted it in my opinion
 

The Michael Owen thread

How would that go down with the toffee's though,being an ex red :eek:

From memory, both Owen & Gerrard are from families of Everton supporters and both were blues as kids, but were picked up by Liverpool when Everton showed no interest.
Beardsley, Barmby in recent years have played for both too without much problem.
 

The Michael Owen thread

The Michael Owen thread

Was shockingly poor last night verus Boro'. Sadly a spent force.
 

The Michael Owen thread

Will there be any team in the top division willing to take a chance on him next season I wonder? Or will he take up an option at Newcastle if no-one comes in for him?
 

The Michael Owen thread

surely Spurs, Villa or Everton will take him..
 

The Michael Owen thread

Was shockingly poor last night verus Boro'. Sadly a spent force.

I don't think he's finished but he has been poor for Newcastle for the last six months.
Seems to be short of confidence as much as anything but his movement is lacking and he no longer has the pace or acceleration to get into the best positions.

I think he can go elsewhere, find a new partner and come again as a decent striker. Not sure he'll ever play for England again though.
 

The Michael Owen thread

Did anyone see him talking to Andy Scott... we're close to Kempton Park and Sandown Park, Michael!
 

The Michael Owen thread

If he played for United or Arsenal he would get 20 goals. Newcastle's midfield is shocking, Nicky Butt apart.
 

The Michael Owen thread

Out for the rest of the season according to the radio today
 

The Michael Owen thread

Really bad news for him if true. I wonder how long he'll continue like this.
 

The Michael Owen thread

The “slight” glimmer of a world cup place has now gone
 

The Michael Owen thread

Out for the rest of the season according to the radio today

:eek: Makes a change for Alex Ferguson blaming the Wembley pitch for this rather than the ref! ;)

Michael Owen on one leg is more mobile and useful than that cart horse Heskey Mr Capello! :wave:
 

The Michael Owen thread

................the end is near................
 

The Michael Owen thread

I'm gutted for England, nothing else;)
I feel sorry for him because he's been so unlucky with injuries but I don't think he would have gone to the world cup. I've always said the 4 strikers should be Rooney, Crouch, Defoe and Heskey, although if Owen got a decent run he could put alot of pressure on Crouch.
 

The Michael Owen thread

although if Owen got a decent run he could put alot of pressure on Crouch.

Would need a really good jump at the end of it I would imagine.
 

The Michael Owen thread

lol
 

The Michael Owen thread

I htink Owens day are numbered now. Especially in top flight football.
 

The Michael Owen thread

a shame for him. he could've been one of the greats, but his body let him down :sad:
 

The Michael Owen thread

I htink Owens day are numbered now. Especially in top flight football.

lol he's got a 2 year deal at Manure, he can pick any club in the Premiership for the next 3 to 4 years easy:rolleyes:
 

The Michael Owen thread

lol he's got a 2 year deal at Manure, he can pick any club in the Premiership for the next 3 to 4 years easy:rolleyes:

I think it is pay as you play.
 

The Michael Owen thread

I think it is pay as you play.

he's been injured alot in the past 4 years, but he is still a class striker:wave:
 

The Michael Owen thread

Normally i would have been gutted , but seeing as i had a bet that he would score less than 15 league goals this season - at £50 per goal less than 15:bound::beer:
 

The Michael Owen thread

well, let's put it like this - he got a lot closer to achieving it than you did ;)
 

The Michael Owen thread

I feel sorry for him because he's been so unlucky with injuries but I don't think he would have gone to the world cup. I've always said the 4 strikers should be Rooney, Crouch, Defoe and Heskey, although if Owen got a decent run he could put alot of pressure on Crouch.

Purely hypothetical now but I would have given a place to owen. His games to goals record this season again stands up to most even though he is only used sparingly.

If Wes Brown is the best right back we have after johnson then we are srewed anyway, you may as well lose 1 underperforming midfielder and take a renowned goal scorer who has a talent of scoring big goals in big games.
 

The Michael Owen thread

The guy has been a crock for years he'd pull a hamstring on a deep pile carpet
he's had too many years on the treatment table filling his bank balance and accuring a racing stable. Ask any Geordie 4 years at st james bleeding them white. Greedy scouse c*** IMO
 
Back
Top Bottom