THE RUN-IN

Banana

Admin
Joined
7 Apr 2000
Messages
120,430
Reaction score
85,003
Location
London

THE RUN-IN

OK. It's time. Let's make no bones about it. The task is ON. The RUN-IN thread is OPEN

We have a run-in that doesn't scare us (and, yes, it includes Manchester United)

The team will need 100% backing from us

Man United (H)
Ipswich (A)
Fulham (H)
Wolves (A)

Is there ANYONE that doesn't believe we can get 12 points from those 4 fixtures if we turn up and get behind the team for every fixture?

Let's make this happen!
 

THE RUN-IN

Feels great to have a chance like this. I wonder, are there any scenarios in which 8th does NOT go to Europe? What are the potential outcomes for this season? Would be a shame for this team to battle up to 8th and then not get European competition
 

THE RUN-IN

Feels great to have a chance like this. I wonder, are there any scenarios in which 8th does NOT go to Europe? What are the potential outcomes for this season? Would be a shame for this team to battle up to 8th and then not get European competition
Think if Palace win the FA cup final, that’s what Thomas suggested anyway.
 

THE RUN-IN

Feels great to have a chance like this. I wonder, are there any scenarios in which 8th does NOT go to Europe? What are the potential outcomes for this season? Would be a shame for this team to battle up to 8th and then not get European competition
We've done this so many times in so many thread. Palace winning the FA Cup would be disappointing. So let's just concentrate on the positive vibes to finish 8th.

Thank you.
 

THE RUN-IN

13 ?

Can’t get 11 either to be fair
 

THE RUN-IN

IMO it all comes down to Bees vs River Rats

Rest of the games ought to be very much winnable (depending, of cause of which ManUtd shows up ... the mythical beast that actually cares about playing football, or the one usually seen)

going to say 10 points
 

THE RUN-IN

Shades of 1992 run in here. Win the last 6 games.

And they are all very winnable on paper. Easiest run in of the 4 teams. Man U will play the kids and Ipswich should be a gimme. We will be really up for Fulham. Wolves is ironically the toughest game as they are bang in form.

12 points will definitely do it. 10 may be enough.
 

THE RUN-IN

Form says we should coast past Ipswich away but could be a potential banana skin if we are not completely on it. I am sure we shall raise our game for Manu, Fulham and Wolves.
 

THE RUN-IN

Shades of 1992 run in here. Win the last 6 games.
Yesterday was our second of a potential six consecutive wins. It was an away win, up north, with a clean sheet.

In 1992, our second of the six wins was an away win, up north, with a clean sheet.

This year, the penultimate of the 6 games (and last home game) is at home to Fulham. On a Sunday.

In 1992, the penultimate of the six games (and last home game) was a home win against Fulham. On a Sunday.

It’s all aligning…
 

THE RUN-IN

Yesterday was our second of six potential consecutive wins. It was an away win, up north, with a clean sheet.

In 1992, our second of the six wins was an away win, up north, with a clean sheet.

This year, the penultimate of the 6 games (and last home game) is at home to Fulham. On a Sunday.

In 1992, the penultimate of the six games (and last home game) was a home win against Fulham. On a Sunday.

It’s all aligning…
Against Fulham on that Sunday we scored 4 first half goals and were just brilliant!
 

THE RUN-IN

This magnificent away win last night will really set us up for these 4 games. Others in contention have difficult fixtures and that will be just as influential to the final outcome. No reason why we can't win them all playing like this and having players back. Just brilliant times....
 

THE RUN-IN

Bookies (Sporting Index) now have it as a three-way tie on 56…

IMG_1159.jpeg
 

THE RUN-IN

Europe is the dream, but finishing above Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United is quite extraordinary anyway.
Tottenham can't catch us now ( mathematically possible but not going to happen). Utd need to win all their games and us lose all ours for them to finish above us.
Who would have thought that at the start of the season?
 

THE RUN-IN

I think we can win all 4 but as TF said, we could also lose them all. Let’s stay confident but humble.

Also the 1992 parallels are setting my teeth on edge because I don’t want next season to be 1993 complete with valiant progress in Europe combining with relegation.
 

THE RUN-IN

I think we can win all 4 but as TF said, we could also lose them all. Let’s stay confident but humble.

Also the 1992 parallels are setting my teeth on edge because I don’t want next season to be 1993 complete with valiant progress in Europe combining with relegation.
Oh he of little faith :) ?

In 1986 I lost a tenner out of my pocket, still looking for it ?
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

THE RUN-IN

I think we can win all 4 but as TF said, we could also lose them all. Let’s stay confident but humble.

Also the 1992 parallels are setting my teeth on edge because I don’t want next season to be 1993 complete with valiant progress in Europe combining with relegation.
Even before yesterday I thought the toughest game was Wolves. They are on Champions League form atm and that will be a really tough game. I'd make us favourites for the other three games and even if we don't win at Wolves that might well be enough for 8th. I'd expect City to win the Cup so European qualification is very much possible now.
 

THE RUN-IN

Even before yesterday I thought the toughest game was Wolves. They are on Champions League form atm and that will be a really tough game. I'd make us favourites for the other three games and even if we don't win at Wolves that might well be enough for 8th. I'd expect City to win the Cup so European qualification is very much possible now.
Agree, I think Wolves will be a very tough match but let's see, anything seems possible at the moment.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

THE RUN-IN

Even before yesterday I thought the toughest game was Wolves. They are on Champions League form atm and that will be a really tough game. I'd make us favourites for the other three games and even if we don't win at Wolves that might well be enough for 8th. I'd expect City to win the Cup so European qualification is very much possible now.
Who knows what Wolves’ and our form will be like in 3 games time though? If they’re looking to make it 10 wins in a row then yes, v tough. If we’re looking to make it 6 in a row, less so. If they’ve just gone three winless, even less.
 

THE RUN-IN

After last night it feels great to still have something to play for and let’s be honest we’d all love a bit of Europe whatever form that takes.
The Conference is hardly a money spinner but even if we don’t make it league position is probably worth more financially if 8th turns out not to be good enough to qualify.
Finishing 8th earns us £36.7m in prize money , compared to £28.2m in our current 11th position or if we suffered a dramatic slump (ain’t going to happen) we could finish as low as 14th , £19.7m which just shows how important the last couple of wins have been .
Content to do the Thomas Frank mantra of focus on the next game etc and see how it all turns out but in the money spinning Premier League lottery I’m sure the extra £8.5m would come in handy and earning an extra £14.1m than Man Utd who currently sit 14th or an extra £25.4m than West Ham who are 17th would be pretty impressive !!!
 

THE RUN-IN

I'm predicting 4-8 points. Though I think 8 (maybe even 7) will be enough as long as we beat Fulham. Tough run-ins for the others.
 

THE RUN-IN

My guess would be that if we win against Fulham, we’ll get 8th, if Fulham wins they’ll get 8th, if its a draw Brighton will get 8th
 

THE RUN-IN

I'm going 8pts; draws in the home games, wins in the road games.
 

THE RUN-IN

The Opta simulation currently has us slight favourites for 8th place...View attachment 55066
As I remember games v Southport, Aldershot, Newport County and the like, this prediction is almost psychotic! I am going to end up challenging Heath Ledger's jokerfor the biggest inane grin award
 

THE RUN-IN

I think 9-10 points is doable and I also think we have the most favourable set of fixtures. With that said it will still be a monumental task, but one we can achieve. COYB
 

THE RUN-IN

Biggest challenge with the quick turn around. Tired legs? And our form at home hasn't been great lately.
We beat Brighton 4-2 last home game!
 

THE RUN-IN

Have to beat Fulham obviously then who knows? I hope it goes to the last game at least as we have a decent record at Wolves in the PL
 

THE RUN-IN

I think beating Fulham is key because I only see them getting 1, maybe 3 points from their other games so 54 max if we beat them. Brighton I think will get another 4 so 55. Bournemouth also another 4 so 54. We should win at Ipswich, so beat Fulham and that's 55, needing just a point from Manchester United or Wolves. It's definitely on isn't it?
 

THE RUN-IN

If I miss out on a European ticket because they changed the TAPs I'm going to be really grumpy ?
…………lots appear not to want Europa football so hopefully won’t participate if we get there…………..
 

THE RUN-IN

A few weeks ago I was reading the Europe Qualification thread thinking the posters were all a bit deluded. Now I’m reading this thread wondering why people don’t believe we can get max points from the remaining games.

i’m a believer
 

THE RUN-IN

Biggest challenge with the quick turn around. Tired legs? And our form at home hasn't been great lately.
Yer ‘avin a larf !!!!
It’s our easiest fixture of the four and our biggest problem is going to relaxing snd not taking it seriously.
Let’s face it, Man U are poo, will be resting players for their S-F second leg and, sorry but, anyone that can’t beat them at home doesn’t deserve to qualify for Europe.
 
Back
Top Bottom