The Simon Brown thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Simon Brown thread

Not too dissappointed that Clown and Peat Bog are going, but it's a shame about Ide, if he can get his head sorted out he might make it somewhere else.
 

The Simon Brown thread

Not too dissappointed that Clown and Peat Bog are going, but it's a shame about Ide, if he can get his head sorted out he might make it somewhere else.

everyone thinks 'they're going' but will they? who will take them or will we be paying up the rest of their contracts? they don;t have to go.
 

The Simon Brown thread

Hiya guys Hibs fan here.

Sorry to invade your site.

Brown is pretty bad to be honest, he has made so many mistakes it's unreal. he's pish.

He was a decent shot stopper, but he's too fat and prone to mistakes in big games.:rolleyes:

Plus he spoke out against St JC, so he's went down imo.

He may be good for Brentford, but i doubt it. He's abit of a lazt bastart.

Here is a video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n19izAwuVgA

There's more vids but i can't find them on youtube.

I wish you all the best. I hope you don't sign him. If you do, good luck to him.

Good luck for the rst of the season. You'll need it if he signs for you.:(


Im proved correct.:idea: :idea:

I take it he was pish for you as well??
 

The Simon Brown thread

"Brown would be the second goalkeeper to join Brentford from Hibs, Oli Gottskalksson joined the English club from Hibees.

Brentford seem to have a knack of taking our dodgy keepers, any chance they are looking for a Polish one as well??"


Thats taken from Hibs website...Are they having a laugh Oli was a legend!!! :eek:

One of the best keepers i've seen at GP (bear in mind im 21). Before i get trounced with he made c*ck up remarks, just remember all players make mistakes only goalkeepers get noticed more!!!

Looks like we were correct all along.:wave:

As i said, you looking for an out of contract, diddy, Pole goal keeper this summer?:idea: :sorted:
 

The Simon Brown thread

Well you may have been correct about Brown the Clown, but not about Oli, who was a superb goalie for us.

Yes, in his forst season , he had an awful spell in late 2001, early 2002 then if you were harsh might be said to have cost us promotion eg Northampton and Wigan etc
 

The Simon Brown thread

just looking back

Reports that Sidwell is leaving Chelsea says he was on loan to us from the Gunners,I thought he signed after an initial loan?Anyways I found this whilst looking,our super Simon Whoops! Brown in goal for Colchester 6 years ago.I cant believe it was him who let Lloyd score;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/1794106.stm
 

The Simon Brown thread

Reports that Sidwell is leaving Chelsea says he was on loan to us from the Gunners,I thought he signed after an initial loan?Anyways I found this whilst looking,our super Simon Whoops! Brown in goal for Colchester 6 years ago.I cant believe it was him who let Lloyd score;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/1794106.stm


team that day...

Paul Smith, Dobson, Powell, Ingimarsson, Gibbs, Sidwell, Mahon, Evans, Hunt, Burgess, Owusu. Subs: Julian, McCammon, O'Connor, Jay Smith, Theobald.
 

The Simon Brown thread

Reports that Sidwell is leaving Chelsea says he was on loan to us from the Gunners,I thought he signed after an initial loan?Anyways I found this whilst looking,our super Simon Whoops! Brown in goal for Colchester 6 years ago.I cant believe it was him who let Lloyd score;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/1794106.stm

What a difference a few years make? Teams in that league range from the Premiership to out of the football league completely :eek:
 

The Simon Brown thread

:owusu:
 

The Simon Brown thread

and guessing after Heywood he is likely to be the highest earner? Chances of shifting him dont look great at the moment.......
 

The Simon Brown thread

and guessing after Heywood he is likely to be the highest earner? Chances of shifting him dont look great at the moment.......

Don't know, but I'd imagine Kev is on more, though Brown would presumably be in the upper half of our wage scale anyway. Doesn't seem as though clubs are rushing to sign him, and we may be limited to a loanee (Hamer again?) as I don't see us affording 2 permanent senior keepers. Fingers crossed some other manager sees more in him than we do
 

The Simon Brown thread

If Brown stays can't see us being able to afford more than him and Seb TBH.
 

The Simon Brown thread

presumably the reason that Seb Brown has only been signed on a 3-month contract is to see what happens with Simon Brown?

if Simon Brown can't be moved on, I suspect that young Seb won't be retained at the end of his short-term contract?
 

The Simon Brown thread

................off to Hearts hopefully...................
 

The Simon Brown thread

The Simon Brown thread

Anyone see in the chronicle that there's a conference club after him?
(please be true!!!!!!!)
 

The Simon Brown thread

Luton?
 

The Simon Brown thread

At last night's game, Simon Brown looked like he's lost about a stone in weight!! :eek:
 

The Simon Brown thread

i didn't recognise him at all till i saw the trademark baldy bit.
 

The Simon Brown thread

I ssuspect that he is putting himself in the shop window as he doesnt want to sit on our bench all season.

I think he is a decent 4th division keeper when at his best and hope that someone will take a chance on him and his salary.
 

The Simon Brown thread

A perfectly fine but expensive back up. If he does go it will be interesting if we sign a cheaper back up or use the cash elsewhere and use the other Brown as back up. The loan restrictions are more flexible with goalkeepers once the window has closed if Hamer were to pick up an injury
 

The Simon Brown thread

Seb Brown only has a 6 month contract so I would assume he will be sent out on loan to help prove whetehr he merits an extension, so Simon Brown or if he goes, a new keeper would perhaps sit on the bench
 

The Simon Brown thread

6 months would take us to the transfer window when we can decide if we need to bring in another
 

The Simon Brown thread

Made some good saves last night unlucky with the penalty tho....but does look like he has lost weight
 

The Simon Brown thread

the heywood effect ?
 

The Simon Brown thread

Hamer would be pissed off if that happened
 

The Simon Brown thread

Simon Brown

Is it true he was voted worst keeper in Scotland?
If not why not!
 

The Simon Brown thread

Too unreliable and a liability

Rarely comes for crosses.

Goal conceded at Bromley an example of his slowness to respond near post to distant shots.

Despite any improved fitness.
 

The Simon Brown thread

He is a slow poor keeper. We can afford a small squad all of whom either merit a place or will improve. He should go elsewhere
 

The Simon Brown thread

im not sure about him, he comes out with some suberb saves but he lacks consistency which we need next year. maybe 2nd choice but who could be first?
 

The Simon Brown thread

im not sure about him, he comes out with some suberb saves but he lacks consistency which we need next year. maybe 2nd choice but who could be first?

another quality post, from the chap with his finger on the pulse !
 

The Simon Brown thread

You don't like this chap very much.:sad:
I think he talks sense, who the feck would be 1st choice if Brownie is only
2nd?:confused:

I've never had the pleasure.

However, Hamer is not exactly streets ahead of Brown, IMUHO

I don;t think any Bees fan can afford to sever all ties and write off Brown at this stage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom