Thomas Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Frank

Masterclass from Thomas going 3 at the back and going for the more mobile Roerslev over Mads Bech.

Soaked up pressure when needed. Then smashed them once they’d run out of sideways passes.
 

Thomas Frank

Inspired stuff from TF to combat the heat today: smash them off the park in the first half an hour then take it easy for the last hour or so lads ?
 

Thomas Frank

Some of the results he has masterminded at the helm of our club are historic.

Multiple victories over QPR and Fulham.

Playoff final success at Wembley.

Dispatching Arsenal, United, Chelsea in multiple goal victories all within 12 months of promotion to the top flight.

Plus many more.

Some legacy he is building.
 

Thomas Frank

I doubt a single GPGer would have gone for that starting lineup. Tactical masterclass from TF. Simply genius.
I was very close, had 10 out of 11 of the starting lineup including playing Roerslev at RCB in a 352.
 

Thomas Frank

Lovely article by Alyson Rudd (again!) in The Times today:


Thomas Frank became a laughing stock among Manchester United fans in January when he emerged, after Brentford’s 3-1 home defeat to Ralf Rangnick’s team, to praise, to the hilt, his side’s display. They called him deluded. It was the only occasion that anyone goaded the Danish coach in a magnificent season after their promotion and Frank had the last laugh on Saturday.

Actually, he was right to have complimented his players seven months ago as they had outplayed United in the first half and Frank needed to keep his team buoyant as external doubts were raised that Brentford, on a poor run, could evade relegation after all.

The 48-year-old was busy not putting a foot wrong again after the comprehensive victory over United. Frank carefully dismantled the reasons why some fans had chosen to jeer Christian Eriksen and concluded that it was not, for him, a classy response to the return of the player they had so hoped to keep, while at the same time not saying anything to upset the home supporters.

Indeed, the relationship between Frank and the Brentford faithful is rapidly approaching one of the most truly, madly, deeply satisfying in the land. He led the players on a slow, romantic lap of honour after the game as the fans sang along and jigged to Freed From Desire. Somehow he managed to make sure the whole thing was entirely free of hubris.

“I think you see a lot of happy faces and smiles and proud faces and in a way you are filled with joy and you don’t know what to do with it,” he said when asked what was going through his mind as he strolled around the pitch. “I think it’s important we celebrate every win. Sometimes you take winning for granted and you can’t do that.”

Still, it all meant that he did not have time for a quiet word with Eriksen, the player he had coached when the midfielder was a teenager and whom he had enticed to west London when the rest of the world was too worried about whether a player with a heart-starting device could compete safely.

“Obviously I would like to speak to him,” Frank said, “but I’ll most likely speak to him in the week. I don’t think we’ll speak too much about the game. Just ask how’s the family, have they found a house in Manchester?”

Honestly, you can imagine Eriksen picking up the phone and welling up with tears at his former head coach’s solicitousness, delivered without an ounce of bitterness or smugness about the fact the Denmark international had chosen to leave for a club that is a laughing stock.

Frank calmly explained that you cannot assess United, decide they do not run enough and then tell your own players to simply run more and everything will fall neatly into place.

“Of course we spoke about it before the game,” he said, “but you can’t just say, ‘Oh can you do it?’ It’s [about] a long strategy and communication. In general, my teams run a lot. We speak about it and enforce the message that we need to do it. Because if you do that we press more, with the transitions, concede less goals and we train hard. We try to make an effort on it. If you run more than the opponent — also it’s about passing — but if you run more than the opponent you have a very good chance to win.

“We know the fitness is a big part. We need to defend well and do well on set pieces. That’s the foundation. Then we’d like to add even more quality football and try to dominate more. So, when I speak about that message almost every week, and then you have a win like that, it reinforces that message. And they know we can do it.”

Ninety minutes after the end of the game, a Brentford supporter was walking with his two very young children.

“I’m so glad you saw that, kids,” he said, on the verge of tears. “Moments like that don’t happen often in your life, you should know that.”
 

Thomas Frank

Apparently he's on the Jim White show with Simon Jordan on Talksport this morning.
 

Thomas Frank

I can see a big club coming in for him in the next 6-12 months. Not saying he will leave.

Why wouldn't they?
 

Thomas Frank

I can see a big club coming in for him in the next 6-12 months. Not saying he will leave.

Why wouldn't they?
I'm sure someone will. Whether he will want to go there is another matter. They would have to have a system in place that he feels comfortable with, he'd want the right people around him and the club would need to give him time.

How many big clubs will be prepared to do all 3?

Whenever he does go, he will leave very big shoes to fill, though.
 

Thomas Frank

I think Thomas knows perhaps more so than anyone where his bread is buttered (with Lurpak of course)
I can only see eventually him going to a TOP team and I mean top 15-20 clubs in the world... or a national team job.
 

Thomas Frank

On in a minute apparently.
Sounds like it's a pre-recorded interview that he did with them yesterday rather than it being 'live' with TF on the phone / in the studio.
 

Thomas Frank

I think Thomas knows perhaps more so than anyone where his bread is buttered (with Lurpak of course)
I can only see eventually him going to a TOP team and I mean top 15-20 clubs in the world... or a national team job.

not sure Frank would be all that interested in a national team job that aren’t Denmark, and qua their friendship I don’t see Frank accepting to take over from Hjulmand without him going voluntarily, and I don’t see Hjulmand going (voluntarily) any time soon
 

Thomas Frank

not sure Frank would be all that interested in a national team job that aren’t Denmark, and qua their friendship I don’t see Frank accepting to take over from Hjulmand without him going voluntarily, and I don’t see Hjulmand going (voluntarily) any time soon
Apparently going to be addressed in this TalkSport interview which they might get round to broadcasting instead of interminably plugging it
 

Thomas Frank

According to what was said as a"teaser" after the 11.00 news about this interview, he says that he sees himself in a privileged position at Brentford and he could easily stay here for another 10-15 years.
He’s like a “shareholder” of the business same for Phil Giles, I can’t see them leaving for a long long time
 

Thomas Frank

While we are in the Premiership, it would be very easy for us to make sure his decision to leave isnt a financial one. I dont know what managers are paid, but the sums arent as ludicrous as the players get I think.*

He only has to look at what happened to Deano to see that a move to a big club may not be a long term move, and as long as we are progressing (and therefore giving him an ongoing challenge and target to aim for) I cant see him leaving for another club anywhere.

I am worried about the attractiveness of managing the Danish National team however, but I think our current strategy, of having them all play for Brentford anyway, would allow him to combine both jobs!

If he doesnt go, I can see him being the long term replacmeent for Peter Gilham, should he ever lose his voice"


* yes Silly Hat, I am spending someone else's money again
 

Thomas Frank

Woaaahh first BBC then Talksh*te another 20mins+ of pure Bees lovefest auditory porn! I need a lie down ?
 

Thomas Frank

According to what was said as a"teaser" after the 11.00 news about this interview, he says that he sees himself in a privileged position at Brentford and he could easily stay here for another 10-15 years.
Why not be our Ferguson or Wenger?
 

Thomas Frank

Trevor Sinclair just parroting the Eriksen factor. He's got nothing else.
Da Silva won't make it in the premier league because of the sending off in the League cup game vs Spurs.. Remember when he said that.
He is a fool. Doesn't have anything interesting to say and Jordan makes him look like an even bigger tit.
 

Thomas Frank

It's grossly unfair on teams like Man.U for Thomas to change players around, change tactics, do all that cheating stuff when Ten Bob had a plan and Brentford didn't cooperate. What is going on?

Yes, just like Klopp last season who was really quite sour and condescending in his post-match presser. What right did Brentford have to hold his expensive bunch of prima donnas to a draw? We should know our place and politely bend over and get a**e-f****d by these "big clubs".
 

Thomas Frank

Yes, just like Klopp last season who was really quite sour and condescending in his post-match presser. What right did Brentford have to hold his expensive bunch of prima donnas to a draw? We should know our place and politely bend over and get a**e-f****d by these "big clubs".
I thought Klopp was all right! Tuchel was a right nightmare though.
 

Thomas Frank

Ah yes... 'it was rainy when we trained yesterday and now it is sunny'. Tuchel was weird...

Klopp was fairly respectful, a bit caught out by us using different tactics than he imagined and Raya's ability to ping out balls. His programme notes at Liverpool said 'they will offer another tough test like last time, which is right' or something to that effect.
 

Thomas Frank

I thought Klopp was all right! Tuchel was a right nightmare though.

Actually tivadvir you are sort of right, but Klopp was very sour about Raya - calling him our no. 10, and inferring that we were just a long-ball team. And yes, Tuchel was a bit of a tw*t too, and from Sunday's behaviour, is continuing in that vein!
 

Thomas Frank

Actually tivadvir you are sort of right, but Klopp was very sour about Raya - calling him our no. 10, and inferring that we were just a long-ball team. And yes, Tuchel was a bit of a **** too, and from Sunday's behaviour, is continuing in that vein!
I took that as a compliment to Raya but obviously no idea what he intended.
I think even TF has said he didn’t particularly like Tuchel’s attitude tbf. ?
 

Thomas Frank

Yes, just like Klopp last season who was really quite sour and condescending in his post-match presser. What right did Brentford have to hold his expensive bunch of prima donnas to a draw? We should know our place and politely bend over and get a**e-f****d by these "big clubs".
As Liverpool are at present it would be a good time to play them. Really Brentford have no right to even have the privilege of playing these massif clubs. We should be really grateful.
 

Thomas Frank

Actually tivadvir you are sort of right, but Klopp was very sour about Raya - calling him our no. 10, and inferring that we were just a long-ball team. And yes, Tuchel was a bit of a **** too, and from Sunday's behaviour, is continuing in that vein!
Tuchel……didn’t he waffle on about gloves during the post match drubbing interview?
Looks a bit shifty
 

Thomas Frank

At 4:40 mins in the 11:30-12:00 segment

Thanks for posting. What a prince among men is our Thomas.

He's being very generous about Eriksen in interviews, but I can't help thinking that he must have been disappointed that a player he obviously had a big part in bringing in, did not 'get it' enough to stay on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom