Thomas Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Frank

Arsenal's ego is too big to appoint a mid table Prem manager with no big competition experience.
I agree but on a personal level do you think it's an important factor? Thomas had a pretty steep learning curve after he came to us.
 

Thomas Frank

Moreover the whole Europe or not, Mbeumo transfer or not , TF in or out or not.... it's TF leaving that gives me the greatest anxiety. I'm certain this summer with the usual managerial hiring and firing the light will turn even brighter to TF. The headlines write themselves really particularly with Spurs and probably Man U in the market.
The thing that gets me really riled is the media narrative in these moments and how recent performance and achievement gets highlighted (quite rightly) without really paying credence to the foundations that success is built on. Building a club up over a decent number of years, being allowed to try, fail then succeed counts for pretty much everything we have now at Brentford. Take a top six or even any PL or championship job and you'll be lucky if you get half a season to prove your worth. And when you do its usually down in no small part to the work of the support around you as a manager. Is TF a great coach? yes he is. But he's been given time and the resources to get there and he's made an incredible job of what he's been given.
He's not the only one of course. Managers who burn bright and on the up seem to come crashing down once they take a 'step up' . Because the lack of patience and imbedded support just isn't there.
So if you are TF why in hell WOULD you take the Man U or the Spurs job ? Or Leverkusen for the matter? You take the coin, your fingers get burnt, your reputation takes a nosedive and you get sacked.
What I'm saying is TF...please don't go.
All true but the lure for a confident and ambitious manager, as TF is, of a big club is the prospect of big success if you back yourself to overcome the obstacles and take the risk of failure.

TF strikes me as a patient, realistic and thoughtful person. So it may be that the unfinished work here he’s mentioned when asked about other managerial vacancies includes stuff beyond our more prosaic hopes as fans. Or it may be that he sees our ceiling as being already pretty much reached.

Yes, failure after moving is possible. But so is failure after not moving.

If Man U say, here’s £15m a year for three years, here’s £1bn in transfer kitty, here’s a CL campaign and a PL campaign where the aim is to finish much higher than 16th and be looking like a well managed, coached and structured team, it’d be mighty tempting.
 

Thomas Frank

All true but the lure for a confident and ambitious manager, as TF is, of a big club is the prospect of big success if you back yourself to overcome the obstacles and take the risk of failure.

TF strikes me as a patient, realistic and thoughtful person. So it may be that the unfinished work here he’s mentioned when asked about other managerial vacancies includes stuff beyond our more prosaic hopes as fans. Or it may be that he sees our ceiling as being already pretty much reached.

Yes, failure after moving is possible. But so is failure after not moving.

If Man U say, here’s £15m a year for three years, here’s £1bn in transfer kitty, here’s a CL campaign and a PL campaign where the aim is to finish much higher than 16th and be looking like a well managed, coached and structured team, it’d be mighty tempting.
EXCEPT surely as a confident and ambitious manager he is also pragmatic. Look at the litany of busted flushes. Graham Potter. Erik Ten Hag. Ange Postecoglou. Amorim. The lists go on and on. For every Maresca, Alonso or Kompany there are at least half a dozen of these hard luck stories. None of them are bad managers.
 

Thomas Frank

EXCEPT surely as a confident and ambitious manager he is also pragmatic. Look at the litany of busted flushes. Graham Potter. Erik Ten Hag. Ange Postecoglou. Amorim. The lists go on and on. For every Maresca, Alonso or Kompany there are at least half a dozen of these hard luck stories. None of them are bad managers.
They’ll all go on to top jobs or already have.

I suspect TF would without any spending have either Spurs or Man U in the top 6 without much trouble. If their owners think next season’s aim is a title push, no dice.
 

Thomas Frank

I've had a feeling for a while that under TF we tend to end seasons strongly so I had a look at the figures tonight, and it turns out that its not just a figment of my imagination. In six of Thomas' seven seasons with us our Points Per Game (PPG) has improved in the final ten matches of the campaign, often markedly. The one season where it didn't, 2022/23, there was essentially no real change in performance either way. I don't know whether this is down to Thomas' management approach or its the fitness work done on the conditioning of the players but it seems to be more than coincidence. We really do appear to peak at the business end of a season.

Maybe Marinus was on to something after all? ?

PPG Last 10 MatchesPPG Rest of the Season
2019/191.51.36
2019/202.41.58
2020/2121.86
2021/222.20.85
2022/231.51.57
2023/241.30.92
2024/252.12 (Last 8 matches)1.35
better pitches in the spring?

less injuries?

less pressure?
 

Thomas Frank

I'm increasingly feeling that a certain lego headed manager's time is running its course...and that Thomas will be in line to take over after next season should Arsenal fail to win anything again...
Arsenal fans I know want Frank now.
 

Thomas Frank

I don't think he thinks in the same way as other managers and has different motivations. I'm sure he said once in an interview that he would like to take a year out between jobs to travel. I'm not sure that he would necessarily move because his stock was high. However, lurking at the back of our minds is the fact that he may leave one day. I trust MB and PG in their succession planning though.
 

Thomas Frank

I'm sure the flag made its first appearance at Yeovil away.
I first heard it at Macclesfield when we were dogshit, iirc was Pete Johnston and his crew who were singing it.

I also remember one of the Hester’s having a friendly chat with Andy Scott on the touch line, don’t know if that was just before or after Butchers dismissal. Think also though could be wrong that this was the game Lewis Emmanuel got lost on the way to or couldn’t be arsed to turn up.
 

Thomas Frank

I don't think he thinks in the same way as other managers and has different motivations. I'm sure he said once in an interview that he would like to take a year out between jobs to travel. I'm not sure that he would necessarily move because his stock was high. However, lurking at the back of our minds is the fact that he may leave one day. I trust MB and PG in their succession planning though.
I agree 500% (if that's possible) - but I think you're just wasting your time posting it. I've quoted him like this often enough and people just refuse to believe he might mean what he says.
 

Thomas Frank

TF comes across as the most understanding and considerate manager

but I reckon he hates Silva with a passion, and Fulham
 

Thomas Frank

He is by far the most odious character on that list. He likes to come across as a nice guy yet his teams are masters of the Dark Arts. Vote Thomas.
if its done on a fans vote we may as well not even bother turning up!
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Thomas Frank

Thomas Frank

We all know how incredible he has been for us. When you consider what he has achieved each season with injuries across the squad, while adding layers and becoming more attacking. Was this season his best to date? I think so.

Also, when there is talk of statues, and you think of the holy trinity at Trafford, ours should be MB, PG and TF. But you know somehow, with those three, it would be a more cryptic and self effacing. MB probably wouldn't be in it at all. Maybe replaced with Woody or a symbol.
 

Thomas Frank

Also, when there is talk of statues, and you think of the holy trinity at Trafford, ours should be MB, PG and TF. But you know somehow, with those three, it would be a more cryptic and self effacing. MB probably wouldn't be in it at all. Maybe replaced with Woody or a symbol.
Surely we should have a huge rock carving like Mount Rushmore with MB, PG, and TF on it? Perhaps Pontus and IT who got us to the promised land as well. Not much room around the GTech for this, perhaps on the roof of the North Stand if it is made of lighter material?
 

Thomas Frank

Would like to be the first to say Thomas Frank greatest Bees manager ever…. Thank you for your contribution
 

Thomas Frank

Alan Curbishley,Martin O'Neill,Sean Dyche and Thomas Frank.
Afaik they are the only managers/head coaches to manage/coach their teams for 4 seasons or more after promotion from the championship.
Curbs has 6 full seasons. Dyche has 5 before being sacked in his 6th.
Martin and Thomas have 4
 

Thomas Frank

Thomas talks about" Spain with family"
I wonder if he still goes to Nerja, used to see him loads of times in restaurants and around the town, when I lived there.
 

Thomas Frank

Thomas Frank

Thomas talks about" Spain with family"
I wonder if he still goes to Nerja, used to see him loads of times in restaurants and around the town, when I lived there.
I believe he chose his favourite cheese from there, so yes. He also said in that interview that he's going to Spain for 9 days this summer...
 

Thomas Frank

A great video with only answers from the interviewee…

…and very few mentions (if any) of the word “…Obviously”!!

What a guy!!

What a club!!

How lucky are we??!!
 

Thomas Frank

I'm increasingly feeling that a certain lego headed manager's time is running its course...and that Thomas will be in line to take over after next season should Arsenal fail to win anything again...
No way.
Arsenal will win nothing and Thomas will still be here in 26/27.

Arsenals main aim is Champions league money coming into the club.
If Arteta brings that then they are happy.
They will win the Emirates Cup though.
Arsenal v Concorde Rangers will play the winners of Canvey Island and Maldon & Tiptree.
 

Thomas Frank

Strong rumours Tottenham now need a new manager. I really hope Thomas doesn’t go there.
 

Thomas Frank

I like many supporters hope that Thomas Frank stays.
Michael Kayode's permanent signing and Kelleher's imminent signing shows Brentford's intentions for 2025/26.
Thomas stay and see the Bees into Europe.
COYB's.
Sadly I can't see it happening but if we were to keep TF, BM and YW with players returning from injury plus MK, and perhaps another midfielder, we could well be challenging for top 6.
Still, who knows, Bournemouth still managed to have a good season after losing 2 key players.
 

Thomas Frank

Wonderful interview by TF reviewing the season. Could listen to him talk about Brentford all day long. Hope TF enjoys his break - man deserves it.


View: https://x.com/brentfordfc/status/1928466441403322728?s=46&t=TbCV2mMEhMCea-mPoYkV1A

They should let new incoming players watch that interview to really show them what we're about. No reading junk journalism or social media; you'll never get
the truth there. Just watch and listen to our amazing manager talk about the club he loves, then give them a pen so they can sign that contract ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom