Tickets sold?

Tickets sold?

Are the Club going to say how many have been sold now ???
 

Tickets sold?

Got to say, I agree with Mhead on this one. Took a coach load last year of 30+ and only 10 were Bees. After the day we had, it is very difficult to convince non-Bees to come again so we're going on the train this time at much greater expense without the non-Bees element. No matter how many are there, we are capable of making just as much noise as the Sjokies so let's not worry about being outnumbered, let's just make sure we're NOT :p drowned out!

[ 08 May 2002: Message edited by: Jimbee ]
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by Reading Bee:
Are the Club going to say how many have been sold now ???

Went to club less than 30 mins ago (to buy coach ticket). Not able to buy coach seat + Club shop almost closed. Spoke to official source and it's still 7,000 tickets. That means nobody has bought tickets today! Crap. If the players pull this off with 7,000 fans well words won't explain how much I consider them to be heroes. Question: is the club open on Friday too, and until what time?
 

Tickets sold?

let's just make sure we're drowned out! :)

Put socks in our mouths ? :)

we'll make enuff noise.

What wil piss me off will be the biased " BIG CLUB " mentality towards Stoke by the media. " they deserve to go up,just look at all the fans here compared to Brentwood ,magnificent stadium Stoke have,ready for the first division.I hear Ron Noades is going to put Bentward into a non league ground,they dont deserve to win "

It will happen ,it has before !
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by country bee:
Originally posted by Reading Bee:
Are the Club going to say how many have been sold now ???

Went to club less than 30 mins ago (to buy coach ticket). Not able to buy coach seat + Club shop almost closed. Spoke to official source and it's still 7,000 tickets. That means nobody has bought tickets today! Crap. If the players pull this off with 7,000 fans well words won't explain how much I consider them to be heroes. Question: is the club open on Friday too, and until what time?


er hello BFC ? Weve got boat loads to tix to sell and we dont open late EVERY night till say,9pm ? People WORK yer know ,give em time to buy.Iknow its late night tomorrow to buy tix ( 7.05pm ? ) but you should be staying open EVERY NIGHT late,till at least 9 pm.Also open up if you can Sat am.

Whats to stop Stoke fans buying our un sold tix by the way ?
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by country bee:

Question: is the club open on Friday too, and until what time?

10 am till 2pm Friday.

If you want to book coach travel, please call into the club. It's open till 8pm tomorrow (Thursday).
 

Tickets sold?

GET YOUR ARSES TO CARDIFF ON SAT! NO EXCUSES! THE LADS HAVE WORKED THEIR BUTTS OFF THIS SEASON FOR THIS AND DESERVE BETTER THAN A P!SS POOR 7K.

You are giving more fuel to the Ron Noades fire.

BE ASHAMED, BEE VERY ASHAMED.

Shouting over.
 

Tickets sold?

Ashford I hope your sentiments are not extended too far and wide. Living in Glasgow I cant get flights, trains or coaches to get me to Cardiff for the game. It is also the case that I cant afford it and I see no reason to justify why.

I would love to be there as I would love to be at every Brentford game but I simply can't. However to make up for mot being there I have mates from work coming round to watch the game as Ive gone on all season about the Bees they are becoming interested, so a good result could see some coming down from Scotland in future.

Not all those that can't go are lazy w***ers...though some probably are!!!!!!!!! :p
 

Tickets sold?

With regards the number of the Brentford contingent....my fiancee did read about the worries what with Stoke bringing millions more...she just said (in typical lady fashion) dont blokes realise its not the size thats important...its what you do with it that matters....so go on Bees and f*** em good!!!
:D
 

Tickets sold?

Well if some one can stump up the fares for my daughter and I to travel down on Friday night, stay in a hotel on the Friday and Saturday and return on the Sunday morning train that would be great...but as a single parent on a nurses income I can't bloody afford it and I dont need to be called a w****r just because I put the financial welfare of my daughter first...I know f*****g single parents!!!!!!!!
 

Tickets sold?

Where are all these accusations about regulars staying at home coming from? We've already sold 1000 more than our average attendence.

We don't have 25-35000 fans, it's as simple as that. As has been proven in the past, it's not going to stop us from playing well. We will continue to sell ticket all week and will probably have over 12000 on the day in my opinion. Will you be able to pay on the day to go in a neutral section anyway?
 

Tickets sold?

Dont worry GlasgowBee, im sure we will be able to hear you and your mates singing.

Why dont we wait to see the turn out and pull together to build on it for future..

You Bees
 

Tickets sold?

Ok, here's what we do ... Take those 10,000 ballons being distributed to us and a pillow or cushion. Paint or draw a face on the ballon and plonk it on top of the cushion. Put this on your seat beside, which will be empty, so it appears we have more supporters in the stadium than we really do.
Serious ? you bet I am !
I seriously hope our players are not adversely affected by the lack of supporters we have been able to take to this game.
It's the biggest game for decades and years to come, which we must win. I feel the racket and noise we made at the last few games helped the players and gave us an extra player on the pitch. Will we be able to repeat this on Saturday ? With the balloned cushions, we may just do it.
 

Tickets sold?

Today's Chronicle reports that we had sold 8,000 tickets as at Weds morning.
 

Tickets sold?

Shocking! :mad:
 

Tickets sold?

Well, I av done my best I am taking 22 of us but alas I can get no more, half of those av never seen a game b4 either. We av 2 accept we r small but it is the quantity that counts and when we get 25k @ our new home soon we can all say we were there at the turn! Lets just concentrate on supporting the team 2 double effect! It is a shame but hey lets look 4ward 2 what we got. Dortmund, last night only had 10k with them and they r 1 of the biggest clubs in Germany playn in a UEFA cup final travelling the same distance!

So those of us who r there just make more noise than usual, simple!

Beeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by 'Ayes B:
mheadbee

Why dont you drive to Wales like last year and get a local train tgo Cardiff. The station is so close to the ground and will cut out the hassel

The real hassle was on the m4 unfortunately.
A lot of my mates would come to a "home game", but won't travel because of family commitments I am afraid!
 

Tickets sold?

Don't panic....remember crewe...we had , well, numbers mooted were between 25K-40K that day and crewe had 7K...who was the laughing stock that day my friends????

We will win...there is no doubt!
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by mhead bee:
Don't panic....remember crewe...we had , well, numbers mooted were between 25K-40K that day and crewe had 7K...who was the laughing stock that day my friends????

We will win...there is no doubt!

That's not quite how I remember it - I seem to recall that both clubs had approximately the same number of supporters.
 

Tickets sold?

I seem to rember that the crowd against Crewe was in the low 30k's. They had a knot of 7/8k and we had the rest. Atmosphere on the steps going up to the ground was great. And it was brilliant seeing loads of people in Bees shirts around Richmond and Twickenham. But inside Wembley I thought that the atmosphere was poor at our end - diluted by a fair number of people who weren't regulars. (Good in some ways; bad in others.)

Can't see us now taking more than 10k to Cardiff. But at least - a point that's been made elsewhere - the vast majority will be really up for it
 

Tickets sold?

At Wembley we had around 18/19,000 & Crewe around 8/9,000.

It does appear our support is still dwindling when you compare now back to Wigan, Crewe & even Port Vale (12,000 ) , less & less each time, very sad.

It is not surprising after years of neglect & negativity at Griffin Park

We need to get up , stay up for once as well as get a new BeeDome to make people realise we are for once serious about the clubs ambitions.

Even now it's all about players leaving, washing their own kits, rangles with the council etc.

Not much of a lure to our potential new fan base if we get promoted this time is it ? :mad:
 

Tickets sold?

Can someone answer this query, ive just received off a mate?

had to wait ages in the office till 11am for them to be
delivered from Leeds (where the call centre was) there
was a huge box of them, if they are counted
differently than the ones that are sold by the club we
will have loads there coz there was hundreds and
hundreds of evelopes, can you ask on the GPG if the
magic 8,000 was just ones sold at the club, or was it
call centre as well???
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by Ashford Bees:
p.s

W@NKERS! to all those that don't go on Saturday.

Fu(k off.

I've missed 4 games all season, including going to Oldham away on a Tuesday night, Cambridge and Tranny over Chrimbo, Newcastle on a Wednesday night, Wycombe in the meaningless cup and loads more. I am absolutely gutted to say that I've booked a hol from tomorrow onwards, believe me my heart will be at the Mill Stad rather than Menorca, but there's NOTHING I can do about this without stitching up my mate. And I can't afford his flight ticket to reimburse him. Does that make me a w@nker? Stupid, yes. Gutted, yes. W@nker? Fu(k off.

On the Crewe game, I thought there were 34,000 fans at Wembleeee, with us taking 27,000 and the other 7,000 coming from ooop north. The atmosphere was quality until, like at the Mill Stad last year, we let a goal in.

This is our year WE ARE GOING UP!!
 

Tickets sold?

Don't know why everyone is getting so uptight we will probably double about our average home core support and so will Stoke.
20K may have gone 6 miles to Wembley but they ai't going to go to nigh on 200 miles to Cardiff. Once promoted support will increase and next years div 1 play off will see us reach 15 to 20K. Optimism at it's peak. :D
 

Tickets sold?

I don't really give a sh1t how many we take on saturday as long as those who are going are 100% BRENTFORD. I remember the sh1t atmosphere at the Crewe final and look how many we took then.
Let's get behind the lads and sing our hearts out!!
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by Fat Bee Slim:
Fu(k off.

I've missed 4 games all season, including going to Oldham away on a Tuesday night, Cambridge and Tranny over Chrimbo, Newcastle on a Wednesday night, Wycombe in the meaningless cup and loads more. I am absolutely gutted to say that I've booked a hol from tomorrow onwards, believe me my heart will be at the Mill Stad rather than Menorca, but there's NOTHING I can do about this without stitching up my mate. And I can't afford his flight ticket to reimburse him. Does that make me a w@nker? Stupid, yes. Gutted, yes. W@nker? Fu(k off.

On the Crewe game, I thought there were 34,000 fans at Wembleeee, with us taking 27,000 and the other 7,000 coming from ooop north. The atmosphere was quality until, like at the Mill Stad last year, we let a goal in.

This is our year WE ARE GOING UP!!

I'm not having a go at those that live north of the border / overseas / foolish enough to book a holiday during the football season. I just think it is a major embarrassment and letdown on the players that we could be taking less than 10,000 to the biggest game in the club's history. It's no wonder uncle Ron feels like he's flogging a dead horse. All that said, I will be there giving it my all.

You Reds. Always.
 

Tickets sold?

why don't we count how many fans we bring afterwards rather than 2 days before the game???
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by alikat:
That's not quite how I remember it - I seem to recall that both clubs had approximately the same number of supporters.

blimey you must have been drunk!the crowd was 34000 and crewe had 8-9000 we had 25000 i seem to remember someone at club saying we aold 22000 and a couple of thousand paid on day
 

Tickets sold?

Good point well made Big Neil

Cant we spend our time getting the atmosphere built up and generally getting behind the team!
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by eghambee:
Good point well made Big Neil

Cant we spend our time getting the atmosphere built up and generally getting behind the team!

exactly, let 35K stokies sit in silence as they try to start a song and put pressure on their own team!
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by Ashford Bees:
I'm not having a go at those that live north of the border / overseas / foolish enough to book a holiday during the football season. I just think it is a major embarrassment and letdown on the players that we could be taking less than 10,000 to the biggest game in the club's history. It's no wonder uncle Ron feels like he's flogging a dead horse. All that said, I will be there giving it my all.

You Reds. Always.

Well you'll bee happy to know that I've now booked flights for the following Friday (I have to pay my mate's ticket as well or he wouldn't agree to it) and I'm forfeiting the cost of tomorrow's flight...300 quid just to be in this country, without a ticket for the match or travel up there...MADNESS!!! :D :D

This is our year WE ARE GOING UP!!
 

Tickets sold?

Some of you boyz seem to forget that half of D Block is over 80, many of whom will struggle to get there. Which is another reason why we had more at 85 cup final, fans die and are not replaced with new followers.
Sad but true :rolleyes:
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by nick logan:
blimey you must have been drunk!the crowd was 34000 and crewe had 8-9000 we had 25000 i seem to remember someone at club saying we aold 22000 and a couple of thousand paid on day

so wait...

crewe only took 8000?

they were vastly outnumbered?

and they won :eek: ?

i don't care if it was just me on my own, as long as we won (mind you, the journey home would be entertaining :D)
 

Tickets sold?

i think its a shame that the bees will only be represented by 10-15K supporters, especially if you consider the size of the pool from which we could muster support. the london boroughs of ealing and hounslow must house over 500,OOO people. this vastly greater than the catchment areas of reading, stoke or any other team in div 2. what must people be doing with their lives?
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by rumblebee:
i think its a shame that the bees will only be represented by 10-15K supporters, especially if you consider the size of the pool from which we could muster support. the london boroughs of ealing and hounslow must house over 500,OOO people. this vastly greater than the catchment areas of reading, stoke or any other team in div 2. what must people be doing with their lives?

Supporting the "glory" teams like ARSEnal. I drove to work from palatial Langley, to Hayes, and saw at least 20 cars or houses with Arsenal flags, or scarves dangling.

W****** everyone of you. You should be supporting The Bees - or if you are totally devoid of taste QPRrrr -. Arsenal are in North London.

I very much doubt if any of these so called supporters get to actually watch a game.

Sadly I dont think we will take more than 12,000 at best but we have the quality support to outsing their quantity. Anyway they are one-trick ponies with Delilah...we have a good few chants.

We are going to win. Like on the pitch we have that bit extra.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by Markybee:
Supporting the "glory" teams like ARSEnal. I drove to work from palatial Langley, to Hayes, and saw at least 20 cars or houses with Arsenal flags, or scarves dangling.

W****** everyone of you. You should be supporting The Bees - or if you are totally devoid of taste QPRrrr -. Arsenal are in North London.

I very much doubt if any of these so called supporters get to actually watch a game.

Sadly I dont think we will take more than 12,000 at best but we have the quality support to outsing their quantity. Anyway they are one-trick ponies with Delilah...we have a good few chants.

We are going to win. Like on the pitch we have that bit extra.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

WOW, u live in Langely? I live in George Green so that means your the other person who knows where that is :)
 

Tickets sold?

Stoke have asked for an additional allocation of tickets from unsold BFC tickets. There may well be "pay on the day" as well for potteries folk. My source for this is from the Police in Cardiff. Norwich have only sold 18,000 so this puts our sales into perspective.
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by Markybee:
Supporting the "glory" teams like ARSEnal. I drove to work from palatial Langley, to Hayes, and saw at least 20 cars or houses with Arsenal flags, or scarves dangling.

W****** everyone of you. You should be supporting The Bees - or if you are totally devoid of taste QPRrrr -. Arsenal are in North London.

I very much doubt if any of these so called supporters get to actually watch a game.

Apparently 300,000 supporters will be out in the streets on Sunday to welcome Arsenal...now what was their capacity? It's amazing that some so called supporters actually believe they have a right to call themselves that because they pay subscriptions for Sky Sports or buy Arsenal gear. I wish TV could f**k right off from football...it is this medium that has killed the game and probably created more alcoholics as plastic supporters pile into pubs to watch the games. These people have no souls and just believe themselves to be cool trendy people...just like our southern hemisphere visitors that goto work in winter wearing sunglasses! Thickle & soul-less f**kwits!
Up the Bees!
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by Lewis:
WOW, u live in Langely? I live in George Green so that means your the other person who knows where that is :)


Sure do Lewis....Geri Halliwell was your neighbour until last year
:eek: :eek: ...Did you, ever,..you know ;) ;)

I moving to Esher soon, house is sold. Maybe we can have a drink in the Red Lion, Wexham one night. I use to go there with the ex-wife for "heart to heart/reconciliatory/stupid" chats and there was a really nice Lady who worked on Monday and Wednesdays who worked in the Slough FC shop and thought Lloydie - though she loved the guy - a "big head"....

Must get back there just to tell how how f*king great he is now. ;) ;) ;)
 

Tickets sold?

I agree about these 'so-called' football supporters. I was a West Brom season ticket holder for 10 years but gave it up about 3 years ago due to boredom, going to the same old places every week. Now I have to listen to people that go to fewer games in a year than I did in a week (a year being August - May of course!) bragging about their team making the Premiership! I have no right to as I am no longer a supporter, just a follower but obviously the bandwagons simply keep rolling along from town to town.
Anyway, I now pick and choose games to go to every week so I am a football supporter and guess what? My girlfriend and I will be in N4 on Saturday shouting for the Bees.....any song lyrics available please let me know, anything to drown out the sound of a Potter, whose face is all tattered and torn etc.... :D
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by Wise old Bee:
Stoke have asked for an additional allocation of tickets from unsold BFC tickets. There may well be "pay on the day" as well for potteries folk. My source for this is from the Police in Cardiff. Norwich have only sold 18,000 so this puts our sales into perspective.
stoke don't need our unsold tickets they still have 3000 left and have done since wed(source scfc website).there may be a few pay on days but the more the merrier i say
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by Markybee:

Sure do Lewis....Geri Halliwell was your neighbour until last year
:eek: :eek: ...Did you, ever,..you know ;) ;)

I moving to Esher soon, house is sold. Maybe we can have a drink in the Red Lion, Wexham one night. I use to go there with the ex-wife for "heart to heart/reconciliatory/stupid" chats and there was a really nice Lady who worked on Monday and Wednesdays who worked in the Slough FC shop and thought Lloydie - though she loved the guy - a "big head"....

Must get back there just to tell how how f*king great he is now. ;) ;) ;)

Yeah Geri was my neighbour, until someone broke in to her house somehow, god knows how it was huge and had more barbed wire than an army base!

I used to watch Lloyd at Slough, he wasnt the best player but always scored. I aint been back to Slough since Lloyd has left or really since Slough got relegated which was a disgrace really, because the seats were behind the ground, that they needed to install to be up to Confrence Standered!

I only really remember Lloyd scoring one goal and it was a windy wet cold night, i cant remember the team we were playing, but Lloyd was thru on goal, and he tried to lob the keeper it looked like it was going miles over, then my Dad shouted "OWUSU! YOU!!!"

And would you know the ball flew in as the wind took it :) Everyone laughed at my Dad and i dont think Lloyd was very happy either lol.

[ 10 May 2002: Message edited by: Lewis ]
 

Tickets sold?

Originally posted by Wise old Bee:
[. Norwich have only sold 18,000 so this puts our sales into perspective.[/B]

norwich have sold all their 32000 according to their website
 

Tickets sold?

Hmmm, this was from a very good source but to be honest, who gives a monkey's anyway?
How many will we take to Ibrox in a couple of seasons time though!
 

Tickets sold?

What with the club site falling over today (?) , well I can't get in anyway , how many tickets did we actually sell in the end ??

Surely we made 10,000 ? :confused:
 

Tickets sold?

I couldn't care how many we take now, I'll be there and so will the loyal 4,000 who are always at GP.
I agree the play off atmosphere and LDV final was an embarrassment, so lets hope all the sunshine buses and picnic hamper brigade stay at home this time..People were actually asking people to sit down and keep quiet last time..? At least we know that the ones travelling this time ARE Brentford..
 
Back
Top Bottom