Tommy Doherty

Joined
23 May 2000
Messages
24,073
Reaction score
15,796

Tommy Doherty

I have just seen that Tommy Doherty has asked for his contract to be cancelled at Wycombe and has now left the club as he had a dispute with Garry Waddock when they were both at QPR and does not want to play for him.

I know that TD is a horrible little bastard who you despise when he plays aginst you BUT..... I think he would be an interesting signing that would put pressure on our current midfielders.

He certainly puts his foot (and elbow!!) in but can also play!

What does anyone else think?
 

Tommy Doherty

I'm with you NLB, you hate him against you but....
 

Tommy Doherty

In nearly all cases, I'd say that if they pulled on a Bees shirt then they'd get my full support; but I think he's an exception, I'm not sure I could bring myself to cheer anything he does.
 

Tommy Doherty

2 ex QPR midfielders! :eek:

Hmmm a few years ago maybe
 

Tommy Doherty

No thanks. The paddock would not be responsible for their actions!
 

Tommy Doherty

I have just seen that Tommy Doherty has asked for his contract to be cancelled at Wycombe and has now left the club as he had a dispute with Garry Waddock when they were both at QPR and does not want to play for him.

I know that TD is a horrible little bastard who you despise when he plays aginst you BUT..... I think he would be an interesting signing that would put pressure on our current midfielders.

He certainly puts his foot (and elbow!!) in but can also play!

What does anyone else think?
He's a horrible little t****r and there are better out there, bombed out of Brizzle while Captain because of his attitude and inflated opinion of himself. Yes we need a touch of Hurlock, Hairman, Evo but he's not in their league, he's more like a snarling diddyman!
 

Tommy Doherty

Good shout NLB - an annoying & dirty little so-and-so but an extremely good footballer.

Not sure about his attitude tho' - wasn't he part of the drinking culture at B City? - & he didn't fare too well at Rangers. Still seems a bit injury prone too.

Let's face it Martin Grainger is still lauded by many & Terry Hurlock is revered, but I'm not sure that opposition fans thought any better of them than we currently do of Doherty.

If he joined, he would be our best m/fielder imo. But I can't see it happening.
 

Tommy Doherty

i reckon andy must be looking at this little c##t. personally i reckon he would be a great kick up the ass for bean and koc and would be a good signing. he could get into a good few team in this division, he must be a right pri#k for the likes of wycombe to throw him out because they need him pretty badly

sign him on a monthly contract untill may
 

Tommy Doherty

sod where they've been, if he can help bring things together in the middle then i'm all for it.

As long as he doesn't have that big beard he once did.
 

Tommy Doherty

He's been trouble everywhere he's been and I would imagine is not what Scott wants in the dressing room. Small man syndrome in my expert opinion. ;)
 

Tommy Doherty

Good shout NLB - an annoying & dirty little so-and-so but an extremely good footballer.

Not sure about his attitude tho' - wasn't he part of the drinking culture at B City? - & he didn't fare too well at Rangers. Still seems a bit injury prone too.

Let's face it Martin Grainger is still lauded by many & Terry Hurlock is revered, but I'm not sure that opposition fans thought any better of them than we currently do of Doherty.

If he joined, he would be our best m/fielder imo. But I can't see it happening.
Let's not get carried away KGB,

Hurlock started his league career with us and went on to play bigger and better, Reading, Millwall, Rangers, Southampton and England B and Skin'ead starred fro Brum.

Docherty was rated as a youngster at Brizzle, got too big for his boots and has been underachieving ever since. He did a good job on Bostock at Wycombe recently but we were truly atrocious that night. Last year he snapped and yapped before being sent off. True, Hunty feigned the elbow but Docherty has no subtlety about him and will be a liability along the lines of Finney and Fullerton, both thuggish has beens or never wasses.
 

Tommy Doherty

Good shout NLB - an annoying & dirty little so-and-so but an extremely good footballer.

Not sure about his attitude tho' - wasn't he part of the drinking culture at B City? - & he didn't fare too well at Rangers. Still seems a bit injury prone too.

Let's face it Martin Grainger is still lauded by many & Terry Hurlock is revered, but I'm not sure that opposition fans thought any better of them than we currently do of Doherty.

If he joined, he would be our best m/fielder imo. But I can't see it happening.

:imwith: on all of that.
 

Tommy Doherty

I thought, when he left "that lot", he would be a good League 2 midfielder but he's only going to be average in League 1. As has been stated, a nasty piece of work in an opposition but we've lacked that Hurlock-factor for ages.

I'd bet that he's only asked for his contract to be cancelled knowing he has another club waiting for him. I'm not sure another "hard-working" CM is top of our list right now.
 

Tommy Doherty

WW supporters must be gutted. He was one of the main reasons we looked so poor against them earlier this season. He could get us out of this division if he played as well for us as he has against us. I suspect though that he won't be to Andy Scott's taste.
 

Tommy Doherty

WW supporters must be gutted. He was one of the main reasons we looked so poor against them earlier this season. He could get us out of this division if he played as well for us as he has against us. I suspect though that he won't be to Andy Scott's taste.
Ridiculous how bad we were that game when Ainsworth was the best payer on the park and he was 37, at least a stone overweight and hadn't played a first team game at any level for nearly a year!
 

Tommy Doherty

I think he is passed his best now and is similar to Kevin but Tommy is more of a ruthless bastard.
No thanks
 

Tommy Doherty

He'd be a fantastic player... in League 2. Hello Aldershot!
 

Tommy Doherty

Sonafabee,

Not commenting on their relative ability - although Doherty has played quite a lot for N Ireland - but merely making the point that both Grainger & Hurlock were loved by many at B'fd but were probably thought of a really dirty players by opposition fans.

Every time I've seen Doherty he has impressed me with his ability & I've wished he was on our side. But I have never liked his over aggression. Interestingly tho', he has played 11 times for WW this season & has 2 yellow cards - that actually stands up pretty well against Marcus Bean's record.
 

Tommy Doherty

For what it's worth, this is what my WW-supporting mate thinks:

The only reason I pay the entrance fee is to watch Doherty play :-(

I'm a big fan of Waddock and his efforts so far, but losing Doherty is a high price to pay and terrible news. On the other hand I've never understood why Doherty was keen to play for Wycombe in the first place. Possible he might consider convenient move down the road to the Bees but (no offence!) could do better.

As you say, Div 2 now definitely looms large ...
 

Tommy Doherty

I would be in two minds about this one, always thought he was a good player and would probably improve what we have currently or at least provide good competition. However he is also a nasty little turd who has caused trouble against us in the past so am a bit :confused: whether I would back him or not TBH
 

Tommy Doherty

He's a horrible little t****r and there are better out there, bombed out of Brizzle while Captain because of his attitude and inflated opinion of himself. Yes we need a touch of Hurlock, Hairman, Evo but he's not in their league, he's more like a snarling diddyman!


Don't drag me into it - I haven't got the knees for it any more
 

Tommy Doherty

I also have a mate who supports WW and he reckons Doherty's been a very good player for them. I think he's the sort of player you'd rather have in your team than against you, and I'd be happy to see us sign him. However, I'd be even happier if we signed someone younger with creative flair.
 

Tommy Doherty

he is indeed an annoying little dwarf

and we need a creative player

and he used to play for the monkeys up the road

but we could do worse.
 

Tommy Doherty

I think we would be his last club that he would join. thank ****
 

Tommy Doherty

.....................leave well alone......................
 

Tommy Doherty

I've always rated him when I've seen him play, he can pick a pass better than the majority and I'd have him in my team but I get the feeling that a la Lee Thorpe, it wouldnt take much for the fans to turn against him
 

Tommy Doherty

In terms of small men who can pick a pass, i'd rather Jay Tabb in on loan for a couple of months instead:):fishing:
 

Tommy Doherty

Not a bad player but I just really dislike him. Having said that, I hated Warren Aspinall until he signed for us. :shrug:
 

Tommy Doherty

i reckon andy must be looking at this little c##t. personally i reckon he would be a great kick up the ass for bean and koc and would be a good signing. he could get into a good few team in this division, he must be a right pri#k for the likes of wycombe to throw him out because they need him pretty badly

sign him on a monthly contract untill may

Wycombe did not throw him out, infact they made a strong attempt to keep him,but he fell out with Waddock at QPR, and does not want to play for him.
 

Tommy Doherty

Great shout.

Good player at this level and is better than all of our 3 centre midfielders. We don't need another defensive midfielder though.
 

Tommy Doherty

It would feel all wrong to me.
Can't stand the little git.
 

Tommy Doherty

He's a decent player. Might be good to have a player all other teams' fans hate!

Look at Robbie Savage despised by all except his own team's fans who grow to love him.
 

Tommy Doherty

I saw Tommy D play a fair few times for Bristol City and always thought he's the sort of player we need.

Seeing as there's no fee to pay it seems like a fairly low risk option to give him a short term contract - or until the end of the season and take it from there.

Anyway, who can be complaining that he's fallen out with Waddock. I mean, wouldn't you?lol

It's a big yes from me.
 

Tommy Doherty

In terms of small men who can pick a pass, i'd rather Jay Tabb in on loan for a couple of months instead:):fishing:

Show me a Bees fan who wouldn't ....and I'll show you a man who doesn't know football
 

Tommy Doherty

I'm not sure if AS would show any interest in him. I'd like to know more about his track record as far as discipline goes. Two yellow cards this season is acceptable. He must have something about him to be an International. It seems he was happy enough at WW until Gary Waddock showed his face.
 

Tommy Doherty

I'd like to know more about his track record as far as discipline goes.

Checking Soccerbase, and if my maths is correct he has been booked 78 times and sent off 9 times.

During the 2006/7 season, when he was shown the yellow card 9 times, 6 of those came in a 7 game period.

He also appeared for Parma in the 1995 UEFA Cup Final against Juventus. :eek:
 

Tommy Doherty

Well he's got the exact same name as one of my favourite uncles but he's a dirty little beardy b**tard so no thanks. :wave:
 

Tommy Doherty

Spot the difference.

doherty_tommy-sep2006.jpg


Peter Sutcliffe

sutcliffe.jpg


Tommy Doherty
 
Back
Top Bottom