Trialist watch

Trialist watch

suprised tomisabee aka Phil younghusband lover is not on here saying him as he has been released by chelsea.
 

Trialist watch

Went to same school as Younghusband :wave:

If he joined the MK scum then he would go right down in my estimation :nono:
 

Trialist watch

so at the moment only this Brett fella is on trial? or is Hunt on "trial" as well? you just cant keep up...............
 

Trialist watch

... is Hunt on "trial" as well?
It would appear, from an abee post, that Hunt was a 'number two', should the signing of Adam Newton not come off. On that basis, I do not expect that he is 'on trial'. It also positions Newton as a midfielder... :fishing:
 

Trialist watch

teams i 'support' (in the turning up sense)

brentford
slough town

teams i 'follow' (ie cheer for on tv, look for results of) in order of preference...

southampton
tottenham
reading
melbourne victory
adelaide utd
newells old boys
boca juniors and
colo colo

:sorted:
 

Trialist watch

teams i 'support' (in the turning up sense)

brentford
slough town

teams i 'follow' (ie cheer for on tv, look for results of) in order of preference...

southampton
tottenham
reading

melbourne victory
adelaide utd
newells old boys
boca juniors and
colo colo

:sorted:
Is this a wind-up? :wave:
 

Trialist watch

teams i 'support' (in the turning up sense)

brentford
slough town

teams i 'follow' (ie cheer for on tv, look for results of) in order of preference...

southampton
tottenham
reading
melbourne victory
adelaide utd
newells old boys
boca juniors and
colo colo

:sorted:


Reading ? FFS :confused:
 

Trialist watch

I agree, Fabregas has been a complete flop, and Hleb - rubbish? :confused:

lol

This Blunstone - do they have a clue about anything?

"Fabregas is not a tough tackling so and so" - yeah right. I rather have Gary Smith playing for us than Fabregas. :rolleyes:

If every team replaced like with like then Spurs would still be looking for a short arsed alcoholic who could present TV programmes on Saturday mornings alongside Ian St John and Viera would still be playing for some other team.
 

Trialist watch

Who was the number 22 for us who started the second half but came off after 20 minutes or so?

Playing in centre midfield with O Connor. Didn't seem too bad although wasn't going forwards much.

Johnson looked competant enough and Ibe looked a handful.

Think this is the info for Ibe from soccerbase here: http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=34718
 
Last edited:

Trialist watch

Who was the number 22 for us who started the second half but came off after 20 minutes or so?

Playing in centre midfield with O Connor. Didn't seem too bad although wasn't going forwards much.
It was Marcus Bean who, like Adam Newton, changed his kit at half time.
 

Trialist watch

Who was the number 22 for us who started the second half but came off after 20 minutes or so?

Playing in centre midfield with O Connor. Didn't seem too bad although wasn't going forwards much.

Johnson looked competant enough and Ibe looked a handful.

Think this is the info for Ibe from soccerbase here: http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=34718

For a 25/26 y-o doesn't have a particularly impressive footballing CV.
Thought for a moment it was a typo error and Charlie had come back:)
 

Trialist watch

Johnson and Ibe both looked good. I think I was looking at Johnson and Ibe anyway...
 

Trialist watch

Craig pead is playing for Cheltenham tonight as we gave permission for him to play
 

Trialist watch

For a 25/26 y-o doesn't have a particularly impressive footballing CV.
Thought for a moment it was a typo error and Charlie had come back:)

He played alot more than 0 games for Chelmsford and as there are no stats for his early non league career, he might turn out to be the next DJ. ;)
 

Trialist watch

Ibe scored bags of goals for Staines a few seasons back.
 

Trialist watch

Ibe scored bags of goals for Staines a few seasons back.

He scored a fair few for Chelmsford recently too. He didn't register with me on Friday as I thought he was a youth player :eek: even though he is 26, he looked a lot younger. :sorted:
 

Trialist watch

It was Marcus Bean who, like Adam Newton, changed his kit at half time.

That explains why they didn't announce who was wearing those numbers - too early in the season to recognise players without knowing the numbers
 

Trialist watch

Ibe scored bags of goals for Staines a few seasons back.

Showed some touches, but I would have thought an extra striker was low on our list of priorities, given that we have Elder, MacDonald, Connell, Ademola and Montague, and Williams can apparently play there
 

Trialist watch

Johnson and Ibe both looked good. I think I was looking at Johnson and Ibe anyway...

Johnson gave away a really clumsy penalty...
 

Trialist watch

Johnson gave away a really clumsy penalty...

Plenty of decent players have given away penalties. I wouldn't hang him for that. Penalty apart, I thought he looked pretty decent, without getting forward too much though.
 

Trialist watch

On trial in Ipswich game were Brett Johnson and Kezie Ibe.

About three years back I witnessed Ibe nut Halifax manager Chris Wilder at full time in a FA Trophy match against Halifax I think it was.
It was in fulll view of many people right on front of the dugouts

This was at Staines and the police turned up just as we were leaving the bar at closing time. I think it went to court but what happened I have no idea.
He then got a move to Yeovil I think but didn't make the grade
 

Trialist watch

Johnson gave away a really clumsy penalty...

the first touch/grab was outside the box, the linesman gave it as a penalty as the Ipswich player went on to fall in the box. Heplayed like Frampton, solid but nothing going forward, i can;t see him as a centre back though. not quick enough.
 

Trialist watch

About three years back I witnessed Ibe nut Halifax manager Chris Wilder at full time in a FA Trophy match against Halifax I think it was.

if it wasn't against Halifax then the Halifax manager deserved it for coming down to someone else's dugout
 

Trialist watch

the first touch/grab was outside the box, the linesman gave it as a penalty as the Ipswich player went on to fall in the box. Heplayed like Frampton, solid but nothing going forward, i can;t see him as a centre back though. not quick enough.

actually reminded me of frammo a bit too, although i didnt see him offering out any supporters.

point taken on the penalty, but he did another clumsy mis-kick a few minutes later within our six yard box.

bit harsh to play him out of position in a trial game, particularly given the standard of opposition. and during the second half he had absolutely no cover given the diamond formation and poole's propensity to want to play as a fifth striker...
 

Trialist watch

Also, Johnson gave the penalty away against Danny Haynes, who really is a class player who I think will go to the Prem.
 

Trialist watch

About three years back I witnessed Ibe nut Halifax manager Chris Wilder at full time in a FA Trophy match against Halifax I think it was.
It was in fulll view of many people right on front of the dugouts

This was at Staines and the police turned up just as we were leaving the bar at closing time. I think it went to court but what happened I have no idea.
He then got a move to Yeovil I think but didn't make the grade

I remember this clearly, he was found not guilty. Halifax turned up for that game in the FA Trophy and were a bunch of thugs, led by Wilder who was having a pop at every decision against him. If Ibe hadn't done it I'm sure someone else would have.
He was a good player for Staines and always looked like stepping up but hasn't really made an impression at any of the league clubs he has played for. Similar to Gavin Tomlin, lots of pace and the same could be said of Nwokeji now so will be interesting to see how he gets on at Dagenham.
 

Trialist watch

I tend to agree, but he was highly-touted at one point. I guess a little bit of luxury at this points...
 

Trialist watch

I remember this clearly, he was found not guilty. Halifax turned up for that game in the FA Trophy and were a bunch of thugs, led by Wilder who was having a pop at every decision against him. If Ibe hadn't done it I'm sure someone else would have.
He was a good player for Staines and always looked like stepping up but hasn't really made an impression at any of the league clubs he has played for. Similar to Gavin Tomlin, lots of pace and the same could be said of Nwokeji now so will be interesting to see how he gets on at Dagenham.

I kept tellng people last season that Nwokeji was worth a look considering our lack of goals, however he was off target way too often when it came to the big games against Stockport and AFC Wimbledon and that is when it counts.
Staines should have buried The Wombles but he was more guilty than most on the day .
 

Trialist watch

I kept tellng people last season that Nwokeji was worth a look considering our lack of goals, however he was off target way too often when it came to the big games against Stockport and AFC Wimbledon and that is when it counts.
Staines should have buried The Wombles but he was more guilty than most on the day .

I thought the ref was more guilty than anyone else.
 

Trialist watch

It was Marcus Bean who, like Adam Newton, changed his kit at half time.

Ahh that explains that then. Looked like he was bald in the second half though where as had a mohawk thing in first half. Could've been cus it was wet though :confused:
 

Trialist watch

any idea who justin able is ? played v bromley.
 

Trialist watch

What about that Sunday bloke and dos santos??

Apologies if it has been mentioned elsewhere but Sunday played for us (Colchester) in our first pre-season game tonight and scored.
 

Trialist watch

Not yet!

The game was our first, so away from home. The club moves to the new ground tomorrow and the first game there is August 4th against Athletic Bilbao :D
 

Trialist watch

Not yet!

The game was our first, so away from home. The club moves to the new ground tomorrow and the first game there is August 4th against Athletic Bilbao :D

Nice game to open the ground against :cool:

Good luck for the first season there :sorted:
 

Trialist watch

Not yet!

The game was our first, so away from home. The club moves to the new ground tomorrow and the first game there is August 4th against Athletic Bilbao :D



I've always had a soft spot for Colchester Utd. In fact there near the bottom of my hate list., except when you play the mighty Bees. Good luck in your new ground in the comming season.:sorted:
 
Back
Top Bottom