UEFA Pro Licence

Paulo Bee

I like a man who grins when he fights...
Joined
10 May 2002
Messages
2,340
Reaction score
42
Location
Houses of Parliament

UEFA Pro Licence

Anyone on here have one?:sorted: :fishing:
 

UEFA Pro Licence

:D

Yes, Martin Allen (a GPG'er) has but i don't think ROB has got one. :fishing: There's a few other members that read this that have a UEFA A Licence also.
 

UEFA Pro Licence

:D

Yes, Martin Allen (a MUG :D ) has but i don't think ROB has got one. :fishing: There's a few other members that read this that have a UEFA A Licence also.

I refer you to post 44 in the Paul Ince thread

:wave:
 

UEFA Pro Licence

:D

Yes, Martin Allen (a GPG'er) has but i don't think ROB has got one. :fishing: There's a few other members that read this that have a UEFA A Licence also.

You might also want to check with Martin that he has a UEFA PRO Licence!:nono:
 

UEFA Pro Licence

You might also want to check with Martin that he has a UEFA PRO Licence!:nono:

actually dont bother, and here is at least two reasons why not too....

To take the Pro license you have to have the 'A' badge, be a current manager or head coach, or have at least 10 years coaching experience. It is a one-year commitment with two residency periods and includes one study visit. Last year we took our coaches to Inter Milan for a study visit. Steve McClaren, Stuart Pearce, Iain Dowie, Lawrie Sanchez, Alan Pardew and Gordon Strachan have all got the Pro License. Last year, Sam Allardyce and Bryan Robson graduated with it


:D
 

UEFA Pro Licence

:D

Yes, Martin Allen (a GPG'er) has but i don't think ROB has got one. :fishing: There's a few other members that read this that have a UEFA A Licence also.

are you sure about this?

The best analogy for the 'A' license is that it is your degree, a bit like getting an MBA in coaching. It makes you very employable. It is a two-year commitment, tailored to professionals in the game. You can only get it by working with a national FA. It is divided into two parts, based around two-week summer sessions held twice at the national centre in Lilleshall, with distance learning and support sessions the rest of the year. It operates on a pass-fail basis.
 

UEFA Pro Licence

are you sure about this?

The best analogy for the 'A' license is that it is your degree, a bit like getting an MBA in coaching. It makes you very employable. It is a two-year commitment, tailored to professionals in the game. You can only get it by working with a national FA. It is divided into two parts, based around two-week summer sessions held twice at the national centre in Lilleshall, with distance learning and support sessions the rest of the year. It operates on a pass-fail basis.

Been busy with Google again ROB?
 

UEFA Pro Licence

Last year we took our coaches to Inter Milan for a study visit. Steve McClaren, Stuart Pearce, Iain Dowie, Lawrie Sanchez, Alan Pardew and Gordon Strachan have all got the Pro License. Last year, Sam Allardyce and Bryan Robson graduated with it


:D

"Last year we" - so you work for the FA National Coaching schools? :confused:
 

UEFA Pro Licence

actually dont bother, and here is at least two reasons why not too....

To take the Pro license you have to have the 'A' badge, be a current manager or head coach, or have at least 10 years coaching experience. It is a one-year commitment with two residency periods and includes one study visit. Last year we took our coaches to Inter Milan for a study visit. Steve McClaren, Stuart Pearce, Iain Dowie, Lawrie Sanchez, Alan Pardew and Gordon Strachan have all got the Pro License. Last year, Sam Allardyce and Bryan Robson graduated with it


:D

Wikipedia is great!

A tool for a tool!!!:sorted:

Have you got your licence yet ROB aka The NEW Arsene Wenger?lol
 

UEFA Pro Licence

ROB,

What badge do you have? I would imagine you are Level 3 at least;)

Going by his "we took" suggests that he runs the FA and the Princess Royal. :rolleyes:
 

UEFA Pro Licence

All details of courses can be found on www.thefa.com.
A level 3 coaching course costs £1200

A EUFA B course costs £3883
A EUFA A course costs around £7000
A EUFA PRO licence course costs £7102

followed your link but it says level 3 and uefa B are on the same level which is how I understood it to be. This is taken from the FA link.

"THE FOUR STEPS TO BECOMING A TOP COACH

Coaching Level 1 > Coaching Level 2 > Coaching Level 3 (UEFA 'B') > UEFA 'A' Licence"
 

UEFA Pro Licence

actually dont bother, and here is at least two reasons why not too....

To take the Pro license you have to have the 'A' badge, be a current manager or head coach, or have at least 10 years coaching experience. It is a one-year commitment with two residency periods and includes one study visit. Last year we took our coaches to Inter Milan for a study visit. Steve McClaren, Stuart Pearce, Iain Dowie, Lawrie Sanchez, Alan Pardew and Gordon Strachan have all got the Pro License. Last year, Sam Allardyce and Bryan Robson graduated with it

:D


WRONG

this is the criteria.
http://falearning.thefa.com/docent/bin/docentisapi.dll/lms,thunder,2151/?CMD=LOGIN&file=frameset.jsm

UEFA Pro Licence

For Whom

To gain a place on the UEFA Pro-Licence, applicants must meet the stated criteria detailed below:

Applicants must hold a current FA Advanced Coaching Licence / UEFA A Award, or equivalent, with priority given to applicants holding the English FA Award.
Applicants from outside the UK must hold the current A Licence equivalent award of that country with priority given to holders of The FA Advanced Coaching Licence / UEFA A Coaching Award.
All applicants must have experience in the professional game (or women?s equivalent) at senior level as a player-coach, coach, assistant manager or manager.
Priority will be given to applicants who have significant coaching experience with senior players.

i only know of one person who has this, he coached the Middlesex FA Rep side and was put through this course by the FA. He only reached semi pro though. He earned his badges through the MCFA.
 
Last edited:

UEFA Pro Licence

read post 45 in the paul ince thread then slim!
:wave:

points scored, not a wise move IMHO !!!!

Paulo is a more formidable opponent that Trevor, in the rumbling stakes ROB !!!
 

UEFA Pro Licence

points scored, not a wise move IMHO !!!!

Paulo is a more formidable opponent that Trevor, in the rumbling stakes ROB !!!

Damn, just realised, I fell into my own trap, and appeared to have scored a point against R.O.B. / Banana

sorry :banghead:
 

UEFA Pro Licence

Bee4ever said:
What FA Coaching Qualifications do GPGers have ?

Just interested that's all.
Truthful answers please

level 2
 

UEFA Pro Licence

I have sweet FA coaching qualifications if that helps :) :wave:
 

UEFA Pro Licence

I have Level 2.

What do you reckon the coaching mentor (ROB) of the CPG has?
Prettiest Barmaid 1997 (Southern Region)
 

UEFA Pro Licence

I passed my first4sport coaching soccer level one 5 years ago.
For various reasons I decided not to go for level 2 but I do know what is involved and I would say well done to anyone who has achieved this qualification.
I have just passed the FA online level one course in football pyschology.I found this course to be useful in re-evaluating the way I coached.It is also a stepping stone to a level 2 psychology course which is residential and costs £383.
I would recommend that anyone who coaches kids (especially mini soccer age groups) to consider this level one course.It costs £57.:wave:
 

UEFA Pro Licence

I passed my first4sport coaching soccer level one 5 years ago.
For various reasons I decided not to go for level 2 but I do know what is involved and I would say well done to anyone who has achieved this qualification.
I have just passed the FA online level one course in football pyschology.I found this course to be useful in re-evaluating the way I coached.It is also a stepping stone to a level 2 psychology course which is residential and costs £383.
I would recommend that anyone who coaches kids (especially mini soccer age groups) to consider this level one course.It costs £57.:wave:

I have also done the psychology level 1 and found it very useful. I would recommend this more so than the standard level 1.

I reckon I know enough to try for my level 3. But would rather use my leave to go on holiday.

I have learned more working with good experienced youth coaches than any FA course.
 

UEFA Pro Licence

lapsed level 1

but I am a qualified swimming coach
 

UEFA Pro Licence

I have also done the psychology level 1 and found it very useful. I would recommend this more so than the standard level 1.

I reckon I know enough to try for my level 3. But would rather use my leave to go on holiday.

I have learned more working with good experienced youth coaches than any FA course.

I agree with all that.
Whilst being useful, the FA courses are a bit "perfect world" scenario and those of us with years of experience coaching kids football know that this perfect world just dooesn't exist.
For example, the course says that kids aged 7 to 9 just play football for fun,to be with their mates and get muddy and winning is not a consideration.

I asked my 7 year old nephew why he played...His reply.. " to win medals ! ! !"
 

UEFA Pro Licence

I have Level 2.

What do you reckon the coaching mentor (ROB) of the CPG has?

I did my prelim and intermediate badges twenty years ago and coached and managed teams until six years ago whilst still attempting to play a bit.
The new system confused me a bit. I think I was allowed to complete Level 3 with part of the work done if I completed the new part ie I had not previously done 60 hours of approved coaching as part of a coaching course. So at the start of Sept 06, after the first of two ankle operations, I started coaching again at under 17 level. The club were going to put me through the relevant course applicable to me at the end of May 07.
In between I took over the PR and although I finished the season my time was being eaten into, at a time when MRS ROB and I were trying for our first child. The ankles were not holding up well and I am still waiting to have the second op on my right ankle which goes occasionally.
The coaching fell by the wayside as a result, I now run the PR full time but more importantly I have a beautiful daughter, Erin.

No points for answering but you would just have gone on baiting me had I not replied.
 

UEFA Pro Licence


The story is interesting.It is,however,two and a half years old.

It is incorrect when it states that a level one qualification can be obtained in 24 hours. when I took mine 5 years ago it involved an evening(about 2 hours) learning basic first aid.Another evening (about 3 hours) at a Child Protection Workshop.The practical test was done over a weekend.All day Saturday was spent learning various approved training drills.Saturday evening was spent revising these drills as you were to be tested on a random one next day.
All day Sunday was spent doing the drill that the examiner had selected for you and being assessed on it.Then you and other course members role played
the drills whilst each candidate was assessed.When that was finished a written exam was taken.
I'm sure that there are plenty of "level ones" on GPG who will confirm this.
 

UEFA Pro Licence

The story is interesting.It is,however,two and a half years old.

It is incorrect when it states that a level one qualification can be obtained in 24 hours. when I took mine 5 years ago it involved an evening(about 2 hours) learning basic first aid.Another evening (about 3 hours) at a Child Protection Workshop.The practical test was done over a weekend.All day Saturday was spent learning various approved training drills.Saturday evening was spent revising these drills as you were to be tested on a random one next day.
All day Sunday was spent doing the drill that the examiner had selected for you and being assessed on it.Then you and other course members role played
the drills whilst each candidate was assessed.When that was finished a written exam was taken.
I'm sure that there are plenty of "level ones" on GPG who will confirm this.

You are right, but my understanding of it was that the total time of all the evening sessions and practical sessions was around 24 hours, not neccesarily all in the same day.
 

UEFA Pro Licence

You are right, but my understanding of it was that the total time of all the evening sessions and practical sessions was around 24 hours, not neccesarily all in the same day.

That's would be my understanding too.
 

UEFA Pro Licence

The story is interesting.It is,however,two and a half years old.

It is incorrect when it states that a level one qualification can be obtained in 24 hours. when I took mine 5 years ago it involved an evening(about 2 hours) learning basic first aid.Another evening (about 3 hours) at a Child Protection Workshop.The practical test was done over a weekend.All day Saturday was spent learning various approved training drills.Saturday evening was spent revising these drills as you were to be tested on a random one next day.
All day Sunday was spent doing the drill that the examiner had selected for you and being assessed on it.Then you and other course members role played
the drills whilst each candidate was assessed.When that was finished a written exam was taken.
I'm sure that there are plenty of "level ones" on GPG who will confirm this.


Mine was the same as above done over a week which comprised of the following

Sat 9-6 Going through all the drill routines - homework was how you would set out your drill the following day.

Sun 9-5 - Dry run on the above and some classroom theory

Wed Evening- First Aid

Thursday Evening - Child Protection

Sat - 9-6 Assessment by Examiner

Noel Blackwell brother of Kevin took my course......:rolleyes:
 
Back
Top Bottom