Wally D's frustrations

Trandy

Active member
Joined
5 Apr 2000
Messages
3,720
Reaction score
27
Location
Perth, Australia

Wally D's frustrations

Eddie Hutch is a little bit dazed and confused, but then so am I! They tried to give him a couple of minutes to come around, but I think he’ll be Ok for Tuesday.

I could have started with Hunty, but if I did and he felt no good, that would have put him back for a longer period. He should definitely be OK for Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday.

I think it made a difference that they didn’t have a game during midweek. We have been playing Tuesday, Saturday for a while now – it was reflected in our performance today. We didn’t look sharp, and didn’t get off to a good start, so consequently we were chasing the game from the off.

Surprising us missing chances! It is now starting to worry me. We are in a reasonable position in the league, if we had scored a few more goals, we would be in a much healthier position to push on. Goals win you games. Today we were lethargic, but still took the game to them in the second half. We created a couple of decent chances, but just couldn’t put them away. Hugheys 5 yards out couldn’t score. The ball drops to Mark 8 yards out and he miss kicks it. The quality of striker at this club has to be improved. Vine is our top scorer and the rest aren’t scoring enough. They know that, we know that.

Viney is a good sub. He comes on and changes games. He has been on the Saturday/Tuesday routine and he is a young fellow. It’s a big game on Tuesday. Leon was back fit, and I wanted to look at him and Mark together. Vine needed a break.

We were on a little roll of accumulating points, but not playing that well. We got away with it on Tuesday night, after a poor first half. I was hoping today we could go in there with our heads high. They were tired today – they didn’t get off to the start I expected them too. The heavier pitch, and they were slightly fresher than us.

The season isn’t over – they are points still to play for. If we win every game, and other clubs wobble, we can get in the play offs.

We are young and energetic. If we are not playing at a high tempo, we are not effective. They can’t ask for a week off – they just have to get out there and roll their sleeves up.

Lee Fieldwick has done well. He has come in there and has done the simple things and not looked overawed. He can be proud of his performances.

Framps and Evans may possibly be back for Tuesday – I doubt it for Jamie Fullarton.

The players looked weary today. I could tell from the off. They normally have a spark in their eyes. They weren’t as fired up as normal. We needed to get a goal a bit lively, after we gave them the silly one from the set piece. They are an experienced team. Once they get in a position like that, they killed the game off. We need to score with about 20 mins to go, to setup the barn storming finish. They nice thing is, they carried on going till the end. It was a defender that got the goal. They have defended really well at home this season. Once they let one in, the pressure is on, as we have struggled to score more than two in a game. The confidence levels were low.

Its easier to play at two down. The pressure is off. Your virtually beat as it is, so the shackles come off and you can give it a real go. That’s the attitude and the mindset to get going.
 

Wally D's frustrations

Surprised there was no a greater mention of Leon.

Thought that he 'coupled up' well with Rowan, and generally
had a good game showing some of the touches we have been missing.

The more I see of him the more I think that Marky Mac is a midfielder who has the potential to hold the ball up but is f*ck all use in front of goal. (A good goal against Huddersfield does NOT qualify him as a striker).
 

Wally D's frustrations

a midfielder?????

are you on drugs????

I am not saying he is a striker, but he is also not a midlfielder!!

Will Willo ever get another game???
 

Wally D's frustrations

parachute said:
a midfielder?????

are you on drugs????

I am not saying he is a striker, but he is also not a midlfielder!!

Will Willo ever get another game???

Yes, potentially he has more to offer here than up front: height and 'big lump' 'intimidation' factor etc.

No.

Then why play him at all?

Based on his last outings, only if we have chronic injury problems, which is sad but a fact of life.
 
Last edited:

Wally D's frustrations

parachute said:
a midfielder?????

are you on drugs????

I am not saying he is a striker, but he is also not a midlfielder!!

Will Willo ever get another game???

When he does drift out wide he has tremendous pace, I think it could work as long as we have a target man (ie. Leon) to play alongside Viney
 

Wally D's frustrations

parachute said:
a midfielder?????

are you on drugs????

I am not saying he is a striker, but he is also not a midlfielder!!

Will Willo ever get another game???

I hope not. :nono: He's not even as good as Marky Mac and probably couldn't score to save his life.

I'd rather pick Leon any day ahead of him. He seemed to improve as the game went on yesterday!:)
 

Wally D's frustrations

Could McCammon be used in an Iffy Onuora or however you spell it way like Huddersfiled used to use him? I doubt it, but possible. McCammon does good things, but normally they are 35 yards from the goal.

Re-Williams I think he may well be released.
 

Wally D's frustrations

Really rated Willo will be sad to see him go if it happens.
 

Wally D's frustrations

Hands up if it worried you before this weekend!
:wave:

Trandy said:

Surprising us missing chances! It is now starting to worry me.
 

Wally D's frustrations

I used to really like Williams, but from what I've seen this season, he just hasn't developed in the same way as some of our other youngsters. :(
 

Wally D's frustrations

Trandy said:
I doubt it.

oh dear :(

is it really that bad between him and Wally?
 

Wally D's frustrations

When will the truth about Rowly come out? Or will he just be released in the Summer and go back to painting and decorating? Hope not :(
 

Wally D's frustrations

Dan the Bee said:
oh dear :(

is it really that bad between him and Wally?

Well, allegedly he was describing Wally with a 4 letter c word in the tunnel to his mate on a mobile last Saturday. This may just be gossip tho.

With injuries, he maybe back...
 

Wally D's frustrations

Trandy said:
Well, allegedly he was describing Wally with a 4 letter c word in the tunnel to his mate on a mobile last Saturday. This may just be gossip tho.

With injuries, he maybe back...

BLIMEY, IT MUST BE BAD THEN.

Stupid shame as Id far rather Rowlands starts than Stephen "Me, a footballer:confused: ??" Hughes.

But if the feelings are really bad we know that the boss has to come out on top dont we:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

Wally D's frustrations

Trandy said:
Well, allegedly he was describing Wally with a 4 letter c word in the tunnel to his mate on a mobile last Saturday...

He might have been talking about you Rob...as in "Aw F@ck me, here's that ---- Trandy after a quote":D :D
 
Back
Top Bottom