Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

I just don't want to be sat in front of some happy clapping, prawn sandwich eater like the last time. Getting seats in the lower tier this time.

This is the dilemma I'm having (and I imagine many others) last time the bloke in front of me kept berating Kev, Kev wasn't playing at the time...the bloke he was moaning at was Robbie Neilson. The people around didn't appear to have ever been to Brentford before. I will soak up the atmosphere and song some songs in the Green Man before as the atmosphere will be non existent in the ground sadly.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Supporters have to realise there are others who cannot stand for 90 minutes for any number of reasons. Why should their enjoyment be ruined by a group of selfish people with no regard for who is sat behind them? I agree there should be areas where supporters can stand if they wish, but like wise there should be areas where people can sit if they choose. That doesnt make them any less of a supporter.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Do you have a choice when booking of upper or lower tier? Some categories have tickets on both
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

I have gone in the family area so I am hopefully behind a kid. :cool:
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Supporters have to realise there are others who cannot stand for 90 minutes for any number of reasons. Why should their enjoyment be ruined by a group of selfish people with no regard for who is sat behind them? I agree there should be areas where supporters can stand if they wish, but like wise there should be areas where people can sit if they choose. That doesnt make them any less of a supporter.

i know a few people who probably won't be going because of this. I'm considering taking my 10 year old daughter and the last thing i want is drunken louts swearing and blocking her view.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

i know a few people who probably won't be going because of this. I'm considering taking my 10 year old daughter and the last thing i want is drunken louts swearing and blocking her view.

Make sure that westwing , Womble and Ben One Shoe are not in front of her.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

I thought I was going to a Wembley Cup Final to get behind Brentford to sing and chant and shout and get behind the team and get us into the bloomin Championship to wipe the memory of Ashton Gate in 93, Birmingham & Huddersfield in 95, Jamie Cureton, Stoke in the Millennium, and Doncaster last week. We all have our part to play to help the team. The way some people are carrying on you would think they would be happier going to Legoland for the day.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Supporters have to realise there are others who cannot stand for 90 minutes for any number of reasons. Why should their enjoyment be ruined by a group of selfish people with no regard for who is sat behind them? I agree there should be areas where supporters can stand if they wish, but like wise there should be areas where people can sit if they choose. That doesnt make them any less of a supporter.

The answer is simple. Those wishing to sit down, for whatever reason, should not buy tickets in a so-called 'singing section'.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Just booked seven tickets in the singing section with no fuss at all. COYR
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

i know a few people who probably won't be going because of this. I'm considering taking my 10 year old daughter and the last thing i want is drunken louts swearing and blocking her view.

We can take your daughter and protect her from the likes of you ;)
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

lol nice one boscombe. I want my boy to see so have bought tickets in the "family section" sensible.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Supporters have to realise there are others who cannot stand for 90 minutes for any number of reasons. Why should their enjoyment be ruined by a group of selfish people with no regard for who is sat behind them? I agree there should be areas where supporters can stand if they wish, but like wise there should be areas where people can sit if they choose. That doesnt make them any less of a supporter.
Agree entirely - and I say that as someone who ALWAYS chooses to stand on Ealing Road over a seat elsewhere.

Also, standing severely inconveniences kids who can't see past adults, even when they (kids) stand. I was at the Donny game with two 14 y.o. lads (one of them quite short) and they were delighted to be able to get down to the front of the ER terrace.

And having to buy a Family Group of 4 tkts in the Axbey for Swindon, although we were in Row C, they soon hopped forward to some unoccupied seats at the very front (Row A).
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

The answer is simple. Those wishing to sit down, for whatever reason, should not buy tickets in a so-called 'singing section'.

loads didn't bother singing in that section 2 years ago neither..
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

The answer is simple. Those wishing to sit down, for whatever reason, should not buy tickets in a so-called 'singing section'.

it is possible to sit and sing, if anything its easier :yes:
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Bit disappointed that I can't take my 2 year old daughter as Wembley operate a strict "No babes in arms" policy....their loss! :mad2:
Why were you even considering taking a 2 y.o.? At that age, kids simply cannot comprehend what's going on, so she'll experience no "loss" there.

And as for her being able to say* in years to come that "I was at Wembley in 2013 when the Bees gained promotion etc", the fact is, she won't even remember whether she was or not, so you can just tell her she was!

That way, you save the cost of the ticket and the hassle of looking after her, while she'll be blissfully unaware.


* - That's assuming she's even interested in football by then...
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

I know its also the last day of the premership on 19 may but i cant help but wonder how many london based man city fans are coming to support Uwe.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Reading this thread we look like a bunch of whinging gits, we've just got through to the biggest game in 21 years and we're bickering about standing or sitting. It's embarrassing chaps, shouty boys try not to swear and sing too loudly if you find yourself in the "sleeping area" next to someone wrapped in a blanket and obviously trying to have a kip. Likewise if all 30K tickets go and you old'uns get trampled in the rush or had a senile moment and thought you'd already purchased a ticket so end up with what's left in the "Aggro zone", don't start attacking those singing with your rattles or defacing their rosettes.

FFS, let common sense prevail and we'll all have a bloody good day out.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Why is this bigger than our other glorious play off final failures out of interest :computer:
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

I was just looking at the Yeovil site compared to ours. Ours http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/documents/brentford-play-off-final-2013-sales-strategy277-809866.pdf shows front row behind the goal at £30 then £40 going back to £52 at the back of the bottom tier. But theirs http://www.ytfc.net/news/article/ticket-prices-070513-810411.aspx seems to be £40 at the front and £52 behind, with only the cheap tickets on the upper tier.

Am I reading that right that ours seem to be cheaper?!

I can't sodding well see the plan as the writing is too small. looking at other plans I want to sit in 124 or 125. Every time I have ever been to brentford in a final I get stuck in a rotten seat above the corner flag, I want to be nearer the half way line this time. I expect if I pick the block I will still randomly end up in the front row unable to see anything wishing I had saved £100 and just gone behind the goal.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Why were you even considering taking a 2 y.o.? At that age, kids simply cannot comprehend what's going on, so she'll experience no "loss" there.

And as for her being able to say* in years to come that "I was at Wembley in 2013 when the Bees gained promotion etc", the fact is, she won't even remember whether she was or not, so you can just tell her she was!

That way, you save the cost of the ticket and the hassle of looking after her, while she'll be blissfully unaware.


* - That's assuming she's even interested in football by then...

Yes agreed, Just give yourself a chance to watch the game. Trust me if you take a 2 year old you will spend most of the game with them distracting you with constant talking and then from 20 minutes onwards they will be asking to go home. You will spend the whole game convincing them to stay, I even find my 9 year old a distraction as my emotions go up and down like a schitzo and he is constantly tugging my arm to ask questions, make pointless comments or just to say anything really and I wind up getting short with him..."please, this is getting really tense, can you just try to watch the game for 5 minutes without talking" was the exact words I used versus donny when the injury time went up. It lasted about 20 seconds then he was off again.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Why were you even considering taking a 2 y.o.? At that age, kids simply cannot comprehend what's going on, so she'll experience no "loss" there.

And as for her being able to say* in years to come that "I was at Wembley in 2013 when the Bees gained promotion etc", the fact is, she won't even remember whether she was or not, so you can just tell her she was!

That way, you save the cost of the ticket and the hassle of looking after her, while she'll be blissfully unaware.


* - That's assuming she's even interested in football by then...

Fair Point!
emot-suicide.gif
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Because it is now and not 5 years ago?

Don't understand your logic. I think it is our joint biggest game in 21 years. Along with Stoke & Crewe.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Why is this bigger than our other glorious play off final failures out of interest :computer:

Tired and emotional and I'm getting my dates mixed up, I mean the biggest game since Stoke, 11 years ago?
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

I concur :thetruth:
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Don't understand your logic. I think it is our joint biggest game in 21 years. Along with Stoke & Crewe.

:imwith:

Although, this is the best set up since 91/92, as 96/97 and 01/02 we knew the team was being ripped apart. This squad is already signed up for one more season.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Tired and emotional and I'm getting my dates mixed up, I mean the biggest game since Stoke, 11 years ago?

I thought only women got 'tired and emotional'. So are you or are you not a pregnant lady? Mixing dates up too. :grey:

;)
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

There is a designated family section too so all those with children and elderly can sit in those sections and avoid us drunken louts lol I just dont want it to be like the JPT it was dead in the ground. Annoyed me more that losing being told to sit and be quiet by families and elderly who had brought tickets in the 'singing section'
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

I thought only women got 'tired and emotional'. So are you or are you not a pregnant lady? Mixing dates up too. :grey:

;)

Last time I checked all man but have used "tired and emotional" as an excuse when in trouble with the wife or the law as an excuse since my 20's. Before that I tried"all part of growing up"
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Buy late if you want to be with the great unwashed
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

There is a designated family section too so all those with children and elderly can sit in those sections and avoid us drunken louts lol I just dont want it to be like the JPT it was dead in the ground. Annoyed me more that losing being told to sit and be quiet by families and elderly who had brought tickets in the 'singing section'
I can tell you for a fact that there are going to be at least two senior singing louts in the singing section who don't like sitting at football matches. When Lionel Road is built I hope that we can incorporate a standing area.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Are people not able to sit and be noisy?

Just saying....
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

will the green man be our pub this time ?
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

There is a designated family section too so all those with children and elderly can sit in those sections and avoid us drunken louts lol I just dont want it to be like the JPT it was dead in the ground. Annoyed me more that losing being told to sit and be quiet by families and elderly who had brought tickets in the 'singing section'

Couldn't agree more.
There's nothing worse than going to a game and end up surrounded by quiet supporters. If you don't want to vocally support the team then perhaps you shouldn't go. I would prefer 10000 vocal fans than 30000 polite applauders.This team deserve EVERY one going to shout encouragement for the whole game.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Couldn't agree more.
There's nothing worse than going to a game and end up surrounded by quiet supporters. If you don't want to vocally support the team then perhaps you shouldn't go. I would prefer 10000 vocal fans than 30000 polite applauders.This team deserve EVERY one going to shout encouragement for the whole game.

The thought of 30,000 bees fans being outsung by 20,000 farmers make me feel sick.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Wembley Central to avoid the crowds

Much Better
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

So, how on Earth can I get 10 together. :( I can buy 10 but can't see how they can be together.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

i know a few people who probably won't be going because of this. I'm considering taking my 10 year old daughter and the last thing i want is drunken louts swearing and blocking her view.
Take her in the family area - there will be loads of other kids and she'll have a great time. 'drunken louts' won't be interested in being there, and they would be well and truly outnumbered by parents, grandparents, kids, stewards etc, so even if it were to happen, they would not last any time, before they are escorted out, much to the amusement of your daughter and the other kids.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

So, how on Earth can I get 10 together. :( I can buy 10 but can't see how they can be together.

Seem to remember to do this for JPT trophy I had to get tickets with another season ticket holder and we went to the counter together at GP.
What are the prices being quoted Adult and Senior?
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Will people stop worrying about fans standing and spoiling their day. Despite all the 'I'm going to stand away at Chelsea no matter what' posts on here, it didn't happen. Our fans were pretty considerate and respectful. In any event, in my experience, kids actually like seeing grown adults shouting and misbehaving a bit, which is not going to happen in the family area. Anyway, my son has enjoyed seeing the odd guy bundled out of GP over the years by the stewards, and if they are kicking up a fuss in the process, that makes it even more amusing. Go in the family area, if you've got kids and you'll experience a decent atmosphere and just enjoy the day.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

Thursday, surely

Possibly. I'm hoping that I can do it if I'm a personal caller tomorrow as I'm due in London for a meeting so can stop at Brentford.
 

Wembley Ticket Update Thread

I bought 8 tickets through ticket zone today.
A friendly and quick service, the lady helped me find the best seats
in the area near to where we wanted.

All the tickets in the cheap 30 quid singing area had gone along with the
30 quid blocks beside them.

I managed to get 4 cheapo tickets for the teenagers and 4 further back in the 40 quid section for us oldies:sorted:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom