what shall we bring back?

what shall we bring back?

In no particular order...

1. The old badge - get rid of that current crappy thing
2. The Royal Oak
3. The Hounslow Mentals
 

what shall we bring back?

Patches.

'Brentford Supermen' and one shaped like a can of Coke.

Can't remember any others. They used to be displayed in a tatty cardboard box:cool: on the counter, in the old club shop.
They were really, really cheap (couldn't give 'em away), around 10p each, but I only ever bought the 'Supermen' one. I think it's lost now.:(

Les Beeavinu said:
Large plastic Bees for our promotion party.
Brentford St. George burst my inflatable Bee. :rolleyes::nono: :mad1: It had survived until 1992.:cry:

Oh, how depressing.:(
 

what shall we bring back?

....Babettes....................grown up version...............
 

what shall we bring back?

what shall we bring back?

According to '100 Years of Brentford', it was only in 1925-26 that "the now familiar red and white stripes made their debut replacing the drab white shirts and black shorts which had been the club colours for the previous five years". The original colours in 1889 were apparently a very fetching "salmon, claret and light blue", supposedly because these were the colours of Brentford Rowing Club whose members founded the Bees; more likely that evening's dinner menu at the Oxford & Cambridge public house back in the 1880s. I think Toffs has also done a "replica" green with yellow stripes from the 1900s.

More salmon and claret please.:sorted:
 

what shall we bring back?

what about the shirt from the season we did not lose at home:idea:
 

what shall we bring back?

winning ways :cry:
 

what shall we bring back?

thought this club shop manager was the dogs bollox at customer service, didnt reply to my email.......
 

what shall we bring back?

King Bee said:
I went to Percy's funeral - what a send off with the players acting as pall bearers (Kevin Dearden looked so out of breath!). Now there was someone who was Brentford through and through...




.....who?........Dearden!!!!!!!!????????????????


I thought he was Brentford through thick and thicker
 

what shall we bring back?

How about Chomp bars?
 

what shall we bring back?

http://www.brentfordfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10421~808995,00.html

0,,10421~2883812,00.jpg


92/93 it is then.
 

what shall we bring back?

Still got my original of that shirt - one of the few I bought in the past.

My little white poppers have gone though - Definitely getting one of these!!

I also like the way KLM have let us use their log for free! (they can use mine for free any day)! :)
 

what shall we bring back?

didi said:
what about the shirt from the season we did not lose at home:idea:

Why not have a retro version of this shirt? I've always liked the 30s shirts although they never seem to have medium size when I go in the shop. A nice reminder of the days when we were the dogs bolox.
 

what shall we bring back?

Can we bring back hanging for those that stand in Aisle's at games when there is no where to sit as the opposition didn't think we would bring that many fans. :D
We could also hang them for tampering with taped area and sitting in empty seats even if the stewards were ok with it. :sorted:
 

what shall we bring back?

i'll be getting that shirt.

I'd like to have a copy of the game at home v Bradford, in about 1994 1995 or 1996.

We won 4-3, my patchy memory recalls us going 0-1 1-2 and 2-3 down, of course equalising each time, then Forster scoring the winner at Ealing Rd end, low in the corner from a cross, great game.
 

what shall we bring back?

wrong shirt should have been the shirt 4 years before with thin stripes
 

what shall we bring back?

Should have been 77-78 when you weren't able to easily get replica shirts. A lot of people are already going to have this one - I'm sure an old 70's one would have sold better for the club.
 

what shall we bring back?

can anyone find a picture of the shirt im on about, was when we had sinton very tiny white, black and red stripes still sponsored by klm
 

what shall we bring back?

thats the shirt that should have been brought back

btw what is bees on the box?
 
Last edited:

what shall we bring back?

hot burgers on matchdays:banghead:
 

what shall we bring back?

Buckets of Victoria Bitters for 6 quid a pop


erm, you lot did go and see the Bronco's...right?
 

what shall we bring back?

hanworthbee said:
thats the shirt that should have been brought back

btw what is bees on the box?

A video of our 'greatest TV moments' of the 1970's and early 80's - in other words, all of the few occasions that we were actually featured on the Big Match in that time - extended highlights of games at home to Aldershot (early 70's), Watford (the 3-3 draw in 78/9 that was probably the match of the decade), Sheff Wed the following year (Andy McCulloch playing against us :nono: ) and, briefly, a win at Walsall in about 1980 (Terry Hurlocks debut?)

Absolutely essential viewing. :sorted:
 

what shall we bring back?

cjcjcj said:
I also like the way KLM have let us use their log for free!
Surely it's "we've let KLM put their logo on our shirt for free"?
I'd like the shirt better without the logo.
 

what shall we bring back?

I Predict A Riot said:
I would have thought the two arrows on either sleeve are Hummel's copyright as well. I can't see it selling that well to be honest.
 

what shall we bring back?

I Predict A Riot said:

:imwith: what a beautiful piece of history:sorted:

why cant that be our shirt for next year...!!!
 

what shall we bring back?

markbfc said:
I would have thought the two arrows on either sleeve are Hummel's copyright as well. I can't see it selling that well to be honest.

:imwith: But to be fair it was done as a vote so no other option I suppose. At least it'll be another range for the shop to sell and as it's an old shirt it can stay in the shop until all the stock gets sold.
 

what shall we bring back?

Simon C said:
:imwith: But to be fair it was done as a vote so no other option I suppose. At least it'll be another range for the shop to sell and as it's an old shirt it can stay in the shop until all the stock gets sold.
Fair point, would have prefered the Bukta kit from 1978 though...
 

what shall we bring back?

markbfc said:
Fair point, would have prefered the Bukta kit from 1978 though...

The more people buy this one the more chance of a second one. Photo?
 

what shall we bring back?

Surely the 1991/92 home or away shirt(Light blue Dark blue strips)would of sold better:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
 

what shall we bring back?

I don't think any away shirts would have been that popular.
 

what shall we bring back?

Simon C said:
I don't think any away shirts would have been that popular.

Most likely. A small run of replica away shirts from 91/92 or 92/93 (both were :love2:) would sell I'm sure.

Quite a few Bees fans will still own the 92/93 shirt though (Probably most of the GPG), and sales will be affected accordingly.

Still a bloody good idea though. :sorted:
 

what shall we bring back?

wonder if it will be made of the same original material or will be a copy in todays crap thin rubbish
 

what shall we bring back?

hanworthbee said:
wonder if it will be made of the same original material or will be a copy in todays crap thin rubbish

The original shirt looked nice but it was very poorly made. Severe nipple burn when I actually played football in it (is that what they're for?) Always had to wear a t-shirt.
 
Back
Top Bottom