When Everyone's Fit

Westlad

Active member
Joined
15 Sep 2005
Messages
6,513
Reaction score
539

When Everyone's Fit

What line-up should we have?

Nelson

Kev Sodje Turner Frampton

Tabb Pratley Newman Rankin

Rhodes :owusu:
 

When Everyone's Fit

No, I wouldnt have Rankin in the side if everyone's fit..

Nelson

KOC
Super Sam Sodje Southampton Spurner
Turner
Framps

Tabb
Pratley
Newman
Rhodes

Owusu
Willock

Subs: Bankole, Oli, Rankin, Mousinho, Brooker
 

When Everyone's Fit

Bit unsure about Willock...but will give him a chance, hope he does well
 

When Everyone's Fit

--------------Nelson-------------
--Kev----Turner--Sodje---Framps
-------Oli---Newman---Pratley---
--------------Tabb--------------
---------Owusu----Willock-------
 

When Everyone's Fit

Bush Tuckerman said:
what about Skulason?
gd ponit, would replace him for Newman
 

When Everyone's Fit

JoKeR100 said:
--------------Nelson-------------
--Kev----Turner--Sodje---Framps
-------Oli---Newman---Pratley---
--------------Tabb--------------
---------Owusu----Willock-------

That looks pretty good but where's Alex?
 

When Everyone's Fit

I think it should be

Nelson

Kev Sodje Turner Frampton

Rhodes Newman Skulason/Pratley Tabb

Owusu Willock

Subs: Rankin Gayle Tillan Fitz BigGeorge

Wat do u think bout that line up??
 

When Everyone's Fit

Think you've ducked a pretty big question there Wiggo but as Manure have just been beaten 4-3 who gives a toss? (Sorry Chairman) I think the toss-up will be between Alex, Lloyd and Callum personally. Time will tell. Could also be don to how well Oli recovers from his awful injury but then Alex did, albeit briefly. Can't remember which game it was but he so put me in mind of a Thiery Henry one game last season. Pratley, Rhodes, Skulason, Mousinho and the suddenly hidden Peters. Not to mention the Juniors who did so well last night. There's an awful lot to come.
 

When Everyone's Fit

Does anyone know what has happened to Peters? he has vanished off the face of the earth from what i can tell!
 

When Everyone's Fit

nelson

o'connor
sodje
turner
frampton

tabb
skulasson
newman (in front of back four)-cover comes from brooker or rankin
pratley
rhodes

owusu (target man but with midfield support) - willock on the bench


4-5-1 a little bit allardyce in the thinking but strong at the back, and strong int he middle with pace out wide.
 

When Everyone's Fit

SigiBee said:
Time will tell. Could also be down to how well Oli recovers from his awful injury but then Alex did, albeit briefly. Can't remember which game it was but he so put me in mind of a Thiery Henry one game last season. Pratley, Rhodes, Skulason, Mousinho and the suddenly hidden Peters. Not to mention the Juniors who did so well last night. There's an awful lot to come.

super post

if he can just get fit, alex rhodes will be a special and significant
player for us

like dj he broke goalscoring records in non-league football and
it's easy to see why

ryan peters is a real prospect also
i think he's been injured
i haven't seen charles or ide play
but i'll bet they're good
 

When Everyone's Fit

SigiBee said:
Time will tell. Could also be down to how well Oli recovers from his awful injury but then Alex did, albeit briefly. Can't remember which game it was but he so put me in mind of a Thiery Henry one game last season. Pratley, Rhodes, Skulason, Mousinho and the suddenly hidden Peters. Not to mention the Juniors who did so well last night. There's an awful lot to come.

super post

if he can just get fit, alex rhodes will be a special and significant
player for us

like dj he broke goalscoring records in non-league football and
it's easy to see how

ryan peters is a real prospect also
i think he's been injured
i haven't seen charles or ide play
but i'll bet they're good
 

When Everyone's Fit

Lowri said:
Does anyone know what has happened to Peters? he has vanished off the face of the earth from what i can tell!

He looked a bit out of his depth against Oldham (cup replay) and Colchester presume Allen feels its would be better for the long run if he has a little bit of a break from the first team before he makes his big break through. A loan to a league two or conference club for a month or two would be great experience for him in my opinion and I think after that he would be ready to challenge for a regular first team slot.
 

When Everyone's Fit

Personally I dont think we will see Rhodes or Oli until next season at the earliest at their strongest
 

When Everyone's Fit

I doubt Oli will be here next season, I remember MA talking about him coming to GP 'to be in the shop window'
 

When Everyone's Fit

Westlad said:
I doubt Oli will be here next season, I remember MA talking about him coming to GP 'to be in the shop window'

He's not been in the shop window though. How long is his contract for?
 

When Everyone's Fit

Westlad said:
I doubt Oli will be here next season, I remember MA talking about him coming to GP 'to be in the shop window'

I doubt it, he's hardly been in the shop window and whos going to buy somebody whos not played for a yeat cos of a knee injury
 

When Everyone's Fit

Westlad said:
I doubt Oli will be here next season, I remember MA talking about him coming to GP 'to be in the shop window'


hes been in the stock room all season
 

When Everyone's Fit

Oli and Tiger were training on Tuesday,Dont thnik Oli did full training but Tiger did, Oli reckons March time and Rhodes couple weeks and pratley should be back for Walsall but most DEF bristol
 

When Everyone's Fit

No league club would buy Oli until he'd had an injury free half-season at least (ie next January window), surely?
 

When Everyone's Fit

Well according to MA's update Rhodes and pratley are both going straight into saturdays team.
 

When Everyone's Fit

team when evryone is fit has to be

Nelson
OConnor Sodje Turner Framps
Brooker Skullasson Pratley Tabb
Rhodes Owusu

Subs
Bankole
Mousinho
Willock
Rankin
Newman
 

When Everyone's Fit

Id cream my pants for Sats line up of

Nelson

Kev
Sam
Michael
Andy

Paul/Isiah
Wicky
Darren
Jay
Alex

Lloyd



Or

same keeper and back 4

then

Paul/Isiah/Alex or switch to opposite flank
Wicky
Darren
Jay

Lloyd
Calum



With Darren and Alex now back ,I cant fit every one in ! If Alex had been fit weeks ago ,DJ would of still be bench warming .Food for thought ,we got £400k ( plus ) for Duds now hopefully he wont be missed too much ,if at all
 

When Everyone's Fit

Nelson

KOC Turns Sodj Framo

Newman
Skull Tabby
Pratts

Lloydy Tiger

Thats our best team - but at the moment instead of skull - rankin and possible willock instead of Tiger if tiger isnt fully back
 

When Everyone's Fit

Nelson

KOC / Sodje / Turner / Frampton

Rhodes / Tabb / Pratley / Tillen

Owusu / Willock
 

When Everyone's Fit

For me Newman has to be in the team. When he returned we started to look solid and i think i've only seen him have 1 bad game. I think he probably adds a lot to the team that we don't realise.
I saw someone suggest a midfield of:

Rhodes tabb pratley tillen

I think over the course of the season that midfield would be too weak and inexperienced.

Our best team when everyone is fit would be:

Nelson

O'connor Sodje Turner Frampton

Brooker Skulasson Newman Tabb Tillen

Owusu
 

When Everyone's Fit

Newman has his faults like Talbot had his but without them in thier respective sides we'd be nowhere near auto promo this year and we wouldn't have got in the play-offs last year. People who think otherwise have been brainwashed by the Premiershit. :sorted:
 

When Everyone's Fit

An exaggeration from a Talbot hater of course although I agree Newman is far more mobile player, but even you should know where I'm coming from and if you can't accept that we needed Talbot in that side as much as we need Newman in this, then :scratch:
 

When Everyone's Fit

Jimbee said:
An exaggeration from a Talbot hater of course although I agree Newman is far more mobile player, but even you should know where I'm coming from and if you can't accept that we needed Talbot in that side as much as we need Newman in this, then :scratch:
maybe we do need talbot.
 

When Everyone's Fit

Oh hello, I knew the reinforcements would turn up sooner or later!

I never said we need Talbot now.
 

When Everyone's Fit

Jimbee said:
Oh hello, I knew the reinforcements would turn up sooner or later!

I never said we need Talbot now.
:wave:
 

When Everyone's Fit

Jimbee said:
An exaggeration from a Talbot hater of course although I agree Newman is far more mobile player, but even you should know where I'm coming from and if you can't accept that we needed Talbot in that side as much as we need Newman in this, then :scratch:

Most of the best teams have a player of that ilk.

If you don't win the ball in midfield you can't win the game.

Newman is a better player than Talbot but both did the unflashy job that we needed and I would never pick a Brentford team for any game between now and May without Newman if he's available.
 

When Everyone's Fit

for me the big question is who plays in midfield and more importantly where. The defence picks itself (Frampton at LB).

As WEB and a few other have said, if Newman was to get injured or not play for whatever reason I think that we would notice a big drop in performance level so if fit he has to play. The next big question is Jay Tabb. He is undoubtedly too good to be left out and personally I think he is wasted on the left wing, he has so much more to offer when he plays through the middle. The problem this leaves is that in a traditional 4-4-2 formation the only berths left in midfield are the two wide positions but Pratley and Skulason are not really suited to playing out wide, The goals in this team come from midfield and it is the midfield that creates the play so I would be tempted go with a midfield of 5 and give Tabb the freedom to roam, much in the way Paul Scholes used to at Manchester United. I would have Tillen and Brooker as the two wingers and Owusu up front. Rhodes for me is an impact player and probably better coming off the bench.

To summarise

----------------Nelson------------

O'Connor--Sodje--Turner--Frampton

Brooker-- Newman--Pratley--Tillen
Tabb

----------------Owusu---------------

Subs
George
Rhodes
Skulason
Willock
Another defender!!

What this exercise has shown me is that we have a VERY strong squad with lots of options especially in midfield. The lack of defensive cover is a little bit worrying though.
 

When Everyone's Fit

I suspect Skulason wont play that many games before the end of this season though it'll be great to have him available. It was a really bad injury and on top of that he hadn't had enough time to get to grips with the style/pace of football at this level. That's not something you want someone doing at the important end of the season..

As for Tabb, I agree he's done well in centre mid, but my first choice would def be Newman and Pratley. Tabby never really plays as an out and out winger anyway, he's always had licence to roam inside and across the pitch and with Newman and Pratley in the side there are the players there who are bright enough to cover when he does that..

Our best team at the moment is ;

Nelson

KOC
Sodje
Turner
Framps

Brooker
Newman
Pratley
Tabb

Owusu
Rankin

Now both Rhodes and Willock could force themselves in to the side with some good cameo appearances and if you think that we've got Tillen, Gayle, Peters, Ide and Mousinho to come in before we even have to start mentioning the likes of Hutch etc then things are starting to look very positive!! :sorted:
 

When Everyone's Fit

MA plays 4-4-2 as a normal formation. Occasionally he will switch to 4-3-3 if we are chasing a game or 4-5-1 to close a game out.

I do not see him trying fanciful moves like playing Tabb in the hole behind the strikers or not playing 2 big guys (or Rankin) up front.

What is crucial now is that we have cover and options in all positions. It is all very well stating opur opinion regarding our best 11 but circumstances invaribly dictate that the so called "best 11" will never be available owing to suspension, injury or sickness etc.

We are now in the happy position of having cover and options almost everywhere.

GOAL

This is our main weakness. Nelson blows very hot and very cold and George is just..... George. I would love us to have signed a young loan keeper from the Premier League such as Lenny Pidgeley from Chelsea or Charlton have had 2 young keepers on loan at Accrington who are heavily responsible for their rise to the top of the Conference.

I suspect that MA was close to replacing SN after the Southend debacle but the keeper got a stay of execution and it is now up to him.

FULL BACKS

Sorted with KOC, AF, Mousinho and Tillen with Charles bubbling under

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

We would struggle if we lose either Sam or MT long terms, but so would any team. We have AF, Gayle and Mousinho with Osbourne behind them and at our level we can expect no better.

MIDFIELD

Fantatic with options everywhere

Pratley, Newman, Hutch, Tabb and Lewis can play central midfield (as can Mousinho or KOC) and there is a blend between holding players and more attacking options. I am ignoring Skulason for this season

Brooker, Tillen, Gayle, Tabb, Rankin, Peters and Rhodes can play wide in various styles

Given this choice you can well understand why MA was ready to sell EH.

STRIKERS

Again many different options and potential pairings in Owusu, Willock, Rankin, Gayle, Peters, Rhodes and Ide

Of course we could still be decimated by injuries or suspensions but I also feel that we are perhaps getting stronger when other aaround us are weakening.

We have a massive fixture pile up coming up and we will probably need all of the players in what is now a large and comprehensive squad.
 

When Everyone's Fit

Well said :sorted:
I think most people were adding there opinions in keeping with the thread title and most are opinions. I'm sure most supporters are aware that the team will be changed. You just need to look back at the Southend game and MA starting with Gayle up top.

Here's to a injury free/suspension free run-in :beer:
 

When Everyone's Fit

North London Bee said:
MA plays 4-4-2 as a normal formation. Occasionally he will switch to 4-3-3 if we are chasing a game or 4-5-1 to close a game out.

I do not see him trying fanciful moves like playing Tabb in the hole behind the strikers or not playing 2 big guys (or Rankin) up front.

What is crucial now is that we have cover and options in all positions. It is all very well stating opur opinion regarding our best 11 but circumstances invaribly dictate that the so called "best 11" will never be available owing to suspension, injury or sickness etc.

We are now in the happy position of having cover and options almost everywhere.

GOAL

This is our main weakness. Nelson blows very hot and very cold and George is just..... George. I would love us to have signed a young loan keeper from the Premier League such as Lenny Pidgeley from Chelsea or Charlton have had 2 young keepers on loan at Accrington who are heavily responsible for their rise to the top of the Conference.

I suspect that MA was close to replacing SN after the Southend debacle but the keeper got a stay of execution and it is now up to him.

FULL BACKS

Sorted with KOC, AF, Mousinho and Tillen with Charles bubbling under

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

We would struggle if we lose either Sam or MT long terms, but so would any team. We have AF, Gayle and Mousinho with Osbourne behind them and at our level we can expect no better.

MIDFIELD

Fantatic with options everywhere

Pratley, Newman, Hutch, Tabb and Lewis can play central midfield (as can Mousinho or KOC) and there is a blend between holding players and more attacking options. I am ignoring Skulason for this season

Brooker, Tillen, Gayle, Tabb, Rankin, Peters and Rhodes can play wide in various styles

Given this choice you can well understand why MA was ready to sell EH.

STRIKERS

Again many different options and potential pairings in Owusu, Willock, Rankin, Gayle, Peters, Rhodes and Ide

Of course we could still be decimated by injuries or suspensions but I also feel that we are perhaps getting stronger when other aaround us are weakening.

We have a massive fixture pile up coming up and we will probably need all of the players in what is now a large and comprehensive squad.

:imwith: The two long-term injuries apart, we've been very lucky with injuries. Let's hope it stays that way.
 

When Everyone's Fit

Jimbee said:
:imwith: The two long-term injuries apart, we've been very lucky with injuries. Let's hope it stays that way.

have we? Owusu has had fitness problems I suspect, Brooker has struggled for much of the season. Pratley has had a lengthy spell out...
 

When Everyone's Fit

Nelson

KOC Sodje Turner Framps

Newman

Pratley Oli Tillen

Tabb

Owusu or Willock

Newman as midfield general. KOC can still give us width on the right, Tillen Framps on the left and we are solid in the middle. Tabb is 10 times more effective through the middle. Possibly the best player in the division in that possition.
 

When Everyone's Fit

davebee said:
have we? Owusu has had fitness problems I suspect, Brooker has struggled for much of the season. Pratley has had a lengthy spell out...

Kevin O'Connor and Brooker being ill before the Colchester game doesn't strike me as lucky. Furthermore Newman was out until October and we seemed to have a bit of a crisis over Christmas with injuries and suspensions as well. Further to this Owusu and Rankin both got injured at seperate times, when they seemed to be forming a partnership at the start of the year. Where we have been lucky is that the players who have come in DJ and Tillen being the obvious examples have done very well when called upon, both of whom were probably signed up to act more as cover/subs when they first arrived.

Furthermore the team spirit MA has installed has also helped as when we have needed players like Lewis to come in against Swansea and peform he did just this.
 
Back
Top Bottom