1967

moribee

moribee
Joined
6 Apr 2000
Messages
7,899
Reaction score
1,025
Location
East Colnbrook

1967

Only just realised as a bit slow at times that the shares which I got in 1967 were a weeks wages whilst the reissue in 1999 cos ir became two companies they were only worth a penny each . Bit beyond me that. Still the letters thanking me for being there and doing the walk and beating the postal strike in delivering stuff from the club warm the heart at this time. The 1967/68 club handbook tells a poignant story of values.
 

1967

Only just realised as a bit slow at times that the shares which I got in 1967 were a weeks wages whilst the reissue in 1999 cos ir became two companies they were only worth a penny each . Bit beyond me that. Still the letters thanking me for being there and doing the walk and beating the postal strike in delivering stuff from the club warm the heart at this time. The 1967/68 club handbook tells a poignant story of values.
Good stuff Mori. Hope the club do some thing to commemorate that distressing but momentous time. God how I hate them!
 

1967

Good stuff Mori. Hope the club do some thing to commemorate that distressing but momentous time. God how I hate them!

No doubt the marketing people are already working on it. Any suggestions from the GPG ready for the consultation?
 

1967

I suggest they brush it under the carpet and forget about our history totally. Concentrate on the new breed and giving them and away fans the best seats in the house. We think that's fair said the kurt to the devlin
 

1967

Only just realised as a bit slow at times that the shares which I got in 1967 were a weeks wages whilst the reissue in 1999 cos ir became two companies they were only worth a penny each . Bit beyond me that. Still the letters thanking me for being there and doing the walk and beating the postal strike in delivering stuff from the club warm the heart at this time. The 1967/68 club handbook tells a poignant story of values.

And still they managed to throw you out of the ground on Saturday. Thats the thanks you get for being part of the fans movement for saving us in 1967 and allowing us to enjoy the Bees at GP now in 2016.
 

1967

And still they managed to throw you out of the ground on Saturday. Thats the thanks you get for being part of the fans movement for saving us in 1967 and allowing us to enjoy the Bees at GP now in 2016.

Yes that is true and it hurts but at times one must also look to themselves.
 

1967

What is eye opening is shares worth a weeks wages in 1967 end up only being worth a penny each in 1999.
Still was a great investment in memories,friendships and love but just as well I didn't spend my life being a financial advisor....te he
 

1967

Yes that is true and it hurts but at times one must also look to themselves.

We can all behave like idiots at times. I am presuming that you didn't thump anyone or ask them out. The club needs to take a long hard look at itself Imo. This season is turning out to be a difficult one and the club will need all the support it can get if we continue slipping down the table. Many of our newly acquired "fans" will find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. If the very worst happened then they would be back relying on the gallant 4000 who supported them in the hard times. Throwing out the likes of you and the gentlemen in New Road might seem to have been a little shortsighted and an overreaction in those circumstances, especially when the time came for the renewal of season tickets.
 

1967

We can all behave like idiots at times. I am presuming that you didn't thump anyone or ask them out. The club needs to take a long hard look at itself Imo. This season is turning out to be a difficult one and the club will need all the support it can get if we continue slipping down the table. Many of our newly acquired "fans" will find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. If the very worst happened then they would be back relying on the gallant 4000 who supported them in the hard times. Throwing out the likes of you and the gentlemen in New Road might seem to have been a little shortsighted and an overreaction in those circumstances, especially when the time came for the renewal of season tickets.

No I didn't thump anyone or ask them out.
 

1967

Only just realised as a bit slow at times that the shares which I got in 1967 were a weeks wages whilst the reissue in 1999 cos ir became two companies they were only worth a penny each . Bit beyond me that. Still the letters thanking me for being there and doing the walk and beating the postal strike in delivering stuff from the club warm the heart at this time. The 1967/68 club handbook tells a poignant story of values.

Sir you are one of the heroes of 67. No greater honour as a supporter.
 

1967

Are you able to give an account of what actually happened, if you don't mind?

I don't feel Mori wants to elaborate any more, has already said he is ashamed of his actions and said sorry to those that count, takes a man to hold his hand up and say I was wrong
 

1967

What is eye opening is shares worth a weeks wages in 1967 end up only being worth a penny each in 1999.
Still was a great investment in memories,friendships and love but just as well I didn't spend my life being a financial advisor....te he

They were probably only worth a few pennies shortly after you bought them in 1967. The club was in dire straits and needed to raise money to stay in existence. Loans have to be repaid, but share capital doesn't, except when the company is wound up (and only then if there are any assets left). The club probably used the money raised from issuing more shares to pay down its debts to manageable proportions, but if the club had been wound up then, I don't doubt there wouldn't have been anything left for the shareholders.

All credit to you for buying them. I remember the events of 1967 well, but was young and broke at the time and so could not buy any. I hope Dunnett is rotting in Hell, where he belongs.
 

1967

Only just realised as a bit slow at times that the shares which I got in 1967 were a weeks wages whilst the reissue in 1999 cos ir became two companies they were only worth a penny each . Bit beyond me that. Still the letters thanking me for being there and doing the walk and beating the postal strike in delivering stuff from the club warm the heart at this time. The 1967/68 club handbook tells a poignant story of values.
Good for you ! I scraped 10 quid together with a mate in '67.He now lives in Leamington Spa & hardly ever sees the Bees.
The last time I spoke to him he said our shares must be worth a fortune now we are a Championship club & questioned what they were now worth as if to suggest I'd stitched him up! I can't wait to tell him their actual value ?
Still ranks as the best 5 quid I ever spent !!
F#+*ing Rangers!!
 

1967

Having purchased 20 shares in 1967 - I have just received a certificate to certify that I did previously hold the 20 shares in Griffin Park Stadium Ltd which were lost on the revaluation of shares by MB when the revised shareholding was limited to 1000 old shares for a new share. The certificate acknowledges the support I gave and is signed by Cliff Crown and Kevin O'Connor.
 

1967

Having purchased 20 shares in 1967 - I have just received a certificate to certify that I did previously hold the 20 shares in Griffin Park Stadium Ltd which were lost on the revaluation of shares by MB when the revised shareholding was limited to 1000 old shares for a new share. The certificate acknowledges the support I gave and is signed by Cliff Crown and Kevin O'Connor.

Another hero of 67. We'll done mate. I was too young to buy any and no bank of mum and dad to ask.
 

1967

Is there anyone on the GPG who used the special turnstile on Braemar at the time where you paid double to get in - probably about 3s 6d then - in order to raise funds for the club? I was selling Golden Goal tickets there in those days (which got you in for nothing) and remember the odd supporter using this.
 

1967

Is there anyone on the GPG who used the special turnstile on Braemar at the time where you paid double to get in - probably about 3s 6d then - in order to raise funds for the club? I was selling Golden Goal tickets there in those days (which got you in for nothing) and remember the odd supporter using this.

I had season ticket but did do that gate a few times when my Dad gave me the extra back from my wages. Golden Goal tickets. You surely remember Sid Hannaford from about that time.
 

1967

Is there anyone on the GPG who used the special turnstile on Braemar at the time where you paid double to get in - probably about 3s 6d then - in order to raise funds for the club? I was selling Golden Goal tickets there in those days (which got you in for nothing) and remember the odd supporter using this.
Was that particular turnstile called "Golden gate" ? I never used it personally but saw some that did.
 

1967

Was that particular turnstile called "Golden gate" ? I never used it personally but saw some that did.

Yes it was. It was the first turnstile you came to if you were walking up Braemar Road from Brook Road.
 

1967

Having purchased 20 shares in 1967 - I have just received a certificate to certify that I did previously hold the 20 shares in Griffin Park Stadium Ltd which were lost on the revaluation of shares by MB when the revised shareholding was limited to 1000 old shares for a new share. The certificate acknowledges the support I gave and is signed by Cliff Crown and Kevin O'Connor.

I wondered what it was. Very bizarre.
 

1967

My dad received two of these certificates the other day, one in his full name and one without his middle name, I assume that this was the shares he inherited from my granddad, I remember this happening, although I was just a nipper at the time, will never forgive that other so called team.
 

1967

The certificates are bizarre but present badge looks nice. Put them with my walk certificate and Life Membership Certificate. No contest.
 

1967

There is so much that one could say about 67 but the club removed our shares so do they care?
 

1967

Wasn't there supposed to be a book written about 1967, or did I dream that?
 

1967

There is so much that one could say about 67 but the club removed our shares so do they care?
Mori if you still have the certificate frame it and put it on the wall. It might become a collectors item!
 

1967

Original certificates had to be returned in 1999 when new ones issued for the two company's
 

1967

Would be a great time for Higgies family to be invites back down club with the large Forecourt Picture which disappeared from lounge when Messrs Devlin and Sullivan arrived. I think it belongs to the club family not to any individual.
 

1967

Original certificates had to be returned in 1999 when new ones issued for the two company's

Kept mine. To many memories. Certificate is still in the envelope it arrived in. complete with comp. slip. Addressed to my parents place in Acton. I was 20 at the time.
 

1967

Kept mine. To many memories. Certificate is still in the envelope it arrived in. complete with comp. slip. Addressed to my parents place in Acton. I was 20 at the time.

Quality.

Any chance of photos
 

1967

Would be a great time for Higgies family to be invites back down club with the large Forecourt Picture which disappeared from lounge when Messrs Devlin and Sullivan arrived. I think it belongs to the club family not to any individual.

Are you sure it "disappeared"? Or just in storage with the stage etc?
 

1967

Are you sure it "disappeared"? Or just in storage with the stage etc?

Someone who will remain nameless looked high and low for it and noone knew where it had gone. We used to have a move able stage for gigs which we stored in a unit on corner of Brook and Braemar.
 

1967

Kept mine. To many memories. Certificate is still in the envelope it arrived in. complete with comp. slip. Addressed to my parents place in Acton. I was 20 at the time.

Wish I had kept mine but presumed we were obliged to send them in for the new ones. Still got the original from 1967 which h came from club with share certificates
 

1967

The Newcastle United match programme will look back at the goings on of 1967. As that will be the nearest match to the date of the attempted takeover. Looking forward to it and what MC has written about the attempt. :)
 

1967

The Newcastle United match programme will look back at the goings on of 1967. As that will be the nearest match to the date of the attempted takeover. Looking forward to it and what MC has written about the attempt. :)

Yes same here. It was a very moving occasion. I can't put in words how affecting it was. There felt no hope for quite a few days. The famous headline of "Salute Brentford's Defiance" made me so proud. All people in Brentford were upset. That is when my Grandad showed me his war injuries. It was his way of saying I am up for the fight. He didn't like the scum anyway. Everyone did their bit.
 

1967

Be interesting to read this. At the time I thought it was just GP that they wanted and BFC were going to be punted off to play at Hillingdon Borough's ground, although I was a tw*tty 12 year-old and knew nothing. I was at the Southend game, hell of an atmosphere that day and big demonstration on Braemar forecourt. I was back there 30 years later for another demonstration against an unpopular board.
 
Last edited:

1967

Be interesting to read this. At the time I thought it was just GP that they wanted and BFC were going to be punted off to play at Hillingdon Borough's ground, although I was a tw*tty 12 year-old and knew nothing. I was at the Southend game, hell of an atmosphere that day and big demonstration on Braemar forecourt. I was back there 30 years later for another demonstration against an unpopular board.

I was 16 so past the **** stage and into the irritating yob phase. But it affected me profoundly and l ain't ever gonna forget what that Bush club tried to do. I believe the Blindell family came up with the loan that kept us going. I was too young to be one of the heroes but l was old enough to have total defiance.My blood still boils every time l see those hoops.
 
Last edited:

1967

I was around but too young to really understand what was going on. I was fortunate enough to interview Jack Dunnett a couple of years ago with Dave Lane and Mark Croxford and what he said really opened my eyes and made my blood boil. Happy to expand if anyone wants to know more about what he said.
 

1967

Expand expand!
 

1967

I was around but too young to really understand what was going on. I was fortunate enough to interview Jack Dunnett a couple of years ago with Dave Lane and Mark Croxford and what he said really opened my eyes and made my blood boil. Happy to expand if anyone wants to know more about what he said.

I can't speak for others but I'd be interested in reading more
 

1967

I was around but too young to really understand what was going on. I was fortunate enough to interview Jack Dunnett a couple of years ago with Dave Lane and Mark Croxford and what he said really opened my eyes and made my blood boil. Happy to expand if anyone wants to know more about what he said.

Please do.
 

1967

I was around but too young to really understand what was going on. I was fortunate enough to interview Jack Dunnett a couple of years ago with Dave Lane and Mark Croxford and what he said really opened my eyes and made my blood boil. Happy to expand if anyone wants to know more about what he said.

I would like to hear more
 
Back
Top Bottom