1967

1967

I was around but too young to really understand what was going on. I was fortunate enough to interview Jack Dunnett a couple of years ago with Dave Lane and Mark Croxford and what he said really opened my eyes and made my blood boil. Happy to expand if anyone wants to know more about what he said.

Yes please
 

1967

I was around but too young to really understand what was going on. I was fortunate enough to interview Jack Dunnett a couple of years ago with Dave Lane and Mark Croxford and what he said really opened my eyes and made my blood boil. Happy to expand if anyone wants to know more about what he said.

Did you do a bit for today's programme
 

1967

I was around but too young to really understand what was going on. I was fortunate enough to interview Jack Dunnett a couple of years ago with Dave Lane and Mark Croxford and what he said really opened my eyes and made my blood boil. Happy to expand if anyone wants to know more about what he said.

That interview Should be in today's programme, the perfect match programme for it, but if not, why not?! :banghead:

The programme of the day is v Southend in 66/67. First match after talk of a takeover attempt. Not a lot said on the takeover, I've left that for Mark Chapman to do, he'll do a good job. :) It's not a Newcastle U programme of the past today. ;)
 

1967

That interview Should be in today's programme, the perfect match programme for it, but if not, why not?! :banghead:

The programme of the day is v Southend in 66/67. First match after talk of a takeover attempt. Not a lot said on the takeover, I've left that for Mark Chapman to do, he'll do a good job. :) It's not a Newcastle U programme of the past today. ;)

What would it cost to do a reprint of that..... I'm sure some May buy it for historical reason
 

1967

What would it cost to do a reprint of that..... I'm sure some May buy it for historical reason

You can pick up originals of the Southend 66/67 programme for a pound, so not really worth reprinting.
 

1967

Disappointed today if it was about the scum takeover. Would have liked ro see a burning g of a QPR shirt in middle of pitch. Too many people forgotten
 

1967

It was a good start by MC re the takeover. More in the coming weeks of home programmes. More about the shareholders too, I'd have thought, as a rare piece of club history from 1967 is still around, thankfully, saved by MC.

As much as I detest the raras, burning a shirt on the pitch just doesn't happen nowadays. If you want that, I suggest you attend a match in South America where they still see rivalry and hatred for their nearest club.
 

1967

It was a good start by MC re the takeover. More in the coming weeks of home programmes. More about the shareholders too, I'd have thought, as a rare piece of club history from 1967 is still around, thankfully, saved by MC.

As much as I detest the raras, burning a shirt on the pitch just doesn't happen nowadays. If you want that, I suggest you attend a match in South America where they still see rivalry and hatred for their nearest club.

Only a little shirt
 

1967

1967

As much as I detest the raras, burning a shirt on the pitch just doesn't happen nowadays. If you want that, I suggest you attend a match in South America where they still see rivalry and hatred for their nearest club.

Tenerife's canarian rivals, Las Palmas, have a stork or some such bird on their badge and it is not uncommon for CDT fans to blow up effigies of this bird amongst other pyrotechnics. My dad often used to mention seeing Brentford supporters carrying a blue Chelsea coffin around before a game in the 50s so surely we could have had an exploding Jack Dunnett in a QPR shirt?
 

1967

We should be making more of this as a club and getting local media involved. BBC London and ITV should have articles on it. And local radio. I've heard and seen ziltch. However I don't buy a programme these days as you learn more from the GPG to be quite honest.
 

1967

Bought a programme for the first time in decades as I thought it was a 1967 special but it seems that this feature is being spread over several issues.
 

1967

Quality.

Any chance of photos

I'm proud to say that my Dad was one of those who stepped up to the plate in 1967. He bought 40 10 shilling shares. Am I correct in thinking that £20 was about the average weekly wage at the time?

He died in 2012 just before our current run of success. Although he'd seen us in the top division before the war, he'd have been amazed at the quality of the football we're playing now.

Anyway, I still have the original certificates along with a letter of receipt from Denis Piggott. I'll happily post a photo here if someone can explain in simple terms how the hell you do that on this board!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5250.jpg
    IMG_5250.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 173

1967

I'm proud to say that my Dad was one of those who stepped up to the plate in 1967. He bought 40 10 shilling shares. Am I correct in thinking that £20 was about the average weekly wage at the time?

He died in 2012 just before our current run of success. Although he'd seen us in the top division before the war, he'd have been amazed at the quality of the football we're playing now.

Anyway, I still have the original certificates along with a letter of receipt from Denis Piggott. I'll happily post a photo here if someone can explain in simple terms how the hell you do that on this board!

Careful doing that. Someone might print them off and then turn up at GP saying they own the club...........
 

1967

Nottsbee's pictures have been added into his post. :)

:cool:
 

1967

Yes...that's the letter I still have. Wish I had kept share certs but we were asked to send them in and got new ones 18 years ago which really don't have that lovely look of the old ones. Whole business unsavory. Mate of mine turned up for interview re 1967 and noone knew why he was there.
 

1967

1967

I'm proud to say that my Dad was one of those who stepped up to the plate in 1967. He bought 40 10 shilling shares. Am I correct in thinking that £20 was about the average weekly wage at the time?

He died in 2012 just before our current run of success. Although he'd seen us in the top division before the war, he'd have been amazed at the quality of the football we're playing now.

Anyway, I still have the original certificates along with a letter of receipt from Denis Piggott. I'll happily post a photo here if someone can explain in simple terms how the hell you do that on this board!

I bought £5s worth which represented my weekly wage as an apprentice at the time.
 

1967

So we reach 50.years. Emotional memories. God bless those who did so much
Hear Hear ! I still remember it like it was yesterday.I was a seventeen year old who stumped up a weeks wages for my shares and to top it all I was working in Sheperds Bush at the time surrounded by the feckers !
 

1967

Hear Hear ! I still remember it like it was yesterday.I was a seventeen year old who stumped up a weeks wages for my shares and to top it all I was working in Sheperds Bush at the time surrounded by the feckers !

I was 15 and started work June 1967. Yes my shares were also a weeks wages.
 

1967

Just got my copy of Sats prog. Shame a about date typo. Was so weird reading about travel arrangements for Sunderland cup game as well. Newcastle Brown ahoy.
 

1967

Thanks to Ron Blindell. A very decent man at the right time. As for Dunnett he can ffffff....
 

1967

Thanks to Ron Blindell. A very decent man at the right time. As for Dunnett he can ffffff....

...and he can take Dennis Signy with him. :yuck:
 

1967

Booby Ross, the Bees captain and a Club legend, with Mr Dunnett.
 

Attachments

  • 1967 takeover 13 a.jpg
    1967 takeover 13 a.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 215

1967

I think Dunnett should be invited for QPR game,could be interesting. Reading the article in prog re intvw with Dunnett it made me realise how much we owed Peter Pond Jones in those dark days. He passed too soon from that dreadful disease but never forgotten,how could he be as he was centre stage in that great picture that night. Shame he wasn't around to have helped the lads interview Dunnett. He would have called him out for what he was.
 

1967

Anyone see the list of the names who purchased shares to save the Bees in today's programme?

One piece of Club notes to survive. Not much else has!!
 

1967

Didn't go today so hope I got a mention,just love showing off

There's an entry for; April 20 - "young bloke wearing blue baseball cap." :shrug:
 
Back
Top Bottom