All Over...

Nick Hester

Formerly known as Greenholme Bee
Joined
11 Oct 2001
Messages
13,646
Reaction score
2
Location
Camberley Surrey

All Over...

League campaign ends and out of the cup by Tuesday...

Normal service resumes.

b***ocks!
 

All Over...

you bloody doom and gloom merchant!

Moses was not the new messiah either!
 

All Over...

one down 45 to go
 

All Over...

Easy to be gloomy but perhaps better to await the reports of those who where there. If there reports indicate lack of guile, lack of real effort, lack of ability up front and confusuion in defence then by all means be gloomy as it would seem to be the same as last season and before.

Reading the thread it does seem that this is the impression in which case we have a real worry however if that is not the case then look forward to the game against Grimsby.

At least we only conceded one, however we will soon have to change our name to Brentford Nil.
 

All Over...

Jeez, this is a bit apolcolyptic isn't it?

The three alleged best players are out injured. Meanwhile, despite worrying about the defence all week, it was a toothless attack that undid us - like the last two seasons.

There is improvement to be had in this side, so I wont panic yet - even if Grimsby ends in defeat.
 

All Over...

League campaign ends and out of the cup by Tuesday...

Normal service resumes.

b***ocks!

It always rubs it in when you see people we have let slip thro our grasp score for other teams, Reid,Tomlin,Constantine,Nwojeki,Forster and I am sure there were probably others and we can't score 1.
 

All Over...

We need a goalscorer who will take his one chance a game, creative CM and a CB to protect an off form youngster in KO. We have these in the squad - hopefully!

AS has 7 days to save his job before Bullivant steps up.:fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing:

Can`t wait for Grimsby and the the BEES putting another bad result behind them and either sending the BEES fans home happy or suicidal.lol

A few tweeks in CF, CM, LW, CB, LB & RB and we will stay up comfortably.:sorted:
 

All Over...

We need a goalscorer who will take his one chance a game, creative CM and a CB to protect an off form youngster in KO. We have these in the squad - hopefully!

AS has 7 days to save his job before Bullivant steps up.:fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing:

Can`t wait for Grimsby and the the BEES putting another bad result behind them and either sending the BEES fans home happy or suicidal.lol

A few tweeks in CF, CM, LW, CB, LB & RB and we will stay up comfortably.:sorted:

So we just need to tweak 6 positions, and cover for injuries and suspensions,
I don't know what I have been worrying about.
 

All Over...

So we just need to tweak 6 positions, and cover for injuries and suspensions,
I don't know what I have been worrying about.

I`m here to help.:wave:

Bury`s budget is 3 times ours and is a cauldron of a ground and we will always have next season.;)

We arguably have three repacements who are banker first teamers who will be fit by Xmas if previous seasons injuries are anything to go by.lol

If only kids football started tomorrow and I could watch a winning team (Walton Casuals U11s).:D
 

All Over...

i am sure we all feel the same at the moment but by tomorrow thoughts will turn to saturday and the optomisim will kick in again it may well be misplaced but there all the same
 

All Over...

I've always felt as though Grimsby - and home in general - is a must win whereas anything at Bury would be a bonus. No change in my thinking.
 

All Over...

Ashame we had to start the new season with the same centre backs who played last season. :(
 

All Over...

We need a goalscorer who will take his one chance a game, creative CM and a CB to protect an off form youngster in KO.

Osbourne off form?
He's never been IN form the useless donut.
 

All Over...

This is not an opportunity to jump on the bandwagon but I posted my thoughts when we let our player of the year go. What absolutely amazes me is AS won't give Heywood more than a one year deal and THEN gives Osborne a 2 year contract. Does he know something we don't or is a it a poor lack of judgement.
It really is yet another poor, in fact pisspoor decision made by "the same old same old" Brentford.
But letting in a goal at Bury shouldn't be such a big problem, the real problem is we can't score goals, I hope that McD can find the back of the net because it doesn't look light Elder can ?
 

All Over...

This is not an opportunity to jump on the bandwagon but I posted my thoughts when we let our player of the year go. What absolutely amazes me is AS won't give Heywood more than a one year deal and THEN gives Osborne a 2 year contract. Does he know something we don't or is a it a poor lack of judgement.
It really is yet another poor, in fact pisspoor decision made by "the same old same old" Brentford.
But letting in a goal at Bury shouldn't be such a big problem, the real problem is we can't score goals, I hope that McD can find the back of the net because it doesn't look light Elder can ?

Isn't that more to do with that Heywood wants higher wages?

Anyway, the main thing from the game today was that we have the players, we had the effort, but the style of play was completely wrong. Everything from the back was hoofed up to the front, when their centre-backs dealt with high balls so easily. Why not use the pace of Marvin to best effect? Why on earth was their so little movement from the players? These are things that Scotty needs to sort out, or we will be a team with good enough players, but playing cruddy football.
 

All Over...

I've always felt as though Grimsby - and home in general - is a must win whereas anything at Bury would be a bonus. No change in my thinking.

What a load of b***ocks. That would make it only 44 games to go then. :rolleyes:
 

All Over...

This is not an opportunity to jump on the bandwagon but I posted my thoughts when we let our player of the year go. What absolutely amazes me is AS won't give Heywood more than a one year deal and THEN gives Osborne a 2 year contract. Does he know something we don't or is a it a poor lack of judgement.
?


I'm no Osborne fan but why should a club so much in debt break the £1k a week wage limit for anyone?

Heywood got slightly more money from Grimsby but an all important two year contract.

If AS had given Heywood a two year all hell would have broken out...

Get over him, he wasn't that good and we have what we have.
 

All Over...

What a load of b***ocks. That would make it only 44 games to go then. :rolleyes:

Setting down markers, putting a team in a positive frame of mind, making winning a habit. A must win game to set ourselves up as serious contenders and getting your home support on your side.

Not a load of old b***ocks mon frere.
 

All Over...

West Brom, MK Dons & Swansea all lost their first games of the season last term and still got promoted.
 

All Over...

A "must win" game in August is b***ocks quite frankly. I'm sorry you can't understand that.
 

All Over...

God its first game out of 46! Bury was always going to be a tough trip first game!
Lets look to Grimsby! You Reds!
 

All Over...

A "must win" game in August is b***ocks quite frankly. I'm sorry you can't understand that.

None of the 4 teams promoted last year lost their first two games.

It depends where you set your standards for this season. If Mid table is OK, its not a must win, if we expect to go up then maybe it is a reasonable opinion that shouldn't just be dismissed as "b***ocks".
 

All Over...

A "must win" game in August is b***ocks quite frankly. I'm sorry you can't understand that.

It isn't if you miss promotion by three points come May!! lol
 

All Over...

I'm no Osborne fan but why should a club so much in debt break the £1k a week wage limit for anyone?

Heywood got slightly more money from Grimsby but an all important two year contract.

If AS had given Heywood a two year all hell would have broken out...

Get over him, he wasn't that good and we have what we have.

I agree with Shouldbee. Although it is only an opinion and I won't style my posts to read as though they are "facts". :wave:

Didn't we give MacDonald a 2 year contract. How old is he compared to Heywood. Could be it will turn out that we cut off our nose to spite our face with this one.

"He wasn't that good". Maybe, but good enough to be player of the year, captain and a general all round mentor of young players.

It was inferred by some when he went that League 2 Centre Backs were "ten a penny". Well at the rate we are going, we might have 10 soon but maybe not a decent pairing amongst them !

OK, he has gone and we need to get over it but it does no harm to be able to learn lessons occasionally about when to dig your heels in over a contract and when not to (ie when a player is of proven use to the team)

:wave:
 

All Over...

love it people being negative after the 1st game...so andy scott has got 7 days or he will lose his job...GET A LIFE..BORING........:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:
 

All Over...

None of the 4 teams promoted last year lost their first two games.

It depends where you set your standards for this season. If Mid table is OK, its not a must win, if we expect to go up then maybe it is a reasonable opinion that shouldn't just be dismissed as "b***ocks".

It is b***ocks. I expect promotion but am not pressing the panic button after a mere ninety minutes of football.
 

All Over...

I'm no Osborne fan but why should a club so much in debt break the £1k a week wage limit for anyone?

Heywood got slightly more money from Grimsby but an all important two year contract.

If AS had given Heywood a two year all hell would have broken out...

Get over him, he wasn't that good and we have what we have.

but he was better than osborne and now we've lost mills aswell and panicked and got johnson, wilson and artus, the preparations seemed to be going so well now it feels all very terry butcher ish
 

All Over...

It is b***ocks. I expect promotion but am not pressing the panic button after a mere ninety minutes of football.

Would really, really, really, really, really, really, really have to win be more acceptable to your exacting sensibility? I used to work with a business analyst like you - are you familiar with MoSCoW?
 

All Over...

I was joking BTW, although we will be out of the cup on Tuesday!

I did detect some humour in it, but I thought I would make sure nobody was stressing anyway. :D

I agree with Shouldbee. Although it is only an opinion and I won't style my posts to read as though they are "facts". :wave:

Didn't we give MacDonald a 2 year contract. How old is he compared to Heywood. Could be it will turn out that we cut off our nose to spite our face with this one.

"He wasn't that good". Maybe, but good enough to be player of the year, captain and a general all round mentor of young players.

It was inferred by some when he went that League 2 Centre Backs were "ten a penny". Well at the rate we are going, we might have 10 soon but maybe not a decent pairing amongst them !

OK, he has gone and we need to get over it but it does no harm to be able to learn lessons occasionally about when to dig your heels in over a contract and when not to (ie when a player is of proven use to the team)

:wave:

I agree with much of this. But today suggested a failure to score was as responsible for the reverse as anything else.

How old was Heywood? I am aware of the discipline the club is now exercising towards 30-somethings when it comes to offering contracts, but I didn't think Heywood was that old.

Greg Dyke said in a recent interview that "we're going for it" this year. Overall, the side is being slowly improved, but I would have though really "going for it" involved at least keeping the player of the season, otherwise we're playing catch up with team quality straight away.
 

All Over...

I did detect some humour in it, but I thought I would make sure nobody was stressing anyway. :D



I agree with much of this. But today suggested a failure to score was as responsible for the reverse as anything else.

How old was Heywood? I am aware of the discipline the club is now exercising towards 30-somethings when it comes to offering contracts, but I didn't think Heywood was that old.

Greg Dyke said in a recent interview that "we're going for it" this year. Overall, the side is being slowly improved, but I would have though really "going for it" involved at least keeping the player of the season, otherwise we're playing catch up with team quality straight away.

Ok, me personally? Would have loved Heywood to have stayed but I wouldn't have been held ransom to any wage demands...
 

All Over...

Ashame we had to start the new season with the same centre backs who played last season. :(

I agree with this but my initial thoughts were that only conceding 1 goal seems on balance to be a decent effort.
 

All Over...

It is b***ocks. I expect promotion but am not pressing the panic button after a mere ninety minutes of football.

dont think anyone is pressing the panic button but arent all games must wins
 

All Over...

It is b***ocks. I expect promotion but am not pressing the panic button after a mere ninety minutes of football.

Trust me mate, this was a surrender of Leroy/Butcher/Fitz proportions and we deserve better than that. It's a long way to to go and then be shat on and so scary for the rest of the campaign.
 

All Over...

Osbourne off form?
He's never been IN form the useless donut.

Hate to slag off our own players, but Osbourne to me always looks like Bamby caught in the headlights ! Totally panics when he receives the ball.
I was hoping he would be surplus this season the same way that Charles is thank god !

Anybody know why Gary Smith and McDonald were not in the 16 ?
Sounds like we missed Dickson as well.

Only one game of course but Bury will surely be bottom half especially when somebody takes a punt on Bishop a proper goalscorer at this level.
 

All Over...

Would really, really, really, really, really, really, really have to win be more acceptable to your exacting sensibility? I used to work with a business analyst like you - are you familiar with MoSCoW?

You live on a different planet to me. Of course I would love us to get three points but for you to put such an emotive phase on our opening game is utterly ridiculous.
 

All Over...

You live on a different planet to me. Of course I would love us to get three points but for you to put such an emotive phase on our opening game is utterly ridiculous.

C'est la vie. Feel free to join me on whatever planet you think I'm on. :wave:
 

All Over...

Bury are v underated and will piss the league 2 handicap league at +18 points
 

All Over...

Bury are v underated and will piss the league 2 handicap league at +18 points

No chance.:D You didn't see how average to poor they were. We ripped them apart for 7 minutes and then they realised that we were worse and took over. Scott changed things, no he didn't...:rolleyes: well he did when it was too late and there we go.
 
Last edited:

All Over...

No chance.:D You didn't see how average to poor they were. We ripped them apart for 7 minutes and then they realised taht we were worse and took over. Scott changed things, no he didn't...:rolleyes: well he did when it was too late and there we go.

bookmark this page for may 09
 

All Over...

we lost again thats the main thing
long term supporters are sick to death of us losing all the time.
Every dog has its day except Brentford fc
 

All Over...

We need a goalscorer who will take his one chance a game, creative CM and a CB to protect an off form youngster in KO. We have these in the squad - hopefully!
We do... BUT THEY'RE ALL EFFING INJURED!!! :D :(
Bury are title contenders though, let's not forget, although both teams were sh*te today, perhaps due to the conditions, we just managed to be that little more sh*te than them.
 

All Over...

v Bury

As one who WAS there - could have scored twice in first 2 mins - and what a difference that would have made. Dont lets forget these players hardly know each others names!! AND Bury could prove to be one of the toughest away games we will have ALL season. I assume the comment about Bullivant stepping up was a joke??!! PLEASE get behind AS and the team - not on their backs!
 

All Over...

You live on a different planet to me. Of course I would love us to get three points but for you to put such an emotive phase on our opening game is utterly ridiculous.


It does worry me a bit that your comments in posts 28 and 37 of this thread suggest you haven't properly read Mr Beavinu's comments in post 11 properly.

He clearly said that he expected /half expected us to lose today but his "must win" comments referred to the game next week. You seem to have rewritten his script to suggest he expected a win today.

Is this the "attention to detail" we expect from our of the Board members of our "owners" who presumably has ambition to be on the Board of our "CLUB" !

Just my opinion like - (ie not necessarlily "FACT") .............but maybe UTTERLY RIDICULOUS or even b***ockS. (feel free to apologise for getting it a bit wrong btw)
 

All Over...

Mr Beavinu

Nice touch. lol

You forgot to mention that having a "FACT" doesn't make a post right, if the 'fact' in question is being misused.

Personally I think we have a wicked first three game schedule and it will get easier, but also from what I gather the Bees must play better. Grimsby is only must win if Grimsby are going to finish lower than mid-table. I am almost certain they wont.
 

All Over...

Is this the "attention to detail" we expect from our of the Board members of our "owners" who presumably has ambition to be on the Board of our "CLUB" !

Do you get off on this sort of crap?

Maybe if the "owners" (why that is in inverted commas I'll never know) had the luxury of your "talent", "expertise" and "goodwill" then perhaps we can all take potshots at someone that really deserves them.

I didn't get on with markbfc for a long while. And I mean did NOT get on. Mark works ****ing hard for "your" club and YOU are lucky to have him batting on your side. He has earnt my respect for his willingness to get off his arse and actually contribute a lot more than the vast majority of others - I am sure if feels that is better for BFC than sitting around moaning about things like season tickets holders not getting the chance to go on a Lifeline holiday to the Far East.

I guess that having a go at Mark and others somehow somehow brings them down in your eyes to make you feel better. In my view at least, your posts make me think less and less of you and more and more of Mark.
 

All Over...

No I don't get off on it, I just don't have a lot of time for the offhand and sarky comments (ie complete b***ocks")that are spouted on here by both you and him towards people trying to make what they see as acceptable points/conversation about our club.

As far as I can see, you both feel it appropriate to ignore the fact you sit in positions of authority and are thus able to act in your capacity as moderators in an offhand and often rude manner towards posters (and I'm not talking about me here).

Personally, I think you are both unsuitable to sit in a position of influence in this club because you lack the "interpersonal skills" to do it. I would be pepared to give BU more slack if it had people representing it with a bit more charm and a bit less bravado.

Thats just my opinion.

Up yours
 
Back
Top Bottom