Andy Scott

Should Andy Scott Stay or Go?

  • Yes he should go

    Votes: 136 24.8%
  • No he should definitely stay

    Votes: 167 30.5%
  • Too Early to decide - Needs time to fix it

    Votes: 245 44.7%

  • Total voters
    548
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Scott

here (on wiki) are the records of Brentford managers post war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentford_F.C.

scroll down to managers section at bottom of the page.

Andy's win record is pretty good - better than Noddy Holder / Noades for example who both also led us up... also better than McLintock, Callaghan, Adams, Perryman and other legends from the past.

Win ratio not quite on a par for MA (and certainly not Steve Coppell) but better than the majority. Win ratio not quite as good as my namesake!


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentford_F.C.#Managers
 

Andy Scott

Really , you've never mentioned it ;)

yes i have, i am always whinging on abou...........BAH, why you!!!

everyone get behind andy and the team tonight please. many thanks. thread closed. poll added. :nono:
 

Andy Scott

...........The last thing I'd want is for Scott to base his policy decisions on my opinion of what needs to be done.

Ah, but think of Ealing Road's 'Nicky, Nicky, Nicky Forster' on Saturday. A coincidence that Nicky came on as a sub soon after?
 

Andy Scott

Ah, but think of Ealing Road's 'Nicky, Nicky, Nicky Forster' on Saturday. A coincidence that Nicky came on as a sub soon after?


Of course it was a coincidence. :rolleyes:
 

Andy Scott

it was a million to one chance though!!! :thetruth:

tonight we will sing "Scotty, wear a tanktop next home game" to test the theory. :thetruth:
 

Andy Scott

I confess to not adding much to the forums but always read with interest. However, I do find alot of the criticism directed at Andy Scott surprising and premature. I do agree that at times he seems reluctant to make changes, and I admit to calling for Forster from New Road on Saturday, however he is a good young manager who we should get behind and show our support!! This is the best squad of players we have had for many years and I believe that we will come good. The defense has improved with 4 clean sheets and the goals will come, to turn draws into wins. He has been accused of arrogance however i believe that to make it as a good manager then an element of arrogance is needed (a la Brian clough and Jose Mourinho) albeit there is a fine line. We are only 7 games into the season so let us get behind the team and support AS !!!
 

Andy Scott

Thought it already had been.

When it was suggested to him to leave some one up at corners didn't he say **** off you *****
 

Andy Scott

MB BEE - you may not add to much but your post has a lot rational thought.
 

Andy Scott

yes come back again MB BEE. good 4th post mate. and all the other voyeurs & lurkers should speak up too please. :dj:
 

Andy Scott

here (on wiki) are the records of Brentford managers post war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentford_F.C.

scroll down to managers section at bottom of the page.

Andy's win record is pretty good - better than Noddy Holder / Noades for example who both also led us up... also better than McLintock, Callaghan, Adams, Perryman and other legends from the past.

Win ratio not quite on a par for MA (and certainly not Steve Coppell) but better than the majority. Win ratio not quite as good as my namesake!


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentford_F.C.#Managers

Interestingly, his lose ratio is almost identical to Martin Allen's and Steve Coppell's at 27%.
 

Andy Scott

...........................Scott out?????.........................
 

Andy Scott

Ron Noades was very nasty and without personality, I reckon AS is only nasty with little personality.
They both got us up from the lowest division.

I bet RN spent more getting us up, and that includes completely disregarding inflation.
 

Andy Scott

Being interviewed on talk sport shortly. Will Alan Brazil get a 'Terry Butcher treated unfairly' dig in
 

Andy Scott

Being interviewed on talk sport shortly. Will Alan Brazil get a 'Terry Butcher treated unfairly' dig in

Probably assuming he can get the words through his alcohol induced haze:fishing:
 

Andy Scott

I am keeping an open mind on the should he go/should he stay debate, but I don't think we are getting the best out of the squad at present (last night excepted!). If AS can correct that, then great. However, should he go, the club are probably in a good enough condition to attract a decent replacement, and it would certainly be fascinating to see what another manager was able to do with this set of players. Of course, we might find then that we wanted AS back!
 

Andy Scott

I am keeping an open mind on the should he go/should he stay debate, but I don't think we are getting the best out of the squad at present (last night excepted!). If AS can correct that, then great. However, should he go, the club are probably in a good enough condition to attract a decent replacement, and it would certainly be fascinating to see what another manager was able to do with this set of players. Of course, we might find then that we wanted AS back!

FFS!
 

Andy Scott

I am keeping an open mind on the should he go/should he stay debate, but I don't think we are getting the best out of the squad at present (last night excepted!). If AS can correct that, then great. However, should he go, the club are probably in a good enough condition to attract a decent replacement, and it would certainly be fascinating to see what another manager was able to do with this set of players. Of course, we might find then that we wanted AS back!

erm....:confused:
 

Andy Scott

I am keeping an open mind on the should he go/should he stay debate, but I don't think we are getting the best out of the squad at present (last night excepted!). If AS can correct that, then great. However, should he go, the club are probably in a good enough condition to attract a decent replacement, and it would certainly be fascinating to see what another manager was able to do with this set of players. Of course, we might find then that we wanted AS back!

We have a good squad that is taking time to gel. We have just had one of best results in years. Give the manager a break eh?
 

Andy Scott

We have a good squad that is taking time to gel. We have just had one of best results in years. Give the manager a break eh?

I think the right issue has been raised, but maybe the questions are being asked wrongly.

Since August too many 'big' matches have ended in success, and too many 'sh*te' matches have ended up disastrously for it to be a co-incidence. But although people are right to look at the manager, I think a little too much weight is being pressed on him, and questions should be asked about what the players are up to in all this.
 

Andy Scott

I think the right issue has been raised, but maybe the questions are being asked wrongly.

Since August too many 'big' matches have ended in success, and too many 'sh*te' matches have ended up disastrously for it to be a co-incidence. But although people are right to look at the manager, I think a little too much weight is being pressed on him, and questions should be asked about what the players are up to in all this.

Yep. Apart from Lee, last nights starting 11 was exactly the same as Saturdays. I like the logic of some (yes Wayfarer, I'm thinking of you): Saturday's woeful performance was down to Scott. Last night's, was down to the players. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ok, if you say so.
 

Andy Scott

I am keeping an open mind on the should he go/should he stay debate, but I don't think we are getting the best out of the squad at present (last night excepted!). If AS can correct that, then great. However, should he go, the club are probably in a good enough condition to attract a decent replacement, and it would certainly be fascinating to see what another manager was able to do with this set of players. Of course, we might find then that we wanted AS back!

So in your mind who would a be decent replacement, who is not already in contract at another club, who would do a better job than Scott. lol
 

Andy Scott

There is a point about not being up for the lower oppositions and world-beating performances against the top clubs; this has happened for a couple of seasons, not just in the last few matches. After Everton, AS said "the lads carried out the game-plan to perfection." When he says "they didn't do what they were asked to do", he gets a shower of abuse but it cuts both ways. This lack of motivation for the mundane needs to be addressed... maybe he's got the players believing they are better than they really are? Whatever, Roy Hodgson has the same problem!

Anyway, I can't see why anyone would debate should he go/should he stay; it is quite preposterous.
 

Andy Scott

Anyway, I can't see why anyone would debate should he go/should he stay; it is quite preposterous.

I have always loved the word 'presposterous' and it has never been used more aptly. Other words that fit the bill here are 'ludicrous' (another of my favourites), 'insane' and 'absurd'.
 

Andy Scott

I'll wait until Friday night before making stupid statements, 3 points and a move up the league is vital.
 

Andy Scott

Yep. Apart from Lee, last nights starting 11 was exactly the same as Saturdays. I like the logic of some (yes Wayfarer, I'm thinking of you): Saturday's woeful performance was down to Scott. Last night's, was down to the players. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ok, if you say so.


Like I have said before it's all about opinions I guess. Yes I do get it wrong at times , but so do you, and i am not afraid to admit I'm wrong either. I'll keep my mouth shut in future and keep my opinions to myself.
 

Andy Scott

I don't think you have to keep your opinions to yourself & I haven't said that you should. You have stated repeatedly that you don't rate AS & never wanted him to manage BFC in the first place. What I find difficult to understand is marrying up two of your recent posts. One after the Hartlepool game blamed AS for the poor performance. The other, after the Everton game specifically praised those very same players (apart from Lee) for their excellent performance & was dismissive of AS's contribution ("grudging" I think one poster said). It seems to me that any evidence that you get to decry Scott you shout from the rooftops (well, the keyboard but you know what I mean) & ignore or dismiss his more successful contributions. That just isn't balanced or fair.

Despite Tues great result, AS has a lot of work to do to mould these players into a consistently high performing team, that will do the business where it really matters i.e. the league. For some on here, the jury is out on his ability to do that & I can understand why people are begining to ask questions on his ability to achieve this (based on some of our performances, which apart from the Hull game I've seen). That's legitimate in my view. Some of the posters that have raised doubts on here know their football & their views should not be ignored. I also know that if the performances & results improve, some of those very same posters will be the first to credit AS for the improvement.

Up the Bees.
 

Andy Scott

Like I have said before it's all about opinions I guess. Yes I do get it wrong at times , but so do you, and i am not afraid to admit I'm wrong either. I'll keep my mouth shut in future and keep my opinions to myself.

Don't do that! The GPG should be a 'broad church' where some believe Scott walks on water and other non believers like myself think he moves in mysterious ways!

Either way we're all BFC.
 
Last edited:

Andy Scott

I want AS to know that I demand 3 points on Friday, the cup is fun but it's not really real. I don't even want a performance as I know we can perform, I want and demand 3 points.

Thank you.
 

Andy Scott

Don't do that! The GPG should be a 'broad church' where some believe Scott walks on water and other non believers like myself think he moves in mysterious ways!

Either way we're all BFC.

Indeed, indeed and for my part I must say that I am particularly fond of those of our supporters who appear to be inhabiting a different planet. It's all about diversity after all
 

Andy Scott

Indeed, indeed and for my part I must say that I am particularly fond of those of our supporters who appear to be inhabiting a different planet. It's all about diversity after all

May I say that I quite like you but am pleased as punch that you are on a different planet to me. People that are always nice and always positive do my head in more than people who react to anything and everything like me.
I reckon that you would have called Hartlepool another point towards greatness and a clean sheet thrown in which was nice whereas I called it total sh*t that was a waste of everyone's time.:wave:
 

Andy Scott

May I say that I quite like you but am pleased as punch that you are on a different planet to me. People that are always nice and always positive do my head in more than people who react to anything and everything like me.
I reckon that you would have called Hartlepool another point towards greatness and a clean sheet thrown in which was nice whereas I called it total sh*t that was a waste of everyone's time.:wave:

It really was poor. After about 35 mins, my missus just looked up & said "this is so boring". A very accurate summary, I thought!
 

Andy Scott

May I say that I quite like you but am pleased as punch that you are on a different planet to me. People that are always nice and always positive do my head in more than people who react to anything and everything like me.
I reckon that you would have called Hartlepool another point towards greatness and a clean sheet thrown in which was nice whereas I called it total sh*t that was a waste of everyone's time.:wave:

Two things:

First, I react to what I see but I don't see as much as you. If I saw sh*t I would call it sh*t, but in the games I have seen over the last two years or so I haven't seen it

Secondly, I agree that results in the league have not been good enough and don't feel at all positive about that. Its the belief that the appropriatie response to this is to heap opprobrium on AS that I find somewhat extra-terrestrial

PS I think you were waving at me but the atmosphere up here is particularly thick today - thought I would wave back just in case! :wave:
 

Andy Scott

It really was poor. After about 35 mins, my missus just looked up & said "this is so boring". A very accurate summary, I thought!

Well done for lasting 35 minutes as I can only dream of that nowadays, my missus has been telling me it's boring for a fair few years now so Brentford is my only real pleasure left.
 

Andy Scott

Don't do that! The GPG should be a 'broad church' where some believe Scott walks on water and other non believers like myself think he moves in mysterious ways!

Either way we're all BFC.


Well said young man. You say it how you see it and I like that :sorted:
 

Andy Scott

I don't think you have to keep your opinions to yourself & I haven't said that you should. You have stated repeatedly that you don't rate AS & never wanted him to manage BFC in the first place. What I find difficult to understand is marrying up two of your recent posts. One after the Hartlepool game blamed AS for the poor performance. The other, after the Everton game specifically praised those very same players (apart from Lee) for their excellent performance & was dismissive of AS's contribution ("grudging" I think one poster said). It seems to me that any evidence that you get to decry Scott you shout from the rooftops (well, the keyboard but you know what I mean) & ignore or dismiss his more successful contributions. That just isn't balanced or fair.

Despite Tues great result, AS has a lot of work to do to mould these players into a consistently high performing team, that will do the business where it really matters i.e. the league. For some on here, the jury is out on his ability to do that & I can understand why people are begining to ask questions on his ability to achieve this (based on some of our performances, which apart from the Hull game I've seen). That's legitimate in my view. Some of the posters that have raised doubts on here know their football & their views should not be ignored. I also know that if the performances & results improve, some of those very same posters will be the first to credit AS for the improvement.

Up the Bees.


I see your point NPB. Against Everton, AS had a plan and it worked a wonderfully well. Please tell me what plan he had against Hartlepool with the same team (apart from Richard Lee). Several posters on here heard AS giving orders to HOOF it up the wing. It seems to me that when our Bees play passing football, it is a joy to watch. OK, we have had some bad luck with our finishing, but once the floodgates open I'm sure there are a lot of goals in this team. The best is yet to come.
 

Andy Scott

interview with him on Match of the Day on BBC1 last night. says the club deserve more credit and wants to be on tele in round 4 of the league cup. rofl
 

Andy Scott

I see your point NPB. Against Everton, AS had a plan and it worked a wonderfully well. Please tell me what plan he had against Hartlepool with the same team (apart from Richard Lee). Several posters on here heard AS giving orders to HOOF it up the wing. It seems to me that when our Bees play passing football, it is a joy to watch. OK, we have had some bad luck with our finishing, but once the floodgates open I'm sure there are a lot of goals in this team. The best is yet to come.

It was the same plan, get it out to the wings. It didn't work & we didn't alter the plan. Very frustrating to watch. We are either very very good or very very poor. There is no in-between. That's why I think people get so frustrated. We need to be able to change our game plan during the game if our original set up isn't working. That's what I'd like to see.
 

Andy Scott

May I say that I quite like you but am pleased as punch that you are on a different planet to me. People that are always nice and always positive do my head in more than people who react to anything and everything like me.
I reckon that you would have called Hartlepool another point towards greatness and a clean sheet thrown in which was nice whereas I called it total sh*t that was a waste of everyone's time.:wave:


rofl rofl rofl
 

Andy Scott

Despite Tues great result, AS has a lot of work to do to mould these players into a consistently high performing team, that will do the business where it really matters i.e. the league. For some on here, the jury is out on his ability to do that & I can understand why people are begining to ask questions on his ability to achieve this (based on some of our performances, which apart from the Hull game I've seen). That's legitimate in my view. Some of the posters that have raised doubts on here know their football & their views should not be ignored. I also know that if the performances & results improve, some of those very same posters will be the first to credit AS for the improvement.

Up the Bees.

This is a very reasonable post but do you really believe the last bit? Aren't most of the AS critics on here pretty much dyed in the wool in their loathing? Most appear in droves after every defeat and then disappear again after a good run of results, or an outstanding one like Tuesday's.
 

Andy Scott

It was the same plan, get it out to the wings. It didn't work & we didn't alter the plan. Very frustrating to watch. We are either very very good or very very poor. There is no in-between. That's why I think people get so frustrated. We need to be able to change our game plan during the game if our original set up isn't working. That's what I'd like to see.

I am sure it will come, but we are also better against teams who come on to us, rather than having to break down a 10 man defence. Hence we may be better suited to playing away where the home team is more likely to play more open, or better opposition who have the confidence to have a go at us at GP.
 

Andy Scott

This is a very reasonable post but do you really believe the last bit? Aren't most of the AS critics on here pretty much dyed in the wool in their loathing? Most appear in droves after every defeat and then disappear again after a good run of results, or an outstanding one like Tuesday's.

Yes agree, and that is why (IMO) you cannot start making judgements until 20 games or so. The same critics were on here last year at approx the same time when we were in the bottom 7 or 8. Scott managed to find the answers and we came a creditable 9th. Did'nt see any posts on here from those critics holding their hands up. You can't please all the people all the time.
 

Andy Scott

Yes agree, and that is why (IMO) you cannot start making judgements until 20 games or so. The same critics were on here last year at approx the same time when we were in the bottom 7 or 8. Scott managed to find the answers and we came a creditable 9th. Did'nt see any posts on here from those critics holding their hands up. You can't please all the people all the time.

But then you get bods like me who don't really like him, I don't worry too much about that and when we win I couldn't give a flying feck but when we lose and lose as sh*ttily as we tend to do (no fight, no nothing) then I really feel wound up by his crapness that has wasted my time and money and messed my mode up for a day or two.
 

Andy Scott

But then you get bods like me who don't really like him, I don't worry too much about that and when we win I couldn't give a flying feck but when we lose and lose as sh*ttily as we tend to do (no fight, no nothing) then I really feel wound up by his crapness that has wasted my time and money and messed my mode up for a day or two.

Fair point, cant really argue with that...cos I feel the same way. Guess I don't my grudges as long as you.....
 

Andy Scott

This is a very reasonable post but do you really believe the last bit? Aren't most of the AS critics on here pretty much dyed in the wool in their loathing? Most appear in droves after every defeat and then disappear again after a good run of results, or an outstanding one like Tuesday's.

I chose my words very carefully. "Some posters". I know of at least two who will give out stick when it's justified & praise when that's appropriate. I absolutely agree that some have already made their mind up and can't wait for the day when they can say "I told you so".
 

Andy Scott

But then you get bods like me who don't really like him, I don't worry too much about that and when we win I couldn't give a flying feck but when we lose and lose as sh*ttily as we tend to do (no fight, no nothing) then I really feel wound up by his crapness that has wasted my time and money and messed my mode up for a day or two.

Exactly my semtiment. Personally I dont think he has the right to tell bees fans that have spent good money that they are a *****. I also think he is really overated by many on here. I reserve judgement on him possibly till after next season(if he is still here) I feel Andys record is a bit of a mixed bag.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom