Another Manager Poll

Who Should Be the Latest Next Manager?

  • Nicky Forster

    Votes: 139 27.0%
  • Gary Johnson

    Votes: 66 12.8%
  • Martin Allen

    Votes: 76 14.8%
  • Chris Hughton

    Votes: 47 9.1%
  • Steve Coppell

    Votes: 78 15.2%
  • Alan Curbishley

    Votes: 42 8.2%
  • Roberto di Matteo

    Votes: 82 16.0%
  • Paulo Sousa

    Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Dean Holdsworth

    Votes: 14 2.7%
  • Paul Buckle

    Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Keith Hill

    Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Jim Magilton

    Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Director of Football / Forster

    Votes: 126 24.5%
  • Someone Else (Please Add Name to Thread)

    Votes: 18 3.5%

  • Total voters
    514
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another Manager Poll

What we must have is what is best for the club. Recent decisions at this club have often been done with finance the only consideration.The cheap solution will not get us promoted. Up the Bees.

Erm......I thought that was the key criteria for all businesses not just Brentford Football Club.........how much monies do we have to spend and what's the best use for them. Surely whether we're buying a box of paper clips or appointing a new team manager finance is the major consideration.

What the poster meant (I believe) was that we should be able to fish from a bigger pond than back in the bucket shaking era. This is an opportunity to make a big statement about the future of BFC......

Thorne in the Side is tweeting that Torquay have allowed us to talk to Paul Buckle.

...and this is nothing resembling a big statement about the future of BFC....

So, if rumours are to be believed, the six candidates are:

Buckle
Forster
Warburton
Di Matteo
Hoddle
Coppell

Strong list I reckon. All have their merits.

...I doubt we're talking to Hoddle. The others are possibles, I suppose. I am torn between Coppell, Di Matteo and Fozzy and still haven't decided. I'm getting the feeling that there is an increasing clamour for Coppell. He would be a decent appointment and has probably also auditioned the squad in his mind and where he would like to run with it. Probably get Buckle as we have never really done ambition.

My thoughts exactly - would be devestated if someone like he (Buckle) leads out my team next season...

Prepare yourself.... this aint no fans'-run club you know! ;)
 

Another Manager Poll

Cant see that Buckle is the answer, yes has more managerial experience than Forster but suggest that the managers he has played for and the level of performance that NF has enjoyed would make him an equally deserving candidate and as such see no need to change if Buckle is teh alternative.

For once however I do trust the board to get this decision correct, or as best they can without the benefit of any crystal ball. Experience does not guarantee any success but might result in more ideas how to alter things when they go wrong and also give greater connections. On the other hand experience often means that players are brought in to the club that have played for that manager before. sometimes good and sometimes not.

Ultimatley the baord have got to juglle with ambition and a level of expenditure that is controllable, big name managers equate to big salaries and possibly more than one, logicaally this has to come out of teh playing budget therefore reducing the amount available to be spent on the players who actually have to produce teh goods. Would love to see a DeMateo, Hoddle etc however if that means we are forced to shop in the bargain basement for players and have to rely on the existing squad again next term then I suggest that the appointment of NF for a further 12 months is the way forward.

We can see how he wants to play the game and there is no doubt the football has been easier on the eye, he has taken over a squad of players that I doubt he would have chosen and tried to turn them into a "footballing" team. Given the opportunity to bring in players who can play in the style that he prefers money spent on the team may be a better investment than many spent on a "name" for manager.
 

Another Manager Poll

Cant see that Buckle is the answer, yes has more managerial experience than Forster but suggest that the managers he has played for and the level of performance that NF has enjoyed would make him an equally deserving candidate and as such see no need to change if Buckle is teh alternative.

For once however I do trust the board to get this decision correct, or as best they can without the benefit of any crystal ball. Experience does not guarantee any success but might result in more ideas how to alter things when they go wrong and also give greater connections. On the other hand experience often means that players are brought in to the club that have played for that manager before. sometimes good and sometimes not.

Ultimatley the baord have got to juglle with ambition and a level of expenditure that is controllable, big name managers equate to big salaries and possibly more than one, logicaally this has to come out of teh playing budget therefore reducing the amount available to be spent on the players who actually have to produce teh goods. Would love to see a DeMateo, Hoddle etc however if that means we are forced to shop in the bargain basement for players and have to rely on the existing squad again next term then I suggest that the appointment of NF for a further 12 months is the way forward.

We can see how he wants to play the game and there is no doubt the football has been easier on the eye, he has taken over a squad of players that I doubt he would have chosen and tried to turn them into a "footballing" team. Given the opportunity to bring in players who can play in the style that he prefers money spent on the team may be a better investment than many spent on a "name" for manager.

Totally agree with all this Pipe. I'd be really happy if Fozzy plus Breadman take us forward. There's enough evidence to show that when we get it down and play the way Fozzy wants we are a match for the best in this division and it's also clear where the gaps need to be filled on the pitch to make us a real force next season. Why waste money on a big name [ ? if there is one ] when it's players who win matches. If Fozzy doesn't get it [ and at least the Board has seen what he can do with the staff available] and someone comes in and fails, what of the Board's reputation then ?
 

Another Manager Poll

I doubt we could sell it to a big name manager and say "by the way, we've blown our budget on your wages, here's two bob for some new players".
 

Another Manager Poll

Totally agree with all this Pipe. I'd be really happy if Fozzy plus Breadman take us forward. There's enough evidence to show that when we get it down and play the way Fozzy wants we are a match for the best in this division and it's also clear where the gaps need to be filled on the pitch to make us a real force next season. Why waste money on a big name [ ? if there is one ] when it's players who win matches. If Fozzy doesn't get it [ and at least the Board has seen what he can do with the staff available] and someone comes in and fails, what of the Board's reputation then ?
What if Fozzy didnt get the job and Warburton did? Both have applied.Two people cant get the job can they? Paul Hart has left Swindon today,what if Fozzy sends his CV there,do you think he would post MWs as well.I dont.In fact how would anyone feel if Mark Warburton was appointed manager? it could happen
 

Another Manager Poll

What if Fozzy didnt get the job and Warburton did? Both have applied.Two people cant get the job can they? Paul Hart has left Swindon today,what if Fozzy sends his CV there,do you think he would post MWs as well.I dont.In fact how would anyone feel if Mark Warburton was appointed manager? it could happen
Would we get compensation given that he is still contracted as a player for next season if he gets another managerial job
 

Another Manager Poll

Last edited:

Another Manager Poll

What if Fozzy didnt get the job and Warburton did? Both have applied.Two people cant get the job can they? Paul Hart has left Swindon today,what if Fozzy sends his CV there,do you think he would post MWs as well.I dont.In fact how would anyone feel if Mark Warburton was appointed manager? it could happen

What's with all these questions ?
I thought you knew who the manager is ?
 

Another Manager Poll

....I just wish they'd get on with it and appoint someone permanently.
What are they doing? Trying to contact their schoolteachers for references?
 

Another Manager Poll

....I just wish they'd get on with it and appoint someone permanently.
What are they doing? Trying to contact their schoolteachers for references?

Interviews are still ongoing :D
 

Another Manager Poll

What if Fozzy didnt get the job and Warburton did? Both have applied.Two people cant get the job can they? Paul Hart has left Swindon today,what if Fozzy sends his CV there,do you think he would post MWs as well.I dont.In fact how would anyone feel if Mark Warburton was appointed manager? it could happen

I think the same with Warburton as I do Forster - it obviously won't have the same impact as someone like Di Matteo. If we are serious about encouraging better players to come to to Brentford then we need to firstly make a big statement of our intentions and secondly have something to draw them in. A manager with a good status in the game will achieve both.
 

Another Manager Poll

was he on the list?? I do hope not..:wave:

Doubt he was on the list but why dont you like him? Got a good coaching background and has done very well in his first season as a manager.
 

Another Manager Poll

What's with all these questions ?
I thought you knew who the manager is ?

It was a question to that particular poster Smiffy.Yes I was told who was in line for the job late feb early march.For those that I have spoken too about that subject I have said the same all along and that is that I hope its wrong.Not my choice so im hoping someone else gets it.That ok? with regards to NF/MW you can read it either way,joint or separate applications.I can see both ways
 

Another Manager Poll

Another Manager Poll

I think the same with Warburton as I do Forster - it obviously won't have the same impact as someone like Di Matteo. If we are serious about encouraging better players to come to to Brentford then we need to firstly make a big statement of our intentions and secondly have something to draw them in. A manager with a good status in the game will achieve both.
Yep, nothing against Nicky Forster but a mixture of some good, bad and indifferent results I personally don't feel is the basis of giving him a permanent contract, as for Mark Warburton I'd never heard of him before he came into the club as I expect a number of other people hadn't. If Forster and/or Warburton is appointed it will be the most underwhelming appointment since..... Andy Scott.
 

Another Manager Poll

Yep, nothing against Nicky Forster but a mixture of some good, bad and indifferent results I personally don't feel is the basis of giving him a permanent contract, as for Mark Warburton I'd never heard of him before he came into the club as I expect a number of other people hadn't. If Forster and/or Warburton is appointed it will be the most underwhelming appointment since..... Andy Scott.

Sums up exactly how I feel too. The Swindon horror show was a big worry.
 

Another Manager Poll

I think the same with Warburton as I do Forster - it obviously won't have the same impact as someone like Di Matteo. If we are serious about encouraging better players to come to to Brentford then we need to firstly make a big statement of our intentions and secondly have something to draw them in. A manager with a good status in the game will achieve both.

Yep, spot on! DM would be a real statement of intent; Foz has promise and I wouldn't lost sleep if he is appointed; Buckle would be a right kick in the teeth ('scuse the pun!)

PS a rare sight today - a chap with a Bees shirt on getting off the U1bus in the centre of Southampton :)
 

Another Manager Poll

Sums up exactly how I feel too. The Swindon horror show was a big worry.

How can you possibly judge him on one poor performance with a bunch of players he didn't choose ?. I can only see positives in Nicky Forster, he put Sam Saunders and Tourmani back in the side, and they have shown the're probably our 2 best players.
 

Another Manager Poll

Yep, spot on! DM would be a real statement of intent; Foz has promise and I wouldn't lost sleep if he is appointed; Buckle would be a right kick in the teeth ('scuse the pun!)

PS a rare sight today - a chap with a Bees shirt on getting off the U1bus in the centre of Southampton :)

it wasnt mr b the bee driving the bus was it? on his days off he likes to ride the buses around town anorak style
 

Another Manager Poll

It was a question to that particular poster Smiffy.Yes I was told who was in line for the job late feb early march.For those that I have spoken too about that subject I have said the same all along and that is that I hope its wrong.Not my choice so im hoping someone else gets it.That ok? with regards to NF/MW you can read it either way,joint or separate applications.I can see both ways

So I think you were told Nicky had the job sewn up.
This was never the case and I think who ever your source was on this was jumping the gun.

...the interview process will give the club a chance to see who is interested and who is interesting.

I wait with burger breath :hat:
 

Another Manager Poll

So I think you were told Nicky had the job sewn up.
This was never the case and I think who ever your source was on this was jumping the gun.

...the interview process will give the club a chance to see who is interested and who is interesting.
I wait with burger breath :hat:

No it wasnt Fozzy.Ok? He is my choice and thats who I voted for in this poll.Some may agree and some may not.
 

Another Manager Poll

i thought horsham said something along the lines of the manager already knew he had the job. is that right? didn't someone who used to be something at crawley know someone who knew something? i like these posts with lots of questions. does arfur daley now who the new man is? why are we bovvering still holding interviews?
 

Another Manager Poll

No it wasnt Fozzy.Ok? He is my choice and thats who I voted for in this poll.Some may agree and some may not.

So I think you were told Paul Buckle had the job sewn up.
This was never the case and I think who ever your source was on this was jumping the gun.

...the interview process will give the club a chance to see who is interested and who is interesting.

I wait with burger breath :moo:
 

Another Manager Poll

i note paul buckle has one vote on the poll above... abee, did you vote or was it matthew benham?
 

Another Manager Poll

So I think you were told Paul Buckle had the job sewn up.
This was never the case and I think who ever your source was on this was jumping the gun.

...the interview process will give the club a chance to see who is interested and who is interesting.

I wait with burger breath :moo:

Paul Buckle!!!!!! Doing a job and a half at Torquay.Be very surprised if he left there.Two decent seasons in the Conference with two Wembley finals thrown in complete with promotion.Iffy season last year,but the board trusted him and this season he has done well again.He will get Torquay into lge 1.Got a decent coach in Shaun North and a good set up around him.
 

Another Manager Poll

Saunders was already in the side and had been for several weeks. He was only out because he was injured.

:rolleyes:

Here we go again........... Saunders was picked due to Weston being out and having a few mares. Sam was played wide left, it worked, but then he got injured. Toumani was shackled. Look at him now.
 

Another Manager Poll

Has MW applied separately for the job or is it just hearsay?

http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/...rts-planning-for-next-season-109642-28586093/

In this interview Fossy says "Mark Warburton and I talk about the squad and have our opinions, but there's no point doing any planning until we find out (if we've got the job)."

Sound like they are a team when i read that.

Looks like its a double act then.Makes a lot of sense if they do.As abee enjoys replying to my posts so much then maybe he can enlighten us more.Over to you abee
 

Another Manager Poll

Saunders was already in the side and had been for several weeks. He was only out because he was injured.

Oh for Gods sake. Everyone has moved on from Scott, can you not just do the same. If not then I suggest you find your way here and post away till your hearts content.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450

I have never put a poster on ignore before but I am close to doing so. You are incredibly irritating.
 

Another Manager Poll

Saunders was already in the side and had been for several weeks. He was only out because he was injured.

You are still gonna be harping on about this next year are you not.If you are then may i suggest a day trip to the Don Valley Stadium and do not forget your binoculars.Andy Scott will be the one in the pink jumper:sorted::sorted: p.s you can get a flight to Leeds/Bradford
 

Another Manager Poll

Looks like its a double act then.Makes a lot of sense if they do.As abee enjoys replying to my posts so much then maybe he can enlighten us more.Over to you abee

You better hope abee enjoys your posts/replying to your posts or he'll add you to his Sweepy list.
 

Another Manager Poll

i note paul buckle has one vote on the poll above... abee, did you vote or was it matthew benham?

I know these polls are not supposed to be scientific but if he got the gig it would show how much say the fans have in this fans' run club. lol
 

Another Manager Poll

Saunders was already in the side and had been for several weeks. He was only out because he was injured.

Oh for Gods sake. Everyone has moved on from Scott, can you not just do the same. If not then I suggest you find your way here and post away till your hearts content.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450

I have never put a poster on ignore before but I am close to doing so. You are incredibly irritating.

:yes: do it :sorted: In 6 years+ only the Paris bloke and salford bloke have made it on my ignore list :bound: well worth it, not reading the sh*te they come out with :mad1:
 

Another Manager Poll

I think i already am.You gotta laugh though havnt ya:D

Indeedy lol

Maybe I'll put in a freedom of BFC info request to find out how many contentious voices he has on ignore here. I'm still Room 101'd because of my red mist episode following that damaging Dagenham fixture.

Actually, now I think about it I'm not that fussed. I just can't block people, however tempting it will be, because it's the not knowing I couldn't deal with. Good job most of us are quite thick-skinned, because I am always going to get a deserved earful on here time to time.

Now, I know the main players at the club probably wont be seeing this but I'll plead with them to bring us Coppell and I'll behave for at least 12 months. Deal? :D
 

Another Manager Poll

I Love NF and he WILL one day make a great manager but i am now more in favour of someone with experience!!!! If NF can be the new bosses assistant then brilliant and ideal but we have to start again nxt season. New players, new manager, better crowds and hopefully a prmotion push!!!!
 

Another Manager Poll

I have to say I agree with the fella above. We need someone who's going to bring a bit of energy and enthusiasm to the club. As much as Forster has done a good job, I can't see his appointment bringing those qualities back to the club. The season ticket application forms were put up on the official site today. I can't imagine take up will be great without some wholesale changes. Everything at Brentford is getting a bit stale at the moment (atmosphere, players, ambition) and it needs a shake up.
 

Another Manager Poll

Whilst there have definitely been some positives to take from Forsters spell as boss; the more attractive football, installing confidence in some of the players. If truth be told though, the home form is still pretty awful. 3 of the 4 signings he's made weren't any better than what we already had. Making the same mistake several times in playing Reed and allowing us to get overrun in midfield, with no shape or width. Barring the initial honeymoon period - the form hasn't been great. All things considered I'll certainly be hoping for someone else at the helm next season - and that we don't gamble and go for another rookie.
 

Another Manager Poll

New manager obviously isn't going to be NF - there is no reason why it wouldn't have been announced if he was the number 1 choice. Maybe we're waiting for someone else to accept or maybe someone else has accepted but the board don't want to take away from the good job Nicky has done in keeping us in L1.

Di Matteo would be my choice, but regardless of who the manager is better players are needed, the current squad is a mid table squad.
 

Another Manager Poll

Confirmed in the programme today that Forster and Warburton have are both on the shortlist
 

Another Manager Poll

Forster or Warburton or Buckle appointed = "we're a small club and there ain't much money to spend for next season."

Di Mateo or Coppell = "we're a small club, but you find the right players and we'll back you. We have the set up to get into the Championship and stay there."

...something like that.

Other than Coppell, I'd still choose Keith Hill (who I voted for last time) and back him with some readies.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom