Bees - Blackburn

Bees - Blackburn

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/topic/32165-next-game-brentford-v-rovers-7th-may-2017/

Here's a link to the Bees match thread on a Rovers forum. There's a picture of a naked John McCririck. Why wouldn't there be:shrug:

Feel sorry for you chaps. The fans on your forum seem very decent with a wry self-deprecating outlook. I admire your collective commitment too in selling out, especially as there are no convenient trains. It would be brilliant to say you were at GP if you survive but the odds of course are stacked against you.
 
Last edited:

Bees - Blackburn

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/topic/32165-next-game-brentford-v-rovers-7th-may-2017/

Here's a link to the Bees match thread on a Rovers forum. There's a picture of a naked John McCririck. Why wouldn't there be:shrug:

Thanks for posting that. It's always very interesting to get the other side's view of things. You chaps seem very down to earth and level headed about the situation - not much bluster or bravado, (which is typical at self-proclaimed "big clubs" like Villa or Wolves).
 

Bees - Blackburn

Does it have to be sold to someone to make it worth giving it back?

Yes, but if you can't go at least it's a chance for someone else and if it is then sold you will receive credit against future purchases, mine for ER is going on the exchange tomorrow
 

Bees - Blackburn

Working in the Philippines and there are 3 other Ex Pats in the office. An Aussie, a Forest Fan and a Birmingham fan. I am having some fun today :). Looking forward to Sunday night here and watching the games together. However much I would enjoy further wind ups, I could never watch my team in this league and want them to lose. Its an absolute pleasure supporting the Bees from afar these days!
 

Bees - Blackburn

Working in the Philippines and there are 3 other Ex Pats in the office. An Aussie, a Forest Fan and a Birmingham fan. I am having some fun today :). Looking forward to Sunday night here and watching the games together. However much I would enjoy further wind ups, I could never watch my team in this league and want them to lose. Its an absolute pleasure supporting the Bees from afar these days!

Lol, it's going to be a good night.
 

Bees - Blackburn

Not sure Blackburn's form this season can all be put down to the Venky's. They have some decent players and appointed what many would view as sensible British managers. They are were they are because of underperforming on the pitch.

Yes and no, we are where we are unfortunately due to our owners. They have been corrupt and dealing with the wrong people since day one. Even the appointment of Owen Coyle was extremely dodgy and questionable seeing as the Chairman was on holiday and was not made aware that Coyle had been appointed. Coyle unfortunately in the last 5 years has not had a good record and would be considered a good appointment in League One or in Scotland but not in the Championship. Mowbray on the other hand has been a breath of fresh air but it seems to be too little too late. With regards to our squad we do have decent players here and there, but the pre-season under Coyle is what has killed us and his inability to know how to set up a side. The fitness of our players was awful under him and we had no system, no tactics, nothing it was all guess work. Our signing as well have been bang average with only 250k invested throughout the whole year the buck stops at the Owners and the Manager.
 

Bees - Blackburn

How is the general feeling of Brentford fans for this game? Is it similar to a Villa Scenario where we had Villa fans chanting "We Want You To Win" or more lets get the 3 points and finish the season on a high
 

Bees - Blackburn

How is the general feeling of Brentford fans for this game? Is it similar to a Villa Scenario where we had Villa fans chanting "We Want You To Win" or more lets get the 3 points and finish the season on a high

There are some on here who would rather see Forest or Brum go down than another entertaining home win for the Bees. Nothing against your lot, but I don't get it myself.
 

Bees - Blackburn

How is the general feeling of Brentford fans for this game? Is it similar to a Villa Scenario where we had Villa fans chanting "We Want You To Win" or more lets get the 3 points and finish the season on a high

I don't want Rovers to go down for me I want Brum to go down mainly because I've had hassle from there "fans" everytime we have played them, if they don't go then I want Forest to go, not because I dislike them as I grew up with the great Clough Forest team beating all the big teams of the day and I've never had any bother with there fans, it's just how Warburton spun the media when he left and what an ungrateful little toad he is after MB gave him his chance
 

Bees - Blackburn

How is the general feeling of Brentford fans for this game? Is it similar to a Villa Scenario where we had Villa fans chanting "We Want You To Win" or more lets get the 3 points and finish the season on a high

Think it's a case of all of us wanting to see another exhilarating win with lots of goals and players putting on the style. However if we bettered you but you heroically withstood everything and nicked a point ( or 3) that saw Forrest or Brum relegated then I think we could accept that with remarkable grace !!!
 

Bees - Blackburn

How is the general feeling of Brentford fans for this game? Is it similar to a Villa Scenario where we had Villa fans chanting "We Want You To Win" or more lets get the 3 points and finish the season on a high

Most fans I talk to are pleased that there is obviously something on the game. Sky cameras down is a great cash bonus. I reckon for every fan that wants Forest to go down there will be one who is desperate to see Warburton back at GP so not too much of a Villa scenario, more a 3 points and finish on a high. Sorry.
 

Bees - Blackburn

How is the general feeling of Brentford fans for this game? Is it similar to a Villa Scenario where we had Villa fans chanting "We Want You To Win" or more lets get the 3 points and finish the season on a high

Personally I'd love to see MW & Forest crash & burn. The perfect scenario would be us beaing you 1-0 and Forest losing 0-3 to Ipswich, then there'd be no arguments. Similar to Mr Pipe, though, if you got a luck goal early on and then we absolutely battered you, but your keeper & defence played out of their skin and Ipswich got a 95th minute equaliser, I wouldn't complain.
 

Bees - Blackburn

How is the general feeling of Brentford fans for this game? Is it similar to a Villa Scenario where we had Villa fans chanting "We Want You To Win" or more lets get the 3 points and finish the season on a high

I want a bees win but really want Forrest or Brum to go down, in that order.

Because of that snake at Forrest i really want them down.
 

Bees - Blackburn

I just want Brentford to win.... What that means to other teams I have no interest in...
 

Bees - Blackburn

How is the general feeling of Brentford fans for this game? Is it similar to a Villa Scenario where we had Villa fans chanting "We Want You To Win" or more lets get the 3 points and finish the season on a high
I'd like to see a decent game with hopefully the end result being you stay up and forest go down.....wanting Brum to go down would be too much as for that to happen youd have to win...
 

Bees - Blackburn

Thanks to the chap (essexbees) who came over to our forum to wish us all the best for Sunday. It's nice when other clubs supporters don't feel the need to troll. Anyway, I hope one of you has knocked up a 'Venky's Out' banner for Sunday :sorted: For those interested I've linked a few of the millions of articles written about the dodgy goings on at our club over the past 6 years. It makes me weep. Sounds like you've got a great owner. We had one once and it makes you proper proud.

Welcome to the occupation, aided and abetted by the FA:-

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/d...ec/21/blackburn-rovers-venkys-jerome-anderson

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...he-history-of-blackburn-rovers-crisis-150102/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ent-Jerome-Anderson-comes-under-scrutiny.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-Why-wont-FA-tell-whats-going-Blackburn.html

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...keep-buck-passing-the-blackburn-farce-300401/

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...ship_proposal_____as_Seneca_Partners_respond/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ft-no-joy-no-money-no-hope.html#ixzz4gCrDpwxz
 

Bees - Blackburn

Thanks to the chap (essexbees) who came over to our forum to wish us all the best for Sunday. It's nice when other clubs supporters don't feel the need to troll. Anyway, I hope one of you has knocked up a 'Venky's Out' banner for Sunday :sorted: For those interested I've linked a few of the millions of articles written about the dodgy goings on at our club over the past 6 years. It makes me weep. Sounds like you've got a great owner. We had one once and it makes you proper proud.

Welcome to the occupation, aided and abetted by the FA:-

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/d...ec/21/blackburn-rovers-venkys-jerome-anderson

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...he-history-of-blackburn-rovers-crisis-150102/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ent-Jerome-Anderson-comes-under-scrutiny.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-Why-wont-FA-tell-whats-going-Blackburn.html

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...keep-buck-passing-the-blackburn-farce-300401/

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...ship_proposal_____as_Seneca_Partners_respond/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ft-no-joy-no-money-no-hope.html#ixzz4gCrDpwxz

I do feel for you guys, it is horrible to have the guts ripped out of your club, one dodgy owner and everything changes, I read somewhere the Venkys had only
spent £250k in the last 3 years on players, not sure if that is true but that virtually guarantees relegation, compare that to the obscene amounts Villa have spent,
good luck for the future.
 

Bees - Blackburn

Think it's a case of all of us wanting to see another exhilarating win with lots of goals and players putting on the style. However if we bettered you but you heroically withstood everything and nicked a point ( or 3) that saw Forrest or Brum relegated then I think we could accept that with remarkable grace !!!

Not me! I want to see a victory. And (for admittedly selfish reasons) I want Forest to stay up.

Having said that, I do feel for the BRFC supporters whose club has been run down so badly by poor owners. But, in time, they'll rebuild and come back.
 

Bees - Blackburn

I do feel for you guys, it is horrible to have the guts ripped out of your club, one dodgy owner and everything changes, I read somewhere the Venkys had only
spent £250k in the last 3 years on players, not sure if that is true but that virtually guarantees relegation, compare that to the obscene amounts Villa have spent,
good luck for the future.

Aye, spent £250k in the last two years and raked in £30m+

The Chicken-Chokers can cluck right off:mad1:
 

Bees - Blackburn

Really got mixed feelings about this game.

1. I want us to win and end the season with a bang.
2. I can't stand Birmingham - together with Fulham and Huddersfield in my top 3 teams I hate with a passion.
3. I dislike Warburton. So equally want Forest to go down.
 

Bees - Blackburn

How is the general feeling of Brentford fans for this game? Is it similar to a Villa Scenario where we had Villa fans chanting "We Want You To Win" or more lets get the 3 points and finish the season on a high

3 points mate.
But if we lose, we want the Bluenoses to go down!!
 

Bees - Blackburn

I don't care who goes down. I just want us to win an end the season 8th or 9th, at least as good and possibly higher than last season. COYR's!!!
 

Bees - Blackburn

How is the general feeling of Brentford fans for this game? Is it similar to a Villa Scenario where we had Villa fans chanting "We Want You To Win" or more lets get the 3 points and finish the season on a high

Que sera etc. Every August we all start at 0pts & 46 games to achieve enough to get to do it again the following August. Some seasons it just doesn't happen & we've had plenty of those experiences over the years.
We'll be going for the win to ensure a 3rd consecutive Top 10 finish since we returned to this level (I/V Dean Smith). This will be despite hiccoughs like last season's 3x Head Coaches, numerous player sales & a run of horrendous major injuries.
We seem to play our best in the Spring (w 1-5 at Huddersfield last May), & if the season started in January, we'd be world beaters!
That said, I'd still prefer either of Warbs or Brum (long memory) to go down before Blackburn....
 

Bees - Blackburn

Thanks to the chap (essexbees) who came over to our forum to wish us all the best for Sunday. It's nice when other clubs supporters don't feel the need to troll. Anyway, I hope one of you has knocked up a 'Venky's Out' banner for Sunday :sorted: For those interested I've linked a few of the millions of articles written about the dodgy goings on at our club over the past 6 years. It makes me weep. Sounds like you've got a great owner. We had one once and it makes you proper proud.

Welcome to the occupation, aided and abetted by the FA:-

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/d...ec/21/blackburn-rovers-venkys-jerome-anderson

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...he-history-of-blackburn-rovers-crisis-150102/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ent-Jerome-Anderson-comes-under-scrutiny.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-Why-wont-FA-tell-whats-going-Blackburn.html

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...keep-buck-passing-the-blackburn-farce-300401/

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...ship_proposal_____as_Seneca_Partners_respond/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ft-no-joy-no-money-no-hope.html#ixzz4gCrDpwxz

Doubt anyone has the energy to knock up banners. Do one yourself and arrange to get it to us and I'm sure we'll do it.

Win 1-0 and Forest blow it is my preference
 

Bees - Blackburn

Sometimes the best medicine for the long term is a bitter pill to take. I think at the moment relegation for BR might actually be in their best interest and they'll come back stronger rather than floundering around at the base of the Championship for another season.

Cant really see myself ever wishing a loss on us but having said that if I was sure that NF or Brum were going to lose I might be tempted to be happy with a draw in our match, especially if I also knew Derby and Norwich were going to win so it made no difference to our position.

In the absence of knowing other results though have to go for the win and hope NF implode.
 

Bees - Blackburn

The ideal situation for me would be for us to win and Ipswich to beat Forest by a greater margin to send the Breadman down.
 

Bees - Blackburn

Sometimes the best medicine for the long term is a bitter pill to take. I think at the moment relegation for BR might actually be in their best interest and they'll come back stronger rather than floundering around at the base of the Championship for another season.

Cant really see myself ever wishing a loss on us but having said that if I was sure that NF or Brum were going to lose I might be tempted to be happy with a draw in our match, especially if I also knew Derby and Norwich were going to win so it made no difference to our position.

In the absence of knowing other results though have to go for the win and hope NF implode.

I think they did under that freak martin webster ???? Lol
 

Bees - Blackburn

Brentford will do what they should do and that is to field the strongest team they can in order to win. If Blackburn get the points they'll have to be the better side and good luck to them if they do it.
 

Bees - Blackburn

I feel sorry for their supporters but not enough to wish anything but a Bees win on Sunday.

They may blame the FA and talk of corruption but in reality they have poor owners and a poor team. We have been there so often in the past. If they want to blame anyone maybe it should be the previous owners who sold to the Venky's.
 
Last edited:

Bees - Blackburn

Lot of Burnley mates have changed their profile pics to Bees badge for the weekend and posting " come on Brentford " everywhere.
Seems a lot of Lanc's are supporting us on Sunday.
COYR!
 

Bees - Blackburn

Lot of Burnley mates have changed their profile pics to Bees badge for the weekend and posting " come on Brentford " everywhere.
Seems a lot of Lanc's are supporting us on Sunday.
COYR!

i wouldnt be suprised if theyve hired one of those planes to go over with a banner ;)
 

Bees - Blackburn

Strong team vs Blackburn, give McCormack the send off he deserves and to beat Blackburn.
 

Bees - Blackburn

Thanks to the chap (essexbees) who came over to our forum to wish us all the best for Sunday. It's nice when other clubs supporters don't feel the need to troll. Anyway, I hope one of you has knocked up a 'Venky's Out' banner for Sunday :sorted: For those interested I've linked a few of the millions of articles written about the dodgy goings on at our club over the past 6 years. It makes me weep. Sounds like you've got a great owner. We had one once and it makes you proper proud.

Welcome to the occupation, aided and abetted by the FA:-

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/d...ec/21/blackburn-rovers-venkys-jerome-anderson

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...he-history-of-blackburn-rovers-crisis-150102/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ent-Jerome-Anderson-comes-under-scrutiny.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-Why-wont-FA-tell-whats-going-Blackburn.html

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...keep-buck-passing-the-blackburn-farce-300401/

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...ship_proposal_____as_Seneca_Partners_respond/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ft-no-joy-no-money-no-hope.html#ixzz4gCrDpwxz

Very few of our fans do not realise how lucky we are to have our owner. Those who have been around long enough remember what it's like to have an owner who royally shaft you.
 

Bees - Blackburn

Will be interesting to see how Blackburn approach this game, given the permutations that could happen. I can't see them being too expansive unless the other teams are winning. My guess is they will be defensive to start with and see what the half time scores are before thinking about going for broke. With our attacking flair we are probably not one of the teams they would fancy for this game.
 

Bees - Blackburn

If we played great and lost 4-3, seeing MW's smug mug trying to fast talk his way to explaining how they'll learn from it and go again would be quite fun...
 

Bees - Blackburn

Lot of Burnley mates have changed their profile pics to Bees badge for the weekend and posting " come on Brentford " everywhere.
Seems a lot of Lanc's are supporting us on Sunday.
COYR!

Our bitter, less successful neighbours are supporting the team who could send us down. There's a shock;)
 
Back
Top Bottom