General Bees Transfer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bees Transfer Discussion

Couple of free agents i found on transfermarkt that would be decent cover upfront:

Iheanacho, Dennis, Vardy, Antonio
All horrific shouts.

Vardy signed for Cremonese yesterday.
Antonio has scored 11 goals in his last 75 PL appearances.
Dennis has scored only 16 league goals in the last 5 years
Iheanacho has scored 15 league goals in the last 4 years and has only had one half decent season in his career.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

It’s the same people all the time.

Honestly, you need to support Chelsea or Man unt as they happily squander gazillions on players just to keep the moaners happy regardless of how good they may be.
Just being realistic saying as I see it
The fact we have lost the spine of the team.
Been supporting my team for over 50 years why would I want to support one of them lesser teams.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

Just being realistic saying as I see it
The fact we have lost the spine of the team.
Been supporting my team for over 50 years why would I want to support one of them lesser teams.
The spine includes CBs, none have left, Henderson replaces Norgaard, Kellerher replaces Flekken. Thiago replaces Wissa. If you want to decide after 3 league games how it’ll be after 38, sure you do that.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

Wasn't Schade an obligation to buy subject to conditions?

I don't know, there is always ambiguity about it. Raya to Arsenal had conditions attached and they were literally, turn up to the training ground once, or something daft like that. I would expect it is usually just a way of getting round FFP or if you are up against it time wise, both sides want it done.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

Take heart Magic, one day we'll probably get relegated and you can finally say 'I told you so'.
Oh no, I’m sure he’ll take no pleasure in that at all. So while we’d spend the summer afterwards licking our wounds and looking at how we can bounce straight back up he’ll be looking at Luton and worrying we’ll be back home in L1.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

Just being realistic saying as I see it
The fact we have lost the spine of the team.
Been supporting my team for over 50 years why would I want to support one of them lesser teams.

It's not realistic at all, its just the same old moan, moan, it's Brentford innit attitude.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

Oh no, I’m sure he’ll take no pleasure in that at all. So while we’d spend the summer afterwards licking our wounds and looking at how we can bounce straight back up he’ll be looking at Luton and worrying we’ll be back home in L1.

And saying we need another forward.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Bees Transfer Discussion

Just being realistic saying as I see it
The fact we have lost the spine of the team.
Been supporting my team for over 50 years why would I want to support one of them lesser teams.
I would suggest that on paper the squad this September is stronger than last. Yes, we have lost Flekken, Norgaard, MBuemo, and Wissa. On the other side of the coin we have available now Kellerer, Hickey, Henry, Henderson, Millambo, Dango, Nelson, and Kyode. Now the decks are clear of distractions there is no reason why this talented group cannot push on, and achieve a better finish than last season.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

I don't know, there is always ambiguity about it. Raya to Arsenal had conditions attached and they were literally, turn up to the training ground once, or something daft like that. I would expect it is usually just a way of getting round FFP or if you are up against it time wise, both sides want it done.
It usually is a financial dodge, don't think there were any time restrictions with Schade
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

It's b***ocks and you know it.
Reiss Nelson isnt good enough, but you expect us to blow 40m+ on an attacker who is somehow good enough to be PL ready and also happy to sit on the bench "just in case". Do yourself, and the rest of us, a favour and let go of the worry and panic
If we had signed Beier someone extra would have had to be on the bench
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

Personally I think our striking options are totally fine , Midfield is more of a concern , The game is won/lost in midfield need players that dictate games or has that little bit extra , Dams has it in abundance but take him out and we struggle .

So Dams you need to stay fit all season otherwise I will shave what hair you have left off 😂

Will have a very good squad with lots of new players and a new Manager , Now that f***ing snake has gone we can get on with it , We are going to be just fine .
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

Personally I think our striking options are totally fine , Midfield is more of a concern , The game is won/lost in midfield need players that dictate games or has that little bit extra , Dams has it in abundance but take him out and we struggle .

So Dams you need to stay fit all season otherwise I will shave what hair you have left off 😂

Will have a very good squad with lots of new players and a new Manager , Now that f***ing snake has gone we can get on with it , We are going to be just fine .
Exactly.

New coaching team, many new players, some with exciting prospects, more power and pace and more rotation possibilities. There’s a job to be done bringing the squad all together and finding out how to get the best from them that’s going to take some time but, overall, we’re in a better place.

One step back, two steps forward. There’ll definitely be some new heroes by the end of this season.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

disappointing , really , shame we didnt get the Dutch guy , hopefully Milambo will start to show what he can add to midfield
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

I don't think he is. He's been misunderstood for years. Watch the interview he did with Gary Neville. He had a traumatic upbringing.
There are a lot of people who after being sexually abused at the age of 6 are basically broken for life, let alone go on to a top level career in anything.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

Rumour has it,he cancelled his own contract and wants to try and make the world cup squad?!
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

This guys career just fell off a cliff edge. Had the works at his feet then? I think his past as mentioned caught up with him perhaps and really had affected his career. There’s a player in there but not sure if the ship has sailed career wise now.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

I would suggest that on paper the squad this September is stronger than last. Yes, we have lost Flekken, Norgaard, MBuemo, and Wissa. On the other side of the coin we have available now Kellerer, Hickey, Henry, Henderson, Millambo, Dango, Nelson, and Kyode. Now the decks are clear of distractions there is no reason why this talented group cannot push on, and achieve a better finish than last season.

Add to that list,

Nunes (back in training), Cavhalio (missed a lot through injury), Donovan, Frank Onyenka, Maghoma (back in training), MPH (like him or not he is in the squad), JDS potentially and Jenson who has only made a couple of starts since way back.

Much deeper squad than last season, 2 or more for each position, for the first time in 4 years in the EPL we are replacing with as good or better when we make subs rather then a young kid or "one for the future"
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

He isn't.

Would love to see him come and train and see how it goes, I am sure he could do a job for someone, just needs to find the right happy place.
Exactly this, if he is physically fit then I'm sure the right supportive environment would lead to a good outcome for both him and whichever club he was at...
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

Fantastic talent if someone can get the best out of him.

Not what we need at present though.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

Eminently more PL ready/savvy than Josh Sargent, who you've been favouring (and thankfully we haven't succeeded
I see that Cremonese are in for JV now, so someone still rates him, even if you don't
It’s not that I don’t rate vardy, he’s had an amazing career and still does a job! But he would only ever be a short term option. Same as if we were to sign maupay.

Sargent is still young. Anyway nothing we can do about it now.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

The squad is what it is. Apart from Norgaard no real surprise departures. Whether it is stronger or weaker is totally irrelevant.

However this transfer window has been the most dispiriting from an overall football perspective. The big clubs have totally filled their boots at a ridiculous cost in terms of both fees and wages. We were not the only club scrapping around after their feeding frenzy. I would rather have money in the bank than risk it on players who are not what we want.

Injuries are always a risk, I think we sufficient cover. Overall it is a very well done to Phil
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

I think he'd be a good signing tbh
I think we may have gone for him if TF was still around. Whatever we think of the manner of TF's departure, nobody can dispute that if anyone could have resurrected Dele's career TF would have been top of the list.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

I think we may have gone for him if TF was still around. Whatever we think of the manner of TF's departure, nobody can dispute that if anyone could have resurrected Dele's career TF would have been top of the list.

KA has enough on his plate I suppose, let alone doing charity work to help Deli get something back he has misplaced over the last few years.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

I think he'd be a good signing tbh
Are you serious ? His career at the top level is totally over now he's barely played in 5 years and has been at Everton, Turkey, Como over the last 3/4 years and made zero impact . Perhaps a good move for him might be back home to MK dons
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

Add to that list,

Nunes (back in training), Cavhalio (missed a lot through injury), Donovan, Frank Onyenka, Maghoma (back in training), MPH (like him or not he is in the squad), JDS potentially and Jenson who has only made a couple of starts since way back.

Much deeper squad than last season, 2 or more for each position, for the first time in 4 years in the EPL we are replacing with as good or better when we make subs rather then a young kid or "one for the future"
Absolutely right, all those you listed were either not with us last September, or missed a great chunk of the season. Frank the Tank was a big miss on my part especially as it would appear from early signs we could be getting back a player who has benefiied immensely from his years loan. All in all as you quite rightly say, a much deeper squad than last year, and we can expect fewer kids on the bench. All down to the coaches now, and with this squad excuses will be short supply.
 

Bees Transfer Discussion

Christ I am bored now this window is shut, I wish we had a game to look forward to, sick of all these boring as sh*t international breaks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom