Bees v Coventry Reports

Bees v Coventry Reports

Final point for Smiffy, who won the burgers as that thread seems to have vanished!!!!!!!!

Ska Bee :sorted: guessed 5432. closet to 5415. message has been sent on behalf of Smiffy.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

The tempo dropped a touch in the second half but the half chances kept coming........and being missed by Hayes. In his defence he linked well with CD outside the box and kept getting into the positions to miss. There is a good player in there somewhere. Things might have been very different if he hadn't missed that penalty against Yeovil.

.

I thought exactly that when he missed the penalty. I was hoping it wasn't going to become a millstone around his neck. If he had scored that he could be on 4-5 goals by now and we would be well pleased.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

A word for Dave - I thought he had a really good match.

Can we ease off on the shiny new sprinklers that I assume were responsible for our lot going arse over tit numerous times in the first half?

Someone said earlier that we assumed their goal scorer was offside and eased up, letting him in. I thought there were a number of occasions last night when we didn't play to the whistle and could have been caught out.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

I thought exactly that when he missed the penalty. I was hoping it wasn't going to become a millstone around his neck. If he had scored that he could be on 4-5 goals by now and we would be well pleased.

Unfortunately he didn't and the rest is as they say history posing Uwe a bit of a conundrum. CD - a hard working, pacy striker who can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo if he has any time to think about it and Hayes- who either isn't fit as some suggest, not up to it (difficult to believe given his overall career record) or undergoing a major crisis of confidence. No pressure on young Spencers shoulders then!
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

New ground, biggish club. sh*te i reckon , they only took 700 to Swindon on a sat, now that is poo. Why would Champions League make any difference ? If you support a team enough to follow them away why would you stay in to watch someone else play ?

Don't disagree, but would point out that this is a very depressed club. Since relegation from the Premiership, they haven't finished higher than 11th in the Championship, they are near the bottom of Div One this season. Their fans have really had very little to cheer about for a long time.
I can't believe how soft this division is this season. Take away Sheff United and their superior resources and there really is nothing in this division. We could walk this with a striker like McGoldrick.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

Just like to add you stayaway fans are missing some fantastic football from the bees, and I do not mean the fans that suffer bad health, and the fans that cannot afford to go. 50years of supporting this club, and it is the best football I have ever seen fron the bees.. No point in moaning at Uwe cos he aint far off it. It was a pleasure doing the 200mile round tripand getting home at midnight. Hope the powers that be tie up Logan , Forshaw and Forrester on long contracts, get in there first, I've said it before and I say it again. Agree with most of what has been said, but what a pleasure watching this quality team that play at GP. Well done boys you do the club proud.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

Just like to add you stayaway fans are missing some fantastic football from the bees, and I do not mean the fans that suffer bad health, and the fans that cannot afford to go. 50years of supporting this club, and it is the best football I have ever seen fron the bees.. No point in moaning at Uwe cos he aint far off it. It was a pleasure doing the 200mile round tripand getting home at midnight. Hope the powers that be tie up Logan , Forshaw and Forrester on long contracts, get in there first, I've said it before and I say it again. Agree with most of what has been said, but what a pleasure watching this quality team that play at GP. Well done boys you do the club proud.
Good to read that,hoping to be at GP this Saturday.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

Don't disagree, but would point out that this is a very depressed club. Since relegation from the Premiership, they haven't finished higher than 11th in the Championship, they are near the bottom of Div One this season. Their fans have really had very little to cheer about for a long time.
I can't believe how soft this division is this season. Take away Sheff United and their superior resources and there really is nothing in this division. We could walk this with a striker like McGoldrick.

McGoldrick aside from looking like he was carrying timber (he wasn't the only one in their side) looked a class act and the only oppo player I've seen at GP this season who I'd like to see playing for us.
He was deceptively quick, first touch like Deon Burton and happy to shoot on sight in or out of the box.
However, putting it in perspective he should be decent at this level seeing as Coventry paid a mill for him and Cody McDonald who was on the bench until last 10 cost them half that so no guess point in banging on that we should be signing players like that.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

Yes but I am not a Clayton fan but he has found his position on the wing and not centre forward
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

Donaldson is a winger not a goalscorer as he misses too many chances but played well on the wing last night
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

As I am am away, I have a pm telling me that I was quoted a lot on Beesplayers, do I need to get a solicitor?:D
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

Donaldson is a winger not a goalscorer as he misses too many chances but played well on the wing last night

lol...its gets bit desperate John when you need two posts, saying basically the same thing, to get your point over.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

As I am am away, I have a pm telling me that I was quoted a lot on Beesplayers, do I need to get a solicitor?:D

No you haven't (get glasses)
No you weren't (we're not that short and desperate of material)
&...only if you've got in trouble in Spain
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

Don't know if this has been posted yet; but for an impartial take on things Talksport's Moose was at the game and tweeted this about 15mins from the end:75mins Brentford 1-1 Coventry -Bees should've scored at least 4/5- last time I saw something as battered as Cov it was on a plate with Chips

To reiterate live on air this am he said he was at GP last night and watched a very impressive brentford
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

i thought Coventry was the big one this season.very sad attendance.Coventry's turnout was awful,still made more noise than us though
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

i thought Coventry was the big one this season.very sad attendance.Coventry's turnout was awful,still made more noise than us though

Midweek and they're rooted at the bottom, real shame a Tuesday night game that has a big effect on the gate.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

i thought Coventry was the big one this season.very sad attendance.Coventry's turnout was awful,still made more noise than us though

But it was a tuesday night and they are sh*te. If they were putting in a decent season and looked like bouncing up again they would have filled it. When we went down to D4 we were considered one of the bigger teams, I bet we still took small numbers to midweek games in the midlands when we were crap under butcher. I can't see any reason why a coventry fan would be particularly enthused to travel to a midweek game to probably lose in another depressing way.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

But it was a tuesday night and they are sh*te. If they were putting in a decent season and looked like bouncing up again they would have filled it. When we went down to D4 we were considered one of the bigger teams, I bet we still took small numbers to midweek games in the midlands when we were crap under butcher. I can't see any reason why a coventry fan would be particularly enthused to travel to a midweek game to probably lose in another depressing way.


because theyre meant to be a big club ?
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

Midweek and they're rooted at the bottom, real shame a Tuesday night game that has a big effect on the gate.

i thought it got people excited,midweeks
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

because theyre meant to be a big club ?

perennial relegation fighters in the top-flight. Done nothing since finally dropping down a division.

Not a big club, in my opinion, but I did expect more than they brought, simply cos of the novelty of their playing at Griffin Park. :shrug:
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

perennial relegation fighters in the top-flight. Done nothing since finally dropping down a division.

Not a big club, in my opinion, but I did expect more than they brought, simply cos of the novelty of their playing at Griffin Park. :shrug:

alot bigger than us,recently dropped out of top flight after a very long stint.Talk of this being our big game.not a good turnout form both clubs,theirs worse than ours
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

alot bigger than us,recently dropped out of top flight after a very long stint.Talk of this being our big game.not a good turnout form both clubs,theirs worse than ours

The away game will be one of our 'bigger' games this season. :thetruth:
VfTB should definitely be starting a 'To those who aren't going to the Ricoh Arena' thread for that one...........
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

McGoldrick aside from looking like he was carrying timber (he wasn't the only one in their side) looked a class act and the only oppo player I've seen at GP this season who I'd like to see playing for us.
He was deceptively quick, first touch like Deon Burton and happy to shoot on sight in or out of the box.
However, putting it in perspective he should be decent at this level seeing as Coventry paid a mill for him and Cody McDonald who was on the bench until last 10 cost them half that so no guess point in banging on that we should be signing players like that.

Agree, for the first tfifteen minutes I thought he was going to beat us on his own - he looks like a footballer, he has the set of a footballer, opposition fans worry a bit when he has the ball - that said Harlee had him in his pocket for most of the match - which says a lot for Harlee.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

Last edited:

Bees v Coventry Reports

A patchy performance, but we created enough chances to have got 5 or 6, and deserved the 3 points. The good thing about scoring in injury time is that we don't have to suffer watching the team try to hold on for an extended period.

For the first half at least, McGoldrick looked as good as anyone I've seen this season - would have liked us to get him on loan, but cost may be a factor.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

Looked a real good player for Forest and suprised he's not featuring with them.
an intelligent player and scores some very good goals, would be a very good signing.

Note O'Driscoill's remark about the standard of Division One this season.
The obvious destination for McGoldrick would be Sheff Utd.
 

Bees v Coventry Reports

Cheer up :) We won the game, what's your problem lol?
None whatsoever. Apart from the fact you slagged off Paul Hayes(which is fair enough, opinion is divided on him as a couple of threads on here show) with nonsensical aspersions and didn't care to explain them.
 
Back
Top Bottom