#BigNewAmbitions

#BigNewAmbitions

In all seriousness, why not have a competition within local schools to find a decent hashtag for the coming season...
Wouldn't this make a great project for a media studies, or even simply English, class?
I guess we might be too late for 16 & 18 year olds about to take GCSE & A Level exams but other age groups could take part.
Or, could the Community Scheme get involved?
 

#BigNewAmbitions

A hashtag is a way of grouping tweets together so that someone can click on a hashtag and see all related tweets. Brentford could have chosen #MarketingBollocksfromBrentfordFC for example but instead have chosen #BigNewAmbitions. Very, very popular hashatgs sometimes trend on Twitter which means that lots of people have become interested which to Marketing people is the pinnacle of Twitter use. I suspect this one won't trend. #wasteof****ingtime.

Thanks for that, I still can't quite grasp it (senior citizen) I don't belong to this Twitter thing or intend to, does that mean I can't follow what's going on, I only want to read what is says, therefore I think I will just stick with the GPG as I can handle that.
 

#BigNewAmbitions

##################

Just found where the # was on my keyboard, so I thought I would use it. :)
 

#BigNewAmbitions

"Little Old Brentford have shown our #BigNewAmbitions with today's signing news, join us for next season here seasontickets.brentfordfc.co.uk"

Oh dear... Think they must be on a wind up now, I don't believe anyone would write that completely seriously and think "ooh that's good" lol
 

#BigNewAmbitions

"Little Old Brentford have shown our #BigNewAmbitions with today's signing news, join us for next season here seasontickets.brentfordfc.co.uk"

Oh dear... Think they must be on a wind up now, I don't believe anyone would write that completely seriously and think "ooh that's good" lol

Sounds like they've let the lad on work experience have a go on the club's website.
 

#BigNewAmbitions

Thanks for that, I still can't quite grasp it (senior citizen) I don't belong to this Twitter thing or intend to, does that mean I can't follow what's going on, I only want to read what is says, therefore I think I will just stick with the GPG as I can handle that.

You can, this for example is the official Brentford one:

https://twitter.com/BrentfordFC

You can click on the hash links, for example #brentfordfc will find every tweet where someone has put #brentfordfc in. And clicking #bignewambitions will show every tweet with that in. Also just search for them using the search box.

I wouldn't say there's anything particularly profound on there but sometimes it can be amusing! Most if the players post stuff, as do Benham, Warburton, Devlin etc.
 

#BigNewAmbitions

You can, this for example is the official Brentford one:

https://twitter.com/BrentfordFC

You can click on the hash links, for example #brentfordfc will find every tweet where someone has put #brentfordfc in. And clicking #bignewambitions will show every tweet with that in. Also just search for them using the search box.
I wouldn't say there's anything particularly profound on there but sometimes it can be amusing! Most if the players post stuff, as do Benham, Warburton, Devlin etc.



Thanks for that, you spoke to me in plain understandable English, just tried the link and I can now see what's going on, I can see this Sunday will now be taken up with this #, still, it beats doing jobs for the wife!!!!
 

#BigNewAmbitions

..............#dresssmartatfootball................
 

#BigNewAmbitions

Where's BFC OFFICIAL when you need him?
 

#BigNewAmbitions

I really don't mind it. I actually think it sums up our current situation quite well! And I usually hate marketing bo**ocks!
 

#BigNewAmbitions

##################

Just found where the # was on my keyboard, so I thought I would use it. :)

Congratulations, you have got one up on me then. In the unlikely event I needed it I believe I would find it under special characters or symbols, but is there a keyboard short cut to it? (Mine is an Apple computer.)
 

#BigNewAmbitions

Congratulations, you have got one up on me then. In the unlikely event I needed it I believe I would find it under special characters or symbols, but is there a keyboard short cut to it? (Mine is an Apple computer.)
# Alt 3 on Mac UK keyboard.
 

#BigNewAmbitions

Absolutely right. Our Comms is shocking. No doubt from the same place as 'Football is a village' comes from.

Big New Ambitions im sure could be said for every club in the country

Kurt Pittman had nothing to do with that statement. So there is now a doubt for you. FYI.
 

#BigNewAmbitions

In honour of our new coaching team I have adopted the signature of #totalbrentford that should be on the Brook Road flag for this season :)
 

#BigNewAmbitions

#bignewTVshowingadvertsthatusedtobeplayedatfullham #justsaying
 

#BigNewAmbitions

#bignewTVshowingadvertsthatusedtobeplayedatfullham #justsaying

#surelyeverypostinthisthreasshouldbewrittenasonelonghashtag #ormaybe2

Edit: there seemed to be a gap in my first biglonghashtag. Not sure why. It's not there in my edit screen.
 

#BigNewAmbitions

This whole thread seems to be a justification of the Fulham thing thread. I'm a bit bored by it all. Banana, I understand & wholly support the principal & I applaud your protection of our integrity. You obviously have direct communication with Mark Devlin. Just tell him. In my limited dealings with him he seems to 'get it'. Does everything need to be played out here? The nature of social media is that it is instant & disposable. I think this is a case of the medium is the message, the hashtags are temporary, communication is changing.
 

#BigNewAmbitions

All this advertising and yet I feel once again we are letting Rangers take piss on our doorstep at the Hanwell carnival.
 

#BigNewAmbitions

Could somebody who uses the Twitter thingy kindly tell the bloke in the office to stick his # right up his jacksy and jog on. Thanks in advance.
 

#BigNewAmbitions

Its all part of our journey.....has anyone got a sob story they would like to share?

Maybe the person who sits next to Blunstone at home games?
 

#BigNewAmbitions

Could somebody who uses the Twitter thingy kindly tell the bloke in the office to stick his # right up his jacksy and jog on. Thanks in advance.

Ricky Gervais ?
 

#BigNewAmbitions

#welcometojurassicpark

#lel

Just goes to show that the club can't win sometimes. I think stuff like #bignewambitions is very well done by the club and will really strike a chord with young potential new fans/people so far off the majority of posters radar that of course you don't get it.

#shouldhavelistenedtobobdylan
 

#BigNewAmbitions

Could somebody who uses the Twitter thingy kindly tell the bloke in the office to stick his # right up his jacksy and jog on. Thanks in advance.

When you look at official club tweets, many of our own supporters are telling them this at every opportunity!
 

#BigNewAmbitions

Makes me cringe along with the little old Brentford. Whoever is responsible for the clubs tweets and Facebook updates seriously needs to pack it in.

I'm about *this* close to unfollowing, can't be bothered with these endless tweets about YouTube videos and Championship guides.
 

#BigNewAmbitions

Seems Kurt has already departed us according to Striker in The Sun today.
 

#BigNewAmbitions

Been over a week now since i saw the club use either of the awful hashtags. Hopefully its got through to whoever is running Comms (someone who doesnt understand the club or football supporters!)
 
Back
Top Bottom