It should be Whyte, think he's back in the mandatory position and the WBC said earlier this week that if a unification fight isn't available then Whyte should face the winner.Joshua will take up the rematch with Usyk presumably.
If so who does Fury take on next? Whyte?
It should be Whyte, think he's back in the mandatory position and the WBC said earlier this week that if a unification fight isn't available then Whyte should face the winner.
I wouldn't be surprised if Fury looks to take on an easier fight whilst waiting for the winner of the Usyk Joshua rematch, however would of course depend on whether he's forced to face Whyte. Other options could include Ortiz or Ruiz but both of those come with a degree of risk
Do you think Joshua would take him up on that? Doubt the money is his big motivation, more focused on righting his wrong.. something I don't think he's capable of doing in my opinionOr buy Joshua off and fight to unify the belt and offer Joshua the chance to fight the winner
Do you think Joshua would take him up on that? Doubt the money is his big motivation, more focused on righting his wrong.. something I don't think he's capable of doing in my opinion
No spoliers?!?!Fury v Wilder just finished
No spoilers from me.
Wow.
That's fair and I agree. However, Joshua certainly won't and it's not often boxers take the rational decisions.. Just look at Wilder who was offered a similar deal to allow Fury and Joshua to fight!I think Joshua would lose against both of them. So better off waiting for the winner abd go out in style
No spoliers?!?!
Sorry but if you are not wanting to know the result of the fight as you are going to watch it later, you don't immediately go to a thread on the GPG called "boxing" where someone has posted at the time the fight would have finished!
Live a little!
The WBC have said that the winner of last night's fight has 30 days to arrange a unification bout with Usyk (the WBC can't enforce this) and if that isn't arranged then the mandatory defence will be ordered against the winner of Whyte v WallinJoshua will take up the rematch with Usyk presumably.
If so who does Fury take on next? Whyte?
Hearn confirmed the AJ v Usyk rematch clause was triggered yesterday. Likely to be March next year.I'd love to see Usyk Vs Fury. But with Josh no doubt taking on the rematch option probably won't see it.
One of the best I’ve seen. Slugtastic.Absolutely incredible fight.
With fury’s personality he certainly divides opinion.love him or hate him, but he deserves the respect and accolades I think he is by far the best heavyweight in the world at the moment and will go down as one of the best ever.
I can see how he rubs people up the wrong way that’s probably why he hasn’t got the following of your Ricky hattons ect… but for 6”9 and best part of 20st the boy can move a real boxer not just a fighter. Also I have never regarded him as being that heavy handed but has shown he can finish people off in style.Nature certainly gave him abit of an advantage but fair play to him, hes utilized his frame well and added a strong boxing skill set to it. I would like him alot more if he wasnt so contradictory. Yesterday in his press conference he spent 5 minutes giving a speech about how he wont compare himself to the greats of the past... One question later he is going on about how he is the best ever and would beat anyone whos ever walked the planet. Amongst many many other contradictions
Wilder and Fury exchange pre fight messages ??
*first burst ontoWhen Fury fittest burst injury the scene, I thought he was a fraud and a joke.
However, the way he has fought, who he has fought and the fact he doesn't shirk any challenge means for me he is one of the greatest sportspersons of the past decade.
It’s a long way back for Wilder as he is down the pecking order and needs to re establish himself all over again as no one needs to fight him but I still think he’s the second best heavyweight in the World today. Tyson vs Usyk has Tyson fighting a technically better boxer that will make himself more difficult to hit but can’t see him troubling Tyson if he prepares properly.Managed to watch the fight back twice yesterday and listened to the radio broadcast on TalkSport too.
What a fight from two men who believed that they were going to win.
Tyson is an excellent boxer who is a master tactician in the ring too.
Wilder started boxing, but in the end resorted to trying to land the big one and six rounds in looked tired as the excess weight told.
Wilder could be a champion again, but needs Tyson to beat Usyk.
I could see Tyson unifying the belts and then he will fight who he wants to fight rather than the WBO or whoever telling him so.
We all know what he is like.
He is his own man at the end of the day.
I can't see Usyk beating him either.
A fantastic champion who has been to hell and back to be where he is now.
Dillion Whyte next?
He deserves a shot.Not sure he will win though.
I can see him giving it up as he has nothing to prove.It’s a long way back for Wilder as he is down the pecking order and needs to re establish himself all over again as no one needs to fight him but I still think he’s the second best heavyweight in the World today. Tyson vs Usyk has Tyson fighting a technically better boxer that will make himself more difficult to hit but can’t see him troubling Tyson if he prepares properly.
It wouldn’t surprise me if Fury didn’t fight again if honest as he knows he’s better than everyone else and certainly doesn’t need the money or seek popularity as he’s revered all over the globe with the USA claiming him as one of their own since the last fight.
100% agree and why unless Tyson is incredibly complacent and doesn’t prepare properly he will undoubtedly beat a much smaller man no matter how talented Usyk is.I can see him giving it up as he has nothing to prove.
The Usyk or nothing quote is the one.
He will fight him or no one else and if they can't get that on then I think he will quit.
The weight difference there is huge though. Fury is a 20 stone man Usyk 16 ?
Usyk is without doubt pound for pound the best in the world, but Tyson is a master tactician who also, let's face it, was not at his best Sunday morning.
Usyk v Fury is the fight for next year.
Obviously AJ wants a say in matters, but I think he has had his day as a champion and has to do something extraordinary to come back and be dominant again.
Tyson will fight Joshua whether Joshua beats usyk or not.I can see him giving it up as he has nothing to prove.
The Usyk or nothing quote is the one.
He will fight him or no one else and if they can't get that on then I think he will quit.
The weight difference there is huge though. Fury is a 20 stone man Usyk 16 ?
Usyk is without doubt pound for pound the best in the world, but Tyson is a master tactician who also, let's face it, was not at his best Sunday morning.
Usyk v Fury is the fight for next year.
Obviously AJ wants a say in matters, but I think he has had his day as a champion and has to do something extraordinary to come back and be dominant again.
Boxing politics.Tyson will fight Joshua whether Joshua beats usyk or not.
The money on that one will be huge.
Possible that could arrange a deal where Joshua steps aside for usyk to fight Tyson on basis Joshua then fights the winner
My memories are him beating Klitschko in the manner of the way he did.100% agree and why unless Tyson is incredibly complacent and doesn’t prepare properly he will undoubtedly beat a much smaller man no matter how talented Usyk is.
I kind of hope Tyson retires, my memory will be of the second fight vs Wilder when he battered him from start to finish and avenged the “draw”
That's only if Whyte beats Otto Wallin at the end of the month which is really no easy task. Can see Whyte overlooking him and losing like he done with Povetkin the first timeSo Usyk v Joshua II has been sanctioned where the winner no doubt will fight Fury who will have to fight Dillion Whyte first.
Something to look forward to.
Whyte is in last chance saloon as far as possible world title shots go. He’ll be mad if he’s not preparing properly.That's only if Whyte beats Otto Wallin at the end of the month which is really no easy task. Can see Whyte overlooking him and losing like he done with Povetkin the first time
Thanks. I’m going to use ‘load mouth’ as my go to insult, when appropriate!Like the sound of Benn v Broner in the UK.
Broner is one of the biggest ****s on the boxing circuit and I'd love to see Benn replicate this KO again on that load mouth.
Perhaps I should have used arrogant, up his own rectum ****candle.Thanks. I’m going to use ‘load mouth’ as my go to insult, when appropriate!
Hesgoal has it.Any dodgy stream for the Khan v Brook fight?
I think Brook wins by a SD. Should be a good one either way.
I blame the alcohol friend lol. I could swear it came on later. Who won?Erm, it's already finished.
Brook dominated from the first round, he looked the bigger, stronger & hungrier fighter. Fair play to Khan for staying in as long as he did before the ref stopped it but his timing & punch resistance had deserted him