Centre Forward Needed

Centre Forward Needed

Maybe we should become a feeder club for Spurs they always seem to produce very good players

Apart from Ledley King and Sol Campbell can't reallly think of many others.
:wave:
 

Centre Forward Needed

Good point.

A seasoned campaigner in his mid-twenties at Conference South or Ryman Premier level would make the step up quite easily I suspect.

Recent examples such as Sodje or Campbell support this.
Unfortunately there are 80+ other league clubs doing exactly the same and with more money to offer the proven successes their opportunity.

Currently we need to get in a centre forward who can score goals not one who might be able to in time. I also believe that there is still potential Sodjes and DJ's, just few and far between and we cannot afford any more punts this season!
 

Centre Forward Needed

surely if a prem club gave use some of there good youth players on loan it would be better than getting player that cant get in to the bristol team. Mark Yeates realy helped get Colcester get up. Birmingham have got 3 arsenal player which are all doing well.
 

Centre Forward Needed

i belive leon knight coul be a big chance he career is screwed and needs to put him self back in the shop window and i think he will have a field day wth the chances we crate
 

Centre Forward Needed

We have a premiership youngster and he hasn't scored. Kids are not the answer, we need experience first. Then anything left over can maybe bring in a few if we can have them cheaply
 

Centre Forward Needed

We must get another striker this week.
 

Centre Forward Needed

Or two. It was telling we didn't bring on a substitute forward today
 

Centre Forward Needed

If we could control his behaviour, I think it would be worth a punt on trying to get the poison dwarf, from Swansea on loan for the rest of the season. After he certainly seems to like scoring goals at Griffin Park. It might also help put himself back in the shop window for next season.
 

Centre Forward Needed

Exactly. Hence why we could do with 2 more
 

Centre Forward Needed

The window has only been open a week. It's logical that a centre forward will be more difficult to get than any other position but I hope that we'll see a new forward sooner rather than later.

They need to hurry up mate!

No forward is going to want to join a relegated club!
 

Centre Forward Needed

He's their top scorer and highly likely to be on more than any of our players, why on earth would he come here?
 

Centre Forward Needed

He's their top scorer and highly likely to be on more than any of our players, why on earth would he come here?

Perhaps he gets on with our assistant manager.
 

Centre Forward Needed

I think we need to look at youth and hunger rather than a several clubs player like Peacock.

I would be happy with a season of consolidation in Div 2 if I could see a team being built, while contracts expire.

If I was Fitz I would be on the phone to all the local prem and championship clubs and let them know that BFC would be interested in giving one of their CF cast offs a loan run out with a view to a permanent signing.

Please no more Willock after January!
 

Centre Forward Needed

I think we need to look at youth and hunger rather than a several clubs player like Peacock.

I would be happy with a season of consolidation in Div 2 if I could see a team being built, while contracts expire.

If I was Fitz I would be on the phone to all the local prem and championship clubs and let them know that BFC would be interested in giving one of their CF cast offs a loan run out with a view to a permanent signing.

Please no more Willock after January!

Fitz wants experience I believe.
 

Centre Forward Needed

With respect to the comment re Cox above, at the time we took him on loan initially it was pointed out that his best position was as a striker. He has NEVER played there for us & in the last few weeks has been played totally out of position on the left wing (as has JK on a number of occasions), despite the fact that he has done a decent job in midfield. No wonder he is very uncommitted about staying with us.
 

Centre Forward Needed

Leon knight?

For all the problems he's had in the past of his own making, which have probably left him at a career low, does anyone who posts on this site, (apart from the ones who seem to live in some kind of state of denial), seriously think that knight would plunge his career even further down the tube, by joining BFC?
 

Centre Forward Needed

Don,

When was that then? The nearest was as a kind of support striker in a 4-5-1 formation - possibly his best game altho' I wasn't at Millwall. His early games were in m/field & recently as a l/winger - Swansea/Chesterfield where he was totally wasted.

You may well be right but I can't remember him as an out & out striker.

Surely the point is that you play your best players in positions that suit them. Neither Cox or JK perform well enough on the left wing to justify putting them there - frankly they hardly out perform players like Rhodes & Tillen there. I've saId before that if any player should have been played there it's Brooker, who has done so often in his career. I'm not suggesting that's a great solution, but JK's balance makes him more likely to succeed on the right if you don't play him up front.
 

Centre Forward Needed

I think we need to look at youth and hunger rather than a several clubs player like Peacock.


Youth will not keep us up this year and will not serve us well next year either.

Its another idealistic vision that doesn't work when it comes to results.

You don't win anything with kids (copyright Alan Hansen)
 

Centre Forward Needed

I'm astounded that any thread on strikers doesn't contain more about just how poor Willock is, he is as woeful a striker as I have seen in four decades, how some people can still be supporting him is beyond me. Can anyone tell me when he last actually had a decent attempt on goal?
 

Centre Forward Needed

I'm astounded that any thread on strikers doesn't contain more about just how poor Willock is, he is as woeful a striker as I have seen in four decades, how some people can still be supporting him is beyond me. Can anyone tell me when he last actually had a decent attempt on goal?

:imwith:

3 goals in 33 appearances. John Griffin strikes again.
 

Centre Forward Needed

...and the frightening thing is, that Martin Allen had actually attempted to sign Willock a year before he actually did so...and when he couldn't get him, he bought Scott Fitzgerald instead!! :eek:
 

Centre Forward Needed

he is as woeful a striker as I have seen in four decades, how some people can still be supporting him is beyond me.

We all know he's pony,but it's not his fault that we offered him a contract (and even,unbelievably,stumped up 50k).

He puts in a lot more effort than many players who have a lot more skill.He deserves to be supported,as well as laughed at for being utterly hopeless.
 

Centre Forward Needed

.....................so why isn't he on the transfer list then? maybe Scotty rates him. Nothing surprises me any more about this club.

:rolleyes:
 

Centre Forward Needed

I don't mean not supporting him on the pitch, every player deserves at least that when they're making an effort...I meant more support in as much suggesting he could still be the answer or do a decent job.
 

Centre Forward Needed

I'm astounded that any thread on strikers doesn't contain more about just how poor Willock is, he is as woeful a striker as I have seen in four decades, how some people can still be supporting him is beyond me. Can anyone tell me when he last actually had a decent attempt on goal?


Again today Willock showed that he is not the man we need up front with Jo, hopefully this will be fixed up before the next game!
 

Centre Forward Needed

Youth will not keep us up this year and will not serve us well next year either.

Its another idealistic vision that doesn't work when it comes to results.

You don't win anything with kids (copyright Alan Hansen)

:sorted: :imwith:
 

Centre Forward Needed

I also believe that Scott Fitz has put feelers out for experienced players rather than youth to play upfront.

I like Moore and always have and am not suprised he hasnt been given the old heave ho and surely Fitz is keeping Willock as the ( albeit lesser quality ) replacement for Owusu to keep inline with this "target man" scenario that everybody likes.

I don't care who plays upfront as long as they can bloody finish. All those signed on loan at the moment have barely a goal between them, so doubt whether the goals will come from them. For the rest of this season and for next we need a goalscorer who can work with the likes of Kuffour.

However, JK will go as well, as he is a good player but we could do with him next season whether we stay up or go down but he is only on a years contract and we must be resigned that he will bugger off, unless an offer of another year can be made.
 

Centre Forward Needed

However, JK will go as well, as he is a good player but we could do with him next season whether we stay up or go down but he is only on a years contract and we must be resigned that he will bugger off, unless an offer of another year can be made.

Yep, reckon he'll be gone to Bristol City within the next month. Well that was the rumour yesterday, at least. But of course, we wouldn't sell our best player, given our predicament. Would we?
 

Centre Forward Needed

However, JK will go as well, as he is a good player but we could do with him next season whether we stay up or go down but he is only on a years contract and we must be resigned that he will bugger off, unless an offer of another year can be made.

I think(?) we have an option on him for a further year.
 

Centre Forward Needed

Centre Forward Needed

Yep, reckon he'll be gone to Bristol City within the next month. Well that was the rumour yesterday, at least. But of course, we wouldn't sell our best player, given our predicament. Would we?

Maybe its Bristol Rovers....news - prior to signing for us

Jo Kuffour Update


Bristol rovers summer target Jo Kuffour has had the offer of a contract withdrawn by Jo`s current club Torquay. Former Bristol Rovers boss Ian Atkins has lost patience with Jo and keeper Andy Marriott.
 

Centre Forward Needed

Yep, reckon he'll be gone to Bristol City within the next month. Well that was the rumour yesterday, at least. But of course, we wouldn't sell our best player, given our predicament. Would we?

You are a very naughty boy.lol

The rumour mill was in good form and looking forward to the good news this week.
 

Centre Forward Needed

Yep, reckon he'll be gone to Bristol City within the next month. Well that was the rumour yesterday, at least. But of course, we wouldn't sell our best player, given our predicament. Would we?

To be honest, although he's done well for us, I'd be surprised if anyone wanted to pay money for him, especially if he is only on a one year deal.. He's not really set the division alight has he?
 

Centre Forward Needed

Youth will not keep us up this year and will not serve us well next year either.

Its another idealistic vision that doesn't work when it comes to results.

You don't win anything with kids (copyright Alan Hansen)

Sits well with your comments re Cox.
 

Centre Forward Needed

I think Cox has played well for us and with a lot of passion - like he actually cares.

On the other hand the kids that have been promoted to the first team from our own youth set up have looked like boys playing in a mans game.

There's a difference between loaning a quality premiership youngster and filling your team with youth team players who aren't ready.
 

Centre Forward Needed

Cox's games for Reading reserves more than likely gave him a headstart playing against 'men' than our youth players who have gone from playing against 17 year olds to playing against men straight from turning pro. a reserve team would be nice but the costs involved would probably outweigh the needs of the management.
 

Centre Forward Needed

We all know he's pony,but it's not his fault that we offered him a contract (and even,unbelievably,stumped up 50k).

He puts in a lot more effort than many players who have a lot more skill.He deserves to be supported,as well as laughed at for being utterly hopeless.

The season before last in four games against Sheff Wed, I thought peacock to be their best player. Everything went through him off him at him and Turner and Sodje together could not cope with his presence as was the case yesterday and last season with Fletcher.

Strangely we could have got Peacock for free on a 2 and a half year contract in January last year, the same month we signed Callum.
He wanted to move back south was on a free and would have challenged Lloyd for the target man role he had begun to make his own.
Had we have done so then we would have gone up IMHO so if nobody comes forward with 5K a week to get Shipperley for us I believe a little patience could land us Peacock! Sturrock is not a fan and we could be in a strong position with so many players who could do a job in DIV 2 available to him to take in exchange.
 

Centre Forward Needed

What exactly are the costs involved in running a reserve team then?
 

Centre Forward Needed

Which is .... ?


Kuffour to Bristol City:rolleyes: and an old boy who scored yesterday maybe returning. Wild conjecture methinks or maybe me hopes. I'll have the old boy back but surely Kuffour is not on his way, as I say this all came from a voice in a queue who was adamant that his mate knows Gary Johnson well.:confused:

James Hunt is coming and so is Peacock according to some. It's January isn't it and loads of noises being made.lol
 

Centre Forward Needed

Why does it take me to start a thread before Fitz starts to hunt for a striker?
 
Back
Top Bottom