Clinton Morrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton Morrison

This has made my evening. I wasn't going to bother about Saturday but this has changed my mind. I can't miss the opportunity to see Ireland's greatest ever goalscorer in a Brentford shirt.
 

Clinton Morrison

I'm surprised at those referring to it as a panic signing. There'd have been far greater panic if we hadn't signed anyone surely ? We have one senior striker on the books, one loanee youngster and another signed to progress his game in the development squad. Bringing in a senior striker seems a no brainer, not to mention long overdue, to me. :shrug:
 

Clinton Morrison

??? You have lost me,just said I was intrigued how it would work with the youngster. Apologise for my texting at times,driver me mad too,but an just intrigued if the youngster can get the ball knocked down in space

Fair point, if you had said Berahino It would have been very clear in what you meant. But I hope that he will be a better player for the team and " this youngster" than Clayton who seems to have lost his way, at present. I know we both want the best for BFC, think this will help us get into the top 10 this season and give us the confidence to go for it next. Which from my contacts tell me we are more realistic and achievable. COYR Mori !!
 

Clinton Morrison

Fair point, if you had said Berahino It would have been very clear in what you meant. But I hope that he will be a better player for the team and " this youngster" than Clayton who seems to have lost his way, at present. I know we both want the best for BFC, think this will help us get into the top 10 this season and give us the confidence to go for it next. Which from my contacts tell me we are more realistic and achievable. COYR Mori !!
I agree,I hope he will lift all the players by his presence.
 

Clinton Morrison

cant see the point of a 32year old, go find someone from lower league whos hungry for success and take a chance ready for next season....fed up of hand me downs......good luck anyway clinton
 

Clinton Morrison

interesting. i hope he doesn't stand in the way of german getting some game time experience but at least the others will look up at him - like they did carl cort despite his bad luck with injuries.

well done.
 

Clinton Morrison

interesting. i hope he doesn't stand in the way of german getting some game time experience but at least the others will look up at him - like they did carl cort despite his bad luck with injuries.

well done.

I think it's worth appreciating that much as it would be good to blood some of the youngsters, performances have been so poor recently that fans really need to see some results before the youngsters are thrust into what might be a difficult atmosphere.
 

Clinton Morrison

Can't understand the negativity already, before he's even kicked a ball for us. BFC were obviously damned if they did, damned if they didn't. In other words, in a no win situation. Please read MW's words on the OS. Effectively that we waited for the right one to come along, and didn't panic buy the (possible) wrong type of player. Having said that, hope CM does the business! Starting with Rochdale. No pressure, then...
 

Clinton Morrison

Could be a good morale booster, especially for the younger players. He's well known and experienced.

Btw, some people on here like to retire players young. Plenty of strikers in their thirties still banging them in.
 

Clinton Morrison

cant see the point of a 32year old, go find someone from lower league whos hungry for success and take a chance ready for next season....fed up of hand me downs......good luck anyway clinton

like donaldson you mean?
 

Clinton Morrison

Marquee signing. Big club again. Where are the doubters now? Is Saturday ticket preferred now? When was our last player who had a shop for each name? Rosler for England.

Deon Burtons
or Nathan Abbey National ?

Welcome Mark Morrison


Return of the Mack
Return of the Mack
Return of the Mack
We're leaky at the back
 

Clinton Morrison

Don't understand the negativity at all.
1) If we didn't sign a striker, it'd be morbid on here.
2) He's a proven goal scorer all be it coming to the end of his career
3) It's a short term loan deal
4) We had one senior striker on the books and he's been crap this season
5) Who was you expecting us to sign? Team's aren't going to let prolific goal scorers move from there team in March, think about it...
 

Clinton Morrison

anybody know what size t shirt he wears and will we need 17 now p/gilham ??? welcome
 

Clinton Morrison

Deon Burtons
or Nathan Abbey National ?
Welcome Mark Morrison
Return of the Mack
Return of the Mack
Return of the Mack
We're leaky at the back

TWO shops not one Smudger! Clinton (cards) & Morrison(s, the supermarket for poor people & northerners).

Might be a great signing this if he wants a move back to London. I'm sure he's from Croydon and someone I know knows him. Bees legend in the making? Hope he doesn't get injured in euro2012!

:(
 

Clinton Morrison

Well said! It is good to see some positive comments returning - but it never ceases to amaze me how the negative, wingeing group of 'fans' take any move we make as an opportunity to moan ALL the time!

Clinton is a proven striker, experienced at all levels and surely JUST what we need.

Welcome to the guy and the VERY best of luck. Whatever, lets get behind him, the team and the manager - PLEASE!

COME ON YOU BEES!!!!!
 

Clinton Morrison

Hope he turns out to be decent. 1 goal in his last 17... well he's better than Donaldson!
Bill Clinton is better than Donaldson...................
 

Clinton Morrison

Is Record Scene now closed? Clinton used to be a top boy. Rochdale must be a wee bit upset by this.
Whereas the proper teams in League One can ignore us til next season.
Like I will.

What's the ****ing point? Waste of money. Going nowhere.
 

Clinton Morrison

Is Record Scene now closed? Clinton used to be a top boy. Rochdale must be a wee bit upset by this.
Whereas the proper teams in League One can ignore us til next season.
Like I will.

What's the ****ing point? Waste of money. Going nowhere.

Good to have you back Davee, I thought we had a deal :(
 

Clinton Morrison

Dont like the bloke! Spends too much time moaning a throwing his arms about.

He'll be doing plenty of that if McGinn is playing.
 

Clinton Morrison

Brilliant signing

If someone else had signed him we would be moaning that he is the sort of player we could have done with.
No brainer really we need a striker and I think we have signed a really good player. Couldn't believe it when I saw the news!
Knows where the goal is, experienced and probably the best signing we could have made
 

Clinton Morrison

Good signing. Proven goalscorer at this level, level above and the Premiership. Interesting to see how he gets on.

Few people moaning saying they don't understand this signing, as the seasons over. I think its important to finish as high as possible to keep the club moving forward. We are on track to finish just outside the playoffs, and while that's not good enough for some on here, I'll be pleased if we can get 8th or above to beat the last two seasons.

Furthermore, if we hadn't have signed anyone tonight people would be livid, as they were earlier on the other thread.

Sadly the GPG is now home to those who wish to shoot the club down no matter what they do, and those who aren't happy unless they are complaining and will contradict themselves just to carry on with their boring bullshit.

Get Real

Welcome to the club Clinton. A player I always wanted to see in a Bees shirt. Just hope he still has the touch. Feels like a bit of a gamble, but lower stakes than others might have been.

Steve, you end your post with the instruction for some to 'get real' , (presumably those who don't share your views) However you also say we are on track to finish just outside the play offs. Based on current form Steve I think you need to get real on that statement.
 

Clinton Morrison

I think a lot of people on this thread think we've signed 2007 Clinton Morrison, not 2012 Clinton Morrison.

I like his enthusiasm but I'll be amazed if he scores half a dozen goals this season.

I wonder if he'll put 2000 on the gate ....
 
Last edited:

Clinton Morrison

Seems a little bit of a panic signing to keep the fans happy and to stop the slide.

If he helps stop the slide and keeps the fans happy, I'll think it will prove to be a very welcome loan signing - irrespective of whether he is here next year.

Welcome aboard Paperchase Sainsbury.
 

Clinton Morrison

The type of player we need: big (not too big, I hope!), experienced, can put himself about and can score goals. It must have been a no-brainer for him to come to a club with no recognisable striker under first-team contract... guaranteed starts every game!
 

Clinton Morrison

I think a lot of people on this thread think we've signed 2007 Clinton Morrison, not 2012 Clinton Morrison.

I like his enthusiasm but I'll be amazed if he scores half a dozen goals this season.

I wonder if he'll put 2000 on the gate ....

If he can get half a dozen goals between now and the end of season I would be more than happy would take that and I think that's probably a good return.
I'm hoping this may boost morale in the dressing room as he his a very good experienced player someone I would never see in a Brentford shirt, almost seemed too good of a player to afford. Very excited by this signing I hope trust he will start Saturday :)
 

Clinton Morrison

I'm pleased we got someone in and hope he does well
 

Clinton Morrison

If he can get half a dozen goals between now and the end of season I would be more than happy would take that and I think that's probably a good return.
I'm hoping this may boost morale in the dressing room as he his a very good experienced player someone I would never see in a Brentford shirt, almost seemed too good of a player to afford. Very excited by this signing I hope trust he will start Saturday :)

Well said, all we need for this season .More to come next............... keep the faith.
 

Clinton Morrison

What does this say to those contracted playrs?

If it's Donaldson our only contracted Striker. Hopefully it says start ****ing delivering because you have been a massive ****ing dissapointment all season.
 

Clinton Morrison

Few people moaning saying they don't understand this signing, as the seasons over. I think its important to finish as high as possible to keep the club moving forward. We are on track to finish just outside the playoffs, and while that's not good enough for some on here, I'll be pleased if we can get 8th or above to beat the last two seasons.

Furthermore, if we hadn't have signed anyone tonight people would be livid, as they were earlier on the other thread.

Sadly the GPG is now home to those who wish to shoot the club down no matter what they do, and those who aren't happy unless they are complaining and will contradict themselves just to carry on with their boring bullshit.

Get Real

How does this 'Move us forward' when he goes back in two months?

You're happy with eighth? - You better have words with your son he said his target was tenth....
 

Clinton Morrison

I think a lot of people on this thread think we've signed 2007 Clinton Morrison, not 2012 Clinton Morrison.

I like his enthusiasm but I'll be amazed if he scores half a dozen goals this season.

I wonder if he'll put 2000 on the gate ....

I think he can roll back the years, and even if he scores a couple, well every little helps. I had heard that he was off to Iceland, glad he didn't and look forward to seeing him bring the best, and no frills.

Still think its a bit of a gamble but then with signings there's no Safeway of doing it.
 

Clinton Morrison

funny how a lot of the people telling us we are in a relegation battle, and worrying about hitting the magical 52 point mark, are the ones moaning that somethings been done to try and remedy the situation. sure its just a coincidence though :rolleyes:

hopefully he does the business :sorted:
 

Clinton Morrison

Still think its a bit of a gamble but then with signings there's no Safeway of doing it.

Uwe Asda try to get the best out of him. Can he CO-OPerate with the rest of the squad? Only time will tell.
 

Clinton Morrison

Bringing in any player is gamble.

The only problem I have is, we bring in proven goal scores and they dry up.

But thats Berntford innit.;)
 

Clinton Morrison

Not unhappy with this at all - if he can bang a few in during the next ten games, it should see us safe. It's just a shame that we didn't get him for the last fifteen games instead.

Might also be worth a years contract next season, too?
 

Clinton Morrison

A good signing to steady the side for the rest of the season. After that, assuming that Wednesday are ready to release him, we (and he) can assess whether his form and wage expectations are consistent with what we want.

It would have been nice to get him a little earlier (as soon as Alexander moved on), but on paper he's the sort of player we need
 

Clinton Morrison

A good signing to steady the side for the rest of the season. After that, assuming that Wednesday are ready to release him, we (and he) can assess whether his form and wage expectations are consistent with what we want.

It would have been nice to get him a little earlier (as soon as Alexander moved on), but on paper he's the sort of player we need

Yep

:imwith:
 

Clinton Morrison

just what we needed, an experienced pro to help out all the kids who also knows where the goal is.
 

Clinton Morrison

Brilliant signing

If someone else had signed him we would be moaning that he is the sort of player we could have done with.
No brainer really we need a striker and I think we have signed a really good player. Couldn't believe it when I saw the news!
Knows where the goal is, experienced and probably the best signing we could have made

It is a cracking signing, some comments have shocked me to be honest, well when i say that they haven't really. Is it me or do som actually revel in slagging their own team.
 

Clinton Morrison

I think a lot of people on this thread think we've signed 2007 Clinton Morrison, not 2012 Clinton Morrison.

I like his enthusiasm but I'll be amazed if he scores half a dozen goals this season.

I wonder if he'll put 2000 on the gate ....

He looked in great form on loan at Mk earlier in the season
 

Clinton Morrison

Not unhappy with this at all - if he can bang a few in during the next ten games, it should see us safe. It's just a shame that we didn't get him for the last fifteen games instead.

Might also be worth a years contract next season, too?

Agree with that , might just have made the difference if we got him in Jan. Well done BFC on getting in a class act like CM.
 

Clinton Morrison

As grumpy as I am about all things Brentford at the moment reading Mr Logans post retains my faith cos I know it is only when his comments turn negative it truly will be the end :(
 

Clinton Morrison

As grumpy as I am about all things Brentford at the moment reading Mr Logans post retains my faith cos I know it is only when his comments turn negative it truly will be the end :(

Us fans and GP are the only constant, if we give up there is nothing left.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom