Clinton Morrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton Morrison

Is it me or do som actually revel in slagging their own team.

No, you are spot on there, I sometimes wonder do they actualy support the Bees or are they trollers with nothing better to do, because whatever the club does, they don't seem to agree with anything at all, I think this signing is a good move
given our circumstances.
 

Clinton Morrison

Saw him play at Hillsboro' back in November coming on for the last 25 minutes or so.

Remember thinking back, quite a useful guy to have on the bench for Wednesday to come on and break the deadlock, but Llera and Eger were immense that day with "Thou shalt not pass" attitude.

He came on and basically goal hung without getting a sniff, one thing we haven't had this season until Berahino rocked up is a guy in the six yard box, so I expect if he does nothing else but look for the tap in, it's a threat and in the month of March apart from Saido we have had little of that.

It's a good enough signing for a loan and stops our backward momentum gathering pace, it gives us a good interest as fans to see how he'll work, something to look forward to, for tomorrows game and we haven't been able to say that in the last couple of weeks. Berahino or Morrison to score tomorrow? It's a good enough thought for a wager...
 

Clinton Morrison

For the umpteenth time, average attendance is up on last season.

after 18 games this seasons average home league attendence is 5591, last season it was 5119 at this stage, 5172 by the end of the season :thetruth:
 

Clinton Morrison

Wow!!! You clearly know a lot of posters & their backgrounds & are highly qualified in psychoanalysis.

Just out of interest, do you believe that these posters really hate BFC and have, in some cases, only followed them for 30, 40 or 50 years to indulge that hatred?

Or, on the other hand, do you think that maybe their experience from that sort of period, & maybe knowledge of the lower leagues gleaned in that time, gives them some sort of intuition as to the likely success or otherwise of the club?

There seem to be plenty of people who follow BFC who do not follow this board & judging by the gaps around GP they, & in particular ST holders, appear to be voting with their absence.

No, some posters are ever so slightly jealous of other clubs we have played over the years having relative sucess, Wigan, Doncaster, Fulham, Bolton, Birmingam, QPR, Stoke, Swarsea etc and they are really really really desparate to see our club do similar things.
This frustration (by some people) then comes out as negativity as they see our club as some sort of Dribbling Pensioner who is incapable of making a sensible decision by itself so they feel the need to question everything.
I have been supporting the club for 40 years and don't feel the need to do that and feel as positive with the stucture and our ambition then I have ever done.
 
Last edited:

Clinton Morrison

It's the usual suspects, I'm afraid, and their no longer hidden agendas.

Sign no one and it's the usual incompetence.
Sign a youngster and he's not experienced enough.
Sign an older player and he's too old.
Sign someone and we're wasting money because we're not going up this year.
Sign no one and we're going to go down.

That would be funny if it wasn't so true.
 

Clinton Morrison

after 18 games this seasons average home league attendence is 5591, last season it was 5119 at this stage, 5172 by the end of the season :thetruth:

With Sheff Wed our only 'big' game remaining at home, and little to play for, I'd expect the average to fall very slightly by the end of the season, possibly just below 5,500, but still probably around 300 higher than last season
 

Clinton Morrison

No, some posters are ever so slightly jealous of other clubs we have played over the years having relative sucess, Wigan, Doncaster, Fulham, Bolton, Birmingam, QPR, Stoke, Swarsea etc and they are really really really desparate to see our club do similar things.
This frustration (by some people) then comes out as negativity as they see our club as some sort of Dribbling Pensioner who is incable of making a sensible decision by itself so they feel the need to question everything.
I have been supporting the club for 40 years and don't feel the need to do that and feel as positive with the stucture and our ambition then I have ever done.

You are so right Malcy. My impression from those who sit around me at GP is that there is an understanding of what Uwe is trying to achieve football wise and the challenges he faces. For some it is hard to accept that this season hasn't involved a playoff challenge but that's because we aren't good enough yet and changes will be madethis summer. I see it as a three year project and I can wait. If nothing is happening by the end of next season then, depending on circumstances, it would be fair to assess the position but give Uwe a chance. The task now is to see this season out and clear the decks. I certainly don't see a mass of negativity in the ground, only by some who post on this board.
 

Clinton Morrison

If he is a long term plan to sign for next year then ok.

If we were within touching distance of the Play Offs then ok.

I haven't got a problem with him - lets give him the chance and welcome him - it's just I don't get the timing and why we have brought anyone in now its far too late?


Good end of season run = More season tickets sold for next season.

Poor end of season run = People lose interest.

If i'm honest I've lost all interest in this season, but Morrision has actually made me look forward to tomorrow as maybe he'll show some potential and we can get excited about possibly signing him for next season.

It's not just next year's season tickets which could be affected, as before this I was only going because I've already paid for my season ticket. While I can't pretend that i'm excited about this game, at least I now believe we might actually score as Donaldson hopefully won't play.
 
Last edited:

Clinton Morrison

two of my best friends are wednesday fans. and one of them just sent me a mail:

Just heard the Bees have signed Clinton Morrison on loan from Wednesday. Guess you don’t care if your forwards are mobile or not. I have not seen him run for over 2 years for us!

so, that's nice :)
 

Clinton Morrison

Without wishing to be seen as negative the comments from ml dons fans regarding Clinton are also not particularly complimentary. That having been said will wait to see him before making any judgment and if all he does is jump up and down to lay the ball off to beranio then it will be a satisfactory short term sollution
 

Clinton Morrison

Ten wins, 77 points, playoffs!

Ok so that's probably a little too much PMA but Morison was a decent player, seems to have done well enough this season and is valued enough by Wednesday that they wouldn't loan him to a top 6 club or let him play against them. If we can get a decent set of results in at the end of the season it puts a different sheen onto what uwe has achieved and what we need to improve on next season rather than just to say, we need a whole new squad and new approach (ie sack the manager).

Anything to make the end of the season, regardless of likelihood that we'll avoid promotion or relegation without much drama, more than a series of training session runouts for squad players has to be good for everyone.
 

Clinton Morrison

It's the usual suspects, I'm afraid, and their no longer hidden agendas.

Sign no one and it's the usual incompetence.
Sign a youngster and he's not experienced enough.
Sign an older player and he's too old.
Sign someone and we're wasting money because we're not going up this year.
Sign no one and we're going to go down.

Post of the day................ take a bow son :sorted:
 

Clinton Morrison

No, you are spot on there, I sometimes wonder do they actualy support the Bees or are they trollers with nothing better to do, because whatever the club does, they don't seem to agree with anything at all, I think this signing is a good move
given our circumstances.

This is where the GPG goes crap IMO, all this having a pop at others withouts naming names, using the "they" and "some" are this, that or the other. Some on here are miserable *****, some are happy clappy *****, some are blinkered *****, some are peace loving *****, some are opinionated *****, some are timid *****, sme are boring *****, some are interesting *****, some are smug *****, some think that calling other people ***** makes them look like like a perfect **** who was probably a perfect prefect at school but ultimately a ****.
Everyone on here is some sort of **** but we share this burning desire for BFC to be good, we are collective Brentford ***** with differing personalities FFS.

Carry on.;)
 

Clinton Morrison

two of my best friends are wednesday fans. and one of them just sent me a mail:

Just heard the Bees have signed Clinton Morrison on loan from Wednesday. Guess you don’t care if your forwards are mobile or not. I have not seen him run for over 2 years for us!

so, that's nice :)

My anxiety, exactly.
If he's an immobile lump, I doubt he's going to help us much.
We'll see on saturday.
 

Clinton Morrison

I certainly don't see a mass of negativity in the ground, only by some who post on this board.

If we lose on Saturday, I guarantee you will hear it.
And I've tipped us to win 4-0, so don't go labelling me negative.
But the concerns people have are not unreasonable.
 

Clinton Morrison

Who knows how this will turn out, but it seems like a perfectly reasonable signing to me. An older head is probably what we need right now. It may turn out that he has gone to seed (or more likely to fat) but we had to get someone and this at least seems sensible. I won't begrudge Uwe if it doesn't work, although he still has some answering to do IMO for us being in this position in the first place. Here's hoping we can develop some mmtm to take into the close season. I fear Uwe's position would become untenable if it is all downhill from here on in and I really don't want that to happen.
 

Clinton Morrison

If we lose on Saturday, I guarantee you will hear it.
And I've tipped us to win 4-0, so don't go labelling me negative.
But the concerns people have are not unreasonable.

I'd give up trying to tell him any different. He has a catelogue of excuses regarding this season and Rosler, and anyone who tells him different is wrong and cannot see the 'bigger picture'. :grey:
 

Clinton Morrison

For the umpteenth time, average attendance is up on last season.[/QUOTE

Sorry Beebop, the reason I referred to ST holders alluded to the number of people who do not attend even tho' they have paid up front. The huge gaps at the Exeter game for instance.

A certain much-derided poster posed a question re the number af ST non-attenders earlier this season. Abee used to give us this info, but I'm afraid that when the question was asked a few months ago, it was not answered, but deflected by scorn directed at the poser.

In any event, I am not sure that an average attendance of 5.5k for a team which 'has never been outside the Top 10' is a great recommendation for the football being played. I am sure however that the games against Rochdale, Bury & Oldham will boost this figure & the attraction of 'Clint' will add still further to these crowds. There you go - you've turned me round. Can't wait for tomorrow - lucky I'm a ST holder or I might not find a seat.
 

Clinton Morrison

Welcome Clinton, I've always thought of you as a Jamie cureton little sh*t and seen your name on sky's vidiprinter many of time. Now your on our side of the fence I wish you the best of luck in a bees shirt and hope you enjoy your stay however long it may bee.
 

Clinton Morrison

A Palace fan friend of mine said similar thing. He is lazy, and the manager needs to drum that out of him.....

on loan to a small club at the age of 32...................... old dog, new tricks springs to mind. He wont give a 5hit imho. Thinks hes a lot better than he is. I am not slaggin the bees off its just hes always come across as arrogant but hopefully im proven wrong!!!
 

Clinton Morrison

The signing of Clinton Morrison got me thinking. IIRC the last Northern Ireland forward we had was Billy McAdams in 1962. No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong. For what it's worth I think it's a very good signing by Uwe. We can still make the play offs if we win all our remaining games.Never say die chappies. Notts Co are cracking under the strain and Stevanage aint doing much better. It's still in our hands. BTW Clinton welcome to our little club.

Well first of all I believe that he played for the Republic and not N. Ireland.
Secondly, optimism is one thing and I would never seek to knock someone for being positve, but in all seriousness I believe that I have about as much chance of winning the lottery as we have of making the play offs.
Whether its a good signing can only be judged after we have seen him play which to further deflate your balloon hasn't been for quite some time.
The Owls dont want him, the Mongs dont want him so he can hardly be seen to be a scoop but hey lets give him a chance, he cant be any worse than Clayton.
 

Clinton Morrison

We'll see what his attitude is like, how fit he is, whether he still has that bit of quality and if he can make the difference by 5.50pm tomorrow. I reserve judgement until then. :banghead:
 

Clinton Morrison

on loan to a small club at the age of 32...................... old dog, new tricks springs to mind. He wont give a 5hit imho. Thinks hes a lot better than he is. I am not slaggin the bees off its just hes always come across as arrogant but hopefully im proven wrong!!!

:yes: "leopard changing his spots" was the one that sprang to my mind when i read ladbroke's post. we can certainly conclude that he is some sort of beast :sorted:

i do have a vague memory of him giving funny press conferences, and i always loved (as an ireland fan) referring to him as Clinton O'Morrison. so that's a positive. hat-trick tomorrow - worth a bet :cool:
 

Clinton Morrison

I'd give up trying to tell him any different. He has a catelogue of excuses regarding this season and Rosler, and anyone who tells him different is wrong and cannot see the 'bigger picture'. :grey:

I have a different opinion that's all and it's based simply on taking into account the scale of the challenges and giving the bloke time and to me, that means the end of next season. Of course, you are convinced that you are right and the criticism you fire at me can be fired equally at you. Sadly I can't go tomorrow as I've been lumbered with a furniture moving job at the last minute.Shame cos they need all of us behind the team at the moment.
 

Clinton Morrison

I will be there tomorrow cheering on Clinton in a Bees shirt.

I expect him to not be entirely match fit but to at least give us a bit of presence.

So arguably a good replacement for Gary Alexander.
 

Clinton Morrison

We'll see what his attitude is like, how fit he is, whether he still has that bit of quality and if he can make the difference by 5.50pm tomorrow. I reserve judgement until then. :banghead:

Bloody hell at the grand age of 32 and carrying a bit more timber I hope he's still not running around the pitch at 5.50pm;)

I can just imagine it, Clinton and young Saido have collective stinkers and Uwe decides on a bit of retribution by way of a beasting..."You vill run around ze pitch until 5.50pm by my very accurate timepiece (made in the Fatherland), you vill not shower or tweet until such time as you admit your incompetence and pinky promise to show zum tuetonic efficiency the next time I decide to play you in the centre back positions. I have a master plan you see and it involves ze Christmas Tree formation and retrieving the Fallen Madonna with ze big boobies"...Must be spoken in an Allo Allo stylee German Accent for full effect.

Sorry very bored at work this afternoon:blush
 

Clinton Morrison

For the umpteenth time, average attendance is up on last season.[/QUOTE

Sorry Beebop, the reason I referred to ST holders alluded to the number of people who do not attend even tho' they have paid up front. The huge gaps at the Exeter game for instance.

A certain much-derided poster posed a question re the number af ST non-attenders earlier this season. Abee used to give us this info, but I'm afraid that when the question was asked a few months ago, it was not answered, but deflected by scorn directed at the poser.

In any event, I am not sure that an average attendance of 5.5k for a team which 'has never been outside the Top 10' is a great recommendation for the football being played. I am sure however that the games against Rochdale, Bury & Oldham will boost this figure & the attraction of 'Clint' will add still further to these crowds. There you go - you've turned me round. Can't wait for tomorrow - lucky I'm a ST holder or I might not find a seat.

I take the point re no show S/T holders. Interestingly, if you accept that we are a small mid league 1 club [ e.g like Oldham etc], then our crowds are more or less the same and maybe slightly higher. As for other small clubs, the attendances only go up if we start to move into a challenging position. Under MA when we were in or around the playoffs all season, we only averaged around the 6K mark.
 

Clinton Morrison

I want to see us with an arrogant striker! Seems to me that "after you, sir, your shirt is so clean"... "honestly, after you, I believe you were here first"... "I can't possibly, I believe you are a better defender that I am an attacker"... "I'd better fall over, then" strikers seem to be all that we have now!
 

Clinton Morrison

Bloody hell at the grand age of 32 and carrying a bit more timber I hope he's still not running around the pitch at 5.50pm;)

I can just imagine it, Clinton and young Saido have collective stinkers and Uwe decides on a bit of retribution by way of a beasting..."You vill run around ze pitch until 5.50pm by my very accurate timepiece (made in the Fatherland), you vill not shower or tweet until such time as you admit your incompetence and pinky promise to show zum tuetonic efficiency the next time I decide to play you in the centre back positions. I have a master plan you see and it involves ze Christmas Tree formation and retrieving the Fallen Madonna with ze big boobies"...Must be spoken in an Allo Allo stylee German Accent for full effect.

Sorry very bored at work this afternoon:blush

I'll need an hour to reflect on his contribution to the game. If he plays well, doesn't score but shows promise for a youngster, I'll be in full support of his time here. If he scores 4, plays sh*t and is 2 stone over weight and has an Irish accent, he can f^ck off back to Yorkshire..... :shrug:

;)
 

Clinton Morrison

On paper I'd go as far as to say it's a near perfect fit.

Experienced, target man with a bit of pace a proven goal scorer. Also being a recognisable name should help too.

Hope and am fairly confident he'll do the business for us.
 

Clinton Morrison

The signing of Clinton Morrison got me thinking. IIRC the last Northern Ireland forward we had was Billy McAdams in 1962.

Others have pointed out he's a Republic of Ireland player - but I've only just seen this. Sorry to be pedantic but our last NI forward was.........oh dear, a chap by the name of McGinn.
 

Clinton Morrison

The signing of Clinton Morrison got me thinking. IIRC the last Northern Ireland forward we had was Billy McAdams in 1962. No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong. For what it's worth I think it's a very good signing by Uwe. We can still make the play offs if we win all our remaining games.Never say die chappies. Notts Co are cracking under the strain and Stevanage aint doing much better. It's still in our hands. BTW Clinton welcome to our little club.

Ian Lawther?
 

Clinton Morrison

I do like it when we take on an experienced forward from a Sheffield club, who has extensive previous experience with Crystal Palace.

At least the supporters did not have to hold a whip round to sign Clinton.

He can't be more overweight than Neil Shipperley. Can he?

Fingers crossed that we've got our hands on a forward who can put the ball in the back of the net.

Role on 52 points. Then I can stop getting worried.
 

Clinton Morrison

Judge him tomorrow, proven scorer, busy player,
 

Clinton Morrison

Welcome Clinton. Look forward to seeing you in action tomorrow
 

Clinton Morrison

Glad he didn't just want to sit on bench at Wednesday, and a few clubs were after him and he chose us!
 

Clinton Morrison

Glad he didn't just want to sit on bench at Wednesday, and a few clubs were after him and he chose us!

Don't think he chose us as opposed to Wednesday wouldn't let him go to a promotion rival mate
 

Clinton Morrison

Feel exactly the same way my fellow sufferer.

I think if you analyse the board you will find the majority of negative posts are from the same people and have little or no outlet in their lives but here. They have an opinion (usually negative) on everything (rather than being selective and considered about their posts) and they use the forum as it is their little mini stage in life (see Richard Bacon’s programme on BBC iplayer about Trolling)

Trouble is, the board itself does not represent the majority of Brentford fans, just the ones that can be arsed to post, hence the perceived negativity.

Welcome Clinton and good luck.

Malcybee, you're a fellow bee and I don't mean to be rude but you come across as pompous and arrogant with that post. In the past I have raised concerns about those with an agenda using the GPG in a way which could be detrimental to the club but in recent weeks since the slide began it seems anyone who raises legitimate concerns is marginalised as some kind of sad, divisive, trouble maker.

I am fully behind Uwe and I don't think sacking him is the right thing to do at this time. But, that doesn't mean I don't think the season has been unacceptably poor in certain areas such as squad development and performances. In fact I can still see him being out by January if he doesn't make progress on both the squad development and start of the next campaign. I also see us having a tricky season based on current direction.

Yes there are posters you might consider 'doom mongers' but if we have no doom mongers then we all become followers of blind faith like some US cult heading towards our own destruction. Still, at least we will have a smile on our faces while we do eh?
 

Clinton Morrison

At last a very good forward AKA as the Dark Destroyer in Dublin. This guy had it all. The first regular Rep of Ireland player to play for us. The money is definitely going down on us winning tomorrow! No more donkey donaldson and hopefully he plays with Saido.
 
Last edited:

Clinton Morrison

In his autobiography Steven Gerrard says, Crystal Palace are a decent club, but back then they had a complete ***** of a centre-forward. Clinton Morrison fancied himself so much he should have married a mirror. Before the game, he gave it all the big sh*t in the papers about how good he was. Clinton is one of those players who gets a buzz off seeing himself in the press. If the bookies had offered a bet on Clinton Morrison talking himself up before our games, I would have had my mortgage on it.
 

Clinton Morrison

He always played well for Ireland and he is not a league 1 striker - championsip nowadays so great acquisition!
 

Clinton Morrison

He always played well for Ireland and he is not a league 1 striker - championsip nowadays so great acquisition!

Yes, and Sheff Wed and MK Dons who both moved him on are already in the Championship, aren't they!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom