Clinton Morrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton Morrison

@morrisonclinton: Big game tomw need to get the 3 points tomw I'm fully fit now so I'm expecting goals come on you bees

:sorted:
 

Clinton Morrison

sorry if this has already been covered, but can he play v sheff wednesday?
 

Clinton Morrison

He's looked fairly decent so far without scoring so hopefully he'll add some goals, starting against Stevenage :)
 

Clinton Morrison

Poor Clinton wouldn't pass the Shankly test- ' I don't like his legs' so that's that.
 

Clinton Morrison

Don't expect him to start today. 4-5-1 away from home. Can't be carrying people today.
 

Clinton Morrison

............please.............no more................
 

Clinton Morrison

I thought Morrisson was excellent today !

Not at football, but at having a laugh and a joke with anyone that cares to have one with him.

I did however think that his arm waving has improved since he declared himself fully fit.
 

Clinton Morrison

what happened with the second pen, was he trying to prise the ball away from Sam and take it himself?
 

Clinton Morrison

yes. logan stopped him. unnecessary distraction for sam, but that's down to the manager.
 

Clinton Morrison

great at walking around telling everyone else what to do without doing anything himself, laters :wave:
 

Clinton Morrison

The cheerleading was only going to be a short term help. Bit like when a new manager takes over.

There have been many good things happen this season but there have been many mistakes. I think even the most rose tinted fans can see our striker situation has been ****ed up. If CM announces he is 'fully fit' (in his opinion) then surely that's an admission he hasn't been up to then. Why are we signing unfit players? So frustrating thinking what might have been.
 

Clinton Morrison

great at walking around telling everyone else what to do without doing anything himself, laters :wave:

Again, this will benefit at first as we have not had a real leader for years. Players would welcome a bit of direction but given time will think, well hold on, howzabout you do something yourself.

Please either play Forrester or get his 'injury' sorted for good. If not then let's see what German or Norris can do.
 

Clinton Morrison

Again, this will benefit at first as we have not had a real leader for years. Players would welcome a bit of direction but given time will think, well hold on, howzabout you do something yourself.

Please either play Forrester or get his 'injury' sorted for good. If not then let's see what German or Norris can do.

He won the 1st pen yesterday, but did little else, & his messing about didn't help Sam prepare for the 2nd. Time for him to go & promote a youngster instead..
 

Clinton Morrison

C LI N T O N . . . See ya.
 

Clinton Morrison

The bloke is a wind up merchant and a cheer leader. While I'm sure he is great for morale we need players who are great on the pitch. Hasn't scored and doesn't look like scoring. I can only remember one shot from him since he joined us in mid March. I think the wind actually blew him over at one point yesterday.

Offers nothing, no thanks. Yesterday showed that aging strikers dropping down to L1 level just doesn't work. Agyemang for them was just as bad.
 

Clinton Morrison

In the immortal words of Pink Floyd, Time to go.........................
 

Clinton Morrison

He won the 1st pen yesterday, but did little else, & his messing about didn't help Sam prepare for the 2nd. Time for him to go & promote a youngster instead..

I said the same on the match thread,you expect the opposition to hold up the penalty from being taken not your own.Hope thats the last we see him in a Brentford shirt.
 

Clinton Morrison

I said the same on the match thread,you expect the opposition to hold up the penalty from being taken not your own.Hope thats the last we see him in a Brentford shirt.

I thought that was unbelievable. Im 100% behind Sam taking a penalty and whilst Morrison might well have scored they should have all that sorted beforehand. It happened against Notts County last year when Sam tried to wrestle it off Simpson who, ironically, went on to hit the post :banghead:
 

Clinton Morrison

Thanks for the cheer leading perhaps next season instead of a probably past it forward we can have some pretty girls fulfilling that role, at least more entertaining and easier on the eye!!
 

Clinton Morrison

I said when he signed that he wouldnt score two goals
Seemed I over estimated him
Should never feature again along with Mc Ginn, Bean, Osborne & Thompson.
Not good enough.
Wouldnt be unhappy if Dave was added to that list as well
 

Clinton Morrison

Thanks for the cheer leading perhaps next season instead of a probably past it forward we can have some pretty girls fulfilling that role, at least more entertaining and easier on the eye!!

:imwith:
 

Clinton Morrison

Very clever how he got his body in front of the defender and forced him in to the foul for the first penalty, not much else to say about him
 

Clinton Morrison

Very clever how he got his body in front of the defender and forced him in to the foul for the first penalty, not much else to say about him

Yes don't think he's not good enough for this level but more a case of wrong place wrong time. He has no match fitness whatsoever and since his game is largely based upon pace and mobility it was always likely to be a bit of a damp squib. Get the impression that it was a last minute thing when it became apparent that we weren't going to get any of our other targets.
 

Clinton Morrison

Presumably can't play vs Weds. No point selecting him in last game. May as well give German a run out in the last two?
 

Clinton Morrison

Presumably can't play vs Weds. No point selecting him in last game. May as well give German a run out in the last two?

....but in the possible but unlikely event we beat Sheffield Wednesday at home (like last season)
....and Stevenage lose at Sheffield United (very possible)
....and Notts County struggle at battling Wycombe
....and Carlisle slip up at home to Exeter....(they are on a very poor run)

This will go down to the final day....

Stevenage still in the driving seat, with Notts County 2nd favourites.

Morrison will play for Brentford in this scenario at Chesterfield
 

Clinton Morrison

....but in the possible but unlikely event we beat Sheffield Wednesday at home (like last season)
....and Stevenage lose at Sheffield United (very possible)
....and Notts County struggle at battling Wycombe
....and Carlisle slip up at home to Exeter....(they are on a very poor run)

This will go down to the final day....

Stevenage still in the driving seat, with Notts County 2nd favourites.

Morrison will play for Brentford in this scenario at Chesterfield
That should receive as much venom as one of Davee's finest, it won't because it's sickly sweet and lovely, rather unchallenging and complete dross.
I'm not allowing boring sh*t to pass anymore....you have been warned.
 

Clinton Morrison

....but in the possible but unlikely event we beat Sheffield Wednesday at home (like last season)
....and Stevenage lose at Sheffield United (very possible)
....and Notts County struggle at battling Wycombe
....and Carlisle slip up at home to Exeter....(they are on a very poor run)

This will go down to the final day....

Stevenage still in the driving seat, with Notts County 2nd favourites.

Morrison will play for Brentford in this scenario at Chesterfield

Still haven't forgiven you for getting me in trouble with the weather girl :D But seriously, in the event that your fantasy came true, I still wouldn't select him vs Chesterfield-would you?
 

Clinton Morrison

Still haven't forgiven you for getting me in trouble with the weather girl :D But seriously, in the event that your fantasy came true, I still wouldn't select him vs Chesterfield-would you?

In that unlikely scenario, I'd have him on the bench. He's still got the control and awareness, but is so far from match fitness, it's embarrassing
 

Clinton Morrison

In that unlikely scenario, I'd have him on the bench. He's still got the control and awareness, but is so far from match fitness, it's embarrassing

I agree.
He must be the most expensive cheerleader we have ever had at Brentford.
Sadly, though, it is nothing to be cheerful about.
 

Clinton Morrison

I agree.
He must be the most expensive cheerleader we have ever had at Brentford.
Sadly, though, it is nothing to be cheerful about.
I understand that we got rid of GA when we did because Crawley gave us a fee. Presumably we have spent this and possibly more by paying Clinton to fall around the pitch, give an passable impression of a slowly deflating balloon, and F. up Sam's concentration when he was about to take a pen on Saturday. All while failing to produce I believe one convincing attempt on goal during his time here.
Would someone please explain the economics of this as I am afraid they escape me?
 

Clinton Morrison

That should receive as much venom as one of Davee's finest, it won't because it's sickly sweet and lovely, rather unchallenging and complete dross.
I'm not allowing boring sh*t to pass anymore....you have been warned.

Why is it complete dross to say, "if we have an outside chance on the last day - we play both our two remaining strikers"
As that it what the post boils down to.
Give me your best shot big boy

Still haven't forgiven you for getting me in trouble with the weather girl :D But seriously, in the event that your fantasy came true, I still wouldn't select him vs Chesterfield-would you?

I am not sure who you were in trouble with - I'd have him above a youth striker, if we had a outside chance on the last day.

I understand that we got rid of GA when we did because Crawley gave us a fee. Presumably we have spent this and possibly more by paying Clinton to fall around the pitch, give an passable impression of a slowly deflating balloon, and F. up Sam's concentration when he was about to take a pen on Saturday. All while failing to produce I believe one convincing attempt on goal during his time here.
Would someone please explain the economics of this as I am afraid they escape me?

We received a substantial fee for Gary - say the club
It would have been more than the money we have paid for Morrison
It would have been less than the bonus money made for a sell out two legged Play Off Semi Final against a Sheffield club.
 

Clinton Morrison

That should receive as much venom as one of Davee's finest, it won't because it's sickly sweet and lovely, rather unchallenging and complete dross.
I'm not allowing boring sh*t to pass anymore....you have been warned.
Rubbish. It needs a Brentford win and a Stevenage loss for us to go into the final day of the season with a chance, and we should not start playing experimental teams until that chance is gone. Notts County and Carlisle will still be within distance even if they win on Saturday (assuming we do too).

Having said that, even if that happens I'd prefer it if CM started on the bench at Chesterfield, because he has not shown much to me that he deserves a starting spot.
 

Clinton Morrison

Rubbish. It needs a Brentford win and a Stevenage loss for us to go into the final day of the season with a chance, and we should not start playing experimental teams until that chance is gone. Notts County and Carlisle will still be within distance even if they win on Saturday (assuming we do too).

Having said that, I think I prefer if CM started on the bench at Chesterfield, because he has not shown much to me that he deserves a starting spot.

Keep those positive thoughts going Porgey. Mine have run out.
 

Clinton Morrison

Pants signing this clown is well past his sell by date

Well said Hullbee, I just been reading through all the threads, you ' eve too laugh at some of them.......good on yer mate :sorted:;)
 

Clinton Morrison

Irrespective of Saturday I can see no logical reason to start with clayton at Chesterfield. Our previous away formation of just 1 up top and 5 across the middle worked before and as he shows little goal threat would rather Sam and forrester both played
 

Clinton Morrison

Rubbish. It needs a Brentford win and a Stevenage loss for us to go into the final day of the season with a chance, and we should not start playing experimental teams until that chance is gone. Notts County and Carlisle will still be within distance even if they win on Saturday (assuming we do too).

Having said that, even if that happens I'd prefer it if CM started on the bench at Chesterfield, because he has not shown much to me that he deserves a starting spot.

The team look shattered at Hartlepool (according to my mucker), looked tired v Notts County and gone at the final whilstle at Stevenage. Getting them up for the weekend will be massive, CD won't want the ball near him in the box . We will do very well to win our next 2 games, I'm happier to say that they gave it a go but we have come up short, if things change at the weekend then so be it but we've had a few chances lately but not taken them.

I wouldn't want CM to play in either game and feel happy that his inclusion is not happening v Sheff Wed. Smiffy's post was as waank as the one suggesting we might get relegated a few weeks back but that was roundly turned on. Too many ifs involved now, makes it all a bit iffy to me.
 

Clinton Morrison

Would like to see some fresh legs on Sat. Someone hungry and who wants to make a point.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom