David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Raya

Just see him on tv few weeks back and he said he would like a return home and play for one of the bigger teams in spain.
All he needs to do is sit tight for 12 months and the club cant do nothing about it he can sign a pre contract in january.
And back in the real world when was the last time the club let a valuable assets go for nothing?!!!

We aren’t QPR.
 

David Raya

And back in the real world when was the last time the club let a valuable assets go for nothing?!!!

We aren’t QPR.
But not up to the club the players holds the power,the club playing dangerous game allowing players to get to the last 12 months of contract.
 

David Raya

But not up to the club the players holds the power,the club playing dangerous game allowing players to get to the last 12 months of contract.
The bloke wants out and has refused our offers so we will let him go, it’s only dangerous if he doesn’t want to go and isn’t confident he can earn a longer deal on more money. That definitely isn’t the case
 

David Raya

Think that there is a general respect and understanding on both sides. Both club and him have been good for each other. Why then make waves ?
Sorry, my terminology doesn’t feel right.
I think David and the club are comfortable with the situation so I am.
We won’t get top, top dollar as he’s not signed a longer contract but equally happy we didn’t lose him in Jan.
Losing him last season lost us untold points from having keepers who didn’t inspire confidence in the defence, couldn’t start attacks and couldn’t keep the ball out of the net as well as David.
 

David Raya

But not up to the club the players holds the power,the club playing dangerous game allowing players to get to the last 12 months of contract.
Righto.

I will happily come back on here once he’s left on a free and apologise


But it won’t happen as it’s not how we work. He doesn’t hold “all the power”
 

David Raya

Anyone who reckons we'll get £40m good job is living in dreamland with 12 months left on his contract when the window opens. I reckon £20m tops.
? Sad but probably true, without him signing a new contract we won’t get £40M with less than 12 months left on contract
 

David Raya

Anyone who reckons we'll get £40m good job is living in dreamland with 12 months left on his contract when the window opens. I reckon £20m tops.
25 or even 30 might be possible if we can drag some big spenders into a bidding war (for reference see the mudryk farce) but the 40m figure is clearly a bit of gamesmanship by Frank. He's worth at least 50m if he had 5 years on his contract and was happy to stay here indefinitely but he doesnt and he isn't so he's not.
 

David Raya

Sorry, my terminology doesn’t feel right.
I think David and the club are comfortable with the situation so I am.
We won’t get top, top dollar as he’s not signed a longer contract but equally happy we didn’t lose him in Jan.
Losing him last season lost us untold points from having keepers who didn’t inspire confidence in the defence, couldn’t start attacks and couldn’t keep the ball out of the net as well as David.
Having been a keeper, gelling with your back 4 or 5 and them with you takes time.
Knowing what each other will do is where to confidence comes from.
The two keepers we had last year just did not get the real game time needed to get to this.
this is why I think we signed our replacement last year, to give all a whole season to really understand each other.
 

David Raya

Having been a keeper, gelling with your back 4 or 5 and them with you takes time.
Knowing what each other will do is where to confidence comes from.
The two keepers we had last year just did not get the real game time needed to get to this.
this is why I think we signed our replacement last year, to give all a whole season to really understand each other.
?100%, we didn’t plan to lose Raya when we did and as a result we really suffered for the reasons you mentioned.
 

David Raya

Anyone who reckons we'll get £40m good job is living in dreamland with 12 months left on his contract when the window opens. I reckon £20m tops.
At £20 million the club could well decide to keep him for another 12mth every place in the table is worth a few million plus the chance of Europe. It all mounts up and with DR playing in goal it will worth a great many points. If a club wants him next summer it will be for a lot more than £20 million.
 

David Raya

Anyone who reckons we'll get £40m good job is living in dreamland with 12 months left on his contract when the window opens. I reckon £20m tops.
I remember when you said something similar about Jensen not being a Premier League quality player.
 

David Raya

At £20 million the club could well decide to keep him for another 12mth every place in the table is worth a few million plus the chance of Europe. It all mounts up and with DR playing in goal it will worth a great many points. If a club wants him next summer it will be for a lot more than £20 million.
I’m not sure what makes you think that, he will be in his last year so clubs won’t offer that and they also know we can’t afford him to walk for nothing so will deal?
Best scenario is if Raya agrees to sign a new deal and we then can sell him for the money he’s worth now.
 

David Raya

Anyone who reckons we'll get £40m good job is living in dreamland with 12 months left on his contract when the window opens. I reckon £20m tops.
That's fine. I'd take £20m from Chelsea if they throw in Mudryk too. Joking aside a cash plus player deal might be interesting.
 

David Raya

That's fine. I'd take £20m from Chelsea if they throw in Mudryk too. Joking aside a cash plus player deal might be interesting.
So realistically who would you want from Chelsea, I cannot think of anyone within the financial boundaries?
 

David Raya

I don’t see him moving to Spain he’ll want a top 6 side over here alongside the massive wages that he can’t get in Spain, spurs is his most likely destination imo possibly followed by Chelsea or maybe even man United depending on de gea contract as atm he's out of contract end of this season
 
Last edited:

David Raya

I don’t see him moving to Spain he’ll want a top 6 side over here alongside the massive wages that he can’t get in Spain, spurs is his most likely destination imo possibly followed by Chelsea or maybe even man United depending on de gea contract as atm he's out of contract end of this season
De gea for Raya is a straight upgrade honestly, never mind a succession plan. Spanish national team coach seems to agree (though his form has improved a lot since the world cup)
 

David Raya

I think we should be as chill about this as the club and Raya. He’s not quiet quitting, if anything he’s playing better than ever and we have him until at least the end of the season. We have a moderate chance of qualifying for Europe without it being a massive overperformance (!) as we still have a lot of players with several levels of further development in them and if anything we could have got a few more points. It’s been very much a team and squad effort under clever coaching and strong individual focus on that.

Raya’s contribution to that is big but not irreplaceable. It is not impossible that we could realistically be pressing on again next season and so offer the progression in challenge he seeks and deserves. But as with CE, we shouldn’t fear him making another choice.

So what if he “only” goes for £20m? That’s still a big profit and surely we should as fans be happy that we’re not in the PL purely maximising transfer fees but balancing that with league performance. £20m is well beyond the difference in league placing money Raya gives us now because overall he’s not the difference between us and relegation so letting him see out his contract is a false economy.
 

David Raya

With all the players they’ve recently signed, they must be knee-deep in decent youngsters again. There might be a couple on our radar willing to do a DaSilva and see the light.
I was watching Chelsea Vs arsenal under 21s last night cos a friend's son was on the arsenal side, and was very impressed with the Chelsea youngsters. Great high press and intensity, lots of fight in the midfield. None of them likely to get a sniff at the first team in the next few years with all the new signings, and even if they were with Chelsea in the state it's in they might be able to do better elsewhere.
 

David Raya

With all the players they’ve recently signed, they must be knee-deep in decent youngsters again. There might be a couple on our radar willing to do a DaSilva and see the light.
I am sure there will be, but is there anyone there that you want. I honestly cannot think of anyone. Possibly 1 or 2 to make up the 25, but nobody to be part of our starting 11. Over to you.
 

David Raya

I am sure there will be, but is there anyone there that you want. I honestly cannot think of anyone. Possibly 1 or 2 to make up the 25, but nobody to be part of our starting 11. Over to you.
strange comment - did you want Josh Dasilva before we signed him? i didn't know who he was. there could be plenty of diamonds in the Chelsea rough, in a similar vein.
 

David Raya

I’m not sure what makes you think that, he will be in his last year so clubs won’t offer that and they also know we can’t afford him to walk for nothing so will deal?
Best scenario is if Raya agrees to sign a new deal and we then can sell him for the money he’s worth now.
Can’t see him signing a new deal now especially after coming out and saying he wants to fight for trophies etc
 

David Raya

I was watching Chelsea Vs arsenal under 21s last night cos a friend's son was on the arsenal side, and was very impressed with the Chelsea youngsters. Great high press and intensity, lots of fight in the midfield. None of them likely to get a sniff at the first team in the next few years with all the new signings, and even if they were with Chelsea in the state it's in they might be able to do better elsewhere.
not so sure, there's always a chance for the cream to rise to the top, plus they'll need to fulfill their homegrown quotas etc... but keep in mind too that i think all of the new signings recently were in that 18-22 range themselves, so there'll be chances for the current homegrown lads to make an impression on the next era of their squad... (and if they don't get chances then more fool Chelsea)...
 

David Raya

strange comment - did you want Josh Dasilva before we signed him? i didn't know who he was. there could be plenty of diamonds in the Chelsea rough, in a similar vein.
Just giving my own personal opinion. I don't have the expertise of our management team so you could be right. Was just making an observation that nobody at Chelsea is standing out for me despite 300M plus being spent in the last window. Not sure if that says more about Chelsea, or us.
 

David Raya

Can’t see him signing a new deal now especially after coming out and saying he wants to fight for trophies etc
Exactly but likely to be the only way that we will get offers of £40M in summer.
We have given him a great platform to develop and we are expecting to sell him as know he can command a lot more money and is ambitious to play European football.
If we could persuade him to sign a new deal we would still agree to sell him but it gives us a better return for him and the demand will still be there given what Man U and Chelsea are spending on has beens ?
I doubt he’ll agree to sign but we should keep trying as can’t see we have anything to lose ?
 

David Raya

Just giving my own personal opinion. I don't have the expertise of our management team so you could be right. Was just making an observation that nobody at Chelsea is standing out for me despite 300M plus being spent in the last window. Not sure if that says more about Chelsea, or us.
Certainly none of their stars and new buys has looked that great. Though I think Mudryk at the price we offered might have been a different prospect. No idea about any of their youth product.
 

David Raya

If he goes it will be for a club playing in Europe with money to spend and , if within our power , not a close rival. Answers on a postcard.
 

David Raya

Robert Sanchez has been dropped by Brighton.

I wonder if David might have pushed ahead of him for Spain now?
 

David Raya

Never mind how long Raya has left on his contract or how much other clubs are willing to pay for him……in my opinion he is the most important player in the club right now. If it is possible to asses individual contributions towards points tally at the end of the season ( which it is not ) I believe he would come out ahead of anyone. We can shift the formation, if and when Toney gets his ban, we can replace other squad members, but I suspect we will struggle to find another keeper with all the attributes that Raya has……I’ll be extremely happy to be proved wrong on this point.
 

David Raya

Never mind how long Raya has left on his contract or how much other clubs are willing to pay for him……in my opinion he is the most important player in the club right now. If it is possible to asses individual contributions towards points tally at the end of the season ( which it is not ) I believe he would come out ahead of anyone. We can shift the formation, if and when Toney gets his ban, we can replace other squad members, but I suspect we will struggle to find another keeper with all the attributes that Raya has……I’ll be extremely happy to be proved wrong on this point.
This is why I think the club will only entertain offers north of £30m. Given his value to the team and the potential of him joining a rival, they may as well keep him for another season and help the club achieve their goals then let him leave on a free.

The extra success achievable with an established keeper could easily be worth quite a few million with the club’s current trajectory.
 

David Raya

I suspect the club will push for £20m with adds on reaching £30m.

There is a arguement to make him stay and lose him on a free year later. But that doesn't make business sense and it's clear the player wants the move. Phil will push for the best deal possible when selling for sure.

I don't see his contract nearly being up as an issue, name me some goal keepers currently better than him? That will be available?
 

David Raya

Whoscored has him in their TOTS so far. Best goalkeeper in the League?
 

David Raya

I think the hope is the Strakosha is the replacement and in that case, the question will be getting in a capable #2 assuming that MC goes out on loan for a season
Yeah I think MC will go on loan and leave us with
-Strakosha
-New signing who's younger and less experienced but could maybe challenge for strakosha's place in terms of quality if we're lucky
-B teamer (balcombe/winterbottom?)
As the pecking order.
 

David Raya

Yeah I think MC will go on loan and leave us with
-Strakosha
-New signing who's younger and less experienced but could maybe challenge for strakosha's place in terms of quality if we're lucky
-B teamer (balcombe/winterbottom?)
As the pecking order.
My pick for the 2nd would be caoimhin kelleher IF he'd be happy to fight to earn his place. If he wants to walk into a starting 11 he may need to look lower down the table or outside the league so I think it could be a good move from his pov if he trusts himself to take on that challenge.
 

David Raya

My pick for the 2nd would be caoimhin kelleher IF he'd be happy to fight to earn his place. If he wants to walk into a starting 11 he may need to look lower down the table or outside the league so I think it could be a good move from his pov if he trusts himself to take on that challenge.
He' wants number 1 spot reason he wants to leave Liverpool
 

David Raya

My pick for the 2nd would be caoimhin kelleher IF he'd be happy to fight to earn his place. If he wants to walk into a starting 11 he may need to look lower down the table or outside the league so I think it could be a good move from his pov if he trusts himself to take on that challenge.
I think he's a #1 in probably 15 of the prem teams. Suffering from Martinez syndrome: needs to leave to a club that doesn't have a Raya, Ederson, Allison etc...
 

David Raya

He' wants number 1 spot reason he wants to leave Liverpool

I think he's a #1 in probably 15 of the prem teams. Suffering from Martinez syndrome: needs to leave to a club that doesn't have a Raya, Ederson, Allison etc...
I appreciate this but if he's any fight in him he'll fancy his chances to unseat strakosha in a way that's just not realistic with Allison. As I say if his top concern is guaranteeing he starts from the word go he can look lower down the table but I can't see him unseating any other keeper in the current top 10 any more easily than he does strakosha.
 

David Raya

His replacement is already here isn't he
very much what the two above me have said - fitness concerns and general discontent, plus not too impressive so far... the jury is very much out. in any case i would hope we're still looking, but it's going to be hard to replace Dave anyway. don't begrudge him his move (and no fannying around here, i think it's inevitable and he's given us plenty), but he's probably top 10 in the world and whoever we get in is not going to be that...
 

David Raya

Whoever replaces David isn't going to be ready made to his level, the same as when we signed him.

I am expecting a youngish, but experienced GK to come in and take on the battle for number 1. La Liga has a couple of options, and no doubt they'll be others, let's wait and see!
 

David Raya

I haven't seen anything other than a couple of click bait quotes attributed to his agent to suggest he has spat his dummy out. But hey, I'm not at Jersey Road (the last time I went to watch training, Pat Kruse gave me a lift back to Braemar Road in his Cortina) so who knows...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom