David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Raya

Not seen too many posts on him since he’s played.

However my first impressions are he is an upgrade on Bentley.

He seems more decisive and he’s quick off his line and seems calm with the ball at his feet.
 

David Raya

Not seen too many posts on him since he’s played.

However my first impressions are he is an upgrade on Bentley.

He seems more decisive and he’s quick off his line and seems calm with the ball at his feet.

Going by the friendly thread, one or two think hes as bad as Bentley and we need Daniels in goal for Brum :rolleyes:
 

David Raya

Going by the friendly thread, one or two think hes as bad as Bentley and we need Daniels in goal for Brum :rolleyes:

I’ve swerved that thread deliberately as it’ll be doom and gloom central lol
I might head over now for some amusement... :sorted:
 

David Raya

I thought his distribution was very good yesterday, OK may be he has to cut out some of the more "interesting" areas to play into. He's certainly confident!
 

David Raya

I thought his distribution was very good yesterday, OK may be he has to cut out some of the more "interesting" areas to play into. He's certainly confident!

Technique wise, he's quality. Decision making... Could need some work. If that makes sense.
 

David Raya

.............awaiting Joebees report...............
 

David Raya

Technique wise, he's quality. Decision making... Could need some work. If that makes sense.

Do you mean decision making in possession or coming out to claim the ball?
 

David Raya

Going by the friendly thread, one or two think hes as bad as Bentley and we need Daniels in goal for Brum :rolleyes:

I’ve just finished reading and cannot bring myself to respond to any of it...

Oh the life of a goalkeeper...or in our case goalkeeper coach too. lol
 

David Raya

Possession, his decisiveness when coming to claim a ball looks nice already

That I agree with 100#, I guess he was taking more risks as it was a preseason friendly, they are there to try things out, I’d be amazed if he’s as risky in possession in some situations, however, I will say some of the movement in front of him made his job hard, I’m sure it’ll all come together... :sorted:
 

David Raya

That I agree with 100#, I guess he was taking more risks as it was a preseason friendly, they are there to try things out, I’d be amazed if he’s as risky in possession in some situations, however, I will say some of the movement in front of him made his job hard, I’m sure it’ll all come together... :sorted:

I agree, he looks very good... In fact, you could even say he's a keeper...
 

David Raya

Made a worldie (imo) in the second half after a poor ball out by him, the muff player was clean through and thought he was certain to score.
 

David Raya

.............good hands today............
 

David Raya

.............good hands today............

Yes, a couple of good solid saves, decent punches out and a clean claim of a dangerous cross into the box late on. Communication with the CBs still a work in progress but is clearly being worked on and PJ helping. Long kicks less desperate than Bentley’s. Good long throws out. Positive start.
 

David Raya

Needs to work a lot on his kicking... good hands though
 

David Raya

Needs to work a lot on his kicking... good hands though

Really? I didn't see him today, but on the evidence of the last two fixtures I would be happy to see this bloke play in midfield!
 

David Raya

Lots of his long kicking went straight into touch ..

Because we were playing suicide football in the first half and he was under pressure to simply kick the ball away without targeting anyone in particular.
 

David Raya

It was clear that our centre backs are not used to a 'keeper who moves so quickly to claim the ball. There were a number of occasions when Jansson and Jeanvier could have conceded an OG when trying to clear when Raya had it covered, one where Pontus headed it out of Raya's hands!

When that understanding comes, we're going to be very solid. His distribution was good, too. Yes, a number of attempts to find the wing backs went out but if was hellish windy.
 

David Raya

Reminds me a bit of Ederson at city. A couple of scary moments yesterday but I blame the defence as much as Raya for that. Certainly a fun goalkeeper to watch, will make some mistakes but will probably also make some goals this season.
 

David Raya

Because we were playing suicide football in the first half and he was under pressure to simply kick the ball away without targeting anyone in particular.

Good. Giving it back to the opposition, who keep it in play, doesn’t allow us to set up defensively. Kicking it out for a throw allows us to do that. Maybe that’s why Raya is a level up to Bentley?! He reads the game much much better! :)
 

David Raya

Good. Giving it back to the opposition, who keep it in play, doesn’t allow us to set up defensively. Kicking it out for a throw allows us to do that. Maybe that’s why Raya is a level up to Bentley?! He reads the game much much better! :)

I like him, he’s definite and comes for everything, he’ll make the odd mistake but think he’ll be a real asset
 

David Raya

Reminds me a bit of Ederson at city. A couple of scary moments yesterday but I blame the defence as much as Raya for that. Certainly a fun goalkeeper to watch, will make some mistakes but will probably also make some goals this season.

You and me both. Wasn't entirely impressed with his attempted saves in the Bournemouth friendly for their first two goals but he's definitely got bags of ability in terms of reading the game and playing the ball on the deck.
 

David Raya

I like him, he’s definite and comes for everything, he’ll make the odd mistake but think he’ll be a real asset

Me too. As a former defender ( long ago, distant galaxy etc) - if you know the keeper’s coming for everything, then it’s one less thing to worry about! You can then concentrate on where the attackers are, blocking their runs and so on.
 

David Raya

Me too. As a former defender ( long ago, distant galaxy etc) - if you know the keeper’s coming for everything, then it’s one less thing to worry about! You can then concentrate on where the attackers are, blocking their runs and so on.

:sorted:
 

David Raya

Can someone please tell Marky Bee that Raya doesn't rhyme with Slayer?

Now, repeat after me:
When it comes down to the wire, Daveed Raya, unlike Eric Dier, is a compulsive buyer of hairdryers.

Or am I playing with fire?

PS I have no input on the Mbeumo dilemma.

:wave:
 

David Raya

With him coming for everything the defence will soon realise that and soon settle down. Will worry the crap out of me, but hopefully as the season progesses all will settle down.
 

David Raya

.............nothing to worry about with this fella...............sweeper keeper with good hands............
 

David Raya

His distribution looks pretty good so far.. Blackburn fans said it was rubbish! Seems miles better than Bentley
 

David Raya

Agreed, distribution for us and distribution for Blackburn mean very different things. He probably isn't a 'drop it on a sixpence' keeper, but we don't play that way. So far so good.
 

David Raya

They probably mean he didn’t lump it the length of the pitch that they wanted

He showed he even had that string to his bow by kicking straight to Boro’s keeper once yesterday!
 

David Raya

Will need time to develop a good understanding with the new CBs. Will only get better.
 

David Raya

He showed he even had that string to his bow by kicking straight to Boro’s keeper once yesterday!

...wind assisted?!
 

David Raya

Just viewing the extended highlights today, and live v Birmingham he looks more comfortable dealing with high crosses into the box than DB.
 

David Raya

Safe to say Raya will never give the ball to the opposition again when he is standing next to the corner flag! Feel more confident in his general play than I did with Bentley last year. Distribution will I am sure improve - I think everyone was a bit off first half yesterday. Talking of Bentley did anyone see his flying save yesterday when he parried it up in the air and it bounced back dangerously towards his goal. He got lucky.
 

David Raya

Said he’d be good. Always looking to play quick. Solid again.
 

David Raya

Definite improvement, he takes control of situations that Bentley would have left to the defenders.
 

David Raya

Watched him warming up today. Outstanding shot stopper. Good in the air too. Really rate him!
 

David Raya

Definite improvement, he takes control of situations that Bentley would have left to the defenders.
Incredibly quick and decisive. That may lead to a howler or two but, once he really gets an understanding with the centre backs, I think he's going to be superb.
 

David Raya

Love this guy already.
 

David Raya

Looks a definite upgrade . Could do with being an inch or two taller but not much can do about that ! Defence though seems confident with him behind them

Agree that the defence seem to have more confidence in him that was afforded to Bentley. To be fair, Pontus is a big help with that, though. Looked confident to me, although his tip taps with Racic in the 1st half on numerous occasions was a complete waste of time!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom