David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Raya

He was too far off his line for the goal, but at the end of the day he is a massive upgrade on Bentley, and I’m a huge fan.
 

David Raya

I did. He was too far out.

he's a sweeper keeper. The ball ricocheted off Dalsgaard and into their strikers feet and he hit it straight away into the far top corner. Can't really fault him for that.. Thought he was excellent all game, his passing is miles better than our centre backs!! Love the way he comes for crosses too. You can see the defence have a lot more confidence in him than we did with Bentley..
 

David Raya

Interesting that when news broke of us signing him, Blackburn fans implied he had 'a few mistakes' in him.' We were saying the same about Dan B when he was transferred to BC. Reading the local journo's comments prior to tonight's match, he can do no wrong! As with DR! How things change in a short space of time. Undoubtedly in my view, DB's personal issues last season did affect his performances with us. I'm just glad he's been able to recover his form (tonight excepted, of course!).
 

David Raya

Bentley leaving and Raya coming in benefited everyone. Bentley/Bristol/Brentford. He seems like a lovely bloke who hit a bad patch of form last season amid personal difficulties, he's a quality goalkeeper on his day. Let's just hope it's not today.
 

David Raya

I will actually enjoy it hugely if he flaps one in tonight.
In much the same way as I used to love it when the cocky kids at school slipped up.
Bentley, obviously.
 

David Raya

Really impressed with Raya so far. Seems very comfortable at catching crosses and corners which is something I didn’t feel Bentley was.
 

David Raya

Love him and the influence he has on our shape and overall defending.
 

David Raya

As good as a shot stopper Bentley is (and he showed that tonight) I much prefer Raya over him. Just gives me more confidence, catching crosses, pinching clear and his all round distribution.
 

David Raya

Don’t know why he didn’t come for the ball in that 1v1 as he would have got it - but top quality save nonetheless.
 

David Raya

As good as a shot stopper Bentley is (and he showed that tonight) I much prefer Raya over him. Just gives me more confidence, catching crosses, pinching clear and his all round distribution.

:imwith:

It was time to part. Very impressed with Raya so far.
 

David Raya

Raya's got everything. He comes for crosses, he's constantly talking to the defenders, his ball control and passing is excellent and he's a fantastic shot stopper.. Bentley inevitably had a good game for them and made some crucial saves but was also hesitant on crosses and had a couple of misunderstandings with his defence. think we've done very well here..
 

David Raya

Really changed my initial misinformed opinion, clear upgrade.
 

David Raya

Raya's got everything. He comes for crosses, he's constantly talking to the defenders, his ball control and passing is excellent and he's a fantastic shot stopper.. Bentley inevitably had a good game for them and made some crucial saves but was also hesitant on crosses and had a couple of misunderstandings with his defence. think we've done very well here..

Unfortunately for us nobody could get to the corner in the first half that Bentley missed in the Bristol 6 yard box, no one at the back post , the he really flapped at a shotblate in the second half again no one following up,
 

David Raya

The best I have felt watching our keeper for some time.
 

David Raya

It's funny that, even when they had the breakaway, I sort-of felt "let's see what happens" rather than "Oh ****".
 

David Raya

He is a very fine Goalkeeper who gives confidence to the entire team. Good to watch.
 

David Raya

Impressive stuff. Just one thing. The ball only appeared to hit the back of the net once during all of that. If only that could translate into real life.

That's what training is for...
 

David Raya

Don’t see many comments regarding the keeping coach this season???
 

David Raya

There is no doubting that he is a good keeper - however I think that he does have one obvious failing in that he often, unnecessarily, stands too far out, A fault that makes him suspect to high longer distance shots and emphasised by his relatively small stature. The goal against us at Barnsley was not the first that he could have saved if he were closer to his line.
 

David Raya

There is no doubting that he is a good keeper - however I think that he does have one obvious failing in that he often, unnecessarily, stands too far out, A fault that makes him suspect to high longer distance shots and emphasised by his relatively small stature. The goal against us at Barnsley was not the first that he could have saved if he were closer to his line.
Geometry says that is not true.
 

David Raya

............... awaiting Joebees input.............
 

David Raya

There is no doubting that he is a good keeper - however I think that he does have one obvious failing in that he often, unnecessarily, stands too far out, A fault that makes him suspect to high longer distance shots and emphasised by his relatively small stature. The goal against us at Barnsley was not the first that he could have saved if he were closer to his line.

That's his role as a sweeper keeper. He's there to ensure we're not vulnerable to balls over the top of our not particularly speedy CBs, also as a passing option to move the ball about quicker as he's so good on the ball. Can't see it being an issue.. The goal Barnsley scored was bang in the top corner, he wouldn't have got it if he was further back anyway. The issue with that goal was they got lucky with a deflection and Jeanvier didn't close him down especially well. Sometimes you just have to say 'too good' though. You can't stop them all..
 

David Raya

There is no doubting that he is a good keeper - however I think that he does have one obvious failing in that he often, unnecessarily, stands too far out, A fault that makes him suspect to high longer distance shots and emphasised by his relatively small stature. The goal against us at Barnsley was not the first that he could have saved if he were closer to his line.

You've never wtached Neuer?
 

David Raya

That's what training is for...

I meant the ball hitting the back of our net about once every 300 shots. I wasn't knocking the training or keeping.
 

David Raya

.............super low down save late on.............
 

David Raya

Was superb as well tonight. Cracking saves. Cool too :)
 

David Raya

I’m interested in Taunton Bee’s thoughts these days, why are we signing another error making keeper?
Major upgrade and he’ll do for me.
 

David Raya

I don’t know why but I didn’t quite warm to Raya early on, but the odd blip aside he’s looking like a definite upgrade and now I can see why we pursued him.
 

David Raya

One dodgy spillage but superb again apart from that
 

David Raya

I don't expect an error from him and that fills me and more importantly the defence in front of him with confidence. Just seen his save on the highlights - impressive.
 

David Raya

Did have a couple of heart in mouth moments tonight but generally fills me with confidence both shot stopping and from crosses - claims loads but punches well when required too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom