nick logan
Well-known member
David Raya
The players all rallied round him straight away , the fans sang his name. Was almost my champagne moment actually
The players all rallied round him straight away , the fans sang his name.

Do we shout, “it’s all your fault”, at him on Saturday?
Then laugh and sing his name!?! :angel:
The less about his recent errors the better.
But what on earth has happened to his kicking of late?
The less about his recent errors the better.
But what on earth has happened to his kicking of late?
The error count since the change in goalkeeping coach doesn't make for good reading..
The error count since the change in goalkeeping coach doesn't make for good reading..
Looked to me like Ollie was pushed too.....If you watch it back the push was a factor but also not helped by 2 of our own players backing into him . Ollie was one I think .
First half at a corner one of their centre backs kept messing with Raya to the point where he pulled a Velcro closer of one of Raya’s gloves open. I kid you not. And the push in his back for their goal is pretty clear on the highlights. He may make a mistake like that at Hull but he doesn’t seem to get a great deal of protection at corners.
If you watch it back the push was a factor but also not helped by 2 of our own players backing into him . Ollie was one I think .
Apparently it was "cheeky"...
https://www.skysports.com/football/...eeky-attempt-to-distract-brentford-goalkeeper
Apparently it was "cheeky"...
https://www.skysports.com/football/...eeky-attempt-to-distract-brentford-goalkeeper
So, would it also be "cheeky" to, for example, unlace a defender's boots, as he was waiting to defend a corner?
So I’m confused. The goalkeeping coach who destroyed Bentley has messed up Raya by leaving the club? Is that right?
Is it the departure of the goalkeeping coach that's responsible or is it since Pontus Jansson picked up his injury? Or is it just coincidence? Regardless, he's making too many mistakes currently.
Last night it was a two handed push in the back. Enough to put him off his alignment for his punched clearance.
Refs normally watch for that sort of thing but last night's........................didn't!!!! No surprise there then.
Twenty players in the box. Ref has two eyes which tend to coordinate on one point. Do the math. Overall, ref had an excellent game. Managed players in a high profile game without resorting to cards where others might have. Pretty sure we will see him as a premier league referee sooner rather than later. Best I have seen at GP this season
Twenty players in the box. Ref has two eyes which tend to coordinate on one point. Do the math. Overall, ref had an excellent game. Managed players in a high profile game without resorting to cards where others might have. Pretty sure we will see him as a premier league referee sooner rather than later. Best I have seen at GP this season
If that was the best I’d bloody hate to see the worst!
Standby for incoming!![]()
Twenty players in the box. Ref has two eyes which tend to coordinate on one point. Do the math. Overall, ref had an excellent game. Managed players in a high profile game without resorting to cards where others might have. Pretty sure we will see him as a premier league referee sooner rather than later. Best I have seen at GP this season
I actually agree with all that, apart from the word "math".
Do you prefer 'sums'? Take you back to your teaching days?
"Maths". It's plural. Or maybe "arithmetic" in this instance. "Arith" ?![]()
Twenty players in the box. Ref has two eyes which tend to coordinate on one point. Do the math. Overall, ref had an excellent game. Managed players in a high profile game without resorting to cards where others might have. Pretty sure we will see him as a premier league referee sooner rather than later. Best I have seen at GP this season
I actually agree with all that, apart from the word "math".
Not sure VAR would have ruled the goal out. The Leeds guy did have both hands on Raya's back, but it didn't look a shove - more 'protecting his space' from Raya moving backwards. I'd say 40-50% chance of VAR ruling it out
Musty admit, I thought he was OK too.
At fault for Birmingham's goal today? For me he should have come out
Each to their own. I thought he had a great game.
Dropped another cross that someone at this level should comfortably be catching. Very fortunate it didn't drop to a Birmingham player.
Did you notice it was ****ing windy today????? 40 mph swirling wind - did you fail to notice this? Really?
Dropped another cross that someone at this level should comfortably be catching. Very fortunate it didn't drop to a Birmingham player.