Outgoing Rumours David Raya

This thread relates to rumours of a player possibly leaving.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BFC1997

Very well-known member
Joined
12 Feb 2011
Messages
18,010
Reaction score
20,335
Location
Isleworth

David Raya

This one feels inevitable - he will leave, and probably to Spurs - although hopefully not until the summer window at least:

 

David Raya

Well, I wasn’t expecting this to a be a “popular” thread so unsurprised by the response.

But he’s not signed a new deal, and has been the subject of multiple stories during this window with interest from first Ajax, and now Spurs.

I think it makes 100% sense that he ends up replacing Lloris although probably in the summer.
 
Last edited:

David Raya

BBC Gossip also said they're looking at Pickford. Depends if they've got money to spend I guess, because if Everton do go down, that will surely make Pickford a much cheaper option?
 

David Raya

But he’s not signed a new deal, and has been the subject of multiple stories during this window with interest from first Ajax, and now Spurs.

There isn’t any “interest” from Spurs. A Telegraph journalist Matt Law) has written a speculative piece which says;

“… Tottenham are planning to bring a new long-term successor to Lloris in during the summer and Raya is high on their list of targets.

Everton’s Jordan Pickford is another goalkeeper Tottenham could consider with the England international yet to commit himself past his current deal that expires in 2024.”

A definite contender for the NSS Award for the first week of January.
 

David Raya

There isn’t any “interest” from Spurs. A Telegraph journalist Matt Law) has written a speculative piece which says;

“… Tottenham are planning to bring a new long-term successor to Lloris in during the summer and Raya is high on their list of targets.

Everton’s Jordan Pickford is another goalkeeper Tottenham could consider with the England international yet to commit himself past his current deal that expires in 2024.”

A definite contender for the NSS Award for the first week of January.
If Raya is high on their list of targets I think that qualifies as “interest”.

It is probable he will not leave until the summer, nonetheless we can expect more and more noise from this point on.
 

David Raya

Was the aim of this thread to inundate West Middlesex Hospital with cardiac arrests?
He’s leaving so we better get used to that. Can’t see him signing a new deal and there’s no way we will let him walk away for nothing in 18 months time.
 

David Raya

Unless he signs a new contract in the next few months, then I pretty sure he will be off in the summer.
 

David Raya

He’s leaving so we better get used to that. Can’t see him signing a new deal and there’s no way we will let him walk away for nothing in 18 months time.
Yes. So this thread can wait till the summer.

There is no speculation or rumour of him going this window.
 

David Raya

BBC Gossip also said they're looking at Pickford. Depends if they've got money to spend I guess, because if Everton do go down, that will surely make Pickford a much cheaper option?
I think in Spurs eyes it will be more like - Englands no 1 from a HUGE club, 40 million.
A bloke who got picked once for Spain from a Little club in London, 5 million.
I think we may see it differently.....
 

David Raya

Can't wait for Levy and his sh1tty take it or leave it £10m offer in late August.
Suspect given he will have a year left this summer that it will not be in the £50m + category (as it otherwise would be IMO) but it will still be good money for the club.

I remember some being worried that he would not be an upgrade on Daniel Bentley.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

David Raya

It's incredibly important that we replace Raya with another keeper that is ready to start in this league. They obviously won't be at the same level, unless free or last year of their contractor, otherwise they would cost 40+

I'm pretty sure the club know this isn't a position we can f*** about with.
 

David Raya

I think in Spurs eyes it will be more like - Englands no 1 from a HUGE club, 40 million.
A bloke who got picked once for Spain from a Little club in London, 5 million.
I think we may see it differently.....
I would tend to agree that Pickford is probably not the cheaper option given he's England's no.1 and Everton paid 25m for him a few years ago. My guess would be both will move for around 20-25m given only 1 year left on contracts.

I think we all know who would represent the better value for money...
 

David Raya

It's incredibly important that we replace Raya with another keeper that is ready to start in this league. They obviously won't be at the same level, unless free or last year of their contractor, otherwise they would cost 40+

I'm pretty sure the club know this isn't a position we can f*** about with.
I’d like to think that in 2-3 years time, after a loan spell or two, Matt Cox could be number one and eventually in the England squad.

In the meantime we aren’t likely to get anyone of Raya’s level, he is simply exceptional.

Hopefully Strakosha is “good enough” but if not, I have no doubt the club will reinvest some of the funds from the transfer in another senior GK.
 

David Raya

He’s leaving so we better get used to that. Can’t see him signing a new deal and there’s no way we will let him walk away for nothing in 18 months time.
I have no doubt he’s going. I hope it’s summer
And if it’s Strashoka, then he needs time

I read this headline as imminent transfer
 

David Raya

He's only on about 25k a week apparently, considering his value to us i'm sure we would up it to 60/70k at least, which is prob not far short of what Spurs would offer considering their wage structure in comparison to the rest of the big 6. It is more Raya's outspoken desire to play champions league football that worries me. So we'll just have to beat them to 4th...!
 

David Raya

Any top 6 club would be lucky. But I can't see Daniel Levy stumping up the cash to be honest.
 

David Raya

Yes. So this thread can wait till the summer.

There is no speculation or rumour of him going this window.
I think you’ve missed the purpose of this website. Not only that, if we get a great valuation in this window, he’s off.
 

David Raya

I think you’ve missed the purpose of this website. Not only that, if we get a great valuation in this window, he’s off.
Not sure about that, after yesterday his value to us has increased massively.
 

David Raya

He's only on about 25k a week apparently, considering his value to us i'm sure we would up it to 60/70k at least, which is prob not far short of what Spurs would offer considering their wage structure in comparison to the rest of the big 6. It is more Raya's outspoken desire to play champions league football that worries me. So we'll just have to beat them to 4th...!
How do you know how much he's earning?
 

David Raya

How do you know how much he's earning?
A guess on the basis of him being one of the top earners when he joined in 2019 and not having signed a new deal. I think Kieran Maguire (academic specialising in football finances) estimated his wage at about £30k a week.
 

David Raya

No it hasn’t
If we sold him this month, how many points would the lack of a competent keeper cost us between now and the end of the season? Right now it feels like a flashback to the days when Jack Bonham was our back up…
 

David Raya

I bet Raya would be gone by the time this thread has reached 100 posts (inside information from you know who).
 

David Raya

Some of the posters on here should have watched Fred Ryecraft.....then they would be concerned....:sneakoff:
 

David Raya

Dont see him leaving in January but I would be surprised (and delighted) if he signed a new deal now. 100% will be sold if not signed by the summer before his value plummets
 

David Raya

If we sold him this month, how many points would the lack of a competent keeper cost us between now and the end of the season? Right now it feels like a flashback to the days when Jack Bonham was our back up…
He is a great goalkeeper, but his value has not increased significantly overnight.

Strakosha, with 164 Seria A appearances and two Coppa Italia winners medals, is not comparable to Jack Bonham.
 

David Raya

I actually think this is a good time for us to sell? Call me crazy but here's my reasoning

-I'd like to keep Strakosha, not gonna get another keeper of his quality without spending big and his manager seems to be trying to kick up a stink in the press

-playing off those long balls from raya to toney are gonna be off the menu soon anyway.

-He'll fetch a bigger price in January.

-we are pretty unlikely to either get relegated or qualify for europe so it's the perfect time to make risky sales
 

David Raya

Surprised this thread didn't start when he wasn't included in the squad yesterday tbh
 

David Raya

Surprised this thread didn't start when he wasn't included in the squad yesterday tbh
Or when our resident body language experts had the opportunity to study his actions after the Liverpool game …
 

David Raya

I wonder if Spurs will attempt a deal this month? Their back up keeper looked very shaky against us and Conte is always moaning about the lack of quality in his squad.
 

David Raya

If we sold him this month, how many points would the lack of a competent keeper cost us between now and the end of the season? Right now it feels like a flashback to the days when Jack Bonham was our back up…
“The lack of a competent goalkeeper”. Jesus wept. For all of our history someone with the pedigree of TS on the bench would have been the wildest dream imaginable. So he let in a soft one yesterday. I’m more concerned about what he will do over 20 games. And over 20 games he will do what he has done in Serie A
 

David Raya

“The lack of a competent goalkeeper”. Jesus wept. For all of our history someone with the pedigree of TS on the bench would have been the wildest dream imaginable. So he let in a soft one yesterday. I’m more concerned about what he will do over 20 games. And over 20 games he will do what he has done in Serie A
Sorry that’s like saying Antonio “is” a good player because he has played 200+ premier league matches for West Ham. “Was” is the correct word…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom