England's Next Manager

Les Beeavinu

Administrator
Joined
5 Aug 2002
Messages
78,925
Reaction score
61,226
Location
Sandhurst

England's Next Manager

Discussions from now here please.
 

England's Next Manager

David Beckham and Alan Shearer as a dream team.
 

England's Next Manager

Steve Evans
 

England's Next Manager

I'd like to be considered, I'll do it for half of what Roy was on, I'll pick players in form in the right position, I'll have a plan b, I won't be intimidated by the players, I won't allow cliques and I guarantee we wouldn't lose 2-1 to a side like Iceland ever.
 

England's Next Manager

.............Mark Warburton..........
 

England's Next Manager

I wouldn't say no to Eddie Howe
 

England's Next Manager

Glen hoddle, finish what he started
 

England's Next Manager

My heart says Howe but I would be amazed if the FA allow this.
Chris Houghton?
I think Benitez would be an FA type appointment but I am not sure he would take the role.
In all honesty, I cannot think of many Englishman suitable for the role.
Southgate/Allardyce please NO!
It really is an unappetising position isn't it?
 

England's Next Manager

If it's English i'd love to see us go for Eddie Howe or even an outsider like a Warburton or Dyche. But I don't see the FA doing that and rumour is it'll be foreign but with Premier League experience. Benitez isn't a bad shout but i'd rather a Koeman or Bilic.
 

England's Next Manager

I'd actually take Allardyce (waits for abuse to fly in). What our players need is some belief, organisation, a clear game plan and for them to know what their jobs are. You might not get the beautiful game, but I actually can't think of a coach at the moment that would get more out of this shower. We've done the whole foreign coach bit and that didn't work. There is no one else and I believe he's earned the right to have a go at it. It is actually quite sad that Southgate is the favourite. He needs to go and get some experience managing experienced professional footballers first.
 

England's Next Manager

give it to Southgate.it's a poisoned chalice....it'll be exactly the same in Russia...why waste big money on a top guy
 

England's Next Manager

Redknapp has actually spoken up in support of Hoddle and against Southgate.
 

England's Next Manager

Don't care we have no national team they are dead to me.

A European would be nice say Gordan Strachan.
 

England's Next Manager

The job will go to who ever looks good in a Blazer, and is prepared to allow pampered players to get picked regardless of whether they've played a game or not in the last 12 months.

:thetruth: :sorted:
 

England's Next Manager

If it's English i'd love to see us go for Eddie Howe or even an outsider like a Warburton or Dyche. But I don't see the FA doing that and rumour is it'll be foreign but with Premier League experience. Benitez isn't a bad shout but i'd rather a Koeman or Bilic.

You can't have Bilic, he is such a proud Croatian it would be a nightmare if we play each other.
 

England's Next Manager

The job will go to who ever looks good in a Blazer, and is prepared to allow pampered players to get picked regardless of whether they've played a game or not in the last 12 months.

:thetruth: :sorted:

I'm prepared to do that for £500,000 a year. As long as it's a nice blazer, none of that Matalan crap thank you.
 

England's Next Manager

I'm prepared to do that for £500,000 a year. As long as it's a nice blazer, none of that Matalan crap thank you.

Don't be too cheap, I'd want a mill and a Saville row bespoke, knee length tailored jacket with a detachable club badge in case I take the lads out for a beer to bond after an away win in the qualifiers.
 

England's Next Manager

Eddie Jones - make him elite England team sports manager.

Mike Bassett.
 

England's Next Manager

Who would want the job ?
It's a poisoned chalice. Even Fergie in his prime would have not been able to sort it out. The FA only want a yes man and someone who will not challenge the system, be outspoken or rock the boat. Hence the reason why Cloughy never got a chance and Venables did not last long . As much as i detest him Harry Red - Handed he may have made a decent go of it but with the skeletons in his cupboard it was not going ti happen.
Rather than the managers being constantly under scrutiny how about the top bods at the FA who are making the decisions and devising the footprint. The whole British game needs a huge re-vamp as it has reached it's lowest ebb last night.
A massive task ahead for the blazers at the FA.
 

England's Next Manager

Over pampered footballers who live in a world surrounded by brown nosed sycophants, who would want to manage that?
 

England's Next Manager

Over pampered footballers who live in a world surrounded by brown nosed sycophants, who would want to manage that?
..............when they pay £3.5 million a year.............yes please..............
 

England's Next Manager

Appointing Southgate may assist with managing expectations :)
 

England's Next Manager

Sad isn't it that we can't really identify anyone with the ability. What have we become-IMO all thanks the Premier League.For me , the only choice is Hoddle. I say that without massive enthusiasm. You'd really need someone like Conte but he's off elsewhere.
 

England's Next Manager

Quite frankly I cannot think of any English Manager that could do the job, in fact any Manager from any country would struggle, as has been evident with the numerous experienced guys that have failed.

In Rugby we had the talent but until now not the management, unfortunately I don't think In football we have the talent and have not had for many years

We have and are still being told that we have great players and often the " World Class " description is bandied about. Get real, if they were that good the big boys from Europe would have enticed them like Bale was. We have some decent and some IK players nothing more. When that can be taken on board by the media then perhaps we will start to do better

The players are cosseted beyond belief and ultimately beleive their own hype, whilst that continues I cannot see any England team producing the goods, irrespective of who is in charge

The rest of the UK teams are made up, in the main, of Prem reserves or Championship players who are delighted to have a chance to play in these tournaments, it creates a team cohesion that we can only admire and makes those players far more passionate in everything they do

In my opinion we are unlikely ever to do well in tournaments ( OK the Leicester scenario could kick in ) and it seems increasingly futile watching the Nationsl team in the future
 

England's Next Manager

We should hold a referendum on leaving FIFA. Once left we can play only countries outside FIFA (Jersey, Basque Country etc.) and should have no trouble winning our new world cup :sorted:
 

England's Next Manager

..............Andy Scott.............
 

England's Next Manager

Terry Butcher never gets a mention for the England job, I can't think why.
 

England's Next Manager

Has Peter Reid ruled himself out yet??......
 

England's Next Manager

..............Reid and Wright............
 

England's Next Manager

.Reid and Wright............[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy to see Eddie Howe or Chris Hughton given the job if it has to be an English Manager. I really think it's Roy junior giving it to an FA head boy in a blazer like Southgate.
 
Back
Top Bottom