England's Next Manager

England's Next Manager

TBH I think any top class international manager who has been successful in tournament football is approached for the job, should say “I have looked at the England squad and there are no world class players. I will get the team organised and prepared, but the rest is down to good fortune on the day. Until the level of player improves you must lower your expectations and put together strategic plans to try and raise the quality of English players available. As long as this is known and adopted, I would be happy to talk further”

I can see no reason why a good young manager like Howe would want to be fighting against the greed of the PL and the ridiculous pressure of media and fans.

Sadly I watch England on TV if I have nothing to do, but I have no real desire to watch these superstars who are still decades behind the top teams in terms of footballing brains, technique and how to win.

If you do not tackle the horrendous problems facing our game from junior club folding to foreign players dominating academies to 21yr old with massive massive contracts thinking they`ve made it to etc etc.
 

England's Next Manager

TBH I think any top class international manager who has been successful in tournament football is approached for the job, should say “I have looked at the England squad and there are no world class players. I will get the team organised and prepared, but the rest is down to good fortune on the day. Until the level of player improves you must lower your expectations and put together strategic plans to try and raise the quality of English players available. As long as this is known and adopted, I would be happy to talk further”

I can see no reason why a good young manager like Howe would want to be fighting against the greed of the PL and the ridiculous pressure of media and fans.

Sadly I watch England on TV if I have nothing to do, but I have no real desire to watch these superstars who are still decades behind the top teams in terms of footballing brains, technique and how to win.

If you do not tackle the horrendous problems facing our game from junior club folding to foreign players dominating academies to 21yr old with massive massive contracts thinking they`ve made it to etc etc.

Exactly. I've no interest in England, football is completely broken from top to bottom with the amounts sloshing about which rarely reach below the Premiershit. How many football fans would pick country over club? Not many I'd guess...
 

England's Next Manager

Lets wait and see what comes out of the on-going Telegraph reports as some names might be implicated also.
 

England's Next Manager

So the top English managers (by current league position)...

Alan Pardew
Sean Dyche
Mike Phelan (caretaker)
Eddie Howe
Chris Hughton (although he played for Eire didn't he?)
Dean Smith

Hardly an inspiring list is it (apart from the last chap who I am liking more and more by the day!)

Will surely have to be a foreign appointment?
 

England's Next Manager

TBH I think any top class international manager who has been successful in tournament football is approached for the job, should say “I have looked at the England squad and there are no world class players. I will get the team organised and prepared, but the rest is down to good fortune on the day. Until the level of player improves you must lower your expectations and put together strategic plans to try and raise the quality of English players available. As long as this is known and adopted, I would be happy to talk further”

I can see no reason why a good young manager like Howe would want to be fighting against the greed of the PL and the ridiculous pressure of media and fans.

Sadly I watch England on TV if I have nothing to do, but I have no real desire to watch these superstars who are still decades behind the top teams in terms of footballing brains, technique and how to win.

If you do not tackle the horrendous problems facing our game from junior club folding to foreign players dominating academies to 21yr old with massive massive contracts thinking they`ve made it to etc etc.

The majority of normal fans fully agree with you.
The problem is the "Money men" and the FA dont, and never will.
Thats why we are where we are.
 

England's Next Manager

I would give it to Southgate in the short term & then bring in Wenger at the end of the current season, when I believe his Arsenal contract ends, with Southgate staying on as assistant
 

England's Next Manager

FA have gone back to asking Wenger....

Think he's wants a Premiership title this season. The England job won't appeal to him.
 

England's Next Manager

FA have gone back to asking Wenger....


Think he's wants a Premiership title this season. The England job won't appeal to him.

He's wanted one for about the last 12 years and missed the best chance for ages last season.
He has no chance of winning it this time around regardless of the result against Chelsea.
 

England's Next Manager

Hasn't he said in the past that he doesn't want it full time?

I thought he said he didn't want it on a Caretaker basis.......which is odd, as that's what he'll now be doing.......
 

England's Next Manager

I thought he said he didn't want it on a Caretaker basis.......which is odd, as that's what he'll now be doing.......
He's a young old fart and won't let them down, they've probably promised him a knighthood and a job for life as the new Sir Trevor Brooking if he takes the reins for a while.
 

England's Next Manager

RB Leipzig DoF being spoken to, apparently. Never heard of him but what I've briefly read sounds good. If it is him, it makes you wonder how the FA can veer from one extreme in terms of appointments to another in such a short space of time...
 

England's Next Manager



but i suppose what you make of that depends on how much you might value Knutson's opinion :)
 
Back
Top Bottom