"Fans' Forum"

"Fans' Forum"

Banana said:
"AF said that Bees United had asked the Club not to commit to the grant in case they can exercise the option to buy the Club at the end of September"

What have BU got to do with it? It's a BFC decision isn't it? :scratch:

The grant add liabilities to the balance sheet, not something Altonwood will permit.

Also, if we take the grant we have to spend additional money of our own which we haven't got. As has been mentioned elsewhere, we're not exactly rolling in it.
 

"Fans' Forum"

Any idea when the next meeting is?
 
Last edited:

"Fans' Forum"

Nigel Brooks said:
Just looked back at my e-mails.

The customer service report went to John McGlashen (whatever happened to him?) on 10th September 1983.

Still, I guess time is needed to think these things over :D


As a result of a PM, I am happy to correct my error.

The customer service report went to John Mac on 10th September 2003.

Not even Brentford could take 22 years to ignore a report!
 

"Fans' Forum"

Nigel Brooks said:
As a result of a PM, I am happy to correct my error.

The customer service report went to John Mac on 10th September 2003.

Not even Brentford could take 22 years to ignore a report!

May I be the first to say to your customer service report:-

"Happy 2nd Birthday for next Saturday".

:wave: rofl
 

"Fans' Forum"

Nigel Brooks said:
As a result of a PM, I am happy to correct my error.

The customer service report went to John Mac on 10th September 2003.

Not even Brentford could take 22 years to ignore a report!

Nigel,
Willl u be at The Griffin on Sat?

I think a cake will be in order!
 

"Fans' Forum"

Banana said:
"Why were away fans given precedence and not held in the ground for a short period while Brentford fans left the area? RK explained that it was no longer possible for fans to be held at football grounds due to human rights issues. A case had been brought by a football fan against the police when he had been held back at the end of a game (not at Brentford)."

That's a new one on me!!!

Anyone heard of this? I'm sure it would have made the news.....

Just to prove this is absolute b***ocks I was taking pictures tonight at Loftus Road for QPR v Luton this evening where an announcement was made over the tannoy just before full time that all Luton Town fans would be kept behind to stop congestion in South Africa Road.

By the time I packed up my kit, walked to the photographers room and then left the ground they were still locked in!! This must have have been a good five or so minutes after the final whistle. Answer that one King!

I suggest BIAS take this up in the near future so when teams with big away support come to Griffin Park, Brentford fans are not treated like second class citizens.

Also perhaps someone going to the next meeting can raise this with our mighty Operations Manager.
 

"Fans' Forum"

markbfc said:
Just to prove this is absolute b***ocks I was taking pictures tonight at Loftus Road for QPR v Luton this evening where an announcement was made over the tannoy just before full time that all Luton Town fans would be kept behind to stop congestion in South Africa Road.

By the time I packed up my kit, walked to the photographers room and then left the ground they were still locked in!! This must have have been a good five or so minutes after the final whistle. Answer that one King!

I suggest BIAS take this up in the near future so when teams with big away support come to Griffin Park, Brentford fans are not treated like second class citizens.

Also perhaps someone going to the next meeting can raise this with our mighty Operations Manager.

An interesting comment, and one which will be raised at the forum at the end of this month.
 

"Fans' Forum"

Not keeping fans back may have something to do with Police costs. If you keep people in, then I would imagine more police have to be deployed in the ground, which of course costs money. If that is the case, I'll suffer a bit of inconvenience to save a few quid.

I may of course, be talking utter b***ocks.
 

"Fans' Forum"

Les Beeavinu said:
Not keeping fans back may have something to do with Police costs. If you keep people in, then I would imagine more police have to be deployed in the ground, which of course costs money. If that is the case, I'll suffer a bit of inconvenience to save a few quid.

I may of course, be talking utter b***ocks.

A good point, Les B, but in the interests of seeing all sides of the arguement, in this instance I have to question the info given by the BFC management (cannot remember if it was RK or AF) who, I am advised, very clearly said that the Met deemed it to be an infringement of human rights to keep any section of fans back after a game. Personally I do not agree with this either as I am damn sure that the Police have powers to override such issues if it is in the interest of public order.

But the issue here is, the club clearly stated that the reason away fans are not kept back, and thus why sometimes Bees fans are not allowed around the Ealing Rd side of the ground at the end of a game, was because of this approach by the Met, so given what is reported to have happened at QPR last night, either the Met have changed their policy, the club have mis-interpreted that policy, or the Club gave an incorrect answer.
 

"Fans' Forum"

markbfc said:
Just to prove this is absolute b***ocks I was taking pictures tonight at Loftus Road for QPR v Luton this evening where an announcement was made over the tannoy just before full time that all Luton Town fans would be kept behind to stop congestion in South Africa Road.

By the time I packed up my kit, walked to the photographers room and then left the ground they were still locked in!! This must have have been a good five or so minutes after the final whistle. Answer that one King!

I suggest BIAS take this up in the near future so when teams with big away support come to Griffin Park, Brentford fans are not treated like second class citizens.

Also perhaps someone going to the next meeting can raise this with our mighty Operations Manager.

Are these the same human rights which allowed the stewards to stop my son and I leaving 5 minutes early from the SW game a couple of years ago to avoid the obvious trouble. Their holding us back meant that we walked straight into the ***** causing trouble from yorkshire :nono:
 

"Fans' Forum"

Les Beeavinu said:
Not keeping fans back may have something to do with Police costs. If you keep people in, then I would imagine more police have to be deployed in the ground, which of course costs money. If that is the case, I'll suffer a bit of inconvenience to save a few quid.

I may of course, be talking utter b***ocks.

Any away crowd that was large enough to consider keeping back at the end would mean police inside the ground from when it opens. So in this case cost is not a factor.
 

"Fans' Forum"

The answer was always obviously b***ocks as it infringes your rights to be barred from walking down a public road, just as much as being held behind. Typical of the club - whatever reasons it has, it can't bring itself just to tell us the truth.
 

"Fans' Forum"

Les Beeavinu said:
Not keeping fans back may have something to do with Police costs. If you keep people in, then I would imagine more police have to be deployed in the ground, which of course costs money. If that is the case, I'll suffer a bit of inconvenience to save a few quid.

I may of course, be talking utter b***ocks.

All the police were outside the away end waiting for the Luton fans to come out!
 

"Fans' Forum"

"'away' supporters may be kept back by the police after the final whistle to aid on the safe dispersal of all supporters"

if that's on your ticket, then i'm sure you have entered into a binding contract. :sorted:
 

"Fans' Forum"

I certainly thought fans could be kept behind after a match by the police, particularly with (for example, from Ipswich's terms and conditions 'At all times while present in the ground, persons must comply with any and all instructions of any police officer.'

However, it looks like Reading, for example, have a similar view to the Bees: (from a Reading Fans' Forum in 1999) '[Q] Why not keep away fans in the ground after matches to avoid trouble? [A...]- It's basically illegal - it comes under "unlawful detention."

I've had a hunt around but can't find any reference to the Fan's case which was quoted. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just I can't find it. It is just possible that the case has been taken up but not heard yet, in which case Bees and Reading may be playing safe, while QPR are less concerned. However, if the request is made by the police rather than the club, I'd think it's not up to the club to refuse it.
 

"Fans' Forum"

Would anyone bee interested in starting up a new chant?

I was thinking of using the old Shaman song, Ebenezer Good

Bees are good, Bees are good, Bees are good,Super Bees are good! (and repeat)
 

"Fans' Forum"

bEEZrgood said:
Would anyone bee interested in starting up a new chant?

I was thinking of using the old Shaman song, Ebenezer Good

Bees are good, Bees are good, Bees are good,Super Bees are good! (and repeat)

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Think you may have wanted to put this on anothe thread. :D
 

"Fans' Forum"

http://www.bias.org.uk/news_story.php?id=96_0

Latest meeting took place on 29th September.

It appears home fans will continue to treated as second class citizens on New Road and Lindley's contract is going to be extended. :rolleyes:

On the plus point Princess Royal turnover up 79%. Excellent.

Did anyone raise the question of away fans being kept behind?
 

"Fans' Forum"

We're going to be able to text anti-social behaviour compliants :owusu:

So if I call Finch a **** to his face, do you think I'll get reported :confused:
 

"Fans' Forum"

So after the last meeting, when communication, the biggest area needing improvement , was put off until this meeting, it was agreed it has improved!

Well i never.

Who says it has?
What is the criteria?
The KPI's that were to be put in place -how are they doing?
How speedy are communications dealt with?


Wait until next Thursday :box:
 

"Fans' Forum"

markbfc said:
http://www.bias.org.uk/news_story.php?id=96_0

Lindley's contract is going to be extended. :rolleyes:

Why oh why? Apparently Fullers are going to pay for putting in new catering equipment in the Princess Royal, why cant we supply some catering outlets from there?

The food isnt even that good in fact i never bother anymore

And any chance of a healthy option like a Jacket Potato or am i just neing too girly now?
 

"Fans' Forum"

eghambee said:
Did i miss the revised meeting that Lindleys were going to attend?



No, yet another lie aided by the corrupt BFC Board :sorted:
 

"Fans' Forum"

To Markbfc.

I believe you are referring to the notes made by BIAS rep. at the fans forum with respect to Lindleys. read the below with a `and it better improve' tone.

"Discussions are ongoing with Lindleys to discuss in depth all aspects of the Club’s catering facilities, especially in view of the fact that the public catering contract expires at the end of this season. "

This is FACT.

Secondly are you referring to the keeping behind of supporters when you say 2nd class citizens? It was not obvious from your statement to what you refer?

Lastly the fact that there was a forum, minutes from it in note form have been published by an independent source, that changes and improvements in the matchday experience have been noted and acted on and an endeavour to be pro-active in explaining where the club stands on matters as early as possible and try not to be misleading, is this not an improvement in communications.
Yes or no?

:dj: 4 90
 

"Fans' Forum"

Edmundo said:
So the cosy group that the club are communicating with have decided that communications have improved. You couldn't make it up! :rolleyes:

Do the group represent other people?
Do they have measurements for improvement?


I can see the CEO's notes in the Swindon programme now, 'it was agreed by all involved that communication has improved , and i would like to thank myself, Roy 'he does such a wonderful job' King for the improvement. Oh and PG'.
'By the way BU will tell you why we are so much in debt!'
 

"Fans' Forum"

No_sting_Bee said:
Lastly the fact that there was a forum, minutes from it in note form have been published by an independent source, that changes and improvements in the matchday experience have been noted and acted on and an endeavour to be pro-active in explaining where the club stands on matters as early as possible and try not to be misleading, is this not an improvement in communications.
Yes or no? ?
Is this to me. I didn't comment in the first place.
No_sting_Bee said:
Secondly are you referring to the keeping behind of supporters when you say 2nd class citizens? It was not obvious from your statement to what you refer?
Yes.

re: Lindley's. It say on the BIAS link that "Public catering: the Club are currently negotiating the extension of Lindley’s contract."

FACT.
 
Last edited:

"Fans' Forum"

Ok.
The quote I made about Lindleys.
This was a direct cut and paste from minutes of the meeting made by BFC.

Is the Fans forum representative someone asked.

Seven people two are Ladies, ages mixed, no non whites, all long time supporters. I believe at least four of them post irregularly on GPG.

Yes small sample but is that representative?

Since we have few asian/black supporters, an increasing number of ladies and most of our fans are long term and loyal I think the answer is Yes.

Lastly, the decisions to hold back supporters is apparently made by the police on a game by game basis and conditions on the day. Other reasons have been made and some confusion existed at the club about the actual circumstances.
Also I read on the OS (I think) that this would be announced on the tannoy during the game as early as possible.

Hope this clears up misunderstandings.

:dj: 4 90!
 
Last edited:

"Fans' Forum"

No_sting_Bee said:
Lastly, the decisions to hold back supporters is apparently made by the police on a game by game basis and conditions on the day. Other reasons have been made and some confusion existed at the club about the actual circumstances.

That doesn't answer why people were not held back on the assumption of "human rights" of the away supporters.

Basically that reply from the club via the police gives them carte blanche to carry on as they see fit. Brentford fans should come FIRST.

No_sting_Bee said:
Since we have few ethnic supporters

I don't think you can use that word just on its own in 2005 without offending people mate. :sorted:
 
Last edited:

"Fans' Forum"

markbfc said:
I don't think you can use that word just on its own in 2005 without offending people mate. :sorted:

Ethnic - Pertaining to nations not Christian or Jewish. OED

Not sure whether supporting BFC is included or excluded?
 

"Fans' Forum"

northantsbee said:
Why oh why? Apparently Fullers are going to pay for putting in new catering equipment in the Princess Royal, why cant we supply some catering outlets from there?

The food isnt even that good in fact i never bother anymore

And any chance of a healthy option like a Jacket Potato or am i just neing too girly now?

:nono:
They are looking at getting a chef in to do quality ready meals! Please keep up.
 

"Fans' Forum"

Why is the commercial manager looking into a texting service for anti social behaviour?

Do you get a prize the more people you text about?
 

"Fans' Forum"

eghambee said:
Why is the commercial manager looking into a texting service for anti social behaviour?

Do you get a prize the more people you text about?

To report instances that occur and the reporter is not confident to confront themselves.
 

"Fans' Forum"

No_sting_Bee said:
To report instances that occur and the reporter is not confident to confront themselves.
surely these texts should go to the Safety Officer and not the Commercial Manager? :wave:
 

"Fans' Forum"

markbfc said:
surely these texts should go to the Safety Officer and not the Commercial Manager? :wave:

:sorted: That was my point :sorted:
 

"Fans' Forum"

markbfc said:
surely these texts should go to the Safety Officer and not the Commercial Manager? :wave:
The text service will be a "Premium Service" and will result in text updates from the Police Control Room and the Snatch Squad during the whole eviction process as your nominated Brentford supporter is removed from Griffin Park. You will also receive texts containing the transciption of Review Committee hearing. Obviously the receiver will be paying for these texts and will generate an income stream for the club - this is therefore a Commercial activity. Think of it as your own, personal Clubcall

One other thing: this service is already in the budget - so GET TEXTING TO SAVE THE CLUB :sorted:
 
Back
Top Bottom