Farewell

Farewell

Nigel come back we didn't mean it?

Nigeeeeeeeeeeeeeel :wave:

:D
 

Farewell

Back in April 2005 I had a wonderful cathartic moment and chose neither to renew my BU membership nor take any active interest in the off-field ‘shenanigans.

I became an apparatchik simply following (and sometimes even enjoying following) Brentford. The constant lurching from crisis to crisis, the overt incompetence, the hidden agenda and the constant failure to deliver on promises made were no longer of any concern to me.

I still retained an interest, from a combination of morbid curiosity and as a source of amusement in the postings and musings on the GPG. There were, of course, the keyboard warriors (I count myself guilty, on occasion, in this regard) but some wonderfully erudite and witty posts, many from those whose contributions could and should have made a real difference if only they had been acknowledged. There was always a whinge factor but the generally positive and constructive balance meant that there was a lack of constancy in the negativity and that the GPG was still, at the least, an entertainment.

It is sad then to look at the GPG today. Little more than an organ for constant and incessant whining about every minute facet of life the universe and everything (apologies Douglas Adams) with only the occasional, and you have to search hard, insightful comment or news snippet . Even the banter has taken a down-turn, what was once an entertainment is now a chore.

So time to move on. It was fun sharing a laugh, expounding club-saving ideologies, theorising over “what, who and when”. It seems so recent.

That’s it then, my last post, I wish it could be more uplifting, must be the 'GPG effect'. The PMs are turned off, the profile edited.

Farewell.


This is called taking thy self a bit too seriously....:rolleyes:

Nige its a football fan website not the office of the prime minister!!!

No need to resign just don't post anymore or look!!!:D
 

Farewell

A week has past and still no pictures from Farnham Bee of the press conference, no 'Who should the new member be'. No word from the OS, what's happening?

Seriously though of course there's alot of crap on the GPG, most of it posted by me, but no-ones forcing you to read it, GPG's just a place you can have your voice heard. I post even though I don't agree with the stuff on the forum...anyway what's the point in discussion if everyone agrees?
 

Farewell

but no-ones forcing you to read it


Who's this geezer sat behind me then wearing camouflage/mask and knife to my back? :eek:
 
Last edited:

Farewell

Nigel out!


That worked.
 

Farewell

I thought Gingervitis was bad breath :hide:
 

Farewell

Good bump by the official GPG historian.

New GPGers - read this and weep!
 

Farewell

...We're busy making plans.....
 
Last edited:

Farewell

Does he still go to Brentford games? His son was a cameraman but don't think I've seen him for years? :shrug:
 

Farewell

I must admit I have threatened myself with the same actions a thousand times but it never lasts long. A few years ago my visits to GPG went from 100 times daily to 1 or twice a week however the last 6 months I am back on it every day. Too hard to give up.
If it gets tedious, which is does, I just lose interest for awhile then come back when I want to know something. No need throwing baby out with the bathwater.
 

Farewell

:imwith:
I must admit I have threatened myself with the same actions a thousand times but it never lasts long. A few years ago my visits to GPG went from 100 times daily to 1 or twice a week however the last 6 months I am back on it every day. Too hard to give up.
If it gets tedious, which is does, I just lose interest for awhile then come back when I want to know something. No need throwing baby out with the bathwater.
 

Farewell

Nigeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

For maximum value called out like the little blond boy to Alan Ladd in Shane!
 

Farewell

Never seen him or his son again - and to be fair you couldn't miss either of them if they still go!
 

Farewell

Always had a smile and a hello when I saw him which was most match days, haven't seen him for donks.

I'd suggest checking the press for court cases around that time - look out for fraudsters receiving long sentences. Reckon he knew he was going down for a long time and so devised a credible reason for not posting for a while. lol ( I never met or knew the fella so those who did chill, I don' know how to do the fishing bloke)
 

Farewell

He's still around and posts on the EalingToday forum. Not about Brentford.
 

Farewell

He's still around and posts on the EalingToday forum. Not about Brentford.

Wasn't he a chuchgoer too IIRC.

Shame when people give up a football team they've been so involved with for years. :(

Always seemed a very decent fellah to me.
 

Farewell

My Mrs would love it if I "did a Nige" :)

I'm at GP a lot less since kids and our move to Hampshire but I'm still hanging in there.

GPG is still naff though :fishing:
 

Farewell

Last seen looking for some candlesticks that were nicked from his church - Wasting his time unless he looks in my loft.
 

Farewell

Not nice :sad:
 

Farewell

Known Nigel since infant school and was best man at his wedding. He comes from a Brentford "family" going back many decades. It took a lot to make him walk away from GP and all I can do is respect his decision. He is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.
 

Farewell

He walked away from GP and Brentford altogether?? Surely not
 

Farewell

Hello folks, was pointed to this thread by a mate.

Sadly, I can't get to GP anymore. Last match was almost five years ago.

Some may remember my last few appearances were on crutches. Tore both Achilles tendons in June 2008, just stepping off a kerb, and instead of healing they reformed as bone.

Well, fourteen surgical procedures later I am at least walking very limited distances again.

The 'ops' have left me with permanent nerve damage in my ankles so I can't stand (or indeed sit) for any length of time. Rather precludes on one's attendance at football matches.

One day, maybe one day, they'll fix my ankles but, until then, I watch 'from afar'.

Best wishes to all.
 

Farewell

sh*t, all the best from someone who only started posting after your exit. Hope things improve for you.
 

Farewell

Hello folks, was pointed to this thread by a mate.

Sadly, I can't get to GP anymore. Last match was almost five years ago.

Some may remember my last few appearances were on crutches. Tore both Achilles tendons in June 2008, just stepping off a kerb, and instead of healing they reformed as bone.

Well, fourteen surgical procedures later I am at least walking very limited distances again.

The 'ops' have left me with permanent nerve damage in my ankles so I can't stand (or indeed sit) for any length of time. Rather precludes on one's attendance at football matches.

One day, maybe one day, they'll fix my ankles but, until then, I watch 'from afar'.

Best wishes to all.

Best wishes to you for a happy life mate. Bees is poorer without you.
David
 

Farewell

That is very sad to read Nigel, I have never met you but i hope that you will be fit enough to attend games again asap.

Best Wishes.
 

Farewell

Hello folks, was pointed to this thread by a mate.

Sadly, I can't get to GP anymore. Last match was almost five years ago.

Some may remember my last few appearances were on crutches. Tore both Achilles tendons in June 2008, just stepping off a kerb, and instead of healing they reformed as bone.

Well, fourteen surgical procedures later I am at least walking very limited distances again.

The 'ops' have left me with permanent nerve damage in my ankles so I can't stand (or indeed sit) for any length of time. Rather precludes on one's attendance at football matches.

One day, maybe one day, they'll fix my ankles but, until then, I watch 'from afar'.

Best wishes to all.

Sorry to read that, a horrible amount of procedures indeed. Good luck on the recovery and I hope we can go back to the bays of BRU and watching us lose.
 

Farewell

That is truely shocking news.

Hopefully you will be able to return to GP or LR one day.
 

Farewell

Sure everyone wishes Nigel all the best with what sounds like a really horrible injury.
I have just read the original post on this thread, which he wrote in 2006. If that's how he felt about the GPG back then, I shudder to think what he makes of some it at the moment. Occasionally there are posts which bring a bit of perspective to the anally-obsessive stuff we get so much of, and Nigel's post is for sure one of them.
 

Farewell

Hello folks, was pointed to this thread by a mate.

Sadly, I can't get to GP anymore. Last match was almost five years ago.

Some may remember my last few appearances were on crutches. Tore both Achilles tendons in June 2008, just stepping off a kerb, and instead of healing they reformed as bone.

Well, fourteen surgical procedures later I am at least walking very limited distances again.

The 'ops' have left me with permanent nerve damage in my ankles so I can't stand (or indeed sit) for any length of time. Rather precludes on one's attendance at football matches.

One day, maybe one day, they'll fix my ankles but, until then, I watch 'from afar'.

Best wishes to all.

Sorry to hear your news Nigel.

:wave: :wave:
 

Farewell

Best wishes Nigel for a sufficient recovery so you can get back to GP and more important a happier life.not so sure back watching us will though.
 

Farewell

Nigel, you are a true gent and as Nocoat has already said Griffin Park and the GPG are poorer without you.

I can only hope that the doctors get you sorted with the passing of time and that your magnificent frame will once again watch our boys play again - be it at Griffin Park or Lionel Road.

How is your lad doing ?

With best wishes.
 

Farewell

Nigel, you are a true gent and as Nocoat has already said Griffin Park and the GPG are poorer without you.

I can only hope that the doctors get you sorted with the passing of time and that your magnificent frame will once again watch our boys play again - be it at Griffin Park or Lionel Road.

How is your lad doing ?

With best wishes.

There is now some 20kg less of the 'magnificent frame'.

Stephen is well thanks and busy working as a photographer to local schools and sports clubs.

http://www.stephenbrooksphotography.com

I do miss the camaraderie of GP as well as the football.

Who knows, they may find a 'fix'. I am just pleased to be 'walking' (of sorts).
 

Farewell

Hello folks, was pointed to this thread by a mate.

Sadly, I can't get to GP anymore. Last match was almost five years ago.

Some may remember my last few appearances were on crutches. Tore both Achilles tendons in June 2008, just stepping off a kerb, and instead of healing they reformed as bone.

Well, fourteen surgical procedures later I am at least walking very limited distances again.

The 'ops' have left me with permanent nerve damage in my ankles so I can't stand (or indeed sit) for any length of time. Rather precludes on one's attendance at football matches.

One day, maybe one day, they'll fix my ankles but, until then, I watch 'from afar'.

Best wishes to all.

Lovely to see you back in the GPG, but would wish you were in better health - I hope you have emailed the council in support of the application :)
 

Farewell

I have indeed, in fact we both have.

Anyway, thanks all for your good wishes. Time for me to 'bow out' (not like I did last time, what was I thinking?).

God willing, I'll make it back to GP a few times before LR becomes a reality.
 

Farewell

best wishes nigel I can equate somewhat to what you are going through as my daughter has something similar which was first diagnosed as possibly cancerous but in fact isnt thankfully. we have never met but it is good to see you back on here allbeit in difficult circumstances. all the best mate.

regards
yorkbee
 

Farewell

All the best Nigel glad you have reappeared on GPG.
 

Farewell

Nice to see you back , stay ,it helps , trust me ........... Can't they bundle you into a couple of wheel chairs for a visit to GP ?
 

Farewell

Best wishes Nigel.
Do you remember selling the BU mugs outside the griffin?

Bish & gang.
 
Back
Top Bottom