Farewell

Farewell

All the best mate! I always knew this day would dawn but truly sorry about the circumstances. As you know, returning to GP will be like you've been away five days not five years. It's still a cesspool of vitriol etc. etc. but we do get to bang on about the good old days. Tell me they were good... they were wern't they Nige?
 

Farewell

All the best Nigel. Remember chatting to you on many occasions while selling Beesotted / TITs outside Brooke Road before games.

Good health Sir.
 

Farewell

So sorry to read about your problems Nigel, sincerely hope they improve to make life more bearable.
Was that silver from the Church ever recovered
 

Farewell

Right then, a collective reply.

Bigbee - two wheelchairs - cheeky sod :) I have resisted wheelchairs or such things as, to me, it's a 'point of no return'. Remember the ABeeC 'battle bus' tour for the local elections?

AceFace/Bish/Bosh/Bash - still got my mugs and I remember shaking those bleeding buckets as if it were yesterday.

RoyBee - remember our chats well.

Wise old Bee- they were great days mate and will be again. Days on The Oak and arse-numbing trips to Hartlepool and Carlisle will live forever in my memory.

TOMOGP - nope never got it back, probably melted down or in the canal.

Thanks again folks for all your good wishes.
 
Last edited:

Farewell

Nice to hear from you again Nigel, so sorry to hear about your bad luck. Remember you for being one that was not prepared to lose his football club.:sorted:
 

Farewell

Nigel,
Good to see you're back on GPG (yep, we've nearly all sworn to give it a miss at some point!) and hope that you are on the mend at last.
OH! and big man,.......stop blocking up the gangway on Brook Road Upper.......can't you see I'm struggling to get up the stairs with my 'pasting board and placards'
All the best mate. Pete
 

Farewell

For those who remember Nigel, I'm delighted to announce he's re-emerged on Facebook, but I'm not so delighted to mention that he's been in the wars somewhat. He's been unable to attend a game for 6 years, and is currently learning to walk again.
I'm going to find out what help he can get and see if there's a way of getting him to a game. Nigel was an absolutely terrific character, and larger than life itself.
PM me if you think you might be able to help get him to a game please.
 
Back
Top Bottom