Formula 1 2011

Formula 1 2011

Formula 1 2011

Hungary provides borefests. Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt (literally).

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Probably one of the better GP's. Think Brundle said, there were more pits stops in that race than any other before it, excitement. :bound:
 

Formula 1 2011

Historically it is correct. I went in 2002. Dire race. Today was an exception.
 

Formula 1 2011

Historically it is correct. I went in 2002. Dire race. Today was an exception.

That's one way to get out of it :sorted:

There's always a way with 'words' :grey:
 

Formula 1 2011

That's one way to get out of it :sorted:

There's always a way with 'words' :grey:

I am not a fan of the Hungarian Grand Prix. Last year was only memorable for the Schumacher Barrichello incident. Year before Alonso and his wheel. Year before that Kovallainen inheriting victory after problems for Massa and Hamilton. Schumacher won the title in 2001 and his team won the constructors title in 2002. Alonso won his first race in 2003. The weather made it better than usual. Probably one of my least favourite tracks.
 

Formula 1 2011

Where were you all last week when Hamilton won (aside from wanderer paul)? :wave: It went very quiet then didn't it...

Taking next years calendar this is my order of preference of 17 races (I'm leaving out Korea, India and USA as, at this moment in time, only one race has been held at these circuits). I do enjoy seeing a new track though.

Monaco
Belgian
Canadian
British
Italian
Brazilian
Japanese
German (Hockenheim)
Australian
Singapore
Malaysia
Spanish
Chinese
Abu Dhabi
Bahrain
Hungarian
European (Valencia)
 

Formula 1 2011

Formula 1 2011

Reports suggest he will be able to go on the simulator by the end of September. He might be able to race in India (28-30 Oct), Abu Dhabi (11-13 Nov), Brazil (25-27 Nov) but I doubt it. I would like to think he will get a Friday drive, at least, in India/Abu Dhabi and a race in Brazil.

I think Lotus Renault made this decision because they're not developing the car anymore as Heidfeld is like Rosberg, in putting the car where it should be, whereas drivers like Kubica, Hamilton, Alonso can outperform their car.
 

Formula 1 2011

What on earth is a simulator? Looks like a car, behaves like a car, has the feel of a car but you can only crash on TV?
 

Formula 1 2011

Yes. It provides the feel of driving one, and is akin to returning to training. It's not perfect which is why I suggest he will drive on a Friday this season to gain more fitness, akin to coming back in a reserve game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3KUfd4v0Gg
 

Formula 1 2011

Gotcha. I want one for my living room :D
 

Formula 1 2011

Did Maldonado do what I think he just did?
 

Formula 1 2011

Yes. Absolute cretin

If that is the case then he should have his superlicense revoked! Only in the sport because of his cash. Better drivers out there.
 

Formula 1 2011

Five place penalty for deliberately driving into someone's car on the in-lap? Joke.
 

Formula 1 2011

Five place penalty for deliberately driving into someone's car on the in-lap? Joke.

and a slap on the wrist for Hamilton.

Hamilton is an exciting driver, he is not dangerous. If the stewards carry on having a go at him, F1 will lose its excitement. Maldonado is dangerous and should have his licence suspended.
 

Formula 1 2011

and a slap on the wrist for Hamilton.

Hamilton is an exciting driver, he is not dangerous. If the stewards carry on having a go at him, F1 will lose its excitement. Maldonado is dangerous and should have his licence suspended.

I've looked at the incident and it's no worse that some of the things some of the 'legends' have done over the years. A certain driver still out there has rammed his car into others on a few occasions.
 

Formula 1 2011

and a slap on the wrist for Hamilton.

Hamilton is an exciting driver, he is not dangerous. If the stewards carry on having a go at him, F1 will lose its excitement. Maldonado is dangerous and should have his licence suspended.

I think it was for the last corner incident. Maldonado took a very different line through the last corner, as if he was coming into the pits, and left a McLaren+ sized gap on the inside (racing line). All racers would have gone for that gap. 100% Maldonado's fault.

As for the contact after the flag had dropped (the session had ended) can anyone explain how Lewis could have got out of the way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hHG3rPl5UM

Maldonado should have had his superlicence revoked.
 

Formula 1 2011

I've looked at the incident and it's no worse that some of the things some of the 'legends' have done over the years. A certain driver still out there has rammed his car into others on a few occasions.

And got away with it because Bernie wanted him to keep the sport in the news after the death of Senna. Schumacher is a cheating German Barsteward, although he has mellowed a little over the years. I love it now his team mate is showing him the way.

It is not helped by Schumacher being German, but in his defence, he is not Argentinian. ;)
 

Formula 1 2011

Its almost getting to the stage where I could walk up to Hamilton, punch him in the face and he would get done for hitting my fist with his face. :rolleyes:
 

Formula 1 2011

That looked nasty. Surprised Kobayashi hadn't come in to change his wing. Shame for Lewis but looked a racing incident. Great race so far.
 

Formula 1 2011

I'm going to be in Singapore on GP weekend. Worth going? My hotel is hemmed in by the track so might get a good view anyway!
 

Formula 1 2011

I'm going to be in Singapore on GP weekend. Worth going? My hotel is hemmed in by the track so might get a good view anyway!

Could this be the deal naughty abee was teasing us minnions with earlier ?
A major player shifted out, free-ing up some major space on the team coach and slashing the BU cake bill.

Undisclosed sum of course. :moo:
 

Formula 1 2011

I am preparing my Jenson Button flag now. It reads "Jenson. Did you know Salford Bee hates you and he's not even a northerner?". It'll go down well with Lewis I reckon.
 

Formula 1 2011

I'm going to be in Singapore on GP weekend. Worth going? My hotel is hemmed in by the track so might get a good view anyway!

If I was going, I'd either want to be at Turn 7 (Stamford Grandstand) , or Turn 18 (Bay Grandstand). Turn 7 is the best spot for overtaking in my view and IIRC drivers make mistakes at Turn 18.

e5f036292a0b5e8fabb2997ed7edb3b4.jpg


I'd look to be on the right side of the Stamford Grandstand because you can see a lot of the action from there.
Yes the track does go under the stand. I'd want to be in the front row over the middle of the track where it goes underneath the stand.
 
Last edited:

Formula 1 2011

Thanks Salford, I thinking of watching it from my balcony in the Ritz which is under the words "Bay Grandstand" in your diagram.
 

Formula 1 2011

Thanks Salford, I thinking of watching it from my balcony in the Ritz which is under the words "Bay Grandstand" in your diagram.

:eek: nice spot!! good luck with the flag then :D if the drivers will be driving "away" from your balcony, make sure to have "**** you Jenson, signed Salford Bee" written BACKWARDS on the flag to really freak him out in his rear-view mirror :sorted:
 

Formula 1 2011

:eek: nice spot!! good luck with the flag then :D if the drivers will be driving "away" from your balcony, make sure to have "**** you Jenson, signed Salford Bee" written BACKWARDS on the flag to really freak him out in his rear-view mirror :sorted:

Apparently the main "after party" in poolside in that hotel. I have printed off all of SB's mentions of Jenson so that I can show him personally how much he is loved.
 

Formula 1 2011

Apparently the main "after party" in poolside in that hotel. I have printed off all of SB's mentions of Jenson so that I can show him personally how much he is loved.

That's how to party. :D

Having said that, is there anything over the past 12 months to be printed?
 

Formula 1 2011

Apparently the main "after party" in poolside in that hotel. I have printed off all of SB's mentions of Jenson so that I can show him personally how much he is loved.

Tell Fernandes he's sold his soul to the devil in buying that sh*t club :)
 

Formula 1 2011

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14860299.stm

Getting close to a return. As Renault have agreed a host of sponsors after Senna replaced Heidfeld it'll be interesting to see which way they go. Kubica is a class act, and one who will be a major force in a Championship in the future if he fully recovers (and thankfully it looks as if he will) and gets the equipment.
 

Formula 1 2011

................first lap pile up.........
 

Formula 1 2011

Vettel wins, Button with a "great drive" (say BBC) to finish 2nd, and Salford Bee's favourite British driver only finishes 4th...
 

Formula 1 2011

Wonder if Hamilton would have got a drive through penalty for blocking Schumacher if it had been the other way around?

Comes to something when the team principle has tell his own driver to watch it.
 

Formula 1 2011

Wonder if Hamilton would have got a drive through penalty for blocking Schumacher if it had been the other way around?

Comes to something when the team principle has tell his own driver to watch it.

Just goes to prove he is still at it and still getting away with it, nobody else would have. Thought Hamilton was very tight lipped about it after the race.
 

Formula 1 2011

Wonder if Hamilton would have got a drive through penalty for blocking Schumacher if it had been the other way around?

Comes to something when the team principle has tell his own driver to watch it.

Of course he would have been. He has been the only driver punished so far for that rule! Those stewards even reprimanded him for being driven into last weekend by Maldonado. It's a joke. I'm reminded of what Hamilton said after the Monaco GP and more and more I am agreeing with him for the reason why he gets disproportionately punished.
 

Formula 1 2011

Of course he would have been. He has been the only driver punished so far for that rule! Those stewards even reprimanded him for being driven into last weekend by Maldonado. It's a joke. I'm reminded of what Hamilton said after the Monaco GP and more and more I am agreeing with him for the reason why he gets disproportionately punished.

There aren't many British sportsmen and women who are bad losers
It'a one thing we Brits do well.
The Gallant Loser ! The Perenial Runner - Up !

Lewis should read up on his history and know we are not a nation of bad tempered losers.
Blaming everyone and everything else for our short comings

Look at Henman, Murray, Button (save 1 time), Rugby Team (except 2003), Football team (except 1966)...and bite your lip Lewis !
 

Formula 1 2011

Of course he would have been. He has been the only driver punished so far for that rule! Those stewards even reprimanded him for being driven into last weekend by Maldonado. It's a joke. I'm reminded of what Hamilton said after the Monaco GP and more and more I am agreeing with him for the reason why he gets disproportionately punished.

lol lol lol
 

Formula 1 2011

To quote Martin Brundle:

Did we see a consistency of application of driving standards rules? No.

Have drivers been penalised for less than Schumacher did? Yes.

Has Hamilton been punished for less? Yes.

I thought Hamilton handled the post-race interviews very maturely.

With the information I have would I have penalised Schumacher in the race? No, we need quality racing and it's meant to be tough out there, but a reprimand may have been appropriate.

I agree with Brundle on all but the last as it should have been consistent, although I think a reprimand is a fairer punishment and should have been used in Malaysia and in Italy.

Its almost getting to the stage where I could walk up to Hamilton, punch him in the face and he would get done for hitting my fist with his face. :rolleyes:

It's got to the stage now I think as Hamilton's going tame thanks to the stewards. Funny that Hill has never done the job, to my knowledge, since penalising Schumacher last year in Monaco.
 

Formula 1 2011


"Hamilton had failed to find a way past Michael Schumacher's robust defences in dozens of attempts. When one of these left him being pushed onto the Curva Grande grass at 200mph, Button was able to nip past and within four corners succeed in passing the Mercedes at his first attempt."


"Button is a great, positive, pleasant, calming influence on the whole environment. He is a class act. "
 

Formula 1 2011

:D
 

Formula 1 2011

"Hamilton had failed to find a way past Michael Schumacher's robust defences in dozens of attempts. When one of these left him being pushed onto the Curva Grande grass at 200mph, Button was able to nip past and within four corners succeed in passing the Mercedes at his first attempt."


"Button is a great, positive, pleasant, calming influence on the whole environment. He is a class act. "

Button does seem more relaxed than Hamilton. Lewis needs to be a little calmer at times. Unfortunatly, the attitude of some of the stewards seem to be knocking the excitement out of him.

As for Button over taking when Hamilton couldn't, Schumachers overly deffensive driving helped to knacker his tyres earlier and the word in his ear from the team principle, who had to remind him twice to watch his step, helped Button. Hamilton had been sitting on Schumachers tail for a good few laps and his tyres were going. Button had no one around him, could take the best lines so his tyres were in better nick so at that point in the race, he had the best package of the three.
 
Back
Top Bottom