Did pretty well today! 85 off 28 balls incl 7 6s.Evans’ ahem mistake has probably cost him any Int chance but has been very good for a few seasons now, not exactly a youngster coming through though.
I was going to watch the highlights later but some idiot has just spoilt that.Did pretty well today! 85 off 28 balls incl 7 6s.
Just as well I didn't tell you that Perth won then.I was going to watch the highlights later but some idiot has just spoilt that.
India is the Manx cat team.Sounds like the tail did not wag
It might rain tomorrow! ?A very good friend of mine is at this game ! He also had tickets for day 3 ?
Ravi Shastri: "If someone went round the corner for a DUMP and has come back, India has been bowled out for 153!"
???
I remember going for a leak in the old Warner Stand at Lord's and still being able to watch the cricket.Do people often pop round the corner for a dump in SA or India?
I know what you mean.Shastri used to do my head in on commentary but he's been great recently.
You can tell he is livid with India’s batting.Shastri used to do my head in on commentary but he's been great recently.
Just catching up on this thread. Not sure the above is technically correct. Some of the IPL owners are funding the new SA T20 franchise teams. It has nothing to do with BCCI at all.It does. But the bigger thing here was that SA cricket had its funding reduced by the ICC and had to sell the t20 franchise rights to the BCCI to exist. Lo and behold it now has to do what the BCCI wants.
Getting there pretty easily although Kohli wasn’t happy to be given out .India need 79 to win.
Weirdly though, I never got the sense while watching it that the pitch was terrible. It did a bit, not loads.That was a joke pitch which will do harm to the reputation of test cricket.
Is he ever.Getting there pretty easily although Kohli wasn’t happy to be given out .
I would disagree with that and the evidence would suggest otherwise but to back up your view Markram did manage to make a century on that I guess.Weirdly though, I never got the sense while watching it that the pitch was terrible. It did a bit, not loads.
I genuinely didn’t know about Evan’s knock yesterday, watched the highlights, wished I hadn’t known but it was mad, a slow 50 took 17 balls and then he sped up.Weirdly though, I never got the sense while watching it that the pitch was terrible. It did a bit, not loads.
They need to get away from playing on roads in Pakistan. Those pitches do them no favour when playing overseas.Pakistan should just quit playing test cricket in Australia. This will be 17 losses in a row on Australian soil and I can see that streak going on for some centuries
Agreed. It will never happen though. Shaheen saving his legs for the useless PSL. I would have played him this match and rest him for the limited overs stuff he has been overbowled last 12 months and it shows in his recent returns.They need to get away from playing on roads in Pakistan. Those pitches do them no favour when playing overseas.
What has happened to Shaheen? Not playing in this test and at the WC seemed his pace is considerably down.
Root up for test cricketer of the year.
![]()
England players Joe Root and Nat Sciver-Brunt nominated for 2023 ICC awards
England players Joe Root and Nat Sciver-Brunt have both been nominated for 2023 ICC awards.www.bbc.co.uk
Unsurprisingly no one is in the one day nominations!
We really need a strong Pakistan, NZ, SA and WI and others test teams. Without them test cricket will really fall apart. You can't have only three competitive test teams - sadly in 5 years time we may have a discussion how test cricket is no longer relevant as I suspect 50 over cricket will be in the next year or so.Agreed. It will never happen though. Shaheen saving his legs for the useless PSL. I would have played him this match and rest him for the limited overs stuff he has been overbowled last 12 months and it shows in his recent returns.
Calm down, he obviously won't win.
Agree completely.Cricket eating itself. Few people who go to a T20 game care about the result. 25 years time we will not be talking about classic T20 series but at least a few people will have got rich.
.............spot on..............Cricket eating itself. Few people who go to a T20 game care about the result. 25 years time we will not be talking about classic T20 series but at least a few people will have got rich.
I know but I can imagine Root himself is probably embarrassed he has been put up for that award.Calm down, he obviously won't win.
No one of the Aussies will .Calm down, he obviously won't win.
Quite apt that one cheat is replaced by another.Sounds like no one else wanted to step up in house so Smith offered to replace Warner at the top .
Smith replaces Warner as Australia Test opener