Get a grip.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get a grip.....

I seem to recall that the referee awarded the goal; that's the only thing that matters and I don't give a stuff about Bournemouth... trophy at Prenton Park, what were they thinking?
 

Get a grip.....

The past is irrelevant. Blaming players is futile. There are two cup ties to be played and they need to be won. If we win we are good enough; if we don't we're not. That's it. As for Doncaster they will be down again soon and Bournemouth are the next Portsmouth.
 

Get a grip.....

I don't believe the player was off-side when the ball was played to him.

my brother and a mate were in a block of the new road and said he was def offside :looks:
 

Get a grip.....

On my way home feeling gutted

There is no way to describe that game's ending, I just cannot stop replaying that pk over and over again in my head and yes, like many, this 63 year old was crying after the game. A bee since the age of 8 and easily the worst moment ever. I just hope and pray that we can step it up after it being so close, not sure, if we get to Wembley I can make the 9,000 mile roundtrip again but it will be on TV live in the States. Good luck to the manager, players and the best supporters anywhere. My 9 hour flight later will seem a very long one:sad:
 

Get a grip.....

Getting back to Trotta penalty.....have yet to see the replay.......did the keeper move before the kick was taken.....just wondered that's all....:wave:...YOU REDS...
 

Get a grip.....

There is no way to describe that game's ending, I just cannot stop replaying that pk over and over again in my head and yes, like many, this 63 year old was crying after the game. A bee since the age of 8 and easily the worst moment ever. I just hope and pray that we can step it up after it being so close, not sure, if we get to Wembley I can make the 9,000 mile roundtrip again but it will be on TV live in the States. Good luck to the manager, players and the best supporters anywhere. My 9 hour flight later will seem a very long one:sad:

Keep the faith.....that's what supporting the Bees is all about......
 

Get a grip.....

Still stunned after Saturday. It was all surreal. Over the 50+ years the Bees have inflicted heartbreak after heartbreak but then...I keep going back for more.

Automatic promotion was sitting there, waiting for someone to put it in the back of the net. Still stunned after that game; it was all surreal. I had decided to give the play offs a miss. In the depths of despair I couldn't face two possibly three disappointents in a couple of weeks. To be followed by a summer of thinking of another season in L1 and the might've beens-games against the mob from Sheperd's Bush, Reading, possibly Villa (and Forest, Derby, Leeds etc etc).

But now...can't make the away game but have a ticket for GP. If I expect the players/staff to be professional then the least I can do is support them. Onward to Wembley and the Championship next year.

COYB
 

Get a grip.....

There is no way to describe that game's ending, I just cannot stop replaying that pk over and over again in my head and yes, like many, this 63 year old was crying after the game. A bee since the age of 8 and easily the worst moment ever. I just hope and pray that we can step it up after it being so close, not sure, if we get to Wembley I can make the 9,000 mile roundtrip again but it will be on TV live in the States. Good luck to the manager, players and the best supporters anywhere. My 9 hour flight later will seem a very long one:sad:


It feels worse today, I keep running it through my mind over and over and punishing myself. Then I get a moment of anger and determination where I want us to win the play offs, then I slip into despair at the thought of another 180 minutes of hell and then the ultimate disappointment.

Like a lot of others have said/felt, this really was the worst of the lot. If we had drawn 0.0 or lost 3.0 I would have just taken it like I did when we lost to SW and Swansea, we were beaten by better teams and I just walked away with some pride.

After all the sh*te we have gone through with 5 final defeats, 6 play off defeats, coming second in the only year there was 1 automatic spot and being the first to lose in the lucky end in wales I felt totally immune to the disappointment. Just when you think there is nothing else that can be thrown at us to make it worse something none of us expected happened. You think you have hit rock bottom but another level opens up beneath you.... I fully expect the play offs to be horrible just like another england penalty shoot out. You always feel that this must be your day as your day must surely come...but it never seems to come.
 

Get a grip.....

It feels worse today, I keep running it through my mind over and over and punishing myself. Then I get a moment of anger and determination where I want us to win the play offs, then I slip into despair at the thought of another 180 minutes of hell and then the ultimate disappointment.

Like a lot of others have said/felt, this really was the worst of the lot. If we had drawn 0.0 or lost 3.0 I would have just taken it like I did when we lost to SW and Swansea, we were beaten by better teams and I just walked away with some pride.

After all the sh*te we have gone through with 5 final defeats, 6 play off defeats, coming second in the only year there was 1 automatic spot and being the first to lose in the lucky end in wales I felt totally immune to the disappointment. Just when you think there is nothing else that can be thrown at us to make it worse something none of us expected happened. You think you have hit rock bottom but another level opens up beneath you.... I fully expect the play offs to be horrible just like another england penalty shoot out. You always feel that this must be your day as your day must surely come...but it never seems to come.

Here here it just seems to happen all the time, Ok I must admit I don't go to every home game as live in Brixham Devon, but get to see the bees when we can away, After a crap couple of years falling into deep depression through marriage break up, and then getting hit with every bit of bad news going, and then only in Jan having my dad taken to hospital for a quadruple heart by pass, This season has been good to keep the spirits alive and listening to bees player for those remarkable late goals that kept automatic promotion alive.
So Saturday treated my dad and me to a trip to Griffin Park ( Dad is now in his 70th year of supporting the bees as until a few years ago lived there ), we did believe that Saturday was going to be our day, then in a few seconds it was gone, Who was to blame.... Well surely if a manager lays the law down you follow it, I know if I ignored my orders from my boss id be out of a job, But yet again the curse, bad luck whatever you wanna call it has struck again, and we are back to them horrible play offs, But as ive learnt to live with it, Saturday is now history and we must all look forward to the future, Due to work commitments I cant make Swindon, but ive all ready booked off the Sunday Final just in case, we must beeelieve
 

Get a grip.....

Getting back to Trotta penalty.....have yet to see the replay.......did the keeper move before the kick was taken.....just wondered that's all....:wave:...YOU REDS...

He moved out of the way.
 

Get a grip.....

My mate was The Sun reporter covering the game and apparently KOC had been practicing his pens all week in training and he also had a meeting to study which way Sullivan dives at pens.
 

Get a grip.....

First time I've even been able to open the GPG since Saturday. Still so sick I'm not sure if I'll read it again until ths season of promise and frustration is over. I hope it ends well, but I'm not sure how much I can emotionally expend between now and then.
 

Get a grip.....

He moved out of the way.

He dived right out the way, just needed to roll it in the other corner..... but he didnt know that before he kicked it. Whenever someone tries to roll a kick in and miss (batesy) I always say why not smack it and hope for the best. I have no issue with Trotta's pen, better players than him have missed crucial pens in bigger games than that, but I think perhaps they were supposed to take them.
 

Get a grip.....

Beating Sheff Utd in a wembley final in front of 70K would lay many ghosts to rest, I hope we get through and if we do I hope its not Yeovil we play in the final. Hopefully then the pain of the Doncaster game will will be eased....
 

Get a grip.....

First time I've even been able to open the GPG since Saturday. Still so sick I'm not sure if I'll read it again until ths season of promise and frustration is over. I hope it ends well, but I'm not sure how much I can emotionally expend between now and then.

The GPG is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment as no other fecker wants to listen to me moan on about it. It is just going over and over in my head and I can not talk of anything else. Nobody apart from us really cares. My posts are completely schitzo at the moment as my mood is changing constantly. I am turning into gazza.
 

Get a grip.....

My mate was The Sun reporter covering the game and apparently KOC had been practicing his pens all week in training and he also had a meeting to study which way Sullivan dives at pens.

Did he also cover the Titanic sinking?
 

Get a grip.....

There is no way to describe that game's ending, I just cannot stop replaying that pk over and over again in my head and yes, like many, this 63 year old was crying after the game. A bee since the age of 8 and easily the worst moment ever. I just hope and pray that we can step it up after it being so close, not sure, if we get to Wembley I can make the 9,000 mile roundtrip again but it will be on TV live in the States. Good luck to the manager, players and the best supporters anywhere. My 9 hour flight later will seem a very long one:sad:
i echo your sentiments exactly. Same age, same length of "service" and like u, feeling absolutely bereft.
Good for u for making the trip. Safe journey home and heres hoping that before long the dedication and patience we show to this club gets fully repaid. Take care .
 

Get a grip.....

The GPG is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment as no other fecker wants to listen to me moan on about it. It is just going over and over in my head and I can not talk of anything else. Nobody apart from us really cares. My posts are completely schitzo at the moment as my mood is changing constantly. I am turning into gazza.

That's what the GPG is for mhead, you;re not alone. Walked through the door at 6.30 on Sat and the wife asks: did they win?? Arsenal and Watford pals have greeted it with a mix of amusement and total disbelief. The only way to lay the ghost is for us to win at Wembley and then maybe, it would have all been worth it. But only Brentford could write this script.....
 

Get a grip.....

The only real way we can get over this is to win at Wembley.

COYB
 

Get a grip.....

i actually feel more confident about winning the playoffs then i did about winning saturday :grey:
 

Get a grip.....

I felt much worse after Bristol City in 93. Saturday was bad but I feel that with MB in control we will eventually achieve promotion and after 47 seasons I can take the long view. I can't understand people not attending the Swindon games though as I take a perverse, almost masochistic pleasure in whatever this club throws at me. We could play absolute crap in the play-offs and still get promoted then we would laugh at Trotta's miss.
 

Get a grip.....

I felt much worse after Bristol City in 93. Saturday was bad but I feel that with MB in control we will eventually achieve promotion and after 47 seasons I can take the long view. I can't understand people not attending the Swindon games though as I take a perverse, almost masochistic pleasure in whatever this club throws at me. We could play absolute crap in the play-offs and still get promoted then we would laugh at Trotta's miss.

Brentford FC could tie me to a pole and whip me, but I would still come back and say " more please, beat me harder Miss"
 

Get a grip.....

Brentford FC could tie me to a pole and whip me, but I would still come back and say " more please, beat me harder Miss"

Is this a last ditch effort to get NorthamptonBee on board ;)

It's no wonder you are travelling alone on Saturday. :(
 

Get a grip.....

At the moment i can't even get excited about*the possibility of getting promoted at Wembley even though i've always thought that would be the best way to do it. I'm still feeling we were robbed of OUR MOMENT at GP on Saturday.......and i fear that could be our last chance of a fantastic promotion party at the old ground.....just leaves me feeling really sad........ :-(
 

Get a grip.....

At the moment i can't even get excited about*the possibility of getting promoted at Wembley even though i've always thought that would be the best way to do it. I'm still feeling we were robbed of OUR MOMENT at GP on Saturday.......and i fear that could be our last chance of a fantastic promotion party at the old ground.....just leaves me feeling really sad........ :-(

Don't be daft 5 years ago all Donny had to do was get a draw away at Cheltenham to get auto promotion, we didn't and we were gutted. Some even threw their shirts and scarves away literally. We were then drawn in the semis with Sarfend which we got through courtesy of a Coppinger hat trick. We were then faced with the mighty Leeds United and their mass of supporters and given little chance in the final. We were constantly belittled on the way to the final by our local television station (YTV) based or should that read biased in Leeds. We went onto win against the odds and laughed as 40,000 + cocky t**ts left the stadium in tears.
There's absolutely no reason why you can't achieve a similar feat . Yes we had our scapegoats too but quickly left that sh*te behind us before the P/Offs.........embrace them but more importantly believe you ARE capable of winning them.
 

Get a grip.....

Don't be daft 5 years ago all Donny had to do was get a draw away at Cheltenham to get auto promotion, we didn't and we were gutted. Some even threw their shirts and scarves away literally. We were then drawn in the semis with Sarfend which we got through courtesy of a Coppinger hat trick. We were then faced with the mighty Leeds United and their mass of supporters and
given little chance in the final. We were constantly belittled on the way to the final by our local television station (YTV) based or should that read biased in Leeds. We went onto win against the odds and laughed as 40,000 + cocky t**ts
left the stadium in tears.
There's absolutely no reason why you can't achieve a similar feat . Yes we had our scapegoats too but quickly left that sh*te behind us before the P/Offs.........embrace them but more importantly believe you ARE capable of winning
them.

Cheers Wellington
 

Get a grip.....

Don't be daft 5 years ago all Donny had to do was get a draw away at Cheltenham to get auto promotion, we didn't and we were gutted. Some even threw their shirts and scarves away literally. We were then drawn in the semis with Sarfend which we got through courtesy of a Coppinger hat trick. We were then faced with the mighty Leeds United and their mass of supporters and given little chance in the final. We were constantly belittled on the way to the final by our local television station (YTV) based or should that read biased in Leeds. We went onto win against the odds and laughed as 40,000 + cocky t**ts left the stadium in tears.
There's absolutely no reason why you can't achieve a similar feat . Yes we had our scapegoats too but quickly left that sh*te behind us before the P/Offs.........embrace them but more importantly believe you ARE capable of winning them.

Cheers for that good post
 

Get a grip.....

Don't be daft 5 years ago all Donny had to do was get a draw away at Cheltenham to get auto promotion, we didn't and we were gutted. Some even threw their shirts and scarves away literally. We were then drawn in the semis with Sarfend which we got through courtesy of a Coppinger hat trick. We were then faced with the mighty Leeds United and their mass of supporters and given little chance in the final. We were constantly belittled on the way to the final by our local television station (YTV) based or should that read biased in Leeds. We went onto win against the odds and laughed as 40,000 + cocky t**ts left the stadium in tears.
There's absolutely no reason why you can't achieve a similar feat . Yes we had our scapegoats too but quickly left that sh*te behind us before the P/Offs.........embrace them but more importantly believe you ARE capable of winning them.

Fair point Wellington BUT in all my 40 years I've never seen us promoted at our own ground. Saturday was our golden opportunity ( and don't forget we hope to be out of GP in another 3 years). You might call me greedy but even a promotion at Wembley just wouldn't come anywhere near what we would have had at the weekend.............. (i'd still take it at the moment though.......:sorted:)
 

Get a grip.....

Don't be daft 5 years ago all Donny had to do was get a draw away at Cheltenham to get auto promotion, we didn't and we were gutted. Some even threw their shirts and scarves away literally. We were then drawn in the semis with Sarfend which we got through courtesy of a Coppinger hat trick. We were then faced with the mighty Leeds United and their mass of supporters and given little chance in the final. We were constantly belittled on the way to the final by our local television station (YTV) based or should that read biased in Leeds. We went onto win against the odds and laughed as 40,000 + cocky t**ts left the stadium in tears.
There's absolutely no reason why you can't achieve a similar feat . Yes we had our scapegoats too but quickly left that sh*te behind us before the P/Offs.........embrace them but more importantly believe you ARE capable of winning them.

Nice one. :sorted:
 

Get a grip.....

I understand that badger but neither have I !! Whenever we have gone up it's been away from home in my time , win at Wemberlee and you won't give a flying f**k about that in front of 30,000 Bees fans (yep the 'glory fans' will turn up in numbers!)
There isn't anyone that I met and talked to tonight at our stadium that didn't want your lot to go on and win the P/Offs despite some nasty 'afters' following the game.
 

Get a grip.....

Fair point Wellington BUT in all my 40 years I've never seen us promoted at our own ground. Saturday was our golden opportunity ( and don't forget we hope to be out of GP in another 3 years). You might call me greedy but even a promotion at Wembley just wouldn't come anywhere near what we would have had at the weekend.............. (i'd still take it at the moment though.......:sorted:)

Even if you were too young to remember Darlington in '77/8 there was Exeter In the Noades era - though I grant you that one was a little tame and anti climactic.
 

Get a grip.....

Eek.... Reading the Big Red Ball thread, a day back at work, getting some more perspective...

I just got that rush of excitement thinking about the Bees pushing for promotion through the POs... where does this hope come from?!

We can bloody do this!
 

Get a grip.....

I just got that rush of excitement thinking about the Bees pushing for promotion through the POs... where does this hope come from?!
It was that Mr. Wellington from Doncaster saying nice things. Doncaster are one of the few sides who I don't have some historical reason to dislike. Now Swindon, bloody hate them, and the thought of doing them over and possibly sticking it to Sheffield at Wembley.....! I can't wait.
 

Get a grip.....

Eek.... Reading the Big Red Ball thread, a day back at work, getting some more perspective...

I just got that rush of excitement thinking about the Bees pushing for promotion through the POs... where does this hope come from?!

We can bloody do this!

Of course we can\will!
 

Get a grip.....

I understand that badger but neither have I !! Whenever we have gone up it's been away from home in my time , win at Wemberlee and you won't give a flying f**k about that in front of 30,000 Bees fans (yep the 'glory fans' will turn up in numbers!)
There isn't anyone that I met and talked to tonight at our stadium that didn't want your lot to go on and win the P/Offs despite some nasty 'afters' following the game.

Deep down, even the blokes wandering the streets had no real gripe against your fans.
They were picking on each other and the OB were getting most of the grief.
donny fans were tame compared to the loons that came to GP the week before.
 

Get a grip.....

..................grip got..................
 

Get a grip.....

Yesterday was strange.
I can't remember ever attending a big Bees match and not feeling in the slightest bit nervous. Even during the game I felt the same. I wasn't the only one it seemed - very relaxed crowd.
I think it's cos we had the overriding feeling of if we lost "well that's typical" and if we won "we shouldn't even be here in the first place, it's the least we deserve".
O'Connor doing what he would have done on Sat just added to the latter.

I think the only way I will get over "that" game is if we win at Wembley.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom