Gillingham

Gillingham

what sort of poncy faggotus talk is that.........im with the 3 still going, the other 37 should be ashamed ;)

?.. Well unless you are either a bird or a 16 year old boy, I don't think you are one of the 3!! One of them got done over after coming out the ground, another got robbed walking back to their car, another had his car broken into - so not the most successful of visits in the past. I hate Martin Allen and his antics when against us are both childish and pathetic. Had enough at Notts Co and don't want to see his condescening face again.
 

Gillingham

................£15............bargain..............
 

Gillingham

?.. Well unless you are either a bird or a 16 year old boy, I don't think you are one of the 3!! One of them got done over after coming out the ground, another got robbed walking back to their car, another had his car broken into - so not the most successful of visits in the past. I hate Martin Allen and his antics when against us are both childish and pathetic. Had enough at Notts Co and don't want to see his condescening face again.

Where's the PMA? :D
 

Gillingham

?.. Well unless you are either a bird or a 16 year old boy, I don't think you are one of the 3!! One of them got done over after coming out the ground, another got robbed walking back to their car, another had his car broken into - so not the most successful of visits in the past. I hate Martin Allen and his antics when against us are both childish and pathetic. Had enough at Notts Co and don't want to see his condescening face again.

fall.gif
 

Gillingham

Going on my own, hardcore me.

£15 ticket, £17 train. Bargain really.
 

Gillingham

Lift to Tilbury, ferry from Tilbury to Gravesend, 5 quid return to Gills from there :beer:
 

Gillingham

I think the Fleurs De Lis, on the corner, is still there but it's a real dive. The Southern Belle is a better pub, opposite the station going away from the ground on the corner of the High Street.

It pays to know the alleyways around the ground for a getaway, although the days of metal dustbins are probably long gone.

We first went there because it used to be run by the landlord of my local in Horsham.He told me to say that he sent us there.I mentioned his name and that was it.

What a session.We used it all the time after that whenever we played The Gills.Before and after the game we were always welcome.The pub had its characters and I think we blended in quite well.
 

Gillingham

Going on my own, hardcore me.

£15 ticket, £17 train. Bargain really.

good price for match ticks. Sounds like Peterborough away are charging away fans £28 on the day and £25 in advance (seating only)
 

Gillingham

First game of the season for me, can't wait following todays performance... Quite local, should get a fair few down?
 

Gillingham

First game of the season for me, can't wait following todays performance... Quite local, should get a fair few down?

I reckon about 1500-1800 like you said quite local, great performance/result today, Gills lost 4-0 and £15 in advance for adults (£20 on the day) plus loyalty points ;) :bound:
 

Gillingham

I reckon about 1500-1800 like you said quite local, great performance/result today, Gills lost 4-0 and £15 in advance for adults (£20 on the day) plus loyalty points ;) :bound:

Think we will take loads there, not sure it will be that much, will be delighted if it is.
 

Gillingham

Just looking through their team today, so many ex-Bees, plus Akinfenwa. Should be a good day (and a good result)
 

Gillingham

minimum 1500 before today but seeing as we won im going for 2k plus.....the vftb's entourage have got their tickets and there will be plenty who will turn up on the day.....the q's at 2.50pm will be immense ;)

all aboad the love train from victoria lol
 

Gillingham

minimum 1500 before today but seeing as we won im going for 2k plus.....the vftb's entourage have got their tickets and there will be plenty who will turn up on the day.....the q's at 2.50pm will be immense ;)

all aboad the love train from victoria lol

Was going to drive but out of interest what's the cost and timings from Victoria Voice?
 

Gillingham

12.58 from Victoria gets to Gillingham at 14.03
 

Gillingham

Gutted as I've got a get together with our 'baby' friends group next Sat. Would've been well up for this one. Mrs won't be impressed if I swap her and the kids for Gills :(

My head says avoid it, Gillingham is another dump, the locals are very moody, I've never seen us play well there and MA will have them up for it after their abysmal start.
My heart says "Sod it, life's too short, it's not far by train or car and this team is good enough to beat anyone if we play well"
 

Gillingham

My head says avoid it, Gillingham is another dump, the locals are very moody, I've never seen us play well there and MA will have them up for it after their abysmal start.
My heart says "Sod it, life's too short, it's not far by train or car and this team is good enough to beat anyone if we play well"

Mate go if you can, I would go every week if I could right now.

Can't wait till my 2 year old daughter is a couple more years older. She's gonna like the Bees (no choice! ) and I can give the Mrs a nice quiet Saturday off by taking one of the little un's all over the country watching Bees!
 

Gillingham

Mate go if you can, I would go every week if I could right now.

Can't wait till my 2 year old daughter is a couple more years older. She's gonna like the Bees (no choice! ) and I can give the Mrs a nice quiet Saturday off by taking one of the little un's all over the country watching Bees!

That's exactly what I do mate and win win all round, my 12 year old is now a fanatic and the 19 year old gets it and will actually help argue my case for doing away games!
 

Gillingham

I'll be back from my hols in time for my first away trip of the season. Haven't decided whether to drive or train it yet. 1500 minimum I think.
 

Gillingham

Up the road for me -can't wait to give a bit of banter back to MA after he said they would smash when I spoke to him during the friendly Faversham Town v Gillingham.
Could be a lesson if our squad perform on the day against the old brigade of Legge, Nelson, Weston etc.
 

Gillingham

Up the road for me -can't wait to give a bit of banter back to MA after he said they would smash when I spoke to him during the friendly Faversham Town v Gillingham.
Could be a lesson if our squad perform on the day against the old brigade of Legge, Nelson, Weston etc.

I like Martin but I groaned last night when he was being interviewed on Football League show.
Pretended he didn't know that Wolves had players valued at £6M and one on the bench at £2.5M. Started can you imagine me with players like that, mine are like me all rejects that no one else wants. Never had money to spend blah, blah. Made me chuckle but it's getting a bit old hat now and he could do with a new scriptwriter.

Still think they'll make it more difficult than Sheff Utd did yesterday and maybe we might need to make a tweak - possibly beef up midfield at the start. Might be worth bringing Kev or Sam back in for Conor given they'll be very combative.
 

Gillingham

I like Martin but I groaned last night when he was being interviewed on Football League show.
Pretended he didn't know that Wolves had players valued at £6M and one on the bench at £2.5M. Started can you imagine me with players like that, mine are like me all rejects that no one else wants. Never had money to spend blah, blah. Made me chuckle but it's getting a bit old hat now and he could do with a new scriptwriter.

Still think they'll make it more difficult than Sheff Utd did yesterday and maybe we might need to make a tweak - possibly beef up midfield at the start. Might be worth bringing Kev or Sam back in for Conor given they'll be very combative.

Why change a winning team? Let MA see that our team sheet is the same that tore Sheff Utd apart and let him worry about us.
 

Gillingham

I like Martin but I groaned last night when he was being interviewed on Football League show.
Pretended he didn't know that Wolves had players valued at £6M and one on the bench at £2.5M. Started can you imagine me with players like that, mine are like me all rejects that no one else wants. Never had money to spend blah, blah. Made me chuckle but it's getting a bit old hat now and he could do with a new scriptwriter.

Still think they'll make it more difficult than Sheff Utd did yesterday and maybe we might need to make a tweak - possibly beef up midfield at the start. Might be worth bringing Kev or Sam back in for Conor given they'll be very combative.

Felt the same way myself. All very cringeworthy. Much akin to his speech when they got promoted. Don't get me wrong, I love his passion and his eccentricities but heard all of it before
 

Gillingham

Why change a winning team? Let MA see that our team sheet is the same that tore Sheff Utd apart and let him worry about us.

Possibly but we're away from home against a side that will battle for their lives and be very physical so would consider another more defensive minded midfielder to start the game. First 10-15 minutes are so important and we may benefit from an older head - Sav and Conor are both raw teenagers and more attack minded that works at home but not so sure Uwe will deploy same tactics or formation away against certain teams. Only my opinion like, love seeing us playing expansive, attacking football but also need to pick when it's right.
 

Gillingham

.............yep............Fencer has got them all fishing................
 

Gillingham

Its' a game crying for Dave to play in alongside McCormack
 

Gillingham

Booked on the 12.58 out and 17:15 back, 1500 sounds about right.

I expect a tough game, Allen will definitely have them up for it and I'm sure we'll have a week of hearing Allen talk about our budget and how they can't compete with clubs like us. Like the guy but his interview on FLS was a bit predictable with his "we only have free transfer" line.
 

Gillingham

Can't find any information on the BFC site about away coach travel for the gills game.When i click on away travel it sends me to the big red ball awards :)

Do we still do coaches for local games and if so can anyone clue me up on how to book seats?

cheers :sorted:
 

Gillingham

...............coach leaves midday Saturday..........
 

Gillingham

Cheers is it 1st come 1st serve and do they still leave from ealing road bridge?
 

Gillingham

bargin, how have we not sold 500 of these after yesterday?.

When we played there in promotion season we only took 500, same on Boxing day the other year.
Bloody hope there is more saturday
 

Gillingham

When we played there in promotion season we only took 500, same on Boxing day the other year.
Bloody hope there is more saturday

Theres going to be a lot going mate.

I would say to those paying on the gate, not to leave it till 14:45.
 

Gillingham

Don't envisage a massive crowd for this - would be very suprised it was over 1k. Core 400-500 travellers but with 2 home games in a row coming up those who have to pick n choose games would choose the 2 homes rather than Pikesville
 

Gillingham

...............coach leaves midday Saturday..........

Surprised leaving at 12. Roadworks round by Godstone , that junction can take 30mins+ to negotiate. Might be better on a Sat I suppose

We're leaving at 1130 and have a good headstart on GP

Should be a good following down there :wave:
 

Gillingham

Booked on the 12.58 out and 17:15 back, 1500 sounds about right.

Dont think Trains to Gillingham are bookable

You just turn up like getting Trains out of Waterloo

You can get any train time you want
 

Gillingham

This is true, they also do the small group travel offer on this route, where 3 or 4 go for the price of 2
 

Gillingham

Best places to park?

Loads of street parking around the ground. When you see the floodlights come into view get parked up, if you try and get too close its a lot harder.
 

Gillingham

Loads of street parking around the ground. When you see the floodlights come into view get parked up, if you try and get too close its a lot harder.

Best to stick a tow bar on and a "Tax disc in post" so the residents think you're a local.
 
Back
Top Bottom