Hamer & Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamer & Bennett

Just got a text from Davee,he says ," ok-ish news,but he wont make it in league one if we go up".............................................:sneakoff:
 

Hamer & Bennett

Alan Bennets signing till the end of the season is a massive piece of busness for us.
And to think I was one of the major doubters on here when Andy was appointed manager. I hold my hands up,I was wrong andam prepared to eat humble pie.
 

Hamer & Bennett

And to think we were all worried when Leigh Mills went back to Spurs and Bennett was the replacement back in pre season.....

Mills is now on trial with Ide at Aldershot....
 

Hamer & Bennett

Apologies in advance to SmiffyBee.
there are 2 ''T''s in Bennett.
 

Hamer & Bennett

......................woo hoo.........................
 

Hamer & Bennett

I take my hat of to you BFC, great signing now lets get the job done DIVISION 1
 

Hamer & Bennett

Absolutely first class. Plaudits not only to AS but to Reading too - i might almost forget the Cureton goal (i did say almost....).
 

Hamer & Bennett

Fantastic news, key to our promotion aspirations. tough game on Saturday but I have a good feeling about it now!;)
 

Hamer & Bennett

bad Jimbee

:touchwoodandthrowssaltovershouldersmile:
 

Hamer & Bennett

Good to hear about Bennett. Gives you the idea that this is the place to be. Is Ben Hamer still on side? No doubt he's good, but seems to be sending out strange signals, last couple of games- or is it just that i left my intergalactic receiver plugged in??????:cool:
 

Hamer & Bennett

Just heard he's twisted his ankle in training..............;)
 

Hamer & Bennett

Crucial and best signing of the season.
He is strong as an ox as previously said.

He gets on with the job and doesnt feck about.
Go up and he will be out of contract and possible get him permanent.

Great news...well done Andy and thanks to Reading and Alan.
 

Hamer & Bennett

.....................back of the net............................
 

Hamer & Bennett

Just got a text from Davee,he says ," ok-ish news,but he wont make it in league one if we go up".............................................:sneakoff:


You fibber.
I'm surprised and delighted!

Shows some real commitment by the club to get out of this godforsaken league. Thanks to Andy/Reading/whoever helped this happen.

Who we'd keep in League One is a much different problem...
One I'd love the club to have.
 

Hamer & Bennett

excellent news, good to sign him till the end of the season (plus cover for the play offs too, but we won;t be needing them this season!) maybe a couple of other 'deals' to sort out before 5pm Feb 2nd, hopefully Pead's contract is torn up!, Brown possibly moves on, and a couple of season loan deals for a forward ie Rhodes/Bowditch, and a RM player?
 

Hamer & Bennett

I made a phone call to a fellow GPGer and good friend a few hours ago and it went.......

NB: Have you heard about Bennett? - peed off tone to voice
Fellow GPer: No go on? - anxious
NB:Going to Shrewsbury!
FG: Feckin Hell!
Pregnant pause........
NB: Yeah with us at the weekend and then for the rest of the season.
FG: You ****!

Where's the humour in life gone?
 

Hamer & Bennett

I made a phone call to a fellow GPGer and good friend a few hours ago and it went.......

NB: Have you heard about Bennett? - peed off tone to voice
Fellow GPer: No go on? - anxious
NB:Going to Shrewsbury!
FG: Feckin Hell!
Pregnant pause........
NB: Yeah with us at the weekend and then for the rest of the season.
FG: You ****!

Where's the humour in life gone?

Love it :D:D:D:D
 

Hamer & Bennett

Absolutely first class. Plaudits not only to AS but to Reading too - i might almost forget the Cureton goal (i did say almost....).


:imwith:

One of the saddest days of my life. The divergent fortunes of the two clubs just makes it all the sadder.
 

Hamer & Bennett

I made a phone call to a fellow GPGer and good friend a few hours ago and it went.......

NB: Have you heard about Bennett? - peed off tone to voice
Fellow GPer: No go on? - anxious
NB:Going to Shrewsbury!
FG: Feckin Hell!
Pregnant pause........
NB: Yeah with us at the weekend and then for the rest of the season.
FG: You ****!

Where's the humour in life gone?

was the anger as he was in the middle of replying to a question about a 'date' on behalf of 'his friend'.....
 

Hamer & Bennett

Fantastic news... integral part of our defence:)
 

Hamer & Bennett

I made a phone call to a fellow GPGer and good friend a few hours ago and it went.......

NB: Have you heard about Bennett? - peed off tone to voice
Fellow GPer: No go on? - anxious
NB:Going to Shrewsbury!
FG: F**k
Pregnant pause........
NB: Yeah with us at the weekend and then for the rest of the season.
FG: You ****!

Where's the humour in life gone?

Corrected to reflect the actual conversation + not funny in the slightest :nono::nono:
 

Hamer & Bennett

This is BIG news! :sorted:

No excuses now, we have every chance of going up!!

I hope Reading are still funding his wages!!!!
 

Hamer & Bennett

Very, very, very good news...he has been an absolute rock, He would also be a big asset in Div 1.
 

Hamer & Bennett

yep
 

Hamer & Bennett

Great news indeed. Heywood seems like a lifetime ago doesn't he?!

Good work AS et al. :sorted:
 

Hamer & Bennett

Excellent news, Like Northamptonbee I was not over impressed when we signed him at the beginning of the season as I did not think he looked that good last season but he has been brilliant this season First alongside Wilson and now Phillips. Lets hope he celebrates by helping to keep a clean sheet on Saturday :sorted:
 

Hamer & Bennett

......................phew........great news............I am pleased..........................
 

Hamer & Bennett

New contract for keeper Andersson at Reading http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/reading/7915068.stm

Could Hamer now become available or could Andersson be our loanee next season if Hamer also gets an extended deal at Reading?

If Reading don't go up, I think Hamer might fight for a first team slot in the Championship. From the one game we saw, I wouldn't mind Andersson as a replacement. If they do go up, Hamer's first team chances might be limited, but if they released him, I'm sure they'd look for a fee
 

Hamer & Bennett

but if they released him, I'm sure they'd look for a fee

He's a free agent, but because of his age he would still command a fee set by tibunal. Depends whether Coppell wnat to be nice to us. A tribunal wouldn't set a huge price imho, because he's been loaned out for all his latest contract. Coppell might just let us have him free, but with a good sell on clause. :idea:
 

Hamer & Bennett

But there is only a fee if Reading offer him a contract on improved terms, which is not a definite thing to happen.
 

Hamer & Bennett

Hopefully Ben's chest problem isn't nothing bad!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom