iFollow

amersfoort bee

Active member
Joined
26 Jan 2003
Messages
2,439
Reaction score
767
Location
netherlands

iFollow

Now that the season has finished I think I have watched 25 Bees matches on iFollow. As I said on another thread I will send the Bees a cheque for £10 for each match I have seen, Cheque for £250 will be in the post tomorrow.

Incidentally, I think I paid £249 for my ST.

Please note I said "I think". Brain not working too well after all the lockdowns.
 

iFollow

Now that the season has finished I think I have watched 25 Bees matches on iFollow. As I said on another thread I will send the Bees a cheque for £10 for each match I have seen, Cheque for £250 will be in the post tomorrow.

Incidentally, I think I paid £249 for my ST.

Please note I said "I think". Brain not working too well after all the lockdowns.
That's going to make a massive different to the club. Thanks! In the meantime....there's supporter groups out there ?
 

iFollow

iFollow has just released their figures for last season.

£42 million was raised for EFL members. The highest support amongst the Championship was from Norwich, followed by Nottingham Forest and in third place we Luton. Third place for Luton was quite a surprise to me.
 

iFollow

Now that the season has finished I think I have watched 25 Bees matches on iFollow. As I said on another thread I will send the Bees a cheque for £10 for each match I have seen, Cheque for £250 will be in the post tomorrow.

Incidentally, I think I paid £249 for my ST.

Please note I said "I think". Brain not working too well after all the lockdowns.

You’d be better off sending it to BIAS or Bees United
 

iFollow

That's going to make a massive different to the club. Thanks! In the meantime....there's supporter groups out there ?
I fully agree that it is not going to make a massive difference to the club. It is a gesture and nothing more than that, But imagine if all ST holders were willing and able to make similar contributions that would be a serious amount of money.

I had not seen your request for funding the GPG before posting the original entry in this forum. I will consider it over the next few days.
 

iFollow


It really wouldn’t make a big difference. It will be like a 3rd of our COVID tax even if 10,000 bees did the same !! The figures in the premier league are eye watering and require one sitting back and double checking magnitudes as they are so mad
 

iFollow

Why do you you think that? I already subscribe to both of those organisations. I think I have given almost £5000 to Bees United over the years.

Because the club simply do not need charity anymore .
 

iFollow

It really wouldn’t make a big difference. It will be like a 3rd of our COVID tax even if 10,000 bees did the same !! The figures in the premier league are eye watering and require one sitting back and double checking magnitudes as they are so mad
About £2,5 million would not make any difference? I am absolutely sure that the club would like that extra income.
 

iFollow

About £2,5 million would not make any difference? I am absolutely sure that the club would like that extra income.

Yes I did the maths too but I didn’t say it wouldn’t make any difference did I !!
 

iFollow

I can't understand why you describe it as "charity". It is merely a small donation to the club I have been supporting fo about 66 years now. I really can't see any problems with giving them a small amount of money.

Absolutely no problem whatsoever mate. It’s your money you do with it whatever you want. I’m just saying it’s such a drop in the ocean now compared to early 2000s that it’s almost pointless (despite being incredibly generous from you ). If I was going to give 250 large to the bees cause (which the thrift thread says I’m not) I would consider the supporters groups where that would make far more difference to the organisation and still be pulling in the same direction. That is all
 

iFollow

A good example just now. Simply for Ollie Watkins coming on as a sub and playing in a friendly we bank over 200k. That’s almost a 1,000 bees making the same gesture! We are just too big for this league now
 

iFollow

Especially as I imagine it would have tax advantages. Ie more money going to where you want it rather than to the treasury
 

iFollow

iFollow has just released their figures for last season.

£42 million was raised for EFL members. The highest support amongst the Championship was from Norwich, followed by Nottingham Forest and in third place we Luton. Third place for Luton was quite a surprise to me.
Luton has lots of ex pat supporters maybe??
 

iFollow

Now that the season has finished I think I have watched 25 Bees matches on iFollow. As I said on another thread I will send the Bees a cheque for £10 for each match I have seen, Cheque for £250 will be in the post tomorrow.

Incidentally, I think I paid £249 for my ST.

Please note I said "I think". Brain not working too well after all the lockdowns.

Why not give it to a charity. One where it would make a huge difference?
 

iFollow

Great gesture mate but as Nocoat says BFC really don't need it anymore - imagine saying that 10 years ago!!

Buy Banana 125 coffees and take a big whack out of his yearly running costs for this site instead ?
 

iFollow

Not followed the Premiership last year , used Ifollow a lot . What is the coverage going to be on say a Saturday 3 pm KO
 

iFollow

Blimey, some odd reactions here to Amersfoort's nice gesture! Sure, some others might think there are better places to send the money, but the intention was good. Perhaps more of the reactions above could have recognised that first before the criticism! Just saying! :)
 

iFollow

Not followed the Premiership last year , used Ifollow a lot . What is the coverage going to be on say a Saturday 3 pm KO

first things first, will fans be allowed back fully, or not? hard to say right now. if there are restrictions, then i can imagine similar to this year, the Prem matches will be staggered over the weekend, so that all can be shown live.

if it'll be "back to normal", then it wouldn't be possible to watch a Saturday 3pm game... (although there may possibly be workarounds that are not-quite-legal, because every Prem match is shown live in some countries...)

basically - very hard to say, right now. stay tuned.
 
Last edited:

iFollow

I don't pay tax in the UK.

lol I wasn't talking about you!!

Who do you think has a higher tax bill in percentage terms. BIAS/BU or BFC! I don't know how much clearer I can make my point so I shall just stop now.
 

iFollow

lol I wasn't talking about you!!

Who do you think has a higher tax bill in percentage terms. BIAS/BU or BFC! I don't know how much clearer I can make my point so I shall just stop now.
How many guesses am I allowed?
 

iFollow

Keep posting no coat never seen you so busy ps not a lover of I follow lot to bee desired
 

iFollow

Let’s just make this whole thing a lot easier- send me your money amersfoot bee
 

iFollow

I can't understand why you describe it as "charity". It is merely a small donation to the club I have been supporting fo about 66 years now. I really can't see any problems with giving them a small amount of money.

I am disappointed about a few of the replies to your original post - any contribution to BFC should be very graciously received and thank you for your support now and over the years.

Some of the replies smack of we are Billy Big Dollocks of the Premier League - Disapointing.
 

iFollow

Really enjoyed the ifollow coverage. Brilliant of the club to make home games free for season ticket holders. At £10 a game ie between half to a third of the price of ground admission would seem to make sense that every game in the EFL is available to watch for supporters next season.Surely for anyone that decides not to attend in person because they can watch it at home there will be at least three people, exiles or just unable to attend, who will pay to watch. More money and greater reach for each club, a no-brainer?
 

iFollow

I have just received this in an email. It appears if you pay £45.00 you get Bees Player. I have no idea what you actually get but thought I’d share it. Someone on here probably knows what you get and if it’s worth £45.00.

We are writing to you to explain some important information with regards to your iFollow Brentford Season Pass subscription.

Following the promotion of Brentford to the Premier League, your Season Pass subscription for the 2021/22 Season will reduce to £45 and be renamed BeesPlayer.

Please note: International fans will no longer have access to live match footage due to broadcasting rights in the Premier League.

Your Season Pass will automatically renew on 1st July 2021. Details of your renewal are:

Service Summary

Service:
Season Pass
Total Price: £45 or local equivalent (inclusive of VAT/sales tax)
Subscription Period*: 1 Season
Payment method: we will use the same payment details that you provided for your 2020/21 Season Pass.
 

iFollow

It will be audio only coverage of live games. Not sure if there will be other content (interviews etc.)
Thanks for the reply. It seems strange asking for payment without saying what the content will be.
 

iFollow

I wrote and asked them to cancel my subscription which they have done. The reply said they hoped I’d be back, which given that that will only happen if we’re relegated is a bit of a barbed wish!
Yes very strange, my cancellation email will follow soon unless there is more information
 

iFollow

I had an account and cancelled it when I could get it free from the club with another account. Does auto renew work in the free club one?
 

iFollow

IFollow crew answered;
IFollow said:
Your subscription has been canceled as per our last email. The email you received from EFL was sent to all Brentford fans to inform them that we will be unable to provide video access for next season.
 

iFollow

Did you have a paid ifollow subscription?

IFollow said:
Your subscription has been canceled as per our last email. The email you received from EFL was sent to all Brentford fans to inform them that we will be unable to provide video access for next season.
 

iFollow

Not as confusing as this email they sent me:

Dear Edmund,

Blackburn Rovers are delighted to confirm the upcoming launch of a brand-new digital service which will include a new official club website, streaming service and added features for our current official Rovers app. On Tuesday 1st June, any supporters visiting rovers.co.uk will be greeted with the club’s brand-new website.

As a result, the club's video service is changing from iFollow Rovers to RoversTV and you will need to register with the new service once the new website is up and running.
 

iFollow

IFollow said:
Your subscription has been canceled as per our last email. The email you received from EFL was sent to all Brentford fans to inform them that we will be unable to provide video access for next season.
So, you are really expecting them to form sentences which are not confusing and ambiguous? That would be totally against their style of communication.
 
Back
Top Bottom